[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by catsi563 »

Small edit on Titaness bring her saves into PL limits added a couple small things and she should be good
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Original picture here.

Fortress, Power Level 8

STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 11, DEXTERITY 1, AGILITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3 * 74 points

POWERS:
Combat Training: Array (8 points)
Bracing - Sustained Impervious Toughness 8 * 8 points
Cheap Shot - Affliction 10 (Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Resisted by Fortitude, Quirk: only usable against Vulnerable or Defenseless enemies; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless) Linked to Unarmed Attack * 1 point
Shockwave - Cone Area added to 8 ranks of Strength damage * 1 point

Finger Flick: Subtle on Strength Damage * 1 point

Highly Mobile: Array (4 points)
Leaping 4 * 4 points
Speed 4 * 1 point

Resilient: Impervious Toughness 3; Immunity 2 (Critical Hits) * 5 points

SKILLS:
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+6), Deception 15 (+18), Expertise: Criminal 7 (+8), Insight 7 (+12) * 15 points

ADVANTAGES:
Assessment, Interpose, Set-Up 2, Taunt, Ultimate Toughness * 6 points

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Cheap Shot +6; Close, Damage 10 and Affliction 10, Resisted by Fortitude (DC 20)
Shockwave; Cone Area, Damage 8
Unarmed +6; Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE:
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Will 5, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11 * 4 points

POWER POINTS:
Abilities 74, Powers 21, Advantages 6, Skills 15, Defenses 4, Total 120

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Fortress has even more reason to hide her identity than most superheroes. A concerning number of people on earth-prime are inverted reflections of the anti-earth figures she knows. She hasn't found another Genevieve Kazan on this world yet, but she wants to keep her real name out of the public eye, just in case.
Motivation--Recognition: Fortress is new to Claremont Academy, and she wants to build up a reputation again as soon as possible.
Prejudice: Most people would consider Fortress a mutant for her exceptional strength and durability. To her, this is terribly unfair--why isn't a genius inventor with technology decades ahead of the rest of the world considered a mutant? Why isn't a martial artist who can dodge bullets and fight thirty people at once considered a mutant? Being called a mutant is one of the few things that actually offends her.
Quirk: Fortress is impressed by small acts of courtesy and decency that most people would take for granted, but cruelty and betrayal don't make her bat an eye. She doesn't get pop culture references, or else she interprets them wrong, and she sees people sometimes that she recognizes from her old world. It's still a small price to pay for escaping the Academy, in her opinion.
Secret: The faculty at Claremont Academy know Fortress is hiding something, but they don't know she's an anti-earthling, and she aims to keep it that way.

Genevieve is a product of the Academy, an indoctrination ground where the Tyranny Syndicate of Anti-Earth train their enforcers and foot soldiers. The most powerful, vicious, and ruthless cadets rise to the top, and the rest of the class is lucky if they even stay alive. With no rare or significant powers of her own, Genevieve survived by working for the Academy's top cadets while playing them against each other. With all the betrayals and ambushes that happened at the Academy, a good bodyguard was invaluable, and Genevieve knew how to tell people what they wanted to hear.

When an experimental device designed to provide a means of invading Earth-Prime failed spectacularly, the explosion hurled her miles away from the Academy. She picked herself up, walked all the way back, and reported for duty.

Nobody knew who she was. Genevieve quickly spun a lie about applying to join the "Claremont" Academy and tried to figure out what had happened. The world she was in was different in many ways from the world she knew, and almost every difference was an improvement. She has no intention of going back, and she's looking forward to trying out this superhero thing.
Last edited by RainOnTheSun on Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Will try and get a build up this weekend - thinking a flying blaster of some sort
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:09 am
Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 pm Hm so... if I add subtle to chakra jutsu then they would work fine? Im missing a point then. Using them independently is not really important for me, but if I could it would be fun for role play matters, like paralyzing someone just because =p
Hmm... could you explain to me how you expect things to work between the Chakra blockage jutsu and your two arrayed blade attacks?

What do you want his Improved Critical applied to?

Your Techno Shinobi Array comes in higher than 11 PP, but I'm fine with using the alternate Obscure, which brings you back down to the right amount.

Also, your defenses aren't quite right. You have 4 ranks of Defensive Roll, but list 2 Toughness from Advantages. And your combined Will and Fortitude come out to 18.

You have 18 PP of skills, not 12 (is this from a campaign that had the 3 skill points per power point rule?).
Ah yes it is that that makes my numbers off. I was hoping to get the blade attack to apply the Affliction only when catching the target unaware, like a sneak attack d&d style
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:35 pm
Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 pm Hm so... if I add subtle to chakra jutsu then they would work fine? Im missing a point then. Using them independently is not really important for me, but if I could it would be fun for role play matters, like paralyzing someone just because =p
Hmm... could you explain to me how you expect things to work between the Chakra blockage jutsu and your two arrayed blade attacks?

Your Techno Shinobi Array comes in higher than 11 PP, but I'm fine with using the alternate Obscure, which brings you back down to the right amount.

Also, your defenses aren't quite right. You have 4 ranks of Defensive Roll, but list 2 Toughness from Advantages. And your combined Will and Fortitude come out to 18.

You have 18 PP of skills, not 12 (is this from a campaign that had the 3 skill points per power point rule?).
Ah yes it is that that makes my numbers off. I was hoping to get the blade attack to apply the Affliction only when catching the target unaware, like a sneak attack d&d style
OK, that kind of makes sense. And in that case, they'll notice the Affliction (which is not subtle), but maybe not that you cut them as well (although they'll notice the effects since it's not Insidious). And the AE on the Hidden Blade? Is that also intended to be Linked?'

I'm debating this in part because it has the potential to sidestep one of the limitations of Linked, that you can't separate the two attacks and choose to do one or the other.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm debating this in part because it has the potential to sidestep one of the limitations of Linked, that you can't separate the two attacks and choose to do one or the other.
It's actually fine. Consider the following;
[20pp] Atom Slicer: Damage 10 linked to Weaken Toughness 10
[1pp] Alternate Effect (Multiple powers)
-Regular Slice: Damage 10
-Blade Slap: Affliction 10
Versus:
[10pp] Regular Slice: Damage 10

[10pp] Atom Slicer: Weaken 10
[1pp] Alternate Effect: Blade Slap: Affliction 10
Those two setups are mechanically identical in action. The latter is a little cleaner to look at, but cost wise and effect wise, they are otherwise identical. Having a linked portion of a power inside an array is valid in that if you placed both parts of the linked power in the array, but placed the one you wanted always available in EVERY array slot, you come out in exactly the same place, but you have a much larger and messier looking array with the one attack in every slot.

If anything, doing it the latter method reduces the points available in the array so is the potentially weaker (depending on your building intent power-wise) way of going about things.

For example, in the former method, the player could make an entirely separate 20pp power that doesn't involve the regular slice, but in the latter, the array is only 10pp, so they lack that option.

Easy way around THAT is using some short hand with the attack that repeats itself inside the array.

But basically, just saying that the method of having a linked portion of a power in an array so the linked part can be turned on and off it valid.
Camus

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm
Camus wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:35 pm

OK, that kind of makes sense. And in that case, they'll notice the Affliction (which is not subtle), but maybe not that you cut them as well (although they'll notice the effects since it's not Insidious). And the AE on the Hidden Blade? Is that also intended to be Linked?'

Corrected the points and mistakes, and what AE? You mean the split attack in ninjato style? I wasnt considering that to be linked, only hidden blade. My reasoning was in line with Epic's (thanks for the clear exposition! Couldnt have done it better myself. Not entirely sure anyone can xD)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:25 pmCorrected the points and mistakes, and what AE? You mean the split attack in ninjato style? I wasnt considering that to be linked, only hidden blade. My reasoning was in line with Epic's (thanks for the clear exposition! Couldnt have done it better myself. Not entirely sure anyone can xD)
That's cool. Sorry, was just confused at first. So your intent is that, when you have the Hidden Blade Jutsu up, and you strike with the Chakra Blockage Jutsu, if the target is Vulnerable / Surprised, they get hit with both (if the attack roll succeeds since they have different bonuses) and, if not, just the Chakra Blocking Jutsu. And if you have the Ninjato Style active, you could choose to either use Ninjato Style or Chakra Blockage. I just was uncertain of the usage as you had it. Do you have a clear idea of which fires first, in the situation where it may make a difference?

One other minor thing, you have the Chakra Blockage listed as Ranged in your Attacks block. Otherwise, it looks good.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So I decided to work on Blitz from Horsenhero's Young Protectors game that kinda froze back in December. That game was PL7 with 120pp and some house rules, so she needs a little work.

She is basically a Green Lanturn lite with some inventing and an alien weaponized prosthetic arm instead of a power ring.

She blasts, she flies, she makes hard light constructs, and she can pull out a gadget in a pinch.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 pm So I decided to work on Blitz from Horsenhero's Young Protectors game that kinda froze back in December. That game was PL7 with 120pp and some house rules, so she needs a little work.

She is basically a Green Lanturn lite with some inventing and an alien weaponized prosthetic arm instead of a power ring.

She blasts, she flies, she makes hard light constructs, and she can pull out a gadget in a pinch.
She sounds a little overpowered to me.I'd drop the inventing thing,keep the Prosthetic arm(lots of GL's have lost hands&arms) and you should be cool.The original Next-Gen had Megastar,so.....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The odds of inventing coming up in a one shot are pretty slim. And she isn't an ACTUAL Green Lanturn, just the general power theme of an object that bestows energy construct based powers.

The idea behind her inventing is learning the technology of the alien weapon as she learns more about it if for the minimal reason of maintenance on the arm itself. We're not talking Iron Man or even Mr Fantastic levels of inventing. More like the odd time Spiderman invents something out of necessity but having the knowhow for maintenance of his self-developed web shooters.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Actually, I have another idea that may fit better with what has already been submitted... literally just found the picture and hit upon inspiration from it.

I'll whip up a build and background over the weekend.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EXPRESS
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

Pink Floyd wrote:The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older...
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 10 (+14), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+8), Treatment 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Agile Fient, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion, Languages [English, French, Vietnamese; (2)], Skill Mastery [Acrobatics], Power Attack

POWERS
Time Sensitive Senses 2 (Mental: Time Sense, Temporal Awareness) [ 2 PP ]

Stop Time Array [ 18 PP Total ]
Time Stop Travel Teleport 4 (500’, 200 lbs.; E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to places you can physically reach]) [ 14 PP ]
Time Stop Marathon Teleport 5 (30 Miles; E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Extended, Subtle [2]; F: Limited to Extended, Limited [to places you can physically reach]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Dodge Deflect 12 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Manipulation Teleport 2 (120', 200 lbs.; E: Area [60' Burst], Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Ranged [Perception], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to things you can physically move]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Multitasking Quickness 12 (Eight Hours in Six Seconds; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT [ 10 EP Total ]
Armored Jacket Protection 2 (E: Subtle [1]) [ 3 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Wrist-Mounted Grappling Claw Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging) [ 4 EP ]
AE: Move Object 3 (300 lbs.; E: Tether; E: Limited Direction [Attraction]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Slash with Claw Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Accurate, Feature [counts as unarmed]) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 6
Parry: (10) Base 6
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Toughness: (4/6) ——
Will: (8) Base 5

COMPLICATIONS:
Quirk (Impulsive): Express often enters conflicts without thinking about the consequences.
Motivation (Responsibility): Express recognizes that her powers can do some good and helps out however she can.
Motivation (Driven): Express is determined and tenacious. She never gives up once she sets her mind to something... which can also make her seem stubborn.

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2 Total: 12 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 4 Total: 14 (Claw)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 4/6 Total: 14/16
Parry: 10 Tough: 4/6 Total: 14/16
Deflect: 12 Tough: 4 Total: 16
Fort: 6 Will: 8 Total: 14

ABILITIES [ 52 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 16 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 11 pp ] +
POWERS [ 20 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 21 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

Date of Birth: Age 17
Height: 4'8" (1.42 m)
Weight: 95 lbs. (43.0 kg)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Human Mutant
Identity: Secret
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: Family Status Unknown
Legal Status: Naturalized Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Two years ago, Phan Thi Trinh was travelling in the United States, being scouted by various gymnastics training programs. When she and her uncle, Huy, were crossing a busy Boston street, a drunk driver in a box truck ran the light. Although she had been standing inches from her uncle, holding his hand in fact, she was suddenly standing on the curb. Totally unscathed. Police detectives were baffled.

Trinh entered a state of shock. She could only dwell on the fact that when the truck started racing across the street, she had somehow stopped it in its tracks and was able to get herself out of the path. In actuality, she had reflexively stopped time for everyone but herself, freezing the outside world in place. Unfortunately, her reflexes hadn't protected her uncle, leading to his death.

The police placed the traumatized girl in a hospital for forty-eight hour observation, during which she mostly slept and cried. When she was released, she was told that the police were looking further into things, but they did not have any reason to think this was anything but an unfortunate accident. However, the detective overseeing her case suspected that perhaps Trinh had been more than simply lucky. She contacted Dr. Ashley Ellis, who confirmed that the girl was indeed a metahuman — potentially a very powerful one. Dr. Ellis contacted Duncan Summers, who offered Trinh a chance to train in the use of her abilities at the Claremont Academy.

Trinh has been at Claremont for two years now, living in a small apartment near the school grounds, attending classes, and eagerly throwing herself into the school's superhero training program. Trinh has gained a lot more confidence in her abilities and learned to supplement her already impressive gymnastics skills with mixed martial arts.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 pm Image
If i get picked,Ernie may develope a crush....... :lol:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

You know, you could have just edited your extant post. :)

Side note, the two people (I think, at last count) with Insubstantial 4 need to think about the reasonably common effect or descriptor that affects them. And the other people should consider descriptors for their powers.