Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Skullbuster (Cylla)

Post by Jabroniville »

SKULLBUSTER II (Cylla Markham)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #260 (April 1990)
Role: Cyborg
Group Affiliations: The Reavers
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+9)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 6 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Guns & Stuff), Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Cyborg"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Protection 1 [1]

"Wrist-Claws" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Wrist Claws +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Guns & Stuff +10 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (X-Men)- The Reavers hate the X-Men, all mutants, and Wolverine in particular.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 8 (108)

-Cylla was a pilot who was initially helping the X-Men, but was fatally-wounded in an airplane crash, and agreed to join Pierce's group if he saved her life. She was the sole survivor of the group alongside Lady Deathstrike once, but when trying to gain revenge on Wolverine for her condition, Bloodscream betrayed Cylla and sucked the life from her. She had a "Targetting Computer", which I think just brought her into line with the others (as a Pilot, she wouldn't normally be equal to a group of experienced gang members).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolverine! Shingen! Native! Lady Deathstrike!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Ah, Marc Silvestri... The universe’s answer to the question: “What if Rob Liedfeld could draw feet?”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Pretty Boy

Post by Jabroniville »

PRETTY BOY (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #229 (May 1988)
Role: Cyborg
PL 8 (147)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+9)
Deception 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Guns & Stuff), Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Cyborg"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Protection 1 [1]

"Extending Limbs" Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Limbs) [2]
"Brainwashing Filaments" Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed Personality) (Reach 2) (Extras: Cumulative, Progressive +2) (Flaws: Distracting) [20]

"Capture Coils" Snare 6 (18) -- [20]
  • AE: "Electroshocks" Damage 7 (7)
  • AE: "Sees Through Computer Networks & Phone Lines" Remote Sensing 15 (Visual) (Flaws: Medium- Computers) (15)
Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (X-Men)- The Reavers hate the X-Men, all mutants, and Wolverine in particular.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 47 / Defenses: 8 (147)

-Pretty Boy is a narcissist who played with an innocent woman's mind to create a financial advisor to the group; the woman later became Tyger Tiger, ruler of Madripoor. He shares a fate with Bonebreaker- dead for decades, then all of a sudden turned up alive. He tried to brainwash Sage to joining him, but she turned it back on him and turned Pretty Boy GOOD, then had him arrested. Pretty Boy can also "see" through computer links & phone lines, producing an odd Remote Sensing power, ensnare others with coils from his chest, and shock people.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:48 am Ah, Marc Silvestri... The universe’s answer to the question: “What if Rob Liedfeld could draw feet?”
I think Skullbuster there is by Adam or Andy Kubert (looks like stuff from Wolverine), but yeah, overall the Reavers are VERY Proto-Image-Era in style. Silvestri, who co-created the squad, was one of the first of that lot to hit big, doing a lot of "cyborgs covered in messy wires"- as his Wetworks book showed, he REALLY enjoyed drawing metal/robotic people.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'm pretty sure the Reavers once fought the Punisher and actually kicked Frank's ass pretty well in their first encounter, leading to him prepping and getting body armor and the like
Jabroniville

Bonebreaker

Post by Jabroniville »

BONEBREAKER (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #229 (May 1988)
Role: Cyborg, Tank-Centaur
PL 8 (134)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+9)
Deception 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Cyborg"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Protection 1 [1]

"Tank Treads" Speed +4 (120 mph) [4]
Features 1: Can Be Removed From the Tank Treads [1]

"Anti-Aircraft Guns" Blast 10 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (Inaccurate -2) (24) -- [26]
  • AE: "Machine Guns" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
  • AE: "Missile Launcher" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
Offense:
Machine Guns +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Missile Launcher +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Anti-Aircraft Guns +6 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 8 (134)

-Bonebreaker was the leader of the initial Reavers gang, ceding it to Donald Pierce. He's responsible for Wolvie supporting cast member Elsie-Dee gaining a huge amount of intelligence because he screwed up (she was suppose to have the intelligence of a five-year-old; he instead gave her the maximum possible), and was killed by Fitzroy's Sentinels, then reappeared in modern times. He is hacked apart by Wolverine and stabbed through the neck after killing some of Old Man Logan's friends.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Bonebreaker is definitely the most visually interesting of the group. This is why he’s probably the most famous and popular (and I use those terms in a relative sense) of the team. He stands out in a crowd, artists like to put him in the foreground of fight scenes, and so forth.

(He’s also clearly a long-lost RIFTS O.C.C.)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 pm Bonebreaker is definitely the most visually interesting of the group. This is why he’s probably the most famous and popular (and I use those terms in a relative sense) of the team. He stands out in a crowd, artists like to put him in the foreground of fight scenes, and so forth.

He's also a Video Game Boss:

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 pm Bonebreaker is definitely the most visually interesting of the group. This is why he’s probably the most famous and popular (and I use those terms in a relative sense) of the team. He stands out in a crowd, artists like to put him in the foreground of fight scenes, and so forth.

Ok,i'll bite: What RIFTS O.C.C's would you put the Reavers then?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Headhunters everyone of them with a few borg occs thrown in
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Headhunters and Combat ‘Borgs, and the thousand and one variants of those two that show up in the other books. Although, as far as I know, the only way to get the tank treads for legs of Bonebreaker is from the Heroes Unlimited Robot Hero O.C.C... But, I cannot claim to have read all 9,967 Palladium rulebooks.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 pm Headhunters and Combat ‘Borgs, and the thousand and one variants of those two that show up in the other books. Although, as far as I know, the only way to get the tank treads for legs of Bonebreaker is from the Heroes Unlimited Robot Hero O.C.C... But, I cannot claim to have read all 9,967 Palladium rulebooks.
pretty much that yeah but a borg could have those if they were full conversion mind you.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So to continue down the Rabbit hole,give Wolverine and his allies Palladium O.C.C.'s....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 pm So to continue down the Rabbit hole,give Wolverine and his allies Palladium O.C.C.'s....
Would it be cheating to just say Heroes Unlimited Mutant O.C.C.? :D

Wolverine is probably best represented by the Commando Mercenary O.C.C. from Ninjas & Superspies, use the "random chance" roll to Heroes Unlimited Super Powers from the Rifts Conversion Book. "Randomly" determine that he gets five Minor Powers, then "randomly" roll for: Claws, Healing Factor, Heightened Sense of Smell, Indestructible Bones, and Longevity. Then pile on the XP.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nothing random about him hes a HU mutant with stocky and extra hair mutations, claws enhanced smell and healing factor minor powers with enhanced PP Strength and endurance as well. add ina few tricks from some of the Powers books and the commando or soldier of fortune form Ninjas and Super spies., with the add on of the expertimental hero which has a skeletal enhancement which you up grade to the unbreakable skeleton which is a minor power.

had a friend who ran Wolverine through a couple of Palladium HU adventures for the fun of it :)

Catsi stories