Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Native! Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Hunter in Darkness!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 pm As an artist, I can tell you that drawing guns can suck my ass- it's a totally miserable experience, made worse that the slightest error will make it look "off", even to a layman, and that you'll never do it well enough to please gun enthusiast weirdos :P.
On behalf of the Gun Enthusiast Weirdo community, we just ask that you make it look good enough that it doesn’t hurt when we bite our tongue. Tyger Tyger’s tommy gun is close enough that most of us wouldn’t complain, not with the likes of Rob Liedfeld and Todd MacFarlane still drawing breath.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Davies

Re: Omega Red

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 pm (despite an appearance in the X-Men Fighting Game... though that could just be the Japanese game designers demanding someone with tentacles being put in :))
Or just as plausibly them being fans of Jim Lee, who apparently has a lot of fans in Japan. (Nobuhiro Watsuki, the author of Rurouni Kenshin, among them.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Hunter in Darkness! Omega Red!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Omega Red was the reason i got into the X-Men Blue Team.His first apperance took place right after the Acolyte apperance & storyline(the one that launched the X-Book into low orbit).The fact that his aura alone killed Colossus' ENTIRE VILLAGE befor you even saw him made his apperance that much more awesome(like in the movie Jaws where you don't see the monster for half of it,just the aftermath)...:D
Jabroniville

The Omega Clan

Post by Jabroniville »

THE OMEGA CLAN:
Created By: Rick Remender & Mike McKone
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Force #25 (July 2012)

-With Omega Red deceased, the "White Sky" organization was hired to create three clones of Arkady, and had false memories implanted that made them despise the members of the modern X-Force. Deadpool, Nightcrawler and Wolverine were attacked, but Wade managed to send his own White Sky creation- Alpha Achromic- against them. The trio reappeared as members of Daken's Brotherhood. They attempted to push Evan Sabahnur into becoming the new Apocalypse, but he rejected them, apparently killing Omega Red II. Omega White attacked, but Psylocke forced him to absorb the Shadow King's mind, then mind-wiped White, leaving both of them comatose. 

-Omega Red II later reappeared fighting Deadpool and acting as a mercenary for Roxxon Oil, but formed an alliance with Wade, realizing that he needed to make his own path in life. Omega Black eventually reappeared, stating that she'd become a vessel for the Shadow King.

Omega Black: A female named Sylvia, she had five Carbonadium tendrils in her chest, and could infect people with real-world diseases like cancer (!!).
Omega White: He could create Energy Tendrils that drained foes of psychic energy, as well as render himself intangible.
Omega Red II: The closest in appearance and nature to the original.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Hunter in Darkness! Omega Red!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Aaaand three to five years from now, the original Omega Red will be back, with no explanation given (or wanted), and absolutely everyone will forget this trio of also-rans ever existed.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Bloodscream & Roughouse

Post by Jabroniville »

BLOODSCREAM & ROUGHOUSE:
-These two guys have been bugging me for ages. Not for any rational reasons, mind you- it's just that I last posted them more than five and half years ago. And in that time, my write-up style has changed, we've transfered sites (TWICE!), and I've tried to make archives pointing out where all the builds are. And I statted both the "B" names and the "R" names for Marvel, but was stuck on both of these guys, because I just HAD TO WAIT until I got to the "Wolverine Builds" so I could post them with the rest of Logan's cast of characters. Unfortunately, that list kept getting shuffled back, as I keep going "I really need to make Wolverine one of the next sets" but get distracted by something, putting more and more things in front of it. So these two just kept sitting there... empty slots in my Archives, annoying me. All this time.

-And now, FINALLY, I can re-post them. Even though they're one-note minor nobodies.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:04 am Aaaand three to five years from now, the original Omega Red will be back, with no explanation given (or wanted), and absolutely everyone will forget this trio of also-rans ever existed.
Lol, apparently Arkady's last rez was a couple years ago and he's still kicking.
Jabroniville

Bloodscream

Post by Jabroniville »

BLOODSCREAM (Zachariah Ravenscroft)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & John Buscema
First Appearance: Wolverine #4 (Feb. 1989)
Role: Classic '90s Vampire Villain
PL 10 (192)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+12)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Naval Officer/Pirate) 4 (+6)
Expertise (History) 8 (+10)
Intimidation 8 (+10)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Senses (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Monstrous Form" Morph 1 [5]

"Lifeforce Drain" Weaken Stamina 11 (Flaws: Grab-Based) (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Affliction 11 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Grab-Based) (Inaccurate -1) [15]
Features 1: Places Red Hand-Print on Surivors if Lifeforce Drain [1]

"Cannot Be Slain By Weapons Forged By Man"
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) (Flaws: Limited to From Weapons Forged By Man) [6]
Immortality 17 (30 seconds) (Flaws: Limited to Against Weapons Forged By Man) [17]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Lifeforce Drain +9 (+11 Affliction & Weaken, DC 21)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +12, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (The Blood of a Man Who Doesn't Age)- The only thing that can cure Bloodscream's condition is a potion made from the blood of a man who doesn't age. Coincidentally, Bloodscream eventually encountered Wolverine in separate incidences decades apart, and noticed Logan didn't age in that span.

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 11 (192)

-The ultra-gritty Bloodscream is nearly always seen paired off with Roughouse, and both guys are minor Wolverine villains. Born in London in the 16th Century, he was trained as a doctor, but was badly-injured in North America, where a shaman saved his life... by letting him die and then resurrecting him as a vampire-like being, immune to the touch of weapons forged by man. Bloodscream learned how to make a potion that would cure his condition- it required the blood of a man who doesn't age. Furious, Bloodscream murdered the shaman and goes on to fight in every war he can find, as he was told that a war was where he could find an immortal.

-As a general butthole, he joined the Nazis during WWII, and encountered Logan during the Battle of Normandy, while Logan was stationed with the Canadian Forces. Bloodscream loses the fight, but recovers, and is only TOO happy to rediscover Logan in Madripoor in modern times, realizing that the mutant hero doesn't age. With his partner Roughouse, he targets Wolverine (as "Patch") repeatedly. He later allies with Cylla of the Reavers, but both nearly starve to death in the Canadian wilderness- realizing he's no match for Logan in this state, he murders Cylla and feeds off of her, removing her from comics for years. Unfortunately, Logan just so happens to be wielding the Sword of Clan Yashida, which was conveniently forged by Demon Blacksmiths from a fallen meteorite- a double-whammy that strikes Bloodscream down.

-He would recover, popping up with Roughouse in the Spider-Man Identity Crisis story (under one of his four secret identities), fighting Wolverine a few more times, and even Iron Man, who beat him using a blade made by a robot. The duo later appeared working for HYDRA, but are defeated by Scott "Ant-Man" Lang.

-I remember him mainly for his monstrous form, which was basically the same but scarier-looking, and he got more frenzied (I'd say that's more using All-Out or Power Attack more often, really). But I find vampires so stupid, and his monster form so exaggerated, that I've always hated the character.

-Bloodscream is a quite fearsome PL 10 guy, with a REALLY dangerous Lifeforce Drain power that can even control minds. That whole "Can't be slain by weapons forged by man" thing is either an Immunity or an Immortality effect (basically regenerating from fatal damage)- I think both can be HURT by stuff like Wolverine's claws, but they can't be permanently brought down by them. An Immunity would cost only slightly more (either a flat 20 points- "Immune to Man-Forged Weapons" or a full Immunity to Damage 80 with a -2 Flaw for the same so it wouldn't cover fire, most super-powers, inborne claws, etc.), so I think the 17 points here is fair.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 amSrsly?
Heh- pretty much my reaction. It's especially dumb because Arkady had JUST died, so it reeks of not only Copycatting, but mimicking something that was gonna be undone ultra-quickly. And then Omega Red II was trotted out there in a couple books to continue there being a distinctive "Omega Red"... and then the original one returned quickly.

If these guys were one-and-done guys who died immediately, it would have been fine. But instead, they're just kind of needless add-ons.

A LOT of Remender's shit is just "Needless Add-Ons", truly. He's created The Apocalypse Twins, Cap's Mary Sue Son From The Future (aka Nomad XXXVI, or whatever number they're up to now) who writers later immediately dropped, that Celestial-Killing Asgardian Weapon (SHOULDA USED THAT INSTEAD OF THE DESTROYER ARMOR, HUH?), and more.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 pm As an artist, I can tell you that drawing guns can suck my ass- it's a totally miserable experience, made worse that the slightest error will make it look "off", even to a layman, and that you'll never do it well enough to please gun enthusiast weirdos :P.
On behalf of the Gun Enthusiast Weirdo community, we just ask that you make it look good enough that it doesn’t hurt when we bite our tongue. Tyger Tyger’s tommy gun is close enough that most of us wouldn’t complain, not with the likes of Rob Liedfeld and Todd MacFarlane still drawing breath.
I will continue to draw my guns looking like a Trek starship 69-ing a 1950s Hairdryer, thank you very much.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm So behind on your posts Jab. I love the Reavers. They always seemed like jobbers to me. I never understood why the X-men felt the need to go through the Siege to escape their deaths at the hands of the Reavers. But hey it made for some fun stories.
Welcome back! How far back do you have to go? I did a whole month of the Legion of Super-Heroes practically :).

But yeah, it was kind of weird. Honestly, looking about the story (which I've never actually read), it really comes off like Claremont was a bit bored, wanted to shake everything up, and really wanted to "reboot" things without actually rebooting them. The Siege story-arc brought us Asian Psylocke, wrote out Colossus & Havok for a big chunk of time, I think led to Rogue/Magneto, and other things.
BriarThrone

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Omega Red! Bloodscream!)

Post by BriarThrone »

This is a weird experience for me, seeing characters I know well from issues I actually owned.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Omega Red! Bloodscream!)

Post by Jabroniville »

BriarThrone wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:17 am This is a weird experience for me, seeing characters I know well from issues I actually owned.
I generally find a lot of that with '90s comics, given my age. A TON of the terrible Jobber Villains popped up in my X-Books.

It wasn't until adulthood that I started reading those Marvel Team-Ups that featured the Scourge Victims and other losers.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:48 pm Tyger Tyger must account for two-thirds of all double-sided tape sales in Southeast Asia.
She does like wearing slinky little numbers, which is why she always looks great when going down stairs :)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'