Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bloodscream & Roughouse! Sabretooth! Cyber!)

Post by Batgirl III »

-Cyber is Silas Burr...
FFFFUUUUuuuu----

I already knew this Z-List guy existed, had a dumb look, a dumb name, a dumb set of powers, and was, well, dumb. But he had a " Steven Ulysses Perhero" punny name to!? GAH!

Why Peter David!? WHY!?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 am
-Cyber is Silas Burr...
FFFFUUUUuuuu----

I already knew this Z-List guy existed, had a dumb look, a dumb name, a dumb set of powers, and was, well, dumb. But he had a " Steven Ulysses Perhero" punny name to!? GAH!

Why Peter David!? WHY!?
At the time,Pete was coming off a Hulk-induced level high....*Rimshot*
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 am
-Cyber is Silas Burr...
FFFFUUUUuuuu----

Why Peter David!? WHY!?
... I don't get it.

Edit: oh wait. Just got it.
scc

Re: Jab's Builds! (Native! Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Hunter in Darkness!)

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:36 am
scc wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm So behind on your posts Jab. I love the Reavers. They always seemed like jobbers to me. I never understood why the X-men felt the need to go through the Siege to escape their deaths at the hands of the Reavers. But hey it made for some fun stories.
Welcome back! How far back do you have to go? I did a whole month of the Legion of Super-Heroes practically :).

But yeah, it was kind of weird. Honestly, looking about the story (which I've never actually read), it really comes off like Claremont was a bit bored, wanted to shake everything up, and really wanted to "reboot" things without actually rebooting them. The Siege story-arc brought us Asian Psylocke, wrote out Colossus & Havok for a big chunk of time, I think led to Rogue/Magneto, and other things.
Not too far really. You just put out a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. Not sure how you do it. ;)
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Native! Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Hunter in Darkness!)

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:45 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:36 am
scc wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm So behind on your posts Jab. I love the Reavers. They always seemed like jobbers to me. I never understood why the X-men felt the need to go through the Siege to escape their deaths at the hands of the Reavers. But hey it made for some fun stories.
Welcome back! How far back do you have to go? I did a whole month of the Legion of Super-Heroes practically :).

But yeah, it was kind of weird. Honestly, looking about the story (which I've never actually read), it really comes off like Claremont was a bit bored, wanted to shake everything up, and really wanted to "reboot" things without actually rebooting them. The Siege story-arc brought us Asian Psylocke, wrote out Colossus & Havok for a big chunk of time, I think led to Rogue/Magneto, and other things.
Not too far really. You just put out a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. Not sure how you do it. ;)
I... I'M SO LONELY~~!!!

I mean, uh... I just got REALLY good at typing fast, and many of my builds are technically just old ones I fix up a little, allowing me to focus on the background commentaries instead!
Jabroniville

Dr. Cornelius

Post by Jabroniville »

There are a HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN pictures of this guy on ComicVine. Who in the blue hell is such a big Dr. Cornelius fan that they found the time to do THAT?

DR. ABRAHAM CORNELIUS
Created By:
Barry Windsor-Smith
First Appearance: Marvel Comics Presents #73 (March 1991)
Role: Evil Scientist
Group Affiliation: The Weapon X Program

-Dr. Cornelius was introduced in the early '90s as the scientist who perfected Lord Dark Wind's adamantium-bonding process, thus turning Wolverine into what he became. Jim Lee also used him as part of the group that resurrected Omega Red. Cornelius is shot and killed by Maverick in the resulting battle with Matsu'o Tsurayaba's forces. He resurfaces fifteen-ish years later during The Death of Wolverine, now having scads of money and "collecting" anyone with adamantium. He puts a huge price on Wolverine's head, but Logan manages to slash through a vat of liquid adamantium. While it covers him, he manages to slash and kill Cornelius, before succumbing to suffocation from the metal hardening around his body. Yes, DOCTOR CORNELIUS is the man who killed Wolverine. A guy so minor he's not even worth statting.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Prof. Thorton

Post by Jabroniville »

PROFESSOR THORTON (aka Truett Hudson)
Created By:
Barry Windsor-Smith
First Appearance: Marvel Comics Presents #73 (March 1991)
Role: Evil Scientist

-Prof. Thorton was the boss of Dr. Cornelius, having a hand in Wolverine's adamantium-laced skeleton. He is maimed by Logan's escape, and reappears years later, activating the robotic "Shiva" in order to get his revenge. He is later executed by Silver Fox.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Omega Red! Bloodscream & Roughouse! Sabretooth!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:47 pm
[F]or a character who should be REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT (he's the brother of Wolverine, and was part of one of Marvel's bigger stories of the 2000s), he hasn't been used a lot, and a lot is unknown about him.
I actually kind of admire Marvel’s restraint here. Comics far too often takes a character who was very important to one story and only really works in that storyline, but then reuses, recycles, and regurgitates that character until they become useless and retroactively ruin the original story. Consider the rough contemporary to Wolverine: Origin that was Batman: Hush... and how radioactive Hush became after he got overused in the following months/years. See also Evil Raven of Terror of Trigon, Evil Jean in The Dark Phoenix Saga, Red Hulk in anything ever...

Let sleeping Dog lie.
Yeah, I can see your point. Never mind the repetition of some stories (ESPECIALLY "Evil Raven"), but over-using some characters can and will absolutely ruin them. Which I'll point out in one or two of the builds I'm posting tomorrow, as a matter of fact...
Jabroniville

Malcolm Colcord

Post by Jabroniville »

MALCOLM COLCORD
Created By:
Frank Tieri & Sean Chen
First Appearance: Wolverine #166 (Oct. 2001)
Role: The Director of Weapon X
PL 6 (85)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Secret Organizations) 8 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+6)
Insight 2 (+6)
Perception 2 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+4)
Technology 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Head of Weapon X/Neverland), Daze (Deception)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Hatred (Mutants)- Colcord wishes to destroy all mutants.
Enemy (Wolverine)- Wolverine badly scarred Colcord years ago.
Relationship (Aurora)- For a time, Colcord was in love with the mentally-ill Alpha Flight member, but beat her when it was suggested he was a "Mutant Lover". She eventually abandoned him.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (85)

-Malcolm Colcord is the modern Director of the Weapon X program, having been viciously slashed by Wolverine on his escape from their compound decades ago. He became obsessed with mutants afterwards, causing his wife and children to leave this unrecognizable man. He was retconned into being responsible for recruiting Sabretooth, Garrison Kane & Copycat, always intending to eliminate mutants after exploiting them as a resource. He ended up doing a lot of "Capture Wolverine/Deadpool/Whomever, try to brainwash them, then they escape" plots, but ultimately engineered the mutant concentration camp know as Neverland, after forced Madison Jeffries to build it.

-He was briefly convinced to let go of his bitterness by Alpha Flight's Aurora, and the two lived together for a time (ba-whu--??), but he hid Neverland from her, eventually snapping and beating her when Agent Brent Jackson called him a "mutant lover". He was forced to flee Neverland when Jackson took control using some agents of his own. Aurora abandoned Colcord & Jeffries, and Madison was eventually freed by the X-Men while Colcord attempted to rebuild Weapon X. He finally reappears working for Daken, trying to create a "Healing Factor Serum" that will benefit humans, but he ends up viciously burned and scarred by Daken and X-23 after he betrays Logan's son.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

My Hamilton-obsessed son very much appreciated "Silas Burr, Sir."
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:03 pm My Hamilton-obsessed son very much appreciated "Silas Burr, Sir."
Haha, I was hoping someone would catch that :).
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I wonder where do they keep getting enough Adamantium to nearly cover people's whole body. I mean,I assumed the reason in-setting because Ultron only has Adamantium on his external shell but not on internal components as well was due to how hard it is to get much of it. But then there is enough for Logan and Laura's claws and skeleton, Ultron's shell and two Cybers?

By the way, unless Cyber also had some kind of regenerative power, shouldn't the process of bonding Adamantium to skin be lethal? Perhaps not as damaging as bonding it to bone, but presumably it also involved using the metal while molten, before it became indestructible.

I had that comic in which Cyber first appeared. The art style is pretty weird, especially compared to what else I knew of comics at the time.
Davies

Post by Davies »

danelsan wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:26 pm I wonder where do they keep getting enough Adamantium to nearly cover people's whole body. I mean,I assumed the reason in-setting because Ultron only has Adamantium on his external shell but not on internal components as well was due to how hard it is to get much of it. But then there is enough for Logan and Laura's claws and skeleton, Ultron's shell and two Cybers?
Remember that adamantium isn't like vibranium, known to exist in two different locations on Earth and nowhere else. Adamantium is manufactured. Quasar was once sent to protect an entire factory complex devoted to just that production from the Absorbing Man.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

There are two places where vibranium can be found? I know about the Great Mound in Wakanda, what’s the other one?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 pm Remember that adamantium isn't like vibranium, known to exist in two different locations on Earth and nowhere else. Adamantium is manufactured. Quasar was once sent to protect an entire factory complex devoted to just that production from the Absorbing Man.
Huh. I didn't know the components necessary for it were prevalent enough to allow for industrial-level production. Since Ultron often wipes the floor with whole Avenger teams, Iron Man never made an armor out of it because...? Surely he can buy it or set up his own factory. Doom as well.