Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sabretooth! Cyber! Romulus! Daken! X-23!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I really wanted Mister X to work you know? There was potential there but alas
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 pm Do his tattoos change on purpose, like some side effect of his powers, or can Marvel artists just not stick to a model sheet?
There's a reason almost nobody in comics EVER has tattoos.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That’s not just a little change though, that’s a wholly different design. An artist getting the scale pattern wrong on Roulette’s dragon or not quite getting Iron Fist’s Mark of Kunlun the right size... Meh, simple mistake. This is just nuts.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 pm Do his tattoos change on purpose, like some side effect of his powers, or can Marvel artists just not stick to a model sheet?
I didn't think either company still used model sheets.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The funniest picture of Wolverine, ever.

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

*ahem*

danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Hah. Funny that "telepathy to anticipate your moves" thing worked on Wolverine. Waaay back, I think it was during Acts of Vengeance, there was a time in which Psylocke was under the Mandarin's control as "Lady Mandarin". She fights Logan and states that she is using that exact same trick! Except it is not nearly as effective, as Logan manages to easily overcome it because "his thoughts and actions happen as one" or something like that.

EDIT - found the page:

(Also, 1st panel: phrasing, Logan, phrasing)
Jabroniville

Viper

Post by Jabroniville »

VIPER II (Ophelia Sarkissian, aka Madame Hydra)
Created By:
Jim Steranko
First Appearance: Captain America #110 (Feb. 1969)
Role: Bitch Queen, The Big Bad, Recurring Foil of Human-Level Guys (Cap, Wolverine, Fury)
Based on: Vast, world-wide family of poisonous snakes
PL 9 (156)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+9)
Expertise (Terrorist) 11 (+15)
Expertise (History) 2 (+6)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 1 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Technology 3 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+12)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Ruler of HYDRA), Benefit 1 (Cipher), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 7, Fascinate (Deception), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Rifle), Improved Defense, Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Well-Informed

Equipment:
Rifle (Blast 5, Multiattack) (15)
Sword (Damage 3) (3)
Other Equipment as Needed (17)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Rifle +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Nihilism)- Madame Hydra believes that nothing is sacred, and enjoys mayhem for it's own sake. She defines "Chaotic Evil".
Enemy (Captain America, Wolverine, The X-Men)
Relationship (The Silver Samurai)- The two worked together for years, and are usually seen as lovers.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 34 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (156)

Madame Hydra- Would-Be Master Villain:
-Viper is a pretty long-running character in Marvel, but honestly never meant that much to me, as a fan. She's sort of a generic "Dragon Lady" archetype (except not Asian), basically being evil for the sake of evil, and blowing stuff up in the name of HYDRA. She was a major enemy of Captain America, then Nick Fury, then Wolverine (where she forced him to marry her for a while)- generally all the "Human-level" guys with no powers (or small amounts of them) have fought against her at some point. HYDRA is pretty much Marvel's "catch all" organization for "Generic baddies who are easy to beat and get up to general nonsense", as they're evil for the sake of evil, and make Mooks that are as easy to beat as anyone's. Sorta like A.I.M., but with a catchy phrase and a leader with boobs instead of a giant head in a chair.

-She debuted fighting Cap, then faced an assortment of heroes, generally doing "terrorist stuff" like poisoning water supplies. She was believed to be a pawn of Chthon and the mother of Spider-Woman, but these were false memories- what is certain is that she's much older than she looks. Her link to the Serpent Society is pretty short-lived. She founded a group within the group to act as moles, kill Sidewinder and take the leader's chair from him, to use the Society for her own ends. The rest of the team went with her except for a few, but then she was beaten down when Sidewinder went and got Captain America involved. Thus she left the organization and went back to HYDRA, and the Society (with those added members left in the roster) went on without her. She was often seen in the '80s with Perma-Jobber Silver Samurai as a minion in the 1980s, but they had very little credibility.

-Viper appeared a bit in Gruenwald's Captain America, both in the Society thing, and as an ally of the Red Skull, who seemed attracted to her. He even let her torture him for hours, curious to see how far she'd go! But this ended up going nowhere, when he figured out she was just being nihilistic and had no real purpose. Eventually, she blackmailed Wolverine into marrying her, allowing her to secure a criminal empire in Madripoor. Eventually, he got a divorce after nearly-killing her to spare her from possession by Ogun.

Madame Hydra- Really Boring, Actually:
-And of course, things got weird in the past decade or so- she was killed, then revived, got a tentacle-head which then went away, joined H.A.M.M.E.R., used it to rebuilt HYDRA, leads an attack on Avengers Tower (and is beaten by two Angels, since the X-Men were doing a thing), and then is a mere pawn in the Secret Empire story.

-Overall, Madame Hydra herself has never really done anything that interesting. She's not sympathetic, nuanced, deep or even that threatening- she's just an impotent would-be Master Villain with delusions of grandeur. None of her schemes ever feel any bigger than "kill some folks", and any time HYDRA's actually relevant to a big plot, it's usually Baron Strucker or the Red Skull as a part of it. It's too bad- she has a distinctive visual trait (the green hair) that makes her instantly recognizable, so SOMEBODY should have made her a big deal. But instead, she's just a useless "bleh".

-Viper's PL 8.5 offense, PL 8 defense, but her main talents are outside of the battlefield; as leader of HYDRA, she has access to a horrendous amount of Mooks, material, equipment and hardware, meaning she's usually the Behind the Scenes Big Bad of any scenario. Her Skills reflect that, taking up a lot of points. She can defend herself against most threats that come her way fairly effectively, but against elites like Fury, Cap and Logan, she's best served by running to live and fight another day- in a fair fight, any of them could take her. Also be warned, because her favoured goon is Kenichiro Harada, the Silver Samurai, and in between jobbing to Wolverine, his "Sword that can cut through anything, but apparently never actually does" can dish out some major damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

To me Viper is the perfect "Street-level" Villian for Solo Vigilante's/Small Teams of heroes.She has a HUGE organisation to call on(filled with several decent Street-level sub-villians),seems to not care if she causes collateral damage(forcing the more powerful Hero's to play "save the falling civilian"), and can play the "Femme Fatale" to any decent looking(PRE 3 or higher people,she has rather high standards here) guy or girl(!) that catches her eye....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And that does it for the Wolverine builds! Glad they drew some attention and did away with so much of my backlog :)

Next up: Fighter's History, followed by Godzilla/Toho!

After that, I might do the Black Order finally. Plus re-do the Starjammers.

I've got such bad Build ADD right now, though! I keep statting up random guys from random games! so here's another survey to test which ones people wanna see next:

1) Mortal Kombat
2) Samurai Shodown
3) Killer Instinct
4) Way of the Warrior
5) Brutal: Paws of Fury
6) Ballz
7) Kasumi Ninja

Yes, really.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Viper would probably work better as a "Baroness" type character, being an elite "dragon" to Hydra leader Baron Strucker, basically allowing Hydra to appear in a book and lose without damaging Strucker's cred too much. Keep Strucker as a dangerous opponent who you thwart but never capture, but Viper can be beaten and even occasionally captured without overall damaging Hydra's cred.

Her link to the Serpent Society never really fit, because the Serpent Society worked best as elite mercenary villains who treated crime like a professional corporate job with meetings, benefits, etc. Viper is just too much of a "evil for evil's sake" character to fit in with that kind of group.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 am And that does it for the Wolverine builds! Glad they drew some attention and did away with so much of my backlog :)

Next up: Fighter's History, followed by Godzilla/Toho!

After that, I might do the Black Order finally. Plus re-do the Starjammers.

I've got such bad Build ADD right now, though! I keep statting up random guys from random games! so here's another survey to test which ones people wanna see next:

1) Mortal Kombat
2) Samurai Shodown
3) Killer Instinct
4) Way of the Warrior
5) Brutal: Paws of Fury
6) Ballz
7) Kasumi Ninja

Yes, really.
Oddly enough, I'd probably vote for the Killer Instinct guys first, then Mortal Kombat, then Samurai Showdown, then . . . I really don't know anything about those other games.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Arkrite

Re: Viper

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:31 am Image
This is definitely my "I know she's pure evil and I'd hate her in person but- my god... so hot..."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Arkrite wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:31 am Image
This is definitely my "I know they are pure evil and I'd hate them in person but- my god... so hot..."
Fixed that for you, Arkrite.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

All i can say to this is.........DDDDDDUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRHHHHHHUUUUURRRRRRRR!