Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pacific Rim! The Space Giants! The Starjammers!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 am
Though it really seems like that issue was more of a one-off that meant little for future stories- just a random thing dealing with the Red Skull and his parents' name and legacy. Everyone knew that May and Ben were his "real" parents anyway.
That was the thing about Peter's Bio-Parents(hey,it's more polite than 'Sperm&Egg Donor',so shaddup!),Stan purposely kept it Vague for years what they did,leaving only the hint that they "tended to Travel a lot" and couldn't take him with them due to Pete's young Age.The fact that one of Stan's last writing bits was that story was a nice touch on Marvel's part...

Also,(Spoken in Pirate Voice)how dare ye not give fair Hepzibah Attractive!Why,i've half a mind to have you cleaning Barnacles off the Starboard.... :x
You were too busy making terrible Pirate Jokes to check properly, ya goof :P.
Them By your leave,i be asking yer pardon fer thinking ill of ye,good sir! :oops:
(i've been reading The Pirate Primer between other books lately)
Jabroniville

Ch'od

Post by Jabroniville »

"HUH-HUH- Hey, Beavis! This guy's name is--

CH'OD
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #107 (Oct. 1977)
Role: Team Strongman
Group Affiliations: The Starjammers
PL 10 (138)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 5 (+6)
Expertise (Space Pirate) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 5 (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Equipment 4, Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Hold, Minions 2 (Cr'Ree, Small Furry Pet), Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Saurid Physiology"
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Heat) [2]
Swimming 4 (8 mph) [4]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic & Swamp-Based) [2]

Equipment:
"Blaster" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Blaster +9 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (The Shi'ar Empire)

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 12 (138)

-Heh. He's named after the space between your colon and your wiener. Awesome. Every time I see his name in print now, I think of one kid in my High School, who was OBSESSED with calling people "chodes". Like, he used the term at least once or twice a day as a general insult. This, like most "insult repetition" stuff, ended up giving HIM a nickname involving it, to the point where one of my old Superhero Universes containing all "Joke Supers" involved his character The Chodemaster, who fired a Chode Gun at people, ensnaring them with short, tangly pubes. His character even had curly pubes between his grotesque teeth (it was a pretty ugly caricature).

-I actually liked this dude as a kid, because I had this weird thing where EVERY Team Strongman was my automatic favourite (I guess I was a skinny kid, so I was reacting to that somehow), and he was a pretty cool lizard-looking guy. He's your classic "genial in spite of his monstrous appearance" strongman, but actually did the least of the five main members of his team, never taking the lead in any stories or being the crux around a particular tale. During War of Kings, he lost a hand failing to prevent Lilandra's abduction, and went through some guilt over it. Me, I'm just curious how a race of Class 20/50/whatever super-lizards failed to become more of a player on the cosmic scene.

-Ch'od is super-strong, quite fast for his size, and a good shot, making him a really well-balanced Starjammer. He's got a few tangential super-powers, but he's a really skilled PL 9.5 Powerhouse who can also hit at range.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Heh. He's named after the space between your colon and your wiener. Awesome. Every time I see his name in print now, I think of one kid in my High School, who was OBSESSED with calling people "chodes".
I’ve always heard the perineum region referred to as the “taint,” as it “t’ain’t the a——e and t’ain’t the balls.” T’was my understanding that chode was was very small erect penis...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 pm
Heh. He's named after the space between your colon and your wiener. Awesome. Every time I see his name in print now, I think of one kid in my High School, who was OBSESSED with calling people "chodes".
I’ve always heard the perineum region referred to as the “taint,” as it “t’ain’t the a——e and t’ain’t the balls.” T’was my understanding that chode was was very small erect penis...
According to this: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-prope ... n-of-chode

The original term meant to refer to a penis that was wider than it was long. In the 1980s, it gained a name equivalent to "taint", which is a MUCH newer term to me.

However, I've only EVER heard the expression in the late 1990s, all from this one kid in High School, and he treated it exclusively like the pube trail between the ass and the balls. Given the nature of urban slang, the geographical size of North America, and the fact that kids are stupid (this one in particular DEFINITELY was), I can see how the terminology would change over time.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 am
kirinke wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 am I vaguely remember something called Ice Pirates from way back when. :lol:
<Currently fixing Laser Cutlass that's in no way a rip-off of a Light Sabre>
I....might remember some of that Movie of which you speak. ;)
did someone say Ice Pirates?

heh. love that movie because of course I do.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:19 pm
kirinke wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 am I vaguely remember something called Ice Pirates from way back when. :lol:

It's actually one of my favorite B-Movies,i just can't seem to find it on DVD anywhere......:(
Jabroniville

Sikorsky

Post by Jabroniville »

SIKORSKY
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #107 (Oct. 1977)
Role: Team Medic
Group Affiliations: The Starjammers
PL 5 (83)
STRENGTH
-3 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Insight 6 (+8)
Perception 6 (+8)
Technology 6 (+10)
Treatment 10 (+14)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Chr'Ylite Physiology"
"Natural Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent +0) [17]
(-2 Strength, Speed -1, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)

Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [2]
"Medi-Vision" Senses 4 (Analytical Sight, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [4]

Equipment:
"Blaster" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Shi'ar Empire)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 8 (83)

-Sikorsky is The Starjammers' resident Medic, using medical science so ridiculously advanced that it's basically a Deus Ex Machina, allowing Chris Claremont to write his way out of almost everything- with it, Professor Xavier gets a new, Non-Brood body (he'd been afflicted with a Queen's Egg) that also allows him to WALK AGAIN. Sikorsky himself is a little bug named by Corsair for his resemblance to a small helicopter (this continues Claremont sticking his Aircraft Fetish into his work, alongside Lockheed, the Blackbird, and others), and doesn't engage in many actual missions, for obvious reasons- he's a BUG.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:19 pm

It's actually one of my favorite B-Movies,i just can't seem to find it on DVD anywhere......:(

i had a friend of mine burned it to DVD for me ten years or so ago because I couldn't find it anywhere either
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

For your viewing pleasure:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... ce+pirates

You can find anything on Amazon.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Jabroniville

Korvus

Post by Jabroniville »

Jesus Christ- and this is BRUBAKER.

KORVUS (Korvus Rook'shir)
Created By:
Ed Brubaker & Billy Tan
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #478 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Cloud Rip-Off, Bad-Ass Sword Guy
Group Affiliations: The Starjammers, The Shi’ar Empire
PL 10 (159)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 6 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Energy Blasts) 2 (+10)
Technology 10 (+12)
Vehicles 5 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (Body Armour +1), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Phoenix Blade), Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"The Phoenix Blade" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only Rook'shir Descendants, Unbreakable) [30]
Cosmic Blast 10 (Feats: Penetrating 8) (28) -- (29)
  • AE: “Sword Slash” Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Penetrating 10) (17)
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
-- (43 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blade +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Cosmic Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Loves Rachel Grey)
Reputation (Descendant of Rook'shir, a Shi'Ar Phoenix)

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 17 (159)

-Korvus was introduced as the descendant of a Shi'ar wielder of the Phoenix Force, a guy whom the Imperial Guard was formed to defeat. Rather than the generic Telepath/Telekinetic set we usually get, he's got a big-ass Sword of Might. Not an... awful idea I guess, but he REEEAALLLY comes across as dated and '90s (despite being a mere baby of a character at a couple years old in our time), and a GIGANTIC rip-off of Cloud from Final Fantasy VII (same colour scheme, same armor, same sword... I mean, c'mon Brubaker, that game is like twelve years old or something). And it's kinda funny to read War of Kings, heavily featuring the Starjammers, and watch him do absolutely nothing (despite his “New Character Stink” debut featuring him kicking all the X-Men’s asses at once). Kind of a loser character. And I have to reiterate- the most damning thing about the X-Men's entire franchise is that writers as good as ED BRUBAKER AND MATT FRACTION could not help but write utter crap while working on them. What is UP with that?!?

-In any case, Korvus is descended from a Shi'ar who once wielded the power of the Phoenix- something that terrifies his race. A giant blade called "The Blade of the Phoenix" was used to devastate the Shi'ar Empire until the Imperial Guard was formed to stop him. But a fraction of his power remained within the blade, which could only be lifted by one of his descendants- the Shi'ar then went on to try and wipe out the entire Rook'shir line. The entire line was killed, save Korvus, who was kept as a slave and prisoner. He was finally freed with the promise that he would hunt down another Phoenix-wielder, Rachel Summers, who had arrived alongside the X-Men in order to fight the new emperor, Vulcan. Easily Mary-Sueing his way through the X-Men, he attempted to kill Rachel, but when she touched the Blade, their minds and souls were linked- the resulting connection formed a close bond, and he allied with the X-Men against his Shi'ar masters.

-Korvus & Rachel quickly formed a relationship, but she soon left him, feeling that their connection was artificial and brought on by the Phoenix and this mind-link, not real- Korvus, of course, was beginning to fall in love with her. He and many of the X-Men formed a new Starjammers and went on to be freedom fighters in the Shi'ar Empire, appearing briefly in some of the War of Kings stuff as side-characters. Korvus ends up on Earth, in the X-Men's "Utopia", but grows dissatisfied quickly and runs off with a Shi'ar ship in need of a captain. But he quickly ends up on the Starjammers again, where he sits to this day, last appearing in the short-lived Cyclops book featuring a Teen Cyke on his father's team.

-Korvus is a big-time Sword Guy, being a little more powerful than he is accurate, but no slouch at either. Pretty simple all around, he's better off in Melee, but can still blast away at stuff in a pinch. The rest of him is just a really in-shape Shi'ar guy (I don't buy that they're THAT strong, but Korvus is especially big) who's good with machinery.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Hey, nobody's perfect, not even Brubaker. Corvus suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I can't believe he got the run he did.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: Hepzibah

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 am Image

This is the SAME CHARACTER. Further proof that no comic book company, anywhere, can ever seem to maintain consistency on an animal-person's appearance.

HEPZIBAH
Grrrr, baby, very grrrrr! 8-)

I love how comic artists just can't help making cat-themed women characters total sexpots. Her early designs were "eh" but we should have known she'd end up getting the "bad kitty" treatment.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There was one cool bit with Raza that showed just what it would take to contain him. When he was captured by Vulcan, Raza kept canibalizing his cybernetics in innovative ways. Even though he had no built in weaponry and the limbs only replicated his natural strength, he basically used non-essential systems, plating and the like to make lock picks and weapons to escape with. He almost escaped multiple times before they finally just had to remove all of his cybernetics just to be on the safe side.

Though it was even funnier with Ch'od. They kept trying to torture him, and his reactions to their torture would unnerve the torturers. Like, they would use a laser welding torch to write the Shi'ar equivalent of "freak" on his chest. Ch'od would look down at it and criticise them for their lack of linguistic imagination. And say that their penmanship was both sloppy and lacked conviction.

Some folks thought that was trying too hard, I figured it for "juuuust" right.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Okay... So we’ve got a nigh-omnipotent quasi-daemonic intergalactic force of evil that possesses hosts bestowing on them incalculable power including but not limited to the ability eat suns and fly.

And the sworn enemy of said quasi-daemonic intergalactic force of evil is... a dude with a sword.

I mean, it’s a big sword. But, like, Phoenix can fly. Korvus can’t win a fight with the Rocketeer let alone Phoenix.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Daimajin

Post by Jabroniville »

DAIMAJIN
First Appearance:
"Daimajin" (1966)
Role: Summoned Monster
Size: 25 meters (82 feet)
PL 13 (121)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+8, +15 Size)

Advantages: 
Startle

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 15 (Str & Toughness +15, +15 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -15 Stealth) -- (105 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [31]
Impervious Toughness 27 [27]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Saves) [30]

"Animal Senses" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (39) -- [41]
  • AE: "Fireball Form" Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
  • AE: "Parts the Lake" Move Object 10 (20)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Area Attacks +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +15 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Vengeance & Protection)- Daimajin is helpless without being summoned, usually to commit violence upon fools.

Total: Abilities: -42 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 130 / Defenses: 24 (121)

-Daimajin ("Giant Devil") is a giant statue that appears in a trilogy of Daimajin films, set in feudal Japan. He was trapped many years ago in a stone statue, but could be summoned by those who needed his help. He awakens to fight an evil ruler who staged a coup over a beloved leader, but only after the ruler's men tried to demolish the statue- a priesess's tears cause his spirit to abandon the statue. In Return of Daimajin, he resides on an island in a lake, and awakens to destroy a warlord. In the third movie, he defends some common people from former noblemen- a political shift from the "defends good, noble folk" trend of the first two. Apparently he got a TV show in 2010 as well.

-Daimajin's only opponents consist of regular people, all of whom he defeats easily, so a high power level is unnecessary. He's really just like Maguma, Kamoebas, and other PL 13 giants of his size.