Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
kirinke

Re: Jab's Builds! (Terror! THUNDRA!!!! Polearms & Blades! Katanas!)

Post by kirinke »

Doom is Marvel. ;)
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

kirinke wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:33 am Doom is Marvel. ;)
Exactly! Doctor Doom is so frightened of the power of the mighty batarang that he hides in a wholly different company's IP.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

:lol: Darkseid might be more appropriate.

Battle Init
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

You're kinda undercutting the joke, man.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Hook Sword

Post by Jabroniville »

HOOK SWORD (4 ep)
Place/Time of Origin:
Northern China, varying timeframes (Song, Qing or Warring States eras)
Type of Damage: Piercing, Slashing
Typical Make: Hard steel with a metal handle; flat, two-edged blade
Manner of Use: Wielded with one hand to stab vital organs or slice arteries
Variants on Design: Varying lengths, widths & hilt designs.
Famous Wielders: Jet (Avatar: The Last Airbender), that fight in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Kabal (Mortal Kombat)

Stats: Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Disarm, Improved Trip) -- (4 Equipment Points)
Maximum Damage: 6

Positives & Negatives:
+ Exotic & weird. This marks you as a unique type of person, and you stand out from all those other generic "Sword" guys out there.

- Probably pretty easy to get tangled in something, and relatively complex for a weapon. Probably quite fragile.

-The Hook Sword (Fu Tao or Shuang Gou) is an exotic Chinese weapon from the Northern-style martial arts, but were never given "official listings" of Chinese arms, meaning they were civilian-only weapons (the martial arts often use them for their "weapon routines"). All evidence suggests they were VERY rarely-used, and I can imagine why- a weapon that could easily accidentally hook onto something isn't exactly the most useful thing in the world. They were apparently often used in pairs, allowing to trip & slash with different swords. Some styles utilize paired blades as a big double-weapon by hooking one to the other and swinging it for a six-foot blade.
Jabroniville

Cool, But Rude

Post by Jabroniville »

SAI (Pair) (3 ep)
Place/Time of Origin:
Okinawa
Type of Damage: Bludgeoning (converted in Pop Culture to Piercing)
Typical Make: Hard steel in a three-pronged fork-shape, rounded or sharp ends, with long handles.
Manner of Use: Wielded two-handed as disarming and thrusting weapons, held around the centre to strike with the knuckle.
Variants on Design: Sharp or Rounded ends.
Famous Wielders: Elektra Natchios, Raphael of the Ninja Turtles, Gabrielle in Xena's later seasons, Mileena (Mortal Kombat)

Stats: Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Disarm, Split) -- (3 points)
Maximum Damage: 5

Positives & Negatives:
+ Resembles a farmer's tool on Okinawa, and thus bypasses the "no weapons" laws imposed upon the peasantry.

- Pretty low range, much like a knife.

-A cool-looking defensive weapon, the Sais ("sai" is technically both singular and plural, but it's confusing that way) were modified by Japanophile extraordinare Frank Miller into stabbing implements of death in his "Daredevil" run (Elektra used HUGE sai as weapons), and pop culture took note. Thus, you've got an array of people using this once blunt-ended weapon as basically a pair of knives. But hey, Rule of Cool insists that it works. Basically Knives with Split & Improved Disarm attached to them, it's a great defender's weapon. I would consider most weapons that have Disarm attached to them to give a total +4 bonus to a guy attempting the maneuver, should he already have Improved Disarm as a regular Advantage.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I changed the name of the "Broadswords" Section to a more accurate one :).
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! ( Terminus! Terror! THUNDRA!!!! Polearms & Blades!)

Post by Ken »

Shock wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:02 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:50 am I say you employ some of Steve Jackson's Hobbit-inspired camera trickery and make the 5'10" Lucy Lawless into the 7'0" Big Barda. Then have her throw down with Gal Gadot.

Female Furies versus the Amazons. You know you want to see it.
Already have. Kinda.
1) Where was Barda's Megarod?

2) I know they were aping Michael Turner's style, but Diana and Barda should have been less super model-y and a tad broader.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The thing about sai is that the offensive part of the weapon is actually nastier as a "blunt" weapon.

The "tip" would be straight cut perpendicular to the weapons main line. This meant there ware still edges. But also the "blade" was an octagonal shape going "around" Which meant the force of the thrust would be through the edge of this tiny stop-sign shape, and would tear really nasty wounds that would take forever to heal and would be difficult to even sew up.

I don't know if that would be better or worse than a true blade (making them long knives or very short swords) but were at least more unique.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Brass Knuckles

Post by Jabroniville »

BRASS KNUCKLES (1 ep)
Place/Time of Origin:
Unknown, seen in early-1900s France
Type of Damage: Bludgeoning
Typical Make: Solid steel structure, occasionally with designs or spikes arranged in knuckle-like shape
Manner of Use: Worn over knuckles
Variants on Design: Spikes or designs on knuckles (gives Piercing Damage as well), Slapjacks are a different concept, but hurt the same.
Famous Wielders: Ulik the Troll

Stats: Strength-Damage +1 -- (1 Equipment Point)
Maximum Damage: 5

Positives & Negatives:
+ Easily-hidden. Short of the pocket knife, nothing is easier to slide into a pocket or drop somewhere. It's often not entirely clear someone even has one on until he strikes you.
+ Protects fingers- in real life, punching someone can actually hurt your hand quite a bit- these prevent that, and let people go full-out with their punches more. Little effect in an RPG, though.

- Low damage bonuses- most people of above-average strength won't get much bonus out of them.

-Brass Knuckles, or "Knux", are a common gang weapon in fiction, though not often seen in the modern world of concealed knives & guns. Handy for an extra tiny bit of "punch", but so weak as to be not useable by a serious super-human. The only guys using them are likely the gang members too weak to be given the singular gun or chain in the group.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ah,the favored Weapon of Bar-room Brawlers and Boxers(if they think they may need one) everywhere.All Brass Knuckles really are are pieces of Metal wired with Knuckles protection...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:03 am You're kinda undercutting the joke, man.
Awww, ruin my fun will ya! :lol:

Battle Init
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! ( Terminus! Terror! THUNDRA!!!! Polearms & Blades!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:50 am I say you employ some of Steve Jackson's Hobbit-inspired camera trickery and make the 5'10" Lucy Lawless into the 7'0" Big Barda. Then have her throw down with Gal Gadot.

Female Furies versus the Amazons. You know you want to see it.
I was gonna say 'Pete' here but then I got to thinking about a seven foot Lucy Lawless and felt light headed.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, Steve Jackson is the guy if you want a good source-book or parody card game about whatever.

As for Barda, I think of her more as a 6'6"-6'9" Gina Carano . . . . . . . . I'll be in my bunk.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 pm Yeah, Steve Jackson is the guy if you want a good source-book or parody card game about whatever.

As for Barda, I think of her more as a 6'6"-6'9" Gina Carano . . . . . . . . I'll be in my bunk.
I AM TWISTING ALL OF YOU TO MY PERSONAL FETISHESSSSSSSSSSSSSS AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!!