Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Batgirl III »

In the Original TV run of Teen Titans,they had Starfire learn Earth English by Kissing Robin....
That's taken straight from the original comics. All Tamaranian's can learn new languages by physical contact with another sapient being, Koriand'r just prefers (when given the chance) to kissing cute guys instead of just shaking hands. I mean, I can hardly blame her for finding Dick attractive... But, really, that's my man, you orange-skinned homewrecker.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:58 am
In the Original TV run of Teen Titans,they had Starfire learn Earth English by Kissing Robin....
That's taken straight from the original comics. All Tamaranian's can learn new languages by physical contact with another sapient being, Koriand'r just prefers (when given the chance) to kissing cute guys instead of just shaking hands. I mean, I can hardly blame her for finding Dick attractive... But, really, that's my man, you orange-skinned homewrecker.

Depending on your age when you started reading Comics,SHE found him first.... ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I called dibs on him during the Johnson Administration!
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here is the build for my submission. Comments and suggestions are welcome. The background and picture will likely be added tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks.

Phoebe Kruger aka Thermal - PL 10

Abilities:
Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages:
Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Close Attack, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Evasion 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Blistering Touch: Cumulative Affliction 8 4 (+7), Close Combat: Melting Touch: Progressive Weaken 8 4 (+7), Close Combat: Vaporize Water: Transform 8 4 (+7), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Acting 6 (+8), Insight 2 (+3), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Powers:
Combustion: Feature 1 (heat; Affects Objects Only, able to ignite flammable objects)
Detect Heat: Senses 1 (Infravision)
Immunity: Immunity 11 (Common Descriptor: Fire, Environmental Condition: Heat)
Quick Change: Feature 1
Superheated Breath: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Blistering Touch: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cumulative)
AE: Melting Touch: Progressive Weaken 8 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Affects Objects Only, Progressive)
AE: Restricted Heated Breath: Line Area Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Superheated Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
AE: Vaporize Water: Transform 8 (Alternate; heat, Affects: 1 Thing > 1 Thing - water to steam, Transforms: 800 lbs., DC 18; Increased Mass 2)
Thermal Flying: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)

Equipment:
Cell Phone (Smartphone), Restraints, Stun Gun, Undercover Shirt

Offense:
Initiative +3
Blistering Touch: Cumulative Affliction 8, +8 (DC Fort 18)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Melting Touch: Progressive Weaken 8, +8 (DC Fort 18)
Restricted Heated Breath: Line Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Stun Gun, +4 (DC Fort 15)
Superheated Breath: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Superheated Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Throw, +3 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)
Vaporize Water: Transform 8, +8 (DC Dog 18)

Complications:
Fame: Phoebe is a former child actor in a popular kids cable show about a family of superheroes. The show was cancelled 5 years ago after season 6. Even now some fans recognize her on the street and stop her for autographs or selfies.

Motivation: Doing Good-Phoebe felt the need to use her powers for good after playing a superhero on TV for 6 years and having thousands of fans look up to her as a role model. Some fans at the time really believed she had super powers. Now that Phoebe does, she feels that she owes it to those fans to be the hero they believed she was.

Responsibility: Phoebe occasionally gets a job offer or an offer for a tryout for a TV show, commercial, or movie. Phoebe also makes appearances at Comic Cons around the country earning income on autographs and photo ops.

Secret: Her older cousin Elise Shaw, in a fit of jealousy over the attention Phoebe constantly received, ingested an experimental super serum a few years ago she bought on the black market. This caused her body to change dramatically. The serum transformed Elise. She grew several inches, gained massive strength and durability but lost considerable amounts of intelligence, wisdom, agility, and dexterity. Essentially, Elise has turned into dumb muscle, a I pick things up and put them down type. Elise is often hired by low level villains for a quick break in or smash and grab. Her villain name is Lunk, given to her by her 1st villain team-up.

Why might you have to be away:
Phoebe is still moderately active as an actress. She auditions or is offered guest starring roles in TV shows or commercials. She also frequently attends Comic Cons as a guest to sign autographs, have her photo taken, and do meet and greets with fans.

Why might you have to leave:
Phoebe may get offered a long term acting role in a TV series or a movie which would cause her to give up being a hero for some time.

Languages:
English, Spanish

Defense:
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/3, Will 8

Power Points:
Abilities 36 + Powers 53 + Advantages 11 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 150

Background:

Phoebe Kruger is the 3rd child of Paula and Matthew Kruger of Florida. Phoebe has 2 older sisters, Bethany and Allison, and a younger brother Michael. Her life was pretty ordinary until she started doing commercials at the age of 7 for her Uncle Dave’s car dealership. Uncle Dave started receiving compliments about the adorable little girl in his commercials. Within a couple of years, Phoebe started auditioning for statewide commercials. She caught the attention of a talent scout who got Phoebe into national commercials. She eventually did a commercial for a large, well known, Florida based amusement park. From there Phoebe won small roles in cable TV shows for that company, eventually landing her iconic role of Kira Hathaway in the cable show The Hathaways. The show was about a family that all had super powers trying to live a normal life while occasionally having to save the world or, at least the city.

As a suddenly famous teenager, her family bragged about Phoebe every chance they got. This constant bragging angered one of Phoebe’s cousins Elise. Eventually Elise decided to do something to make her even more popular than her younger cousin. Elise searched the internet and found some experimental serum for sale. It was very expensive but Elise was desperate. She scammed the money from Phoebe’s trust fund through Phoebe’s nice but gullible parents. After receiving the mysterious serum, Elise drank it expecting to receive super powers that she could use to become a real hero, not a pretend one like her popular cousin. The serum worked, in a way. Elise grew several inches gaining enhanced strength and durability. The serum had side effects though. It significantly lowered her intellect, common sense, dexterity, and overall agility. She was now extremely strong and durable but slow and dull. Filled with anger towards her cousin, she set out to find a crime to stop. Elise happened upon a bank robbery. She strode in to stop the robbers but the police fired upon her, believing she was working with them. Rage took over and Elise destroyed several police cars and other property, allowing the robbers to get away in the confusion. Elise ran away as well. The police had nothing to stop her with. Since then, Elise has gained the nickname Lunk and has worked for several villain groups. She often participates in smash and grab robberies or as a distraction to any heroes that show up. Phoebe has yet to encounter her cousin.

Phoebe doesn’t know how or when she got these powers. Her character on the cable TV show had some of the same abilities but not all or, not at the same level. All she knows is that she lost her favorite necklace, a large fire opal given to her by her mother, when she received a large electrical shock on the set of the crime drama CSI Orlando. It was several months after that incident that she began to notice the Florida heat didn’t bother her anymore and that she could touch the flame of a candle without getting burned. She kept this information secret from her family. They were well meaning but she knew her parents would brag about their daughter’s new abilities to everyone and her life would get more complicated than it currently was.

Phoebe thought about her growing and expanding abilities for a few weeks. She came to the understanding that using them for good was the only thing she could do. Her fans believed in her when she played Kira Hathaway. Some even believed she really did have those powers. Phoebe would sometimes play along and tell those young fans to keep that a secret as she didn’t want the bad guys to find her in her secret identity. Phoebe couldn’t sew and needed help. She knew some costume designers and wardrobe handlers that might be able to help her. She made a few phone calls and found the costume designer from her old show, Kevin Pellegrino. He was living up north, near Ocala, so Phoebe drove up to visit him.

After swearing Kevin to secrecy, Phoebe explained what she needed and why. After he recovered from the shock, he set to work designing and making a costume for her. It took several tries before Phoebe found one she liked. Now she just needed a hero name. After much debate and internet searches, Kevin and Phoebe agreed that Thermal was a good hero name that fit her abilities.

Not long after, the new heroine Thermal started appearing in the greater Orlando area, thwarting crimes of all types and rescuing trapped people from burning building. She quickly won the adulation of the public and especially the local fire departments. Her image was plastered all over the evening news and soon all over the major cable news networks as well. Talk shows and cable news shows were broadcasting offers for interviews. Unknown to Phoebe, her cousin Elise heard about the attention this new hero was getting and soon saw it on the news herself. Elise swore to find and destroy this new hero calling herself Thermal.
Last edited by CaptainChaos on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Nightjar

Name: Richard Corbett, Jr.
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian
6'0"
200 lbs.
Native Language: English
Occupation: Detective (Bureau of Internal Affairs - Mega City Police Dept.)
Power Level: 8 (150pp)

Abilities (68pp)
STR: 3
STA: 4
AGL:4
DEX: 4
FGT: 8
INT: 5
AWE: 4
PRE: 2

Advantages (26pp)
Assessment
Close Attack 2
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Improved Initiative
Jack-of-All-Trades
Languages 2 (German, French, Spanish, Russian)
Power Attack
Ranged Attack 8
Skill Mastery (Expertise: Psychology)
Skill Mastery (Investigation)
Takedown
Tracking
Uncanny Dodge
Well-Informed

Skills (30pp)
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Expertise: Law Enforcement 4 (+9)
Expertise: Psychology 6 (+11)
Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+9)
Insight 5 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Investigation 8 (+13)
Perception 5 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 3 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+7)
Vehicle (motorcycles) 6 (+10)

Powers (0pp)

Equipment 10 (10pp)
"Pockets"
Restraints (1pt)
Flashlight (1pt)
Multi-tool (1pt)
Rebreather (1pt)
Swingline (1pt)

Motorcycle: Medium; Str 1, Speed 6, Def. 10, Tough. 8 (10pt)

Headquarters "Abandoned Shipping Warehouse": Huge; Tough. 10; Features: Communication, Computer, Concealed, Garage, Gym, Laboratory, Living Space, Power Sys., Security Sys., Workshop (15pts)

"Utility Belt"
Bolos - Ranged Cumulative Affliction 4 (Res. by Dodge, Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized); Extra Condition, Limited Degree (12pt.)
AE: Stun Batons - STR- Based Damage 3; Multiattack 3 (1pt.)
AE: Stun Disks - Ranged Damage 2; Accurate 1, Ricochet 2 (1pt.)
AE: Smoke Grenade - Ranged Cloud Area Concealment (visual) (1pt.)
AE: Sleep Grenade - Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 4 (fatigued, exhausted, asleep) (1pt.)
AE: Explosive Grenade - Ranged Burst Area Damage 4 (1pt.)

Offense:
Initiative: (+8)
Unarmed: (+10) (DC 18)
Close Combat (melee weapon) (+10) (DC varies)
Close Combat (stun batons) (+10) (DC 21)
Ranged Attack (bolos) (+12) (Affliction 4)
Ranged Attack (stun disks) (+14) (DC 17)
Ranged Attack (guns) (+12) (DC varies)

Defense (16pp)
Parry: 8 + 2 = 10
Dodge: 4 + 6 = 10
Fortitude: 4 + 4 = 8
Will: 4 + 4 = 8
Toughness: 6 / 4 (Defensive Roll)

Abilities 68 + Advantages 26 + Skills 30 + Powers 0 + Equipment 10 + Defense 16 = 150pp

Complications:

Motivation - Justice - After working for years as a policeman, detective, and internal affairs investigator, Richard's faith in humanity has been greatly shaken. He has seen more intimately than most how often justice is not rendered. He vows to change that.

Honor - Code Against Killing - Despite being a policeman trained in firearms. And despite being someone who once killed a suspect, Richard is determined not to lose his humanity while fighting the worst that society has to offer.

Identity - "Nightjar" - Richard undertook this secret identity to investigate, compile evidence, and deliver suspects to police, the media, and lawyers he trusts. To lose his secret identity would be to expose those few remaining family members to crime bosses, serial killers, and corrupt cops.

Quirk - Nightjar always leaves a silhouette card with any information he provides or suspect he captures. This is an attempt to build his reputation as a useful figure in society.

Background
Richard Corbett was born the son of an affluent shipping merchant in Mega City. His parents divorced while Richard was in his teens due to his father's philandering habits. Generous child support and alimony insured that Richard did not want for the necessities of life.

Richard originally went to law school after college, but became disillusioned with the profession after 1 1/2 years of study. He entered the police academy at age 24 and graduated with honors. He embraced both the physical demands as well as the intellectual professionalism that his superiors desired. It did not take long for him to climb the ranks.

He became a not-so-secret prodigy who had a knack for handling incidents by the book. He then spent the rest of his 20s climbing the ladder of "special investigator": car theft, arson, missing persons, and ultimately homicide. Each new assignment tested his stamina and sanity. Although he dated women during this period, but found that the stress and hours of work made him very poor boyfriend material.

At age 29 he was offered a position within Internal Affairs. Despite the promotion, he has found this job to be even more stressful than homicide. Cops that used to be his friends no longer see him as "one of the guys". It is an inevitable situation given the fact that he investigates complaints against personnel within the police department.

He has used his position within the department to compile his own private database of fingerprints, DNA samples, and other info related to criminal identification. The real source of his motivation flows from the horrible victimization of the common citizen at the hands of sociopaths, mobsters, and the criminally insane. He is a driven man with no signs of retiring anytime soon.

Why are you on the team?
Nightjar was operating a few years before the team formed. His success garnered an invitation. He also likes the idea of having powerful friends to call upon if the going gets rough.

Why might you have to be away?
My first allegiance is to the citizens of Mega City. I am a lone shepherd that defends them from the wolves on the streets. If I get enthralled in an investigation, that may take precedent.

Why might you have to leave?
Some of the crime bosses that have influence in Mega City operate from outside the city (possibly outside the country). I may have to take the fight to them in foreign places.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Nightjar's sheet is way harder to read than it needs to be. I'd really suggest removing most of those line breaks.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote:MUSTANG
Alright, Macyn, bear with me- I wanna take a look at the guy here. I'm discovering I can only "read" builds properly if they're written the same way I do them, too, LOL. Here's what he looks like "my way":

MUSTANG (Todd Beauregard-Svyenko, aka Myctauhr)
PL 9 (118)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 7 (+7)
Insight 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness Save

Powers:
Speed 8 (500 mph) [8]
Leaping 9 (Half-Mile) [9]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Stuff Macyn Said

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 9 (118)

-So I'm seeing some issues here- he's under-cost still by a ways. Doesn't quite meet all his caps, either. His speed & leaping ranks seem a bit high, too. So I'll boost him up a bit.

MUSTANG (Todd Beauregard-Svyenko, aka Myctauhr)
PL 9 (135)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Restaurants) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 7 (+9)
Insight 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness Save

Powers:
Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
Leaping 5 (250 feet) [5]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude +12, Will +7

Complications:
Stuff Macyn Said

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 13 (135)

-I boosted up his stats a bit, lowered his movement powers (feel free to change them back, but he was moving at Sonic Speeds, which is pretty nuts :)), and raised his saves, making him a more solid PL 9 Powerhouse. Also, someone with martial arts should also have Improved Critical (Unarmed). What do you think?

-One issue I'm seeing is that the "modern generation" of super-heroes haven't been around for long enough for Todd to have been born with his powers. Here's a silly, more comic-booky way: Maybe the place where the Baseball Furries attacked him... was the very place where his father broke the "Super-Serum" that should have given him Godlike powers! The residual effects, and his matching physiology, is what boosted his powers to what they are now :). What do you think?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 amThermal
THERMAL: Okay, an elementalist? I can dig it- I was hoping I'd get one of those. Ummm... are the "Blistering Touch" Array and the "Superheated Breath" Array supposed to be separate? Because I think you can just make that one big array. I think her powers would only cost 34 points in that case, giving you a lot more room to work with (12 extra points). The personal stun gun is a neat touch :). Where's her +8 Toughness coming from? I see STA 3 and Def. Roll 3 for "6". The backstory & potential story thing is solid.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Supernaturalist wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 am
NIGHTJAR: Hey- a guy named after an obscure animal? You know exactly what I like, don't you :)? Very solid detective-y guy with very Batman-ish stuff. I don't see any mechanical issues off-hand. I decided on "Mega City" for the city's name, btw :).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Leaping rank, minus 2, is the distance rank of the jump. Leaping 9 is a half mile, not 8,000’ and Leaping 5 is 250’.

Incidentally, for those interested in “leaping tall buildings in a single bound,” here’s some data on building heights in the real world New York City (which is generally my assumed template for all fictional metropolises).
Batgirl III wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:02 am I've actually had to look this up before and have it saved as a note in my "M&M GMing Stuff" folder: In our real-world New York City, there are 6,486 high rise buildings that are 115' (35 m) or slightly taller, but only 113 buildings that are taller than 600' (183 m), and a mere 7 that are above 1000' (305 m).

The ten tallest building in NYC today are:
  1. One World Trade Center (1,776' / 541 m)
  2. Central Park Tower (1549' / 472 m)
  3. 111 West 57th Street (1427' / 435 m)
  4. One Vanderbilt (1400' / 427 m)
  5. 432 Park Avenue (1397' / 426 m)
  6. 30 Hudson Yards (1270' / 387 m)
  7. Empire State Building (1250' / 381 m)
  8. Bank of America Tower (1200' / 366 m)
  9. 45 Broad Street (1115' / 340 m)
  10. 3 World Trade Center (1079' / 329 m)
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:52 am Leaping rank, minus 2, is the distance rank of the jump. Leaping 9 is a half mile, not 8,000’ and Leaping 5 is 250’.
Crap, I counted Leaping from 30ft., not 15. My bad. And I forgot that you don't double it every time- once you get past the smaller ranks, I forget where things go, lol. It's Macyn's build, though- he can decide which distance fits. He can even Alt one off of the other, since that's what others are doing!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:52 am Leaping rank, minus 2, is the distance rank of the jump. Leaping 9 is a half mile, not 8,000’ and Leaping 5 is 250’.
And remember any jumps over rank 7 take longer than 1 round.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 am DOCTOR MERCURY, PL 9

STR 9 STA 9 AGL 2 DEX 2 FGT 9 INT 4 AWE 2 PRE 0 * 74 points

ADVANTAGES:
Bio-Inventor, Skill Mastery: Treatment * 2 points

SKILLS:
Expertise: Medicine 15 (+19), Perception 4 (+6), Technology 3 (+7), Treatment 6 (+10) * 14 points

POWERS:
Body Modification: Variable 2 (Slow) * 12 points
Usual "default" use of Variable: Reinforced bones and biochemical energy reserves (Immunity 7 [critical hits, fatigue], Power-Lifting 1, Regeneration 2)

Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison) * 2 points

Mobility: Leaping 8 * 8 points
Speed 8 * 1 point

Quickness 6 * 6 points

Senses 2 (Accurate Hearing, Low-Light Vision) * 2 points

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2; Throwing +2 (Ranged Damage 9); Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 9)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Toughness 9, Fortitude 9, Will 9 * 14 points

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation (Research): Superhumans are the most fascinating medical cases in the world, and the most socially acceptable way to spend as much time as possible around them is to be a superhero. Doctor Mercury sometimes needs to be reminded that fighting supervillains is more important than studying them.
Public Identity: Dr. Sasha Wintour is a known mutant and costumed adventurer. She isn't especially famous, but there are people who recognize her.
Enemy (Crusher): Professor Utron found the holy grail of biotechnology, and some idiot bank robber ruined it for everybody. Sasha always has her eye out for ways to make his life a little more difficult.
Enemy (medical community): Sasha's combination of ego, poor social skills, and radical methods has made her enough enemies among her peers to cause trouble for her professionally, and while her medical license hasn't been revoked yet, she's skirting the edge. Most of her professional enemies are law-abiding, but some are happy to sell temporary superpower cocktails on the black market.

TOTAL:
Abilities 74 + Advantages 2 + Skills 14 + Powers 31 + Defenses 14 = 135

Why Are You On The Team?: Being a professional superhero lets Doctor Mercury get access to state of the art laboratories and gives her an entire team of metahuman case studies collected for her convenience. And she also gets paid!

Why Might You Have To Be Away?: Abrasive or not, bad reputation or not, Sasha is still one of the best medical minds in the country, or at least the city. More respectable doctors call her in to consult on difficult cases from time to time.

Why Might You Have To Leave?: Give her a real job as a medical researcher and she'll be gone.

Background: Sasha Wintour was born a low-level mutant, a metahuman with mildly enhanced strength, speed, and agility. At ten years old she had roughly the strength of three grown men and could run as fast as a horse. Her powers weren't very impressive compared to the real superheroes and supervillains out there, but to Sasha, they were fascinating, and she grew up studying medicine and biochemistry. Using herself as a test subject repeatedly has made her stronger, faster, and overall physically superior. It's also made people around her uncomfortable, and she doesn't have a lot of friends. Or any friends. She also doesn't have a lot of real life skills. Most of the time she barely notices.

"Bio-Inventor" functions the same as Inventor, or Ritualist, or Artificer, but instead of using Technology or Expertise: Magic it uses Expertise: Medicine. Most of the time, Doctor M is only a passable fighter, and when she runs into things too far away/dangerous to punch she mostly uses the combination of Quickness and super-strength to do things like evacuate bystanders and clear away wreckage.

Doctor Mercury's Body Modification variable power has the slow flaw, because she needs access to chemicals and organic material to alter her body. Normally a pharmacy will work fine, or even a grocery store in a pinch. She barges in like she owns the place, pulls things off the shelves and does God-knows-what with them in a blur of super-speed activity, and comes back out as a brand new crime against nature. Here are some example uses for Body Modification:

Internal Plasma Furnace: Cone Area on Strength Damage 9, Incurable.

Organic crystalization: Impervious Toughness 9; Power-Lifting 1.

Elasticity: Elongation 6; Enhanced Advantage 4 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Takedown).

Big Pretty Wings: Flight 8 (Flaw: Wings); Enhanced Advantage 2 (Favored Environment: Aerial, Move-By Action).

Augmented Leg Muscles: Multiattack on Strength Damage 9, Quirk: cannot be used for covering fire; 2 points added to Mobility array.
Made an adjustment to Doctor Mercury. She's a lot less agile now, and a lot less aware, but she has a small Variable power to tailor her abilities to the needs of the adventure and the team she's with. Still need a costume, though. Not sure where to find a good picture for a half-speedster, half-brick with a mad science habit...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

She's a lot less agile now, and a lot less aware
Does not inspire confidence in a doctor. :o
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 am
She's a lot less agile now, and a lot less aware
Does not inspire confidence in a doctor. :o
I wonder how many points an Immunity to malpractice suits costs.