Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am
CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 amThermal
THERMAL: Okay, an elementalist? I can dig it- I was hoping I'd get one of those. Ummm... are the "Blistering Touch" Array and the "Superheated Breath" Array supposed to be separate? Because I think you can just make that one big array. I think her powers would only cost 34 points in that case, giving you a lot more room to work with (12 extra points). The personal stun gun is a neat touch :). Where's her +8 Toughness coming from? I see STA 3 and Def. Roll 3 for "6". The backstory & potential story thing is solid.
She has an undercover shirt under equipment for the additional +2. I kept the arrays seperate because some GMs don't like that many powers under one array. If you're okay with having all those powers under one array then I can use the extra points for more flavor stuff.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:53 am Just noticed something.... two of the three questions;
Why Are You On The Team?: You were recruited by Some Rich Guy for his team of super-heroes. So basically, you're here to save lives and do it publicly. Do you wanna help people? Be famous? Have protection? What?
Why Might You Have To Be Away?: "Real Life" keeps all of us from the table sometimes. So just in case, I should have a reason why you would need to miss a mission or two.
Why Might You Have To Leave?: Just in case you have to bail, or the player disappears for a while, an easy way to write you out is appreciated.
seem to be directed to the player, not the character. So far everyone has answered them in the context of their characters, is that correct, or do you mean for us to mention potential interruptions of play for ourselves as players?
The Characters, more or less. First or third-person; it doesn't matter :). Basically, I just need a written reason, just in case it comes up- I've seen many, MANY games where someone just disappears without a word for a while, or abruptly has to bail. It's easier if I have a reason beforehand.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:11 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am
CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 amThermal
THERMAL: Okay, an elementalist? I can dig it- I was hoping I'd get one of those. Ummm... are the "Blistering Touch" Array and the "Superheated Breath" Array supposed to be separate? Because I think you can just make that one big array. I think her powers would only cost 34 points in that case, giving you a lot more room to work with (12 extra points). The personal stun gun is a neat touch :). Where's her +8 Toughness coming from? I see STA 3 and Def. Roll 3 for "6". The backstory & potential story thing is solid.
She has an undercover shirt under equipment for the additional +2. I kept the arrays seperate because some GMs don't like that many powers under one array. If you're okay with having all those powers under one array then I can use the extra points for more flavor stuff.
Oh yeah, go nuts. I don't mind Multi-Power Arrays (just look at the Marvel builds I do, or my own superhero thread, lol).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:29 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:53 am Just noticed something.... two of the three questions;
Why Are You On The Team?: You were recruited by Some Rich Guy for his team of super-heroes. So basically, you're here to save lives and do it publicly. Do you wanna help people? Be famous? Have protection? What?
Why Might You Have To Be Away?: "Real Life" keeps all of us from the table sometimes. So just in case, I should have a reason why you would need to miss a mission or two.
Why Might You Have To Leave?: Just in case you have to bail, or the player disappears for a while, an easy way to write you out is appreciated.
seem to be directed to the player, not the character. So far everyone has answered them in the context of their characters, is that correct, or do you mean for us to mention potential interruptions of play for ourselves as players?
The Characters, more or less. First or third-person; it doesn't matter :). Basically, I just need a written reason, just in case it comes up- I've seen many, MANY games where someone just disappears without a word for a while, or abruptly has to bail. It's easier if I have a reason beforehand.
Okay, just the way it's worded confused me. Might also have something to do with being at work for over 12 hours now. I am just about done with K'lara, just finishing up the background, then filling the last two questions from that.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

As an FYI, given the number of Powerhouse, Scrapper type archetypes, with much consideration I've decided to change my submission entirely ... I'll edit my original post with Build, Background & Complications.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

All done. Might do the odd tweak if there's anything wrong with it, or I figure out a little change, but I think she's largely all set to play if she gets selected.

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 am Nightjar's sheet is way harder to read than it needs to be. I'd really suggest removing most of those line breaks.
Line-breaks removed. Efficiency restored. Minds satisfied. ;)

Also, I changed every reference of "Metro City" to "Mega City".
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am
MacynSnow wrote:MUSTANG
Alright, Macyn, bear with me- I wanna take a look at the guy here. I'm discovering I can only "read" builds properly if they're written the same way I do them, too, LOL. Here's what he looks like "my way":

MUSTANG (Todd Beauregard-Svyenko, aka Myctauhr)
PL 9 (118)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 7 (+7)
Insight 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness Save

Powers:
Speed 8 (500 mph) [8]
Leaping 9 (Half-Mile) [9]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Stuff Macyn Said

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 9 (118)

-So I'm seeing some issues here- he's under-cost still by a ways. Doesn't quite meet all his caps, either. His speed & leaping ranks seem a bit high, too. So I'll boost him up a bit.

MUSTANG (Todd Beauregard-Svyenko, aka Myctauhr)
PL 9 (135)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Restaurants) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 7 (+9)
Insight 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness Save

Powers:
Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
Leaping 5 (250 feet) [5]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude +12, Will +7

Complications:
Stuff Macyn Said

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 13 (135)

-I boosted up his stats a bit, lowered his movement powers (feel free to change them back, but he was moving at Sonic Speeds, which is pretty nuts :)), and raised his saves, making him a more solid PL 9 Powerhouse. Also, someone with martial arts should also have Improved Critical (Unarmed). What do you think?

-One issue I'm seeing is that the "modern generation" of super-heroes haven't been around for long enough for Todd to have been born with his powers. Here's a silly, more comic-booky way: Maybe the place where the Baseball Furries attacked him... was the very place where his father broke the "Super-Serum" that should have given him Godlike powers! The residual effects, and his matching physiology, is what boosted his powers to what they are now :). What do you think?
That DOES make more sense to me as well,so i'll start making my adjustments.Thanks for your help,jab! :D
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I'm probably too late, but I'm submitting anyway.

Theseus
Slave, warrior, conqueror, king. His sandals have strode the jeweled thrones of the Earth. He has been an Argonaut, the ruler of Athens, a pirate, a harrower of Hell. With his cousin Heracles he invented wrestling. He introduced democracy to ancient Greece. He fought wars against the Amazons and Crete, he slew the Minotaur. He was a hero. But in time he wearied of the responsibilities, of his failures and losses, and he walked off into the mists of time, leaving his native Attica for parts unknown. He would not return for centuries.

Theseus, son of Poseidon, has walked the Earth since a thousand years before the Common Era. He has fought in wars unending, explored unmapped lands, built empires of commerce, and involved himself again and again in the affairs of mortals. Blessed with Olympian vitality but lacking the more impressive abilities of his other family members, Theseus has remained Earthbound for millennia. And always he strives to keep back the ennui of immortality. Humans are good for that sort of thing; their short, energetic lives catalyze immense and lasting changes all across the world. And there is always demand for someone who can fight. So he has been an explorer, a crusader, a merchant, a conquistador, a RAF pilot, a doughboy, a cold warrior.

In the late 1970s, Theseus grew tired finally of conflict itself. He went underground, disappearing for a time, living simply off the grid, keeping himself apart from the world. But boredom has once again forced him out into the spotlight. Superhumans are appearing around the world in greater numbers than ever before. It looks like something momentous is about to happen. Theseus doesn’t know what it might be, but he knows he wants to be involved. For the first time in a long, long time he is operating under his real name and stepping into the limelight.
PL: 8, 150 pp
Abilities: STR: 4 STA: 4 AGI: 4 DEX: 4 FTG: 8 INT: 4 AWA: 4 PRE: 4
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise: History 4 (+8)
Expertise: Tactics 4 (+8)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Vehicles 4 (+8)
Advantages: Accurate Attack
Assessment
Defensive Attack
Diehard
Evasion
Fast Grab
Improved Aim
Improved Critical [Unarmed]
Improved Defense
Improved Disarm
Improved Grab
Improved Hold
Improved Initiative
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Jack of All Trades
Luck
Power Attack
Precise Attack
Prone Fighting
Redirect
Set-Up
Takedown
Well Informed
Powers: “Pankration Master” Damage 4 [Strength-Based]

“Son of Poseidon”
Immunity 4 [Aging, Disease, Poison, Suffocation (Drowning)]
Protection 4
Regeneration 5

“World Traveler” Comprehend [Languages (Read, Speak, Understand)]

Offense: Unarmed + 8 [Close, DC 23], Thrown Object + 8 [Ranged, DC 19], Init +8
Defense: Dodge: +8, Parry +8, Fortitude +6, Toughness +8, Will +6
Complications: World Weary¬ ¬– Theseus has seen and done it all. Not much surprises him anymore, so anything new or out of the ordinary piques his interest
Death Wish – Some part of him seeks the finality of death, although he’s never considered suicide. He can throw himself into danger with reckless abandon
Olympian – Although he doesn’t mingle with his divine family much, he is still counted among them by their enemies, like the Titans. Immortals know how to hold grudges.
Description: Tall, powerfully built, long-limbed. Graceful in his movements, with a panther’s quickness and a tiger’s strength and ferocity. Olive-skinned, he tans deeply and darkly. His close-cropped pale hair and deep blue eyes contrast, giving him an exotic cast. As an Olympian demigod, Theseus incredibly long-lived, perhaps even immortal, and he is untouched by the ravages of time, disease, or toxins. His body is durable, resistant to damage, and when he does receive wounds, he recovers incredibly rapidly. Theseus has been an expert hand to hand fighter all his life, and though he is versed in the use of nearly any weapon ever invented, he prefers to use his fists and feet. He has learned or invented a variety of martial arts over the years, creating a unique style that still has at his root the ancient Greek style of Pankration. His travels across the world over thousands of years have also made him a linguistic genius, able to converse in just about any dialect known to human beings.

Theseus prefers durable street clothes, but he’s making an effort at this superhero thing. His fighting togs are a suit of hoplite style armor, including an open faced helm with a horse hair crest, a breastplate that leaves his arms bare, gauntlets and greaves. The suit is bronze colored, emblazoned with the symbol of a cresting wave on the chest.

Questions
Why Are You On The Team?
: To alleviate boredom. To experience things he's never experienced before. To become a part of something again, if only for a little while.
Why Might You Have To Be Away?: A man with such a long life makes many friends and perhaps even more enemies. Sometimes things come up out of the past that need Theseus' attention; the descendant of an old friend imperiled, an old enemy returns from seeming death, or perhaps an ancient oath or obligation demands his attention.
Why Might You Have To Leave?: Olympian stuff, probably off-world.
Last edited by Yojimbo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 27th

Post by Jabroniville »

I put a "Recruiting Till July 26th" in the title just to prevent "Am I too late?" stuff :).
MacynSnow

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 27th

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:57 pm I put a "Recruiting Till July 26th" in the title just to prevent "Am I too late?" stuff :).
Good idea!I'll add one to my Dragon Age sometime soon....You should TOTALLY make a character for it,by the way... :D
CaptainChaos

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 26th

Post by CaptainChaos »

I made several updates and a backstory to Thermal. I just need to find a good pic for her costume.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=924&p=56082#p56082
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm I made several updates and a backstory to Thermal. I just need to find a good pic for her costume.

Will any of these do?

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm I made several updates and a backstory to Thermal. I just need to find a good pic for her costume.

I like Thermal... It'd be kind of a neat twist if the "some of her fans think she really had superpowers" actually was the reason she developed superpowers. Maybe its the collective unconscious making gestalt belief into tangible reality? Maybe one of those little kid fans that she "confessed" to is actually a reality-warping superhuman... Better hope the kid stays a fan and you don't get wished into the cornfield!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:29 pm
That's a good idea. I will have to add that House Rule to my own campaign.