Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Gideon Mace

Post by Jabroniville »

GIDEON MACE
Created By:
Archie Goodwin & George Tuska
First Appearance: Luke Cage, Hero For Hire #3 (Oct. 1972)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Special Mace" (Flaws: Removable) [10]
"Fire as Projectile" Blast 5 (10) -- (12 points)
  • AE: "Mace Smash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 3) (6)
  • AE: "Mace Spray" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed & Visually Impaired/Stunned & Visually Disabled/Visually Unaware) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Visually Unaware) (Diminished Range -2) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Mace Smash +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Mace Spray +8 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Fire Mace +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (The American Government)- Gideon believes that he was unfairly discharged by the army (he was not), and is attempting to form his own army to fight them.
Enemy (Luke Cage)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 8 (108)

-Gideon Mace was a nasty soldier leading his troops on unauthorized missions in Vietnam when he lost his hand to a landmine. Feeling he was dishonorably discharged unjustly, he attached a super-mace to his hand and started recruiting soldiers into his own personal army, which he would lead against the U.S. Government. He attempted to seize control of New York's ports, but one of his men discovered his real plan (use the men as "bait" for the police while his associates robbed Wall Street), and brought Luke Cage into the conflict. A classic anti-government loon, he later formed his own "planned community" called Security City, but Cage and his buddy "DW" Griffith did the classic "turn on the live mic" trick, and Mace's insane plans were revealed to the people of his town.

-Mace never really went anywhere as a villain, only dealing with Cage. Al Ewing used him in Cage's Avengers book, however, trying to form a business out of murdering super-heroes. He chose the original White Tiger as his first target, but failed thanks to Spider-Man and others. He was shot by his own men while fighting, but was saved by the Beyond Corporation- his mutated body was seen fighting the Mighty Avengers, but when his group was beaten, his bodiless heart (the only thing left of his body) fell to the ground.

-Mace is a minor PL 7 threat who is mostly-forgotten, but had a few tricks- expect to fight numerous disgruntled War Veterans alongside this little Vietnam Commentary.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Tai Cheetah, Foxy Roxy, Dali Llama! Luke Cage!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 am Dazzler has a rogue’s gallery?

She was one of my favorite X-Men back in the Eighties and I never knew this. I mean, I guess there’s Mojo... But I’d consider him more of Longshot’s villain that just becomes her enemy by proximity.
Dazzler seemed to get a few "Run-Off" villains. She found The Grapplers in a "Women in Prison Movie"-inspired bit of business, and also took on Ulysses Klaw (she's even the reason he shows up in Secret Wars! That's right- DAZZLER is responsible for making Doom a God!).
Ken

Post by Ken »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm The talk of the Joker and kiling reminds me of a certain image:
Two questions:

1) Who's the artist?

2) The Joker killed the kid anyway, right?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:04 am
KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm The talk of the Joker and kiling reminds me of a certain image:
Two questions:

1) Who's the artist?

2) The Joker killed the kid anyway, right?
1) Andy Kubert
2) Unknown, he’s not seen again in the story. But since that’s the “Silver Age” Joker (it makes sense in context) it’s highly unlikely.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

greycrusader wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 am Why didn't they just have Bushmaster's son acquire powers, instead of doing the weird resurrection via draining his own child's life-force thing, I wonder? And then they killed him all over again in the same story. Seems pointless.

Man, Cage has AWFUL villains for most of his solo run. Thank goodness Netflix basically just uses the names. I mean a few are salvageable, like Chemistro, but so many are either just straight up terrible or offensive stereotypes or BOTH.

The only Marvel rogues galleries I can think of with equally bad jobbers are Pym's, Dazzler's, and pre-Miller Daredevil. Yikes!
Thinking about it, it makes me wonder what's worse: having a crappy rogue's gallery, or having no rogue's gallery.

For Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, their only real noteworthy enemy is Whirlwind, and the long dead Egghead. Luke Cage and Iron Fist basically have Bushmaster and Steel Serpent/Phoenix and a minor bad guys. Daredevil had Stiltman and the Jester.

But compared to them, folks like Hawkeye and the Scarlet Witch don't even really have rogues. They've only ever really been Avengers, so their enemies are mostly Avengers enemies. You get some rare instances where the Vision has stronger ties to Ultron, Wonder Man has ties to the Grim Reaper, but otherwise those characters don't really have a lot going for them.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Well, Pym built Ultron which should count for something (when the writers remember it).

Also, the Scarlet Witch used to have the X-Men as her enemies... Oh. Wait.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

greycrusader wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 am Why didn't they just have Bushmaster's son acquire powers, instead of doing the weird resurrection via draining his own child's life-force thing, I wonder? And then they killed him all over again in the same story. Seems pointless.

Man, Cage has AWFUL villains for most of his solo run. Thank goodness Netflix basically just uses the names. I mean a few are salvageable, like Chemistro, but so many are either just straight up terrible or offensive stereotypes or BOTH.

The only Marvel rogues galleries I can think of with equally bad jobbers are Pym's, Dazzler's, and pre-Miller Daredevil. Yikes!
Now them's (Verbal)fightin' words,Grey!

Hank Pym was created right at the backend of the 50's and right at the start of the Cold War,so OF COURSE his Rogues Gallery would be full of Wierd,Racist and Odd....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:25 am

Thinking about it, it makes me wonder what's worse: having a crappy rogue's gallery, or having no rogue's gallery.

For Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, their only real noteworthy enemy is Whirlwind, and the long dead Egghead. Luke Cage and Iron Fist basically have Bushmaster and Steel Serpent/Phoenix and a minor bad guys. Daredevil had Stiltman and the Jester.

But compared to them, folks like Hawkeye and the Scarlet Witch don't even really have rogues. They've only ever really been Avengers, so their enemies are mostly Avengers enemies. You get some rare instances where the Vision has stronger ties to Ultron, Wonder Man has ties to the Grim Reaper, but otherwise those characters don't really have a lot going for them.
Heh, now I remember the time they tried to make CROSSFIRE into Hawkeye's Arch-Nemesis :)...
statue345

Re: Gideon Mace

Post by statue345 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 am GIDEON MACE

So does he have like a chain or something to pull it back after he shoots it, or is he just boned once he uses it like that?
Jabroniville

Re: Gideon Mace

Post by Jabroniville »

statue345 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 am GIDEON MACE

So does he have like a chain or something to pull it back after he shoots it, or is he just boned once he uses it like that?
All the pictures I see just have the thing firing out, so I'm not sure. Maybe it flies back?
sirjolt

Post by sirjolt »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 am Image

GIDEON MACE
Created By:
Archie Goodwin & George Tuska
First Appearance: Luke Cage, Hero For Hire #3 (Oct. 1972)
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
  • AE: "Mace Smash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 3) (6)
  • AE: "Mace Spray" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed & Visually Impaired/Stunned & Visually Disabled/Visually Unaware) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Visually Unaware) (Diminished Range -2) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Mace Smash +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Mace Spray +8 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Fire Mace +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (The American Government)- Gideon believes that he was unfairly discharged by the army (he was not), and is attempting to form his own army to fight them.
Enemy (Luke Cage)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 8 (108)

-Gideon Mace was a nasty soldier leading his troops on unauthorized missions in Vietnam when he lost his hand to a landmine. Feeling he was dishonorably discharged unjustly, he attached a super-mace to his hand and started recruiting soldiers into his own personal army, which he would lead against the U.S. Government. He attempted to seize control of New York's ports, but one of his men discovered his real plan (use the men as "bait" for the police while his associates robbed Wall Street), and brought Luke Cage into the conflict. A classic anti-government loon, he later formed his own "planned community" called Security City, but Cage and his buddy "DW" Griffith did the classic "turn on the live mic" trick, and Mace's insane plans were revealed to the people of his town.

-Mace never really went anywhere as a villain, only dealing with Cage. Al Ewing used him in Cage's Avengers book, however, trying to form a business out of murdering super-heroes. He chose the original White Tiger as his first target, but failed thanks to Spider-Man and others. He was shot by his own men while fighting, but was saved by the Beyond Corporation- his mutated body was seen fighting the Mighty Avengers, but when his group was beaten, his bodiless heart (the only thing left of his body) fell to the ground.

-Mace is a minor PL 7 threat who is mostly-forgotten, but had a few tricks- expect to fight numerous disgruntled War Veterans alongside this little Vietnam Commentary.

So, which hand was lost? Or do they change it periodically?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

sirjolt wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm So, which hand was lost? Or do they change it periodically?
... heh. It's consistently his right hand in every image but the one, so I'm betting that one's a flipped image from one of the Handbooks.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That’s Gideon Mace’s identical twin half-brother’s clone from a parallel universe, Gideon Morningstar.
Jabroniville

Discus

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

DISCUS (Tim Stuart)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Billy Graham
First Appearance: Luke Cage- Power Man #22 (Dec. 1974)
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Discus Weapons) 3 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Discus), Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Discus Weapons" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [11]
"Electrical Discus" Blast 4 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 3) (Extras: Multiattack) (16) -- (18 points)
  • AE: "Common Discus" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 3) (Extras: Ranged 4, Multiattack 4) (Diminished Range -1) (12)
  • AE: "Explosive Discus" Blast 6 (Extras: 15ft. Burst +1/2 for 4 Ranks) (Diminished Range -1, Inaccurate) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Throwing/Electrical Discus +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Explosive Discus +8/+4 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 11 (99)

-Discus is just Stiletto's lamer brother- both of them swore vengeance on Luke Cage for getting their daddy fired (he was the warden at Cage's old prison, and was let go when Cage escaped), but were ultimately failure villains. The pair faced Luke a few times, then the Daughers of the Dragon, Iron Man and others, and then kind of fell into disuse, appearing as Justin Hammer's goons during a 1992 story, then taking a fifteen-year break during "The Twilight Of The Jobbers" (aka the '90s, when tons of NEW villains were created instead!) before showing up as part of The Hood's army as mere backgrounders.

-Discus is stronger and more athletic that Stiletto, but has less variation in his Array, which is all Easily Removable (ie. no "Rapid Firing Costume"). They mostly serve the same purpose, though. Combined, they and Boomerang managed to take out Namorita one time- that's about as big of a Power Feat as you're gonna get from this crew :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

DISCUS (Tim Stuart)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Billy Graham
Billy Graham!? You can’t possibly mean...