Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Montenegro! Doombringer! Steel Serpent! Orson Randall!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Is Shou-Lao related in any way to Fin Fang Foom and the other dragons of Kakaranathara?

Edit to Add: This is the most hilarious thing ever:

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:15 am Is Shou-Lao related in any way to Fin Fang Foom and the other dragons of Kakaranathara?
You know,that's EXACTLY what i was thinking.....GET OUTTA MY HEAD,YOU CRAZY SEAL!.... :shock:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh man- Danny. That CAD, lol.

Starting up the last day of these tomorrow, followed by two days of random Marvel characters from The List. After that, Samurai Shodown, since I finished most of them before my computer went down (annoyingly, it turned on just fine at the computer shop, so they looked at me kinda funny). Doing builds on my phone is hella-annoying, but not being weeks ahead gives me anxiety :).

Funny thing about the Immortal Weapons is that they're in that group of "guys stuck on my ATT thread", but of course were very minor characters so they draw little attention. Most of those guys have been like that, actually. Poor doofuses who went ages before showing up on my thread again- Threnody, Tarak, Tana Nile, etc :).
brothersale

Re: Prince of Orphans

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:22 am
THE PRINCE OF ORPHANS (John Aman, aka Amazing-Man)

-His origin is that of a white kid who was raised by Tibetan Monks into being a superhuman warrior and letting him turn into a green mist. This makes him one of The Immortal Weapons in the Marvel Universe, and he was the main guy challenged with assassinating Orson Randall in the 1920s. An unstoppable, unkillable opponent, Aman hunted Randall for YEARS, nearly killing him and the entire Confederates of the Curious numerous times, until his world "fell to pieces" when Randall revealed that The Capital Cities of Heaven were corrupt and travelling on Earth outside of their allowed "cycles". Aman allies with Danny Rand in the modern era, helping the overthrow of K'un-Lun and fighting the forces of HYDRA, but not before teaching The Steel Phoenix an important lesson about tradition and the martial arts.
An interesting side note to him is that he is the one Immortal Weapon that either was the last to have his city's name revealed (that is if you believe that it is Z'Gambo) or has yet to have it revealed at all.

I personally don't believe that it is Z'Gambo for several reasons: the first is that it does not match the Asian theme of the others, the second that it is unihabited (who would train the next weapon), the third is that it is physically in the real world next to Wakanda and finally because he in theory conquered the place.

I think it much more likely that he uses Z'Gambo as a base in the real world while the unknown valley with the monks is the unknown City of Heaven that he is the champion of.
brothersale

Post by brothersale »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:41 pm I SO want you to do a Confederation Of the Curious build set now,as Randall is the perfect example of a Noir based character.....
Personally i'm holding out for Murderous Lion of The Covenant
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Oh man, I'm really looking forward to Samurai Shodown. My first experience with it was the PS1 port of the third game (I think using Galford, since he's awesome), though apparently that port wasn't too great. (That's why Zankuro is the most memorable of the bosses to me, because he kicked my ass so many times. And, the most memorable thing about that fight..You couldn't win the match by time over! So no timer scamming. Like, if you tried to win the second round by time over, I think it just counted as a loss, but I don't recall.) Also, since it's a similar series by SNK, I'd love to see Last Blade at some point too, but I know how hard SNK guys are to research. I'm also curious about which of the SS games are being covered, since there's the six main 2D games and like four 3D games. I know that Asura from the Samurai Shodown 64 games also appeared in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:11 pm Oh man, I'm really looking forward to Samurai Shodown. My first experience with it was the PS1 port of the third game (I think using Galford, since he's awesome), though apparently that port wasn't too great. (That's why Zankuro is the most memorable of the bosses to me, because he kicked my ass so many times. And, the most memorable thing about that fight..You couldn't win the match by time over! So no timer scamming. Like, if you tried to win the second round by time over, I think it just counted as a loss, but I don't recall.) Also, since it's a similar series by SNK, I'd love to see Last Blade at some point too, but I know how hard SNK guys are to research. I'm also curious about which of the SS games are being covered, since there's the six main 2D games and like four 3D games. I know that Asura from the Samurai Shodown 64 games also appeared in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
I have SS 1-6, with guys from other games probably going into a Template, given their numbers. Shiki appeared elsewhere, and can thus get a build- I guess Asura will, too.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:11 pm Oh man, I'm really looking forward to Samurai Shodown. My first experience with it was the PS1 port of the third game (I think using Galford, since he's awesome), though apparently that port wasn't too great. (That's why Zankuro is the most memorable of the bosses to me, because he kicked my ass so many times. And, the most memorable thing about that fight..You couldn't win the match by time over! So no timer scamming. Like, if you tried to win the second round by time over, I think it just counted as a loss, but I don't recall.) Also, since it's a similar series by SNK, I'd love to see Last Blade at some point too, but I know how hard SNK guys are to research. I'm also curious about which of the SS games are being covered, since there's the six main 2D games and like four 3D games. I know that Asura from the Samurai Shodown 64 games also appeared in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
I was a lucky bastard growing-up and managed to play THE ARCADE version when it first came out,then got the PS1 game as soon as it came out(my brother still say's TO THIS DAY that the final boss somehow cheated his way to a win against him..). :D
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 pm I have SS 1-6, with guys from other games probably going into a Template, given their numbers. Shiki appeared elsewhere, and can thus get a build- I guess Asura will, too.
Yeah, templating most of those guys would make sense, like the Street Fighter EX guys. The delivery man who tosses items onto the field in the first two games, Hikyaku, is also playable in the Game Boy port of the first game, apparently.
Jabroniville

Goldeneye

Post by Jabroniville »

GOLDENEYE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Dennis O'Neil & Denys Cowan
First Appearance: Power Man and Iron Fist #86 (Oct. 1982)
Role: Blaster, One-Off Villain

-Goldeneye (debuting more than ten years before the famous Bond movie) had a cybernetic eye implant that fired a paralyzing Nerve Blast. He was hired by an evil crook to destroy a train, but fought Luke Cage, who was able to tank the blast's effects, and one-shotted Goldeneye down. He has never reappeared.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Black Dragon

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK DRAGON (Chiantang)
Created By:
Jim Owlsley & Mark Bright
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #118 (July 1985)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 14 (227)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+9)
Expertise (History) 5 (+8)
Intimidation 7 (+10, +17 Size)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle

Powers:
"Giant Dragon"
Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (90 feet) (Extras: Permanent +0) [28]

"Fire Breath" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 250ft. Cone +2) (39) -- [40]
  • AE: "Kaiju Crush" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (36)
Morph 2 (Any Form) (Feats: Metamorph) [21]
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Aging) [6]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [11]
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+16 Damage, DC 18)
Kaiju Crush +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Fire Breath +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)- Chiantang has been driven insane after killing his own beloved niece by accident- he now simply destroys.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 133 / Defenses: 27 (227)

-Chiantang is yet another example of writers taking minor characters they've created and bringing them to later books they work on- Chiantang is a forgotten villain from Jim Owlsley's unpopular run on Power Man and Iron Fist who somehow ended up on Jim's Black Panther title once he'd changed his name to Christopher Priest. Chiantang a powerful dragon that had a grudge against Shou-Lao (who apparenly married Chiantang's niece and left her disgraced & heartbroken), and is ultimately the one responsible for separating his heart from his body and placing it in a cauldron within a cave (the core of the "Iron Fist" legend). Angered by Danny Rand killing Shou-Lao (this was before there was a succession of Iron Fists in the legend- Brubaker & co. added a LOT to the mythos), he attempted vengeance, and then went insane after accidentally killing his own niece. He devastated K'un-L'un, even making its Patron God (Master Khan) flee from his rampage.

-Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight & Lei-Kung all teamed up against him, eventually killing him with a mystical sword (he was basically unkillable otherwise- repeated use of the Iron Fist Technique barely stalled him). And so he disappeared... until revived in the Black Panther book... of course written by Chiantang's creator. He replaces Everett Ross (making him look like Mephisto in the process), then assaults Wakanda and the United States, fighting off the military like a Kaiju. Here, he is only brought low by T'Challa's tech-experts destabilizing his genetic code. He hasn't appeared since the Iron Fist character was renovated by later authors.

-Chiantang is largely a generic Kaiju Build, adding in basic Dragon Stuff (Flight, Fire Breath), as well as significant amounts of Regeneration. The most-unusual aspect of the character, however, is his Metamorph ability- he often takes various forms, occasionally showing different powers in them. Oh, also he can Switch Minds with somebody (a sorta-Mind Control thing with a Flaw), though I would say that's more of a Ritualist-based thing, as he has some vague "Magical Powers". At PL 14, he can easily take on multiple super-heroes (or conventional military forces) and win- fights against him are typically Kaiju-like.

BLACK DRAGON (Chiantang)- Human Form
Created By:
Jim Owlsley & Mark Bright
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #118 (July 1985)
Role: Forgotten Villain
PL 11 (130)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (History) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+9)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Chokehold, Close Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Trip, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)- Chiantang has been driven insane after killing his own beloved niece by accident- he now simply destroys.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 10 (130)

-Chiantang takes human form during part of the PM/IF stories, and packs a different set of abilities- he's a Martial Artist with great strength. This is largely possible thanks to his Metamorph Feat- a nasty trick that can effectively give a character more than one distinct power-set (and thus, must always be carefully-watched by GMs. Villains, however, can do what they like). Even here, he's PL 11- much weaker than his base form (it's in this form, for example, where he's decapitated and killed by Misty Knight), but handy if you need to fight inside a building or something.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Lionmane

Post by Jabroniville »

LIONMANE (Lo Chien)
Created By:
John Ostrander & Pasqual Ferry
First Appearance: Heroes for Hire #18 (Dec. 1998)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 8 (120)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+9)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Equipment (Sword +2, Improved Critical), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Enhanced Physiology"
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Sword +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)
Enemy (Iron Fist)

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 7 (120)

-Lionmane was a powerful general in the Chinese army who wished to become a powerful warlord after the fall of Communism (... I imagine he's envisioning this in the future, though China is as much "Capitalist Dictatorship With Few Civil Rights" than "Communist" these days). He founded a group of pirates. He fought Wolverine, whose Bone Claws could not pierce his skin, but the Iron Fist Technique managed to knock him out. He has never reappeared.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Junzo Muto

Post by Jabroniville »

JUNZO MUTO
Created By:
Jay Faerber, Karl Kersche & Chris Renaud
First Appearance: New Warriors #5 (2000)
Role: Teen Villain, Power Thief
Group Affiliations: The Hand
PL 10-12 (338)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 16 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+17)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Ninja) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 7 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Ninja Weapons) 3 (+13)
Stealth 9 (+15)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Benefit 4 (Leader of The Hand), Fast Grab, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Power Absorption" Variable 20 (Powers of Others) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Limited to Defeated Opponents) [140]
Affliction 12 (Power; Impaired/Disabled/Powerless) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Inaccurate -3) [45]
"Hand Training" Concealment 1 (Hearing) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 187 / Defenses: 12 (338)

-Junzo Muto appeared in the second, failed New Warriors book. He was a martial arts prodigy who was forcibly recruited by The Hand and turned into a deadly assassin, eventually becoming their leader. In order to gain further power, he had other martial artists assassinated, including one of Night Thrasher's senseis. He learned how to steal Chi, defeating and draining both the Steel Serpent & Iron Fist, and nearly killing Thrash before the Warriors spirited the heroes away. He then planned to invade K'un-Lun, taking over the city an imprisoning Yu-Ti. However, Yu-Ti revealed that Junzo's own trainer, Hiromitsu, was the killer of his parents! Junzo immediately slew the man who trained and raised him, taking Hiromitsu's own sorcerous power for himself.

-Junzo captured Misty Knight, Danny Rand and others, but soon Wolverine, Psylocke, Luke Cage and others all got involved, turning into this huge deal, as K'un-Lun entered Earth's dimension and technology ceased working. Yu-Ti cleverly plunged a knife into Danny's heart, since the city and his lifeline were connected (??), returning things to normal. The "potent magic" of K'un-Lun restored Danny quickly, and his powers returned. Junzo, however, has never come back, despite this huge debut. I really don't know what to make of all this- Jay Faerber created this guy, and did all the stuff in his New Warriors book, but the story isn't resolved until a half a year later in an Wolverine/Iron Fist Limited Series, which apparently doesn't use the Warriors at all.

-Junzo's powers are INSANE, as he just takes the power of numerous people, beating up both Steel Serpent and Iron Fist in a big showing of "New Villain Stink". He gathers both their powers, plus those of her Sorcerer sense, Hiromitsu, essentially becoming a God.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I have pretty much every appearance of this guy, and Junzo Muto is such an oddity. He just sort of shows up out of nowhere, steals the Steel Serpent's Chi, steals Danny's Chi, and gets involved with this weird plot involving the New Warriors, then Iron Fist and Wolverine, and basically does nothing else. Danny never even got a proper re-match with the kid or got his powers back from him, Chiantang gave Danny back his Chi powers and mind-controlled Danny so that we could get an Iron Fist vs Black Panther fight. As far as I know, Junzo STILL has the equivalent of Danny's pre-Immortal Weapon's Chi levels, which means basically that it can only be used safely once every few hours. When Junzo used the Iron Fist to KO Speedball (the chi/mystic properties of the IF bypassed Robbie's kinetic aura), Night Thrasher was able to defeat Junzo hand-to-hand.

The whole "K'un L'un is tied to Danny's heart" bit was a left-over plot from the previous Heroes for Hire series. Ostrander had this idea that, with the Avengers, Fantastic Four and other heroes gone, Danny had decided to undergo some ritual that would link his life force to K'un L'un and allow the city to merge permanently with Earth, where it could spread its philosophy to the rest of the world and maybe achieve some level of peace and harmony. As Luke put it, Danny wanted to "make K'un L'un into Camelot and have the new Heroes for Hire be the Knights of the Round Table". It was a . . . . weird story. But at least they resolved it.

I've got to say, it's amazing that Junzo has never gotten used again. The kid is basically what most writers want with a pre-established villain: He has very few appearances, he's got a dangerous set of abilities and skills, he's got a connection to a solid villain group (the Hand) and he's got no real personality beyond vague arrogance. He's PERFECT to be used and re-invented into whatever the writers need.

If I was handling Iron Fist, I'd likely retcon or undo most of what happened in and after Iron Fist: The Living Weapon. I'd also work to make K'un L'un and the other Cities of Heaven feel magical and amazing. These are places populated by immortal martial artists with access to magic, unique chi techniques, able bodies and brilliant minds. These cities should be like something out of Exalted.

I'd have Davos be redeemed as the guardian of Shao Lao, and then give Davos the ultimate redemption: Danny decides he must effectively be the Immortal Weapon of Earth, not just of K'un L'un. So while he may keep the title of Iron Fist as a past wielder, Davos is given the chance to face Shao Lao this time, and achieves it properly, allowing him to become the new Iron Fist to defend and represent K'un L'un, while Danny will become essentially the Immortal Weapon of all of the cities.

I'd then make Junzo the new big bad, or at least one of an attempt to give Danny some new villains. Explain that he's been gone from the last year or so of comic time meditating, training, having the Hand artificially accelerate his growth because of course a snotty teenager is eager to grow up. So he's now in his early 20's, he's a bit smarter and more dangerous, he still has his martial arts skills, sorcerery skills/powers, and he's combined the chi he stole from Iron Fist with some Hand techniques to make it something dangerous. And now that he's ready, he's going to try and get revenge on Danny for that last failure.

So now Danny has a genuine opponent with a connection to the Hand, so there's a real excuse for all kinds of Kung Fu on Ninja action, and an opponent who is a legit menace. Maybe give Junzo a new name and look to make him more dangerous. Though I'd have one of Danny and Junzo's big fights end with Danny catching Junzo's modified Iron Fist technique, and drain that energy out of Junzo, finally gaining all of the power that should by right be his. Junzo still has his Hand-enhanced chi abilities, along with his other abilities, so he remains a legitimate threat.

Be a good first step in giving Danny a decent enemy who isn't Davos.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh good! Someone DOES know this guy :). I remember you being familiar with that Heroes for Hire book, so I suspected.

I realize this last day was full of lesser names, but Iron Fist is a tough set. Most of the bigger names are grouped together, so you need to stat them out at once. And I came up with these guys at the end, having discovered them later.