Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Immortal Weapons! Black Dragon! Lionmane!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

The Circus of Crime suck so bad, but they're really funny to look at. I also discovered that there were even other Circus of Crimes, including one in the old west that fought Kid Colt.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Given the existence of the Cricus of Crime in Marvel, various clown-themed villains in DC, and the reflexive mistrust of circuses most role-playing gamers develop after exposure to Ravenloft... I might be amusing (in an Evil GM way) to have a completely honest and legit circus come to the city during a teen team or street-level superhero campaign.

Describe it all in detail. The colorful tents, the exotic animals (all healthy and well cared for, be sure to note that), the smell of popcorn and sawdust, the smiling faces of the children on the midway (where all the games are fair and fully inspected by the state, be sure to note that), and all the exotic performers (be sure to describe them in detail)... and just let the players work themselves into a frenzy trying to figure out what they’re really up to.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:24 am It’s been my experience that criminals who dress like circus performers usually aren’t the most stable of personalities...
And what about your boyfriends?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:20 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:24 am It’s been my experience that criminals who dress like circus performers usually aren’t the most stable of personalities...
He’s not a criminal who dresses like a circus performer.
Ken

Post by Ken »

No, but he has been known to dress like a circus performer. Is he stable... ;)

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:14 pm No, but he has been known to dress like a circus performer. Is he stable... ;)
Has Kori been saying something to you? Oooh, that puffy haired, yellow bitc— Uh. I mean... Yes. Absolutely.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ted Kord was in the circus?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ares wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Ted Kord was in the circus?
That would explain why DC started treating him like a clown... :x
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Moondark

Post by Jabroniville »

MOONDARK (aka Gina Langtree)
Created By:
Gerry Conway, Len Wein & Ross Andru
First Appearance: Marvel Team-Up #12 (Aug. 1973)
Role: Evil Wizard

-Moondark is an Evil Wizard who appears in a Marvel Team-Up issue featuring Spider-Man teaming up with Werewolf By Night. Moondark operates as a stage magician, but when a travelling Spider-Man comes to town, the spooked villain hypnotizes the Werewolf into attacking the hero. Spidey is able to tackle Moondark, who dies as he falls into the water.

-Seven years later, he returns in a later Team-Up issue, as the "Dark Beings" he worshipped resurrect him, and he tries to steal souls at a carnival for them. However, Johnny Blaze is one of his victims, and is discovered by Spider-Man when he performs at the same carnival. Spidey is captured, but manages to smash the ring that's holding all the souls, setting Blaze free. Moondark's demonic master arrives, and takes the only soul available- Moondark's.

-Later that year, he returns in Ghost Rider, attempting to take Blaze's soul in return for getting his own back. Beaten once more, he flees, and returns years later with Water Wizard, but is set on fire and sent away. He has not reaappeared in thirty years. Curiously, despite this bio reading very much like "the creator kept using his pet villain", the only recurring creator in this whole mess is Don Perlin, who inked two stories and drew another. I have no idea why they kept dragging Generic Sorcerer #362 out of the mothballs.

-Moondark uses my Magic Villain Template, but is pretty one-note- stealing souls using devices is typically his bag. He can shoot fire, create illusions, and send people into trances and teleport using the "Mist of Passage", as well as summon animals (vultures & cougars) to fight on his behalf.
Ken

Re: Moondark

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 pm cougars to fight on his behalf.
"Spider-sense tingling!!! Moondark has sent an army of 50-and-up MILFs and... wait. I can't fight the version of my Aunt May from the movies!"

KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Immortal Weapons! The Circus of Crime!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Somehow I don't think a guy who can shoot fire teaming up with a guy who has water powers is a good idea. Though now I have a dumb mental image of Ghost Rider's head flame being put out like Disney's Hades.
Jabroniville

Chtylok

Post by Jabroniville »

CHTYLOK OF THE CHE-K'N KAU
Created By:
Todd DeZago & Mike Wieringo
First Appearance: The Sensational Spider-Man #13 (Feb. 1997)
Role: Joke Villain
Group Affiliations: The Che-K'n Kau
PL 10 (78)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 10 (+8, +12 Size)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (24 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
"Chicken Senses" Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision) [3]
"Prehensile Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 22 (78)

-God, this name's been sitting in my "To-Do List" for eons, and I've been so busy with other projects that I never even THOUGHT to research him. Until now.

-A "WTF?" character from a dark period in Spider-Man's career, Chtylok is a deliberate joke of a beast- a 25-foot tall Half-Chicken, Half-Cow that inhabits an area just outside of the Savage Land. Worshipped in ancient times, it went into hibernation until the hole in the ozone layer above the Antarctic caused the ice around him to melt. He ended up in Monster Island, then fought the Hulk. Spider-Man got involved because he was helping Ka-Zar & Shanna the She-Devil to save Ka-Zar's jungle kingdom from flooding. And because Stegron the Dinosaur Man was leading an army of dinos against the human race again. The Hulk/Chtylok fight ended up intermingling with the Stegron thing, leading to a huge mess. The Hulk beat Chtylok eventually, then the heroes stopped the flood (which was caused by Roxxon Oil, because they're evil). Chtylok then eats the Roxxon exec responsible. I would imagine this story was mostly played for comedy.

-Cthylok is powerful enough to brawl with THE HULK for the majority of an issue, so I'd imagine he's pretty tough, but I'm giving him PL 10 status at-best. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wait,i'll go get Col.Saunders real quick..... :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

What hath Chik-fil-A wrought? First they taught cows to write, then they taught them how to walk on two legs... Now this.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

You can have your tri-tip and your chicken breast at the same time!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5