Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brer Rabbit! Ichabod Crane! Mr. Toad! Cinderella!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 am I also forgot to mention Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, which was a spin-off of ABC's Once Upon A Time, which was then a REALLY hot show. Unfortunately, the spin-off bombed, and OUAT itself soon fell off the pop culture radar, leading to several weak seasons.
I think OUAT Suffered from a bad case of Heroes-itis,as the Seaons were fantastic when they had Maleficent/Rumple as Villian's(mostly due to the Actress/Actor OWNING that roll),but struggled with it's identity when they weren't(the Neverland season is a good example of this).
Spectrum

Re: Lady Tremaine

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:24 am LADY TREMAINE
Played By:
Eleanor Audley
Role: The Wicked Stepmother, Horrible Bitch
Most Villainous Act: Turns an innocent girl into a slave in her own house because she's too pretty. It gets worse in the sequels.
Somehow, nasty as she is in the movies.. they left out a really nasty bit from the classic story.

You're right, the shoe.. and the foot that fit it, is tiny. Only the most delicate and fair could wear it, the Prince's one true.. love/lust at first sight. And so, the servant is sent across the kingdom, looking for the one that could be so fair. Lady Tremaine, realizing that her daughters' feet would never fit on their own, decides to cut off parts of their feet to help make it match. One of them actually fits but the servant notices the blood running from the stocking and dismisses it.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Recently, been watching videos from Brian Hull, a YouTube Disney fan. One of his big tricks is to talk to park character actors with Disney voices and get reaction shots. Easier to watch than explain.

I can't quite tell where the actors are between:
Oh, you're pretty funny, thank you for lightening my work day.
Oh, you're a f-ing freak, get the hell away, but to keep my job, I need to play along.

I've seen several videos about the selection process and expected behavioral guidelines, both incredibly strict, so leaning towards the later.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Peter Pan (Film)

Post by Jabroniville »

PETER PAN (1953):
Written by:
J.M. Barrie (original work), Ted Sears, Erdman Penner, Bill Peet, Winston Nibler, Joe Rinaldi, Milt Banta, Ralph Wright & Bill Cottrell

Arguably one of Disney's most famous movies, particularly for its era, and it's funny because it's one of the few that's REALLY famous for non-Disney-related stuff as well (things like Hunchback and Tarzan were overshadowed be the presence of famous predecessors)- while it's a famous movie, and EASILY the most recognizable version of any of the characters, it's also a famous play & book series. The fact that it popularized Tinker Bell (turning her into a mini-sex symbol) and Captain Hook did wonders, as well as the great set and character designs in general.

It's curious- watching this for the first time in years, I wonder why Wendy gets SO UPSET at being kicked out of the nursery. I don't know ANY kid that minded getting their own room, and she acts like it's the worst thing EVER. Also, holy balls- Mrs. Darling is GORGEOUS. Disney is basically incapable of making non-uber hot moms throughout it's run- people used to call this "Hot Shonen Mom" on TV Tropes, but F 'em- DISNEY codified this trope. And oddly, the dad is a bumbling, blowhard of an idiot with a hot, patient smart wife DECADES before it became the tired default of pop culture.

I always found it odd as a kid how SHORT the movie was- it always felt like as soon as they met up with Tiger Lily, the movie was basically just about over, and the whole thing felt super-rushed. And I think that's because my family's VHS cuts out the infamous What Makes The Red Man Red? song... gotta love, well, talking about why a certain race looks the way it does, which is of course terribly rude and un-PC in this day and age. Still nicer than the Mormon version of how it happened, though :). But there's a reason every other adaptation of this story pretty much leaves out the Indian Village. But in any case, the movie was only 76 minutes long, which is REALLY short- cutting out 3-4 minutes of a song makes it even worse.

Wow, Tink's butt is in a LOT of this movie. I mean, you may as well call it Peter Pan and Tink's Voluptuous Can, because BOY HOWDY there's a lot of that lower-half being shown. The whole plot is rather good, though- you see a lot of Peter's mischievous, jerk-ish nature (Barrie always insisted that you could see "the devil in Peter"), how attractive Never Land looks to young boys, etc.- they really pull off the whole "Land Of Adventure" thing, where there's a village of Indians and a ship full of Pirates and all sorts of other junk. Peter sort of represents what a LOT of little boys want to be- a happy-go-lucky, rebellious youth with no responsibilities, the power to do whatever he wants, villains to beat up, and NO ROMANCE! Yet... Peter's getting a lot of female attention. Tinker Bell, Wendy AND those frickin' nudist Mermaids are all after his body, yet he's either repulsed, confused, or shocked by all this attention. Very much in the vein of "I don't want to be with GROSS GIRLS!" way that young boys have.

Overall, it's a fine film, though short-lived (only an hour and seventeen minutes long). The villain is funny and has panache, Peter is a lot more mischievous than your usual Disney Protagonist (not to mention his sidekick actually attempting murder on a young girl out of jealousy), it's got Fanservice galore (Tinker Bell and the most scantily-clad Mermaids you'll see this side of Ariel- one only uses HAIR as a bra!), and there's a handful of good scenes in it. It changes a lot from the play (there's no "Tink drinks poison and has to be revived with the audience's applause" since that'd be hard to pull off in a film... not that Care Bears didn't try the same damn plot point in their second feature film), but keeps the overall theme of "growing up sucks/but you gotta deal with it". The whole thing is beyond iconic, which is why the original story still resonates with audiences- it deals with growing up, escaping responsibility (a trait most children love), it has The Lost Boys (the most iconic "gang of kids" ever), and a place of fun & adventure.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
-Peter Pan was HUGE, and has become by far the most famous adaptation of the story... which also has many OTHER iconic, notable adaptations, on stage and screen. Pretty impressive. Many of the characters within have gone on to become Disney icons- Peter is frequently seen at the parks, and Captain Hook is one of the first Iconic Villains of the studio- the oldest next to the Evil Queen as far as "people on tons of merchandise" go. But the REAL star of the film has turned out to be lil' TINKER BELL. The sexy little pixie has turned into an icon in her own right, being featured as the wand-swinging symbol of the studio, the "light" that arcs over the castle in their logo, and more. She's more prominent than anyone else in terms of merchandise, park presence and more- she even has her own line of books and movies! The Disney Fairies franchise became a big thing for Disney in the late 2000s, lasting for several years. Pixie Hollow even became a Meet & Greet Location, where Tink and her fairy friends got to interact with guests, while FRIGGIN' ARIEL lost her spot in favor of these interlopers, as Ariel's Grotto was closed. I mean, when you can "bump" Ariel, you know you're big.

This is one of the few films in which even the villain's SIDEKICK becomes a Meet & Greet Character, as Mr. Smee shows up in the parks as well. One of the biggest influences in the parks, however, has been Peter Pan's Flight, a very, VERY short dark ride that is nonetheless the most-packed attraction in all of Fantasyland, with hundreds of guests waiting in line to get on. It's a really neat little thing- the flight over London is an especially "You are THERE!" bit- you can really see why it's popular. But it's INFAMOUSLY packed at all times- use FastPass if you can, or get there early or late. It's really something when a non-thrill ride like this can boast lines close to those of Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.

The critics weren't in love with the picture, saying it changed too much of the original story, and the songs were pretty poor (it's true- they're all pretty bad). But animation-wise, it was really respected. Their "Sequel Era" saw a 2002 Return to Neverland film, but it wasn't really well-liked. Having seen it, I can't remember a single bit, but I think EVERYONE loved seeing Adult Wendy interact with a nervous Peter. One of the more popular Disney Junior shows is Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which also use Hook in an adversarial role.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Mary Darling, if you don't believe me:

ImageImage
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There was a pretty fun Peter Pan series that appeared on Fox (I believe it was called Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates) that was suppose to be very faithful to the original works.

Peter Pan is interesting in that he's definitely not your average good-natured, heroic Disney hero who at most will have a bit of a sense of humor. Peter Pan is this immature kid who enjoys getting into trouble, pulling pranks, and being kind of a jerk at times. He's very much a "fun personified" kind of character, but with no real sense of responsibility. Like Jab said, he's basically the embodiment of everything a little boy wants: he can fly, lives in a place with no adults, gets to go on all kinds of adventures, has a literal boys club, never has to grow up or take on any real responsibilities, and can enjoy being a general wise ass and jerk to whomever annoys him.

The Fox cartoon actually had several episode plots started by Peter causing trouble.

"What, this? Something I stole from the Snow Titan this morning, just to see if I could. Cause I'm awesome!"

*the harshest blizzard in the history of the universe hits Never Land like the fist of an angry god*

" . . . . I wonder if he noticed."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

One random thing I noticed is that there's no builds for Hook's crew in either the Disney or Hook versions, though since the pirates from the Pirate Fairy movie where Hook appears have a build, it probably wouldn't be too hard to work with those.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 pm Mary Darling, if you don't believe me:

ImageImage
it's funny, when my niece and I were watching Peter Pan with my little.....nephew....I guess?......first thing I said was "Wow, Mrs. Darling be fine"
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

oh and Tinkerbell is such a stereotypical ghetto chick. I mean. I mean watch her movements and head bobbing where you can almost hear her saying "Oh no you didn't just try to get your claws in MY man."

also....Peter's a playa man. Every chick wants to get with him.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:11 pm There was a pretty fun Peter Pan series that appeared on Fox (I believe it was called Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates) that was suppose to be very faithful to the original works.

Peter Pan is interesting in that he's definitely not your average good-natured, heroic Disney hero who at most will have a bit of a sense of humor. Peter Pan is this immature kid who enjoys getting into trouble, pulling pranks, and being kind of a jerk at times. He's very much a "fun personified" kind of character, but with no real sense of responsibility. Like Jab said, he's basically the embodiment of everything a little boy wants: he can fly, lives in a place with no adults, gets to go on all kinds of adventures, has a literal boys club, never has to grow up or take on any real responsibilities, and can enjoy being a general wise ass and jerk to whomever annoys him.

The Fox cartoon actually had several episode plots started by Peter causing trouble.

"What, this? Something I stole from the Snow Titan this morning, just to see if I could. Cause I'm awesome!"

*the harshest blizzard in the history of the universe hits Never Land like the fist of an angry god*

" . . . . I wonder if he noticed."

There was an episode of that I actively liked. It may have been a Christmas Carol type episode featured around Captain Hook where he's shown the past, present, and future.....and at some later date, he finds out that Peter has killed him.

He's buried and his hook is placed up on the marker. Peter comes in and gives his grave a bit of respect, which if memory serves me, actually makes Hook consider giving up his evil ways all Scrooge like. Then Peter flies off with his hook and starts to play with the Lost Boys.

"Hey that's Captain Hook's hook!"

"Captain Who? I'M CAPTAIN CLAW!"

and they all fly off happily....which of course righteously pisses off Hook and he makes it his station in life to actively try to destroy Peter when he gets back to his time, pretty much setting into motion the very events at some later date.

And he was Tim Curry, all around awesome villain and the voice I hear in my head whenever I read a comic with Dr. Doom.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 pm One random thing I noticed is that there's no builds for Hook's crew in either the Disney or Hook versions, though since the pirates from the Pirate Fairy movie where Hook appears have a build, it probably wouldn't be too hard to work with those.
Was literally just going to do that :).
Jabroniville

Peter Pan (Character)

Post by Jabroniville »

PETER PAN
Played by:
Bobby Driscoll
Role: Wild Child, Playful Hero
PL 7 (121)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 10 (+15)
Athletics 6 (+7)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Singing & Dancing) 4 (+7)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Equipment (Knife, Secret Tree Hide-Out), Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Fearless, Improved Critical (Knife) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improved Disarm, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"You Can Fly!" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"The Boy Who Never Grew Up" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Knife +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Fun & Games)
Relationship (Wendy)- Peter wants Wendy to be the "Mother" to him and the Lost Boys, telling them stories.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 16 (121)

-Peter is notably one hell of a fighter in the movie, and mops the floor with Captain Hook every time they fight, flying around and going all Muhammad Ali on him with dodging & weaving. He's actually MORE impressive in Fantasmic!, as you can actually watch REAL ACTORS shoot up and down the ropes & sails of an authentically-built PIRATE SHIP in the Rivers Of America during the final number. Something about live stage combat at it's most resplendant is unmatchable, ya know?

-Peter is... mischievous. I think it's not for nothing that he's become less iconic in Disney history than either Captain Hook or Tinker Bell, as he seems really unpleasant. He's cruel to his enemies, disregards the safety of his friends, and doesn't really CARE about anything. All he wants to do is have fun. The Disney Fairies books actually capture this pretty well, but insist he's quite likeable.

About the Performer: Bobby Driscoll was also in Song of the South, and was really big for Disney (becoming a bit of a Muse, in a rather creepy way- Disney says he saw Driscoll as "the embodiment of my own youth"), becoming an iconic Child Actor... complete with the tragic ending! Driscoll's career was huge as a young actor in many 1940s films, but Peter Pan was his last big success. See, as a Child Actor... Driscoll had ceased to be a child. A bad case of acne not only left him wearing tons of stage make-up, but also COST HIM HIS JOB, just as Disney had relied upon him for so many years. Perception as a "Disney Kid Actor" left him unable to get other work. Taken out of the Hollywood Professional School for child actors, he was placed into PUBLIC SCHOOL, where his past work left him derided and bullied. He was allowed to go back to Hollywood the next year, but the experience had left him taking drugs to cope- he'd even become a friggin' HEROIN ADDICT, because that was a rich man's drug. He got a bad reputation and became a public spectacle for his arrests, finally ending up a penniless addict. Two little boys found his dead body in New York City, as years of drug abuse had left his arteries hardened. His unclaimed body was buried in a pauper's grave, with his parents and Disney unaware of it until months later, after his mother got Disney to do some detective work so he could say goodbye to his dying father.

-BOY AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU JUST READ ALL OF THAT?? I myself had never heard this story, though many child actors of the day ended up in similar states- Judy Garland lived longer, but was similarly a wreck.
Jabroniville

Tinker Bell

Post by Jabroniville »

TINKER BELL
Played by:
None
Role: Jealous Girl, Sidekick, Miss Fanservice
PL 5 (106)
STRENGTH
-4 STAMINA -2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 16 (+14)
Athletics 6 (+2)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Stealth 0 (+4, +16 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Small Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
(-3 Strength, -1 Speed, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation)

"She Can Fly!" Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
"You Can Fly!" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, Affects Objects) [12]

"Pixie Light" Environment 1 (Light) [1]
"Pull Whiskers & Stuff" Affliction 4 (Fort; Vulnerable & Impaired/Disabled & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) [4]
"Never Grows Up" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-4 Damage, DC 11)
Pull Whiskers +6 (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness -2, Fortitude +2, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Fun & Games)
Relationship (Peter Pan)- Tink is homicidally-jealous of girls who get too close to Peter Pan, as Wendy discovers.
Rivalry (Wendy Darling)- She actuallys sets Wendy up TO BE KILLED by The Lost Boys.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 9 (106)

-Tink is the most iconic thing about this film, which is saying something when you consider that she doesn't even have a SPEAKING ROLE. She's pretty much there as a sexy little sprite (about the sexiest female character Disney had created until that point- and just think- they were doing the "small bust & large thighs and butt" thing EVEN THEN to throw in fanservice without offending anti-boob moral guardians!) who harasses Wendy & the Pirates, acts like a crabby fussbudget, and nearly gets everyone killed... yet she's popular enough to be featured in a huge-selling DVD series with one of those ludicrously-multiracial casts (is there a Native or Middle Eastern one yet? They got everything else!) that like I said, had their own Fantasyland "Meet & Greet Area".

-Tink was so sexy that people still think was based off of Marilyn Monroe, though her "live action test screen" performer Margaret Kelly was the real physical basis- she had the hips & legs to prove it, too! This was, notably, the first time Disney had REALLY amped up the attractiveness of a woman in one of their productions- Cinderella & Snow White were beautiful, but Tink was HOT.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamebook

Re: Jab's Builds! (Cinderella! Alice! Peter Pan! Tinker Bell!)

Post by Gamebook »

A quick Google Image search turns up some pics of said Margaret Kelly modelling for Tink.

Jabroniville

Captain Hook

Post by Jabroniville »

CAPTAIN JAMES HOOK
Played by:
Hans Conried
Role: The Big Bad, Pirate King
PL 7 (87)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Pirate) 9 (+10)
Expertise (Singing & Dancing) 2 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 1 (+2)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 2 (Pistol +4, Hook +1, Sword +2), Fast Grab, Startle, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
Movement 1 (Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to When Being Chased By A Crocodile) [1]

Equipment:
"Pistol" Blast 4 (Flaws: Full-Round Action to Reload) (4) -- (6)
  • AE: "Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Hook" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Hold) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hook +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Pistol +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Temper- Captain Hook is not a very calm individual. He'll shoot a man mid-credenza if he's being annoying, and even treats Smee terribly at times.
Phobia (The Crocodile)- Hook's hand was tossed to the Crocodile years ago, and the beast has hunted him ever since, eager for another taste. Hook cowers at the tell-tale "Tick-Tock" of the beast's clock (another thing he'd swallowed).
Enemy (Peter Pan)- Killing Peter Pan consumes Hook so much that he risks his entire crew mutinying.
Responsibility (Never Breaks a Promise)- Captain Hook promises not to lay a finger (OR a HOOK!) on Peter Pan, and so creates the usual villainous runaround on such deals.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 10 (87)

-Hook has a HILARIOUS lack of dignity in Peter Pan, being treated as a Butt-Monkey to fate as much as anything. He hams it up and flies off the handle like a good Disney Villain should, but he's frequently humiliated and turned into a cowering wreck to the point where it's hard to feel anything but SORRY for the guy. He was often handily beaten by Peter (and had to force Peter to accept to remain land-bound to gain the advantage), but is still a pretty decent fighter in his own right. In effect, he's a predecessor to King John, but is a good bit more bad-ass, despite his mortal terror of the crocodile. Hook is wildly over-the-top and incredibly sneaky and vicious, which has given him some fame- he's frequently seen in the parks, stars in Fantasmic!, and is arguably the wimpiest villain seen in the large "Disney Villains" groupings- I mean, he's a good swordfighter, but they put him up there with HADES and MALEFICENT!

About the Performer: Hans Conreid, as is tradition, plays both Wendy's father and Captain Hook himself. An actor of stage and screen, he was ideal for over-the-top villains- in addition to the sissy Hook, he played the Grinch, Snidley Whiplash, and others.

THE PIRATES
Role:
Buffoonish Henchmen
PL 4-5 (41)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 7 (+7)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Pirate) 4 (+3)
Expertise (Singing & Dancing) 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+2)
Persuasion 1 (+1)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment (Sword +2), Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Sword +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +0

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (41)