Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Kaa

Post by Jabroniville »

Would it surprise you to know that there are THOUSANDS of pictures out there on the internet like this one? Or that this is quite possibly the LEAST-creepy example I can find of the subject matter?

KAA
Played by:
Sterling Holloway
Role: Big Eater, Butt Monkey Villain
PL 8 (87)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+6)
Deception 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+4)
Expertise (Singing) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

Powers:
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Senses 2 (Infravision, Scent) [2]
"Sheer Length" Reach 2 [2]
"Large Size" Features 1: Increased Mass [1]

"Hypnosis" Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced & Vulnerable/Compelled & Defenseless/Asleep or Sleepwalking) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Perception Ranged) (Flaws: Vision-Dependent) [32]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Hypnosis -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 4), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Snakes cannot speak to humans, nor use their tails to easily manipulate objects.
Disabled (Senses)- Snakes have poor eyesight & hearing. Kaa's got a good sense of tone, though.
Weakness (Cold-Blooded)- Reptiles are cold-blooded- that is, their bodies are the same temperature as the air around them. As such, they are slow & sluggish in cold temperatures, and will die quickly if left in winter-like conditions. They must warm up before they are any good.
Motivation (Eating)- Kaa has few motivations beyond eating people.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 6 (87)

-Kaa is basically in two segments of the movie (which, as I've noted, is comprised of separate mini-stories), trying to eat Mowgli. I was most interested in the fact that he's voiced by WINNIE THE FREAKING POOH, and sings a song about how Mowgli should trust him, while he's trying to eat the boy. This is in sharp contrast to the book version, who was a mentor figure much like Baloo & Bagheera- I guess Reptiles Are Abhorrent in the Wonderful World of Disey, then.

-Kaa is a Python, and is quite enormous, despite being rather non-capable as a fighter compared to some of the others- Shere Khan & Bagheera are both better fighters. His main power is the evil Hypnosis that renders people either asleep or sleepwalking. Said hypnosis has led to a LOT of use in the "Weird Fetishes" communities, as numerous, NUMEROUS characters have been depicted with that distinctive "multicolored eyes" look as Kaa prepares to devour them. Exactly WHY hypnosis and eating people are fetishes is beyond me, but that's the internet for you.

About the Performer: Sterling Holloway played a lot of side roles in Disney features, but later moved on to much bigger things, playing the Cheshire Cat, Kaa, and more. His biggest role is easily as Winnie The Pooh. He was a bit player in many shows before that (radio and television), but obviously these were the most enduring performances.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Maleficent! Cruella de Vil! Bagheera! Baloo!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ya know i never saw the Jungle Book until its re-release in the 90s.

I had seen clip after clip on the Disney Channel and had a ton of little golden books based on it (hilariously little me drew cages in crayon around the animal in it) and knew all the characters and their motivations.

But when I finally saw the movie, probably at 10 or so...I just didn't care for it. It's alot like E.T. in that regard. I knew all about, had a ton of memorabilia from it, but didn't care for the movie itself.

That said I do get a kick out of the Bare/Bear Necessities song.

"See those bees up there? They're working too hard..."
Spectrum

Re: King Louie

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 am About the Performer: Louis Prima was one of the earliest musicians to embrace his ethnic heritage- back in the day, even Italians would often hide their heritage from American audiences. A jazz musician, he had a lot of hits in the '30s. He was a big name in music for years, but died fairly young, only eleven years after The Jungle Book was released, after having been in a coma for three.
Wow. I completely bought into Louis being based on Louis Armstrong rather than Louis Prima. A little amusing that they didn't go with Armstrong because of the racist overtones and ended up.. still having racist overtones 40 years later.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Shere Khan

Post by Jabroniville »

SHERE KHAN
Played by:
George Sanders (Bill Lee- One singing moment in "That's What Friends Are For")
Role: The Big Bad, Man-Eater, Dignified Villain
PL 9 (123)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 3 (+9)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+10)
Expertise (Singing) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 9 (+11, +12 Size)
Perception 7 (+10)
Stealth 8 (+11, +8 Size)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 3, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]
Speed 4 (32 mph) [4]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
"Cold-Based Hunter" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Cold) [2]

"Cat Agility" Leaping 1 [1]

"Striped Coat" Enhanced Skills 4: Stealth 4 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Dark Forests & Jungles or Plains) [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Protection 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Claws & Teeth +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Cats cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Phobia (Fire)- Shere Khan fears fire more than anything, and will flee instantly if he comes across it.
Enemy (Man)- Khan hates Man, and will relentlessly hunt Mowgli upon hearing about him.
Responsibility (Arrogance)- Khan is a proud individual, believing himself to be the grandest, most incredible individual who ever lived.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 12 (123)

-Shere Khan is a great, if not terribly memorable (seriously, Baloo, Louie and even Kaa are more well-remembered characters in this film), villain, only appearing in the latter third of the movie- he's horribly arrogant, fantastically charismatic, and his above-it-all English accent is PERFECT for the role. He's a bit too comedic in parts for me (scratching his chin and making funny faces all the time), but he acts like proud royalty like a good Lord of the Jungle- the scene where he threatens and nearly strangles Kaa for information is terrific in establishing him- he comes off as suave and like someone who's PLAYING kind, but is actually full-bore evil to the bone. The Khan of the original book is a lame (like... crippled, not sucky) Tiger who hunts man due to his injuries (a common trend amongst injured Big Cats- men REALLY suck at fighting off carnivores of this magnitude), but most versions make him a standard Bengal Tiger (slightly smaller than the Siberian). Khan was also the coolest part of TailSpin, a show I otherwise had little time for- Tony Jay played an awesome, bad-ass Corporate Mogul who was mostly mean but had a strong sense of honor and morality, making him the best kind of Anti-Villain.

-Shere Khan, as the villain, is two PLs above the next-highest-level characters, and would beat the HELL out of any of them- he's a tad weaker than my Siberian Tiger build (Bengals are smaller), but a better fighter, meaning that he's better than either Simba or Scar in terms of being a bad-ass Big Cat. In "The Jungle Book", he practically tears Baloo to pieces, easily defeating him (and a Sloth Bear is no pushover in a fight), and nobody else even dreams of challenging him. He's smart enough to catch Kaa lying to him, avoids his Hypnosis, and he's oh, so dignified. I wonder if you can have Expertise in that.

About the Performer: George Sanders was a semi-big name, appearing in TONS of stuff, though I've never heard of most of it. His suave, superior English accent made him perfect for villains. However, he struggled with dementia in his later years, and his slow decline and resulting suicide was famous enough that it got mentioned in shows like The Sopranos.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Builds! (Maleficent! Cruella de Vil! Bagheera! Baloo!)

Post by catsi563 »

Don't you think just this once that Natural Weapons should be replaced with "The other end has teeth!!" :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

The Aristocats

Post by Jabroniville »

The worst that one could say of The AristoCats is that it is unmemorable. It's smoothly executed, of course, and enjoyable, but neither its superficial story nor its characters have any resonance.
-Leonard Maltin

THE ARISTOCATS (1970):
Written by:
Tom McGowan & Tom Rowe (Original Book), Larry Clemmons, Eric Cleworth, Vance Garry, Julius Svendsen, Frank Thomas & Ralph Wright
-BLEH. A movie all about jazz music (one of my least-favorite genres) and basically being the exact same thing as 101 Dalmatians but with a butler trying to kill them instead of an interesting villain that owns the film. Every part of this feels like a retread (complete with Phil Harris doing his Baloo/Little John voice), and it's very weak. Eva Gabor plays the elegant, refined Duchess, and Harris plays O'Malley the Alley Cat, and my god, it's also ripping off Lady and the Tramp completely.

One of the few Disney movies that paint CATS in a positive light, this one came about because Walt wanted some more "animal pictures" for TV programming, but ultimately it got turned into a feature. Walt wanted the story to feature more on Duchess's desire to find good people to adopt her kittens, but after he died, the writers turned it into a 101 Dalmatians-type Action Comedy. The two villains, a butler and a maid, eager to assassinate the cat & kittens in order to inherit their dead owner's money, was turned into just a single butler in order to simplify things.

The movie was the last one that Walt personally greenlit- it was largely done after his death in 1967, following wrapping of The Jungle Book. It was also the last movie worked on by the Sherman Brothers, who'd worked for Walt for years- they left the studio following disillusionment with the Post-Walt organizational structure.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
-The movie did very well for the time, but didn't have much impact on Disney as a whole, who largely ignored the characters. Marie, the female kitten, is quite popular in Japan (which has a very strong obsession with cats, as well as cute things- making her one of the few Disney characters to match BOTH of those things)- Tokyo DisneySea features a big celebration of jazz & big-band music that features tons of appearances from Disney's biggest characters... and Marie, who gets her own solo number.

A sequel was planned in the 2000s, but John Lasseter becoming Disney's Chief Creative Officer put the kibosh on all sequels, as it was believed to be devaluing the Disney brand name.
Ken

Re: Shere Khan

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:39 pmAbout the Performer: George Sanders was a semi-big name, appearing in TONS of stuff, though I've never heard of most of it. His suave, superior English accent made him perfect for villains.
He was, of the three actors who played Mr. Freeze on Batman (1966), the one who gave the best performance. He actually conveyed menace. He was still funny at times, but in a classy way that didn't make him a clown.

He did forego the English accent, though. He used a German one, as Freeze's given surname was revealed to be Schimmel, which is so much better than "Fries".
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: The Aristocats

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:47 am THE ARISTOCATS (1970):
Written by:
Tom McGowan & Tom Rowe (Original Book), Larry Clemmons, Eric Cleworth, Vance Garry, Julius Svendsen, Frank Thomas & Ralph Wright
-BLEH. A movie all about jazz music (one of my least-favorite genres) and basically being the exact same thing as 101 Dalmatians but with a butler trying to kill them instead of an interesting villain that owns the film.
At least it wasn't based on the Aristocrats joke (seriously NSFW.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
slade the sniper

Re: Jab's Builds! (Periwinkle! Zarina! Fawn! Sleeping Beauty!)

Post by slade the sniper »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 am
slade the sniper wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:16 am o FYI in the Dark Fae game I am GM-ing...the players decided to eventually ALLY with Maleficent, kill off Snow White (she was a vampire anyway), took a job to kill off Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, and use magic to hook up Prince Phillip with The Evil Queen (after knocking her up...Phillip doesn't know...).

I thought I was being unique, but alas, Ares has the same sort of ideas.

Got any builds for the three good fairies?

And...King Louie = Christopher Walken...that was epic!

Thanks for the builds.

-STS
Haha, yeah, I remember you mentioning the Maleficent thing to me once before, either by PM or in my thread :).

I built the Fairies just a couple of days ago- you might have missed them.

Glad you're liking the builds still :)!
Found the Good Fairies...and apparently this Pixie Hollow thing. After my players finish stealing some souls from Hades, I sense that these "good fairies" might face some unseelie violence (they still have to knock off the three old school ones...pretty sure I can have them hanging out in this Pixie Hollow place (with some Planescape changes...) so it will burn in the never-ending hatred of Queen Maleficent and her estranged husband, King Jareth. Think that giant tree might a part of Yggdrasil? Is Pixie Hollow one of the Outlands...Perhaps Shao-Khan would like to some pixie slaves?

[it is a very weird game...]

-STS
Jabroniville

Robin Hood (Film)

Post by Jabroniville »

ROBIN HOOD (1973):
Written by:
Larry Clemmons, Ken Anderson, Vance Gerry, Frank Thomas, Eric Cleworth, Julius Svendsen & David Michener
-Robin Hood came out at a time when Disney's fortunes were a bit on the wane, and so some cost-cutting was required. After deciding to take the classic tale and make all the characters animals (a brilliant move- it instantly separated the work from the COUNTLESS Robin Hood adaptations out there, preventing it from falling to the problems that later affected The Hunchback of Notre Dame or other movies based off of very familiar stories), they started tracing some of their old work. Baloo from The Jungle Book was coloured brown and made into Little John, and certain sequences from that and The Aristocats were transferred over with Little John and Lady Kluck dancing in their stead. Even Maid Marian took hints from Snow White!

The movie is somewhat typical of Robin Hood tales- Robin & Little John are already allies (not having their famous meeting over the bridge), Friar Tuck is a friend, and they're all opposing the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham and the tax-hungry Prince John, desperately holding power while his brother Richard the Lionhearted is away at The Crusades. Little John acts exactly like Baloo, Robin is a clever trickster and survivalist, and John is a completely nancy-boy.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
-The movie proved popular enough that Disney was able to avoid such cost-cutting measures for the immediate future, and it was really well-received- I've yet to meet a person who really hated this movie. The whole "The Cast Is Animals" thing later became somewhat notorious for setting off The Furry Fandom (which I know quite a lot about, having a close friend who fell into it in the early '90s), which shifted from "Animal-People are Cool" to "I WANT TO BANG MAID MARIAN AND HAVE FURPILES!!!!!" quite dramatically a while ago, but it was really quite neat. A Drama Class I had in High School went into the theory that went behind the choices- Chickens were funny, so the Lady in Waiting character became one, Little John's size and friendliness was best reflected with Baloo the Bear's stature, Robin Hood was sly like a fox, Maid Marian was pretty and cute like a vixen, King Richard was OBVIOUSLY a Lion, and while Prince John was a sissy little mama's boy and thus not really fitting for a Lion and needed to be one just because his brother was... they turned him into a weak, scrawny maneless lion, making him look even MORE pathetic.

There's some hilarious bits with how Baloo acts like a sly hipster and The Sherrif of Nottingham acts like a corrupt Western hick- IN ENGLAND no less! The Robin Hood myth is one of the most famous stories in Western Literature (there are STILL arguments going on over whether or not Robin REALLY EXISTED, much less the multiple choice history of how he died (it's generally accepted that he wouldn't have ever encountered John or Richard), and what he actually did- various people added their own myths to the legend, just like King Arthur and his fabled Knights), and this one stands out from the whole lot.

Despite that, Disney really didn't seem to like it at first. It was the first movie okayed AFTER Walt had died, and the company apparently didn't care for it for years, and the critics savaged it, too. Yet everyone I knew watched it a billion times on VHS growing up- heck, the silly little whistling song later got fit into that absurd "HamsterDance" fad from the early days of the interweb!
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Cruella! Bagheera! Baloo! Shere Khan! Kaa! Robin Hood!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Cinderella:
Gazman wrote:Expertise (Bitch) 10 (+12)

Hahahahaha! That is awesome. And true.

*high five*
Arkite wrote:Now to see if we can convince him to give her Skill Mastery ;~)
Jabroniville wrote:oh it can be done :). I'll hold off on Ultimate Bitch for now, though.
Arkite wrote:Ugh, I'm kicking myself now.
How could I have missed Ultimate Bitch?! ;~)
Ichabod Crane:
Crinos wrote:You know, when I was younger I had these two on VHS, and I watched the hell out of the Sleepy Hollow sketch. Especially around Halloween.

The Horseman story in particular is kind of interesting because as a kid I sympathized with Crane, who was apparently being bullied by Brom Bones. But after reading up on it in TV tropes, I realized Brom was the hero of the piece: Crane was only interested in marrying Katrina for her money.
Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, it's funny to watch as an adult with no prior knowledge of the legend, because they outright say Brom was harmless at first, and Ichabod is shown lying, conninving and hoping Katrina's father dies!
Kreuzritter wrote:just rewatched it myself, wow, i completely missed how much of a glutton ichabod was, and even the van tassles move in, he's showing signs of being a pickup artist

in addition, the tale gets extra credit for nver making it clear if the horseman's brom or the real deal
Arkite wrote:
All I'd ever seen was the cartoon version as a kid and yeah... all I remember is the little geeky guy getting picked on by the big handsome guy and finally getting run off once he gets the cute girl's attention.
As I spent most of my life as the little guy getting picked on you can understand how I gravitated to Crane's side.
But now? To find out now that Crane was the badguy is just mind boggling.

On the bright side it's given me an excuse to watch another cartoon, and I always enjoy that! ;~)
Spectrum wrote:Its been a long time since I've seen one and rewatching it now. Amazing what can stay on Youtube sometimes.

I'm having a fun time compare/contrasting this against Beauty and the Beast. There are several rather similar characters. Gaston vs. Braum as the big boisterous man around town, Belle has elements of Katrina (pretty daughter of an outsider) and Ichabod (book nerd).

I'm sure that somewhere out there on the big wide internet, someone has spent entirely too much time on the subject.
Silvercat Moonpaw replying to my question about TaleSpin having such an odd focus around nostalgia for cargo planes:
Silvercat Moonpaw wrote:Considering it was partly influenced by Tales of the Gold Monkey I'd say yes.

And by "partly" I mean "the same way most Disney movies are 'partly' rip-offs of source material".
FuzzyBoots wrote:^_^ Tangential to your prior comments about Robin Hood and the furry community, Kaa enjoys a similar fame in the hypnosis and vore communities, generally seen in pictures hypnotizing and then eating fetching young cartoon girls (or photomanipulated celebrities sometimes).
Blitz, about the above wrote:Ahh, Internet. Every day you find new and exciting ways to hurt my brain...
haha, holy shit- Blitz/BriarThrone was commenting on my stuff all the way back in 2013 :).

Sword in the Stone quotes:
Horsenhero wrote:What amuses me about the shapeshift battle between Merlin and Mim is that it actually does take place in the "Arthurian Romance Cycle", but it was a contest between Taliesin and Llywarch Hen.

I know, I know...completely unrelated, but since I've been working on my Dux Bellorum campaign setting, I'm on a roll.
Narsil/Scots Dragon wrote:The reason Merlyn was forgetful-yet-precognitive in T.H. White's Once and Future King was, technically speaking, that he aged backwards through time in a Benjamin Button type setup, but was overall basically a living temporal paradox. His past was made up of things that had not yet happened, and his future was the things that already had. I think TV Tropes in all its insipidness calls it something like 'Merlin Sickness'. The effect on his memory was that he had a less-coherent version of the Doctor Manhattan viewpoint. He knew what was going to happen, he knew what had happened... he just didn't quite know which order they were happening in, or what point in history he was currently in most of the time.

Merlyn in the novels was also a lot more memorably-described, compared to the more simplistic design of the film.
luketheduke, who has since changed his name to L-Train or L-Ship or something :P wrote:I absolutely loved the Sword in the Stone as a kid (I'm with you on the awesomeness of shape-shifting into animals 8)) and for the longest time considered it one of my favorite Disney movies. Of course, my feelings of how great this movie is could be a bit obscured by nostalgia, as I haven't seen the movie for quite some time...

Oh and Incredibles totally rocks! I was bit worried when your 'What's left' list of Disney builds didn't mention it so I'm glad to see them here.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Periwinkle! Zarina! Fawn! Sleeping Beauty!)

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:40 am Found the Good Fairies...and apparently this Pixie Hollow thing. After my players finish stealing some souls from Hades, I sense that these "good fairies" might face some unseelie violence (they still have to knock off the three old school ones...pretty sure I can have them hanging out in this Pixie Hollow place (with some Planescape changes...) so it will burn in the never-ending hatred of Queen Maleficent and her estranged husband, King Jareth. Think that giant tree might a part of Yggdrasil? Is Pixie Hollow one of the Outlands...Perhaps Shao-Khan would like to some pixie slaves?

[it is a very weird game...]

-STS
Hey, you be nice to my beloved Fairies, now :).

oh, also, I found this pic on my old thread of Maleficent from Fantasmic!, which has taken the name "Murphy"- a reference to the fact that anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong with this thing:

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Robin Hood is probably my overall favorite Disney animated film of all time, though Big Hero 6 makes it more of a toss up (an if we discount Pixar films and Disney properties like Marvel and Star Wars). The film is just fun, a solid "in-medias-res" Robin Hood story where Robin Hood is already fighting evil and being a cunning outlaw.

Funny enough, for a Robin Hood movie, he doesn't actually use his bow all that often. There's the archery contest where he fires about four times, but apart from that he fires his bow maybe two or three times. It's just funny that the guy known for shooting a bow and arrow shoots the thing less than 10 times in a movie. But it is a Disney film and they can't have him do too much shooting that wouldn't be trick shots and the like.

Still, the dynamic between Rob and Little John is fun, the villains are all entertaining in cruel, stupid, pathetic bully sort of way, which of course makes Rob's outwitting of them all the more entertaining. The banter between Robin and Maid Marian is cute and you believe them as a couple, and Friar Tuck showed some real balls taking on the Sheriff at one point.

And like I said, it was interesting that they re-used the music from Philip's fight with Maleficent during Robin Hood's "escape the tower of fire" bit.

The movie was actually suppose to be a bit longer, with Robin getting injured during the escape needing to be rescued by a returning King Richard . . . the creators decided that would feel a bit too much like a deus ex machina and would lengthen out the movie too long, so they opted to have Robin escape, keep fighting the good fight, and eventually Richard comes in to fix things off screen. And honestly, this was not going to be the movie where Robin has a dramatic sword fight with the final boss, because John and the Sheriff are a bunch of morons and cowards. Having Robin get injured and need saving from these guys would undermine his cleverness and capabilities, whereas his discovery during the archery contest could be explained as Marian giving his secret away accidentally. With Robin Hood vs Prince John, it was more a duel of wits where John would set up clever traps, and Robin would Batman his way out them.

But yeah, overall, a really fun flick that's one of my favorite Disney films, period.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Kaa

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:45 pm Exactly WHY hypnosis and eating people are fetishes is beyond me, but that's the internet for you.
Without getting into too much detail, hypnosis is a common fetish as a form of dominance / submission. There are people who get off on it for the idea of having power over another person (frankly, with soft undertones of rape fantasy given the person is not consciously in control of their actions) and there are people getting off on it for the idea of being under someone's control (again, with undertones of the rape fantasy, total lack of control). And, of course, it's all mixed in with how "everyone" knows these days that you don't do anything under hypnosis that you wouldn't do normally, so much as with drinking, there's an idea of getting to be naughty with a built-in excuse that is not your fault.

Vore? No idea.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

There's a theory that the original Robin Hood story was a way clothing manufacturers in 'the olden days' advertised their merchandise, the story was full of detailed mentions of clothing. While it was obviously entertaining it also let the populace know what was available.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'