Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Black Cauldron! Tron! Great Mouse Detective! Ratigan!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:31 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 pmalso Vincent Price is the best in anything.
There are five episodes of Batman where Egghead was the lead villain that disagree with that statement.
maybe, but Masque of the Red Death and the Tingler counter that. Add in Witchfinder General and it's a blowout.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:47 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 am You're saying Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad is still huh? Well I never.....most unorthodox. MOST.
Funny you mention that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGw4SmxkryU

ah I love me some Internet Ultraman
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

and not one reply to Londo Mollari being in Tron too
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm and not one reply to Londo Mollari being in Tron too
Wait, was he the guy Flynn had to duel in his first game?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm and not one reply to Londo Mollari being in Tron too
the thing that was like racquet ball and the rings disappeared? yeah. Peter Jurasik
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Ares wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 pm
the thing that was like racquet ball and the rings disappeared? yeah. Peter Jurasik
Right, the deadly internet game of Jai alai. Huh. Learn something new every day.

"Mr. Flynn! How are you today? Perhaps you could put in a good word for me with your friend, Tron?"
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL- so I’m getting sweet, sweet comment sustenance, but only for the thing I DIDN'T build :). What, no Roger Rabbit fans in this joint?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'll have stuff to say once I get home.

M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Bob Hoskins was quite a big name here in Britain, I don't know which roles made him so famous though. I'd say most people under a certain age will probably know him best as Smee in Hook.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Roger Rabbit

Post by Jabroniville »

ROGER RABBIT
Played by:
Charles Fleischer
Role: Butt-Monkey Cartoon Character
PL 1 (82)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Toons) 6 (+5)
Perception 2 (+1)
Persuasion 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Benefit (Famous Toon)

Powers:
"Manic Toon Physiology"
"Toon Spaz-Out"
Movement 2 (Permeate 2) (Flaws: Unreliable) (Quirks: Leaves A Recognizable Silhouette Behind) [1]
Speed 3 (8 mph) [3]
Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Unreliable- One Use -2, Source- Hard Liquor) [1]

"You Can't Kill a Toon"
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [7]
Immortality 14 (Flaws: Limited- Acetone/Turpentine/Benzene Can Kill Toons) [14]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Through the Mail Slot/Slips Out of Cuffs" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Selective) (Flaws: Limited to When It's Funny) [5]

"Three-Foot Rabbit" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Quirk ("Two Bits!")- A Toon is always compelled to add "Two Bits!" when someone plays the opening bars of "Shave and a Haircut!". This can ruin disguises or attempts at Stealth.
Relationship (Jessica Rabbit)- When Roger discovers his beloved Jessica playing "patty-cake" (actually, it IS patty-cake) with Mr. Acme, he goes bananas.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 6 (82)

-Roger is basically a collection of numerous Cartoon Tropes of the Golden Age of Animation, being a clueless guy who bad things tend to happen to- effectively a Goofy-styled character. However, he's got a good heart and is one of the bigger stars in Toontown- meaning that some people think it's his WIFE who married up, and not HIM. Guys like Roger are tough, because they lack a lot of skills, and are COMICALLY stupid, yet are likeable enough to certain types. He has a collection of Toon Powers that make him quite a bit more expensive than he normally would be, particularly Immortality, Regeneration, lower size, Insubstantial ("but only when it's FUNNY") and the ability to spaz out and wreck stuff if he drinks liquor.

About the Performer: Charles Fleischer is primarily a voice actor, and did Roger, Benny the Cab, and two of the Weasels in this picture. His live-action stuff is usually minor roles in horror pictures, though he was Carvelli on Welcome Back, Kotter.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Great Mouse Detective! Ratigan! Who Framed Roger Rabbit!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

there just better be ALOOOOOOOOOOT of Jessica pics.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Interesting little details: In Eddie's office during a sweeping shot of the desk you will see a picture indicating that he, his brother and his father all worked at the Ringling Bros And Barnum & Bailey Circus. As clowns.
You also get a quick shot of a police photo which indicates him and his brother became cops at the same time as somebody captioned the shot: "New Clowns on the Beat".
If you look really close you'll see the red clown noses.

And, but the looks of it, the only cartoon related stuff you see in Eddie's office? Appears to be a Betty Boop doll.
Arkrite

Re: Roger Rabbit

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 pmAbout the Performer: Charles Fleischer is primarily a voice actor, and did Roger, Benny the Cab, and two of the Weasels in this picture. His live-action stuff is usually minor roles in horror pictures, though he was Carvelli on Welcome Back, Kotter.
The director of the movie had him on set so that he could at least say his lines when Bob was talking with Roger.
So of course the Director demanded that they make Charles a "Roger Rabbit" costume.
It looks just as ridiculous as it sounds.Actually it's more ridiculous than it sounds.
And it sounds like Charles wore it every day.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

yeah Roger was in Demon Knight
Jabroniville

Jessica Rabbit

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

JESSICA RABBIT
Played by:
Kathleen Turner (speaking), Amy Irving (singing)
Role: The Living Embodiment of Fanservice, Woman With Low Standards, Would-Be Femme Fatale
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 4 (+8, +13 Attractive)
Expertise (Toons) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Singing) 7 (+11)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 1 (+3)
Persuasion 4 (+8, +13 Attractive)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Daze (Persuasion), Equipment (Booby Trap), Fascination (Persuasion), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Toon Physiology"
"Because Sometimes, The Attractive Advantage Just Doesn't Cut It"
Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced/Stunned/Transformed to a Gibbering, Slack-Jawed Goon) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Reaction +3- Being Looked At) (Flaws: Fades, Limited to People Who Like Women) [24]

Features 1: Sultry Music Plays During Her Scenes [1]

"You Can't Kill a Toon"
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [7]
Immortality 14 (Flaws: Limited- Acetone/Turpentine/Benzene Can Kill Toons) [14]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Stupefying Hawtness +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +6

Complications:
Quirk ("Two Bits!")- A Toon is always compelled to add "Two Bits!" when someone plays the opening bars of "Shave and a Haircut!". This can ruin disguises or attempts at Stealth.
Relationship (Roger Rabbit)- Despite early appearances, Jessica is deeply in love with the Toon who can make her laugh.
Responsibility ("I'm not bad... I'm just DRAWN that way")- Jessica looks like a classic Bad Girl from a detective thiller, and as such has trouble convincing Eddie Valiant that she's on the up-and-up. Her tremendous... "assets" also make other women distrust her on sight. Might be due to how men act when they're around her.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 10 (118)

-Has any character in history EVER had a better entrance that Jessica Rabbit going through a curtain BOOBS FIRST and singing Why Don't You Do Right? while doing the "tease the men in the audience" thing? Like, what better introduction could any character ever have?

-Jesica Rabbit is basically what happens when you take all the pervy animators in the world and force them to create the hottest woman ever- she's so exaggeratedly hot that she goes from grotesque and unnatural to super-hawt again, no matter HOW bizarre her anatomy really is when you look at it. Scientific studies have basically proven that men are naturally attracted to an hourglass shape no matter HOW exaggerated it is. She has an exaggerated Veronica Lake look, with the bang hiding one eye, her giant eyelids nearly closing off her green eyes, and her tiny, sultrily-curled mouth. Her legs are ludicrously long, her waist is ludicrously tiny, her ribcage puts her chest WAY out, and her prodigious bosom bounces in the opposite direction most women's would, giving it an iconic "bounce". All in all, it could be grotesque, but totally works as an exaggerated version of the hotties old animators used to draw. The fact that the movie is full of jokes about how hot she is ("nice Booby Trap") to fit its PG rating is all the better. Also, KATHLEEN TURNER.

-Jessica is also a classic Bad Girl from the Noir movies, but averts it in the end. Her dark, sultry looks make her appear threatening, and the way she effortlessly flirts with men to the point of destroying their psyches could easily have made her the perfect villain. Thankfully, she avoids all that, because she truly DOES love her idiotic husband, much to the surprise/chagrin of all the men around her. Stuff like this is what gives false hope to dorks everywhere :).

-Jessica isn't an elite fighter, and has little to her in combat aside from being very athletic (and able to move pretty quickly in heels). Overall, her build (and WHAT a build!) reflects a standard Film Noir Dame, but for her staggering hawtness- she is so hot that she can bring an entire room to a drooling state just by tawking in- a Reaction Perception Area Affliction that slowly Fades (since people sorta get used to her... somehow).

About the Performer: Kathleen Turner is an iconic sex symbol of days past, and has the corresponding downturn in roles after she turned, say, about 35. Her lusty, deep, growly voice became an instant eye-opener, and makes her PERFECT for any sexpot role (and also works for aged characters, like Malibu Stacy's creator on The Simpsons)- nude work in Body Heat turned her into one the most sought-after people of the '80s and early '90s, and pretty much set off the whole "Sex Movie" craze in Hollywood, which Sharon Stone would later capitalize on. She once boasted that "on a night when I feel really good about myself, I can walk into a room, and if a man doesn't look at me, he's probably gay." A bad case of arthritis did major damage to her career in the '90s, as the resulting alcoholism and medication did a number on her looks- she notes that in her forties, "I started getting offers to play mothers and grandmothers".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.