Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Scar! Bonkers! Pocahontas! A Goofy Movie!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I will honestly say that Encino Man and Son In Law are....mostly....good?

Though in 8th grade, my class got to to go to the movies and it was a choice of Bio Dome or Jumanji...and we we all voted on Bio Dome for some reason.

We never went to the movies again....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

also Ducktales (wooohoo)

I mean hey if you're gonna do every Disney animated movie that got a theatrical release, go all out.
Jabroniville

Bigfoot

Post by Jabroniville »

BIGFOOT (Sasquatch)
Played By:
Frank Welker
Role: Temporary Threat
PL 5 (51)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+5)
Expertise (Dancing) 7 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+5, +xx Size)
Perception 2 (+1)
Stealth 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
"Large Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
"Ape Arms" Reach 1 [1]
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bigfoot cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 7 (51)

-Bigfoot is a one-off Joke Character in the movie, that provides some pretty big laughs. He roars and chases the heroes around (and chases Pete away in his giant R.V.), trapping them in a car, where they finally have their Father/Son connection (thus avoiding this being a pointless Big-Lipped Alligator Moment that moves nothing along). The best part is when he grabs the Walkman (yes, a WALKMAN) and finds himself slowly enjoying "Stayin' Alive", bopping his finger from side-to-side. Then, when Max & Goofy have a conversation in the car, he's seen in full-blown "John Travolta" with the dance in the background.

-Bigfoot is strong, but not actually THAT elite, since he still can't break into a car (a glass window is basically impenetrable to him). So he's a bit weaker than your typical Sasquatch.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 pm also Ducktales (wooohoo)

I mean hey if you're gonna do every Disney animated movie that got a theatrical release, go all out.
I can spend a day on that when I’m done here.
Jabroniville

Re: Roxanne

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 amAbout the Performer: I have no idea who Kellie Martin is, and have never seen any of her stuff. She played a lot of minor roles in the '80s, I guess, and even got her own series in 1994, called Christy (??). She was on ER for a couple of years, but her career has mostly been bit parts and, currently, Hallmark & Lifetime movie roles. She is currently playing the title role in The Hailey Dean Mysteries.
Long before that, she was one of the leads on the groundbreaking ABC drama Life Goes On.
yeah, this is one of those cases where I don’t recognize any of an actor’s work. I wasn’t even watching ER back then.
Jabroniville

Powerline

Post by Jabroniville »

POWERLINE
Played By:
Tevin Campbell
Role: The Greatest Rock Star In The Universe, Michael Jackson Stand-In
PL 2 (46), PL 3 (46) Defenses
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Expertise (Singing) 10 (+15)
Expertise (Dancing) 7 (+12)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Fame- Flaws: Limited to Teenagers)

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Biggest Rock Star In The Universe)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (46)

-One of the most famous aspects of this movie is the HELLACIOUSLY catchy set of tunes given by "Powerline", established early on as a rock star that basically every teen on the planet is obsessed with. The ENTIRE SCHOOL freaks out when Max imitates his music video, and Max more or less openly worships him (how many teen boys have 900 pictures of a MALE in their room?). It's a bit funny, because Powerline doesn't really look like a "1995 Rock Star"- he's more or less an early '90s version of Michael Jackson's '80s self, throwing on a neon yellow outfit with an atomic logo and some wild, impossible hair. Powerline actually gets no speaking role in this movie- he just SINGS.

-The film's climax sees Max & Goofy infiltrate his big concert in LA (big enough to be shown live on Pay-Per-View), both simply falling onto the stage for the final number. Powerline thus establishes some Vanilla Ice-caliber "rolling with it", being impressed with Goofy's dance (The Perfect Cast, but without rod & reel), mimicking it after seeing it exactly once, and finishing the number with only a couple of surprised looks to show for TWO RANDOM IDIOTS JUST DIVE-BOMBING THE STAGE.

-Powerline more or less stats up as a simple Bystander with high charisma and talent, plus some good Insight and Will, considering he didn't lose his shit the second a screaming Goofy fall next to him on stage. His Fame is sadly Limited to Teens, as both Goofy and Principal Mazur appear entirely clueless as to who he is. As for his Singing rank- up yours, YOU listen to I2I and tell me he ain't got fifteen ranks! I'll fight you!

About the Performer: Powerline was portrayed by lesser-known musician Tevin Campbell, who actually has FIVE Grammy nominations from the early '90s, which probably explains why I have no idea who he is. He'd worked with Babyface and other "known only to R&B fans" artists, and largely disappeared from the public eye by the time A Goofy Movie came out. He was in Hairspray from 2005-2011 on various stages, including Broadway, keeping him busy, but his comebacks have turned out to be nothing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 pm also Ducktales (wooohoo)

I can spend a day on that when I’m done here.
okey dokey
Jabroniville

An Extremely Goofy Movie

Post by Jabroniville »

AN EXTREMELY GOOFY MOVIE (2000):
Written by:
Scott Gorden

This movie's an odd fit- it's basically a sequel to A Goofy Movie, and uses the same general "Father & Son Have An Argument Then An Understanding" plotline, but involves the then-trendy X-Games as an overall theme, ISN'T a musical, and it's missing one of the major characters of the first film. Max, P.J. & Bobby (playing a major supporting role this time) are going away to college, leaving Goofy with an acute (and actually heart-rending) case of Empty Nest Syndrome. Max, meanwhile, couldn't be happier to leave, though as a college student, he's SLIGHTLY nicer to his dad in this one. Goofy, upon getting fired from his Assembly Line job, ends up going to the same school in order to make himself more hire-able, which of course embarasses the hell out of Max. They blow up, then make up, etc. Pretty much the same as the first one.

There's a few odd things about this one- Pete seems to be a "free man" once P.J. leaves, implying he's got no other children. Again, no sign of Peg or Pistol here. Goofy's working a different job for some reason, despite this evidently being the same continuity (or else why include Bobby, or the same cast as the last film?). But there's also NO ROXANNE, which is perhaps understandable (it's been 2-3 years, so they could have theoretically broken up), but is odd considering she was the impetus behind the WHOLE FIRST MOVIE. While it can be undestandable that they'd go a different route and not want more baggage for the hero, Roxanne was SO MUCH FUN in the last movie that it's a shame she's basically Chuck Cunninghammed out.

The weirdest part? Goofy gets straight "A"s in school. GOOFY.

The X-Games theme, combined with the whole feud against "the cool Rich Frat" is just silly and doesn't feel right here, and hurts the entire film- every scene NOT involving the X-Games is pretty good. Only Goofy & his new girlfriend dancing disco can help make up for it, in addition to some funny stuff at the Generic College Poetry/Coffee Hang-Out. Of course, Goofy slowly walking up the stairs and into Max's now-empty room, where he slowly sobs while holding Max's old teddy bear is probably the best overall moment. Who would have thought GOOFY would be the Disney Character capable of evoking the most pathos? Or that he could get a ROMANCE that was actually both cute and MADE SENSE?

The movie's just... a disappointment. A Goofy Movie was very touching, full of great scenes, had some AMAZING musical numbers, and contrasted different parenting styles enough to actually make you THINK. The sequel is really just "Every Sports Movie Ever" with a weak version of the Max/Goofy relationship plot. Christ, the bad guys are even a bunch of rich fraternity douchebags (the leader is actually named Bradley Uppercrust III). It's just so... paint-by-numbers. And the adherence to the X-Games and rollerblading make it look cloying and "look how cool we are!" in a way that the first movie wasn't- like the silly scenes where Max rides a skateboard and dunks a basketball, but extended for the entire feature.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
-Basically none. It's generally considered disappointing and not as good with the father/son dynamics as the first movie, and it also gets crapped on for simply dropping the Roxanne character like she never existed. In fact, BY FAR the most commonly-hyped aspect of this movie is "Beret Girl", a character WITH NO GIVEN NAME, simply because she's cool-looking and played very well by Vicki Lewis. There was no third movie in the sequence, but this in itself isn't really that damning, as most of the sequels in this era were singular. It has a pretty bad Rotten Tomatoes score, but it's actually a touch better in that regard than its predecessor- it's just that A Goofy Movie has become a major Sleeper Hit and is very well-thought-of, and this movie's barely considered at all. That it's dated in the bad way (THE X-GAMES?!?!?) doesn't help- it makes it nowhere near as cute as the first movie and its armada of flannel shirts.
Jabroniville

Beret Girl

Post by Jabroniville »

BERET GIRL
Played By:
Vicki Lewis
Role: Interesting Background Character
PL 1 (30), PL 3 (30) Defenses
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Poetry) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Dancing) 3 (+6)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Attractive

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +1 (DC 11), Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (P.J.)- Beret Girl can see the poet's soul in P.J., and finds him attractive despite being a younger version of Pete. Apparently seducing hot babes runs in the family.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 2 (30)

-The character usually known as "Beret Girl" has one of those debut scenes that is the most memorable part of her film- your classic slinky female poet (has anyone ever seen a poetry-reading NOT be used for comedy, in anything ever?), she hits home with a completely ludicrous, pretentious and hammy "Life Is Like A Lime" poem, and then throws out a ton of interesting dialogue for all of her other scenes. Played with aplomb by Vicki Lewis from "Newsradio" (a show I find extremely over-rated, having watched it long after it was cancelled and people weeping over it's dark humor which isn't really so dark anymore), it's too bad she didn't have more lines- she's easily the most fascinating character in the film, and not just because of the skin-tight black outfit. The scene where she rips on Bradley and chases him off with a POEM while snapping her fingers (getting the entire coffee shop to do the same- which has to be the first time I've seen finger-snapping used to pwn somebody).

-Ya wouldn't think a tiny lil' girl like this could be intimidating, but how else do you figure out that scene where she leads a coffee shop full of people in finger-snapping at Bradley and his posse, driving them nuts and out of the place? Persuasion via annoyance, maybe? She's also got enough Insight to tell that Max & P.J.'s "Cool" circumvents Bobby's "Fool".

About the Performer: Vicki Lewis has a neat voice, but a... non-standard celebrity appearance- a combination that makes her a great Voice Actress. She is most notable for her role on NewsRadio, playing a role that Kathy Griffin more or less aped completely for Suddenly Susan, and for a brief role in the Emmerich Godzilla movie. Her post-1990s career is almost entirely voice-based stuff, like Finding Nemo (Deb & Flo), Mission Hill (Posey), King of the Hill (a one-off), and more.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pocahontas! A Goofy Movie! Max! Pete! Powerline!

Post by MacynSnow »

You know, while part of me missed Roxanne not being in the sequel, i could TECHNICALLY see how it didn't work out for her&Max.I mean,what did they really have in common besides Powerline?...
Also,for some reason i could never fathom,the 'Beatnik passive-aggressive Attack'(i DARE you to sit there jab and tell me to my Internet face she wasn't a Riff on the sub-culture!) at the Coffee house always freaked me out...
Jabroniville

Bradley

Post by Jabroniville »

BRADLEY UPPERCRUST III
Played By:
Jeff Bennett
Role: Every Rich Athlete Douchebag Ever
PL 3 (43)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+7)
Deception 3 (+7)
Expertise (X-Games Athlete) 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit (Wealth)

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (Max)- Bradley takes a disliking to Max immediately, thinking him uncultured and
Motivation (The X-Games)- Bradley is apparently dominant at the X-Games. He will even sacrifice the safety of his own teammates in order to win.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 1 (43)

-God this guy is weird. Basically taking every "uptight rich boy" character from every College Movie ever and marrying him to every "rich, cheating athlete" character in every SPORTS Movie ever, An Extremely Goofy Movie uses Bradley Uppercrust III (actual name) as its big villain. The character is absurdly one-note- he's simply a sarcastic, smirking douchebag for the ENTIRE FILM, and is then shown to be cruel, callous and dishonest. He also doesn't have a really interesting design, or a good motivation (he's an upper-crust elitist... who wants to win the X-GAMES? The sport of rebellious, tattooed dorks?), and worst of all... this movie DOESN'T NEED HIM. I mean, was there anybody who watched A Goofy Movie and thought that Max needed a "Rich Student" antagonist? In the finale, Bradley nearly gets his teammate Tank killed in order to get revenge on Max's team for winning, resulting in Tank slingshotting him into the X-Games blimp.

-Bradley is a mix of Rich Preppy and Douchebag Athlete, but has a low Will Save, being easily intimidated by a bunch of finger-snapping beatnicks.

About the Performer:
Jeff Bennett is one of the most-credited people in animation, appearing in basically everything ever. Gargoyles fans will recognize him as Brooklyn, but he's good enough with his voice to have played varied roles- his Bradley Uppercrust III sounds nothing like Brooklyn, nor Owen Burnett, nor Clank from the Disney Fairies franchise, nor his best-known role, JOHNNY BRAVO. Honestly, he's probably the most versatile of any of the "Big Names" of Voice Acting- I can pick out Rob Paulsen & Jim Cummings with ease in any of their roles these days, but Bennett's somewhat-nasal-but-deep voice can be easily disguised.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 am You know, while part of me missed Roxanne not being in the sequel, i could TECHNICALLY see how it didn't work out for her&Max.I mean,what did they really have in common besides Powerline?...
Also,for some reason i could never fathom,the 'Beatnik passive-aggressive Attack'(i DARE you to sit there jab and tell me to my Internet face she wasn't a Riff on the sub-culture!) at the Coffee house always freaked me out...
It makes sense that not everyone stays together from high school, but to drop one of the best parts of the movie with zero explanation was a stupid move that guaranteed fans would dislike the sequel.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The best scene in the movie is, of course, this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7Ledwpdw8
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I don't think you can post about A Goofy Movie and not include this live-action remake.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Bradley

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 am About the Performer:[/b] Jeff Bennett is one of the most-credited people in animation, appearing in basically everything ever. Gargoyles fans will recognize him as Brooklyn, but he's good enough with his voice to have played varied roles- his Bradley Uppercrust III sounds nothing like Brooklyn, nor Owen Burnett, nor Clank from the Disney Fairies franchise, nor his best-known role, JOHNNY BRAVO. Honestly, he's probably the most versatile of any of the "Big Names" of Voice Acting- I can pick out Rob Paulsen & Jim Cummings with ease in any of their roles these days, but Bennett's somewhat-nasal-but-deep voice can be easily disguised.
Seriously, his Behind the Voice Actor's page is nuts. And includes one of my favorite animated versions of Captain Marvel. :D
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.