Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Hsien-Ko! Anakaris! Jedah! Archer Builds!)

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote:
Spectrum wrote:Folks that are new to the Jab channel, welcome! :)

It's also not necessary to quote entire builds in order to make mention of them.
It would have been fine on the old forum, but the new one has 15-post pages, so quoting a whole build makes for an extra-long (hee hee) page. Which... really shouldn't be an issue, I guess, but I'm weird. And so is Spectrum, apparently :).

Oh yeah, re: Archer builds. Has anyone seen Moonbeam City, aka Archer if it had a much worse cast and less funny jokes, and also '80s-looking stuff? Because WOW was that ever an unoriginal idea. I liked the art style, but the main cop couldn't have been more like Sterling Archer if he tried.
I see what you did there! :P

Wow, something even worse than the horrible drek that is Archer. I'm almost tempted to find it to see how bad it could actually be.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

While on the subject of the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard, does D'Ken have a build? I looked around on the threads, and it doesn't look like it.
HalloweenJack

Re: Pam

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Image

-And also... not gonna lie- I totally would.

me too buddy. me too.
Confess to finding Mrs. Krabappel sexy and you and I just might be Lust Twins.

I always did actually. You only get ONE chance with Edna Krabappel
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

While episodes from Season 5 & 6 could be a bit hit or miss, Archer is still one of the most consistently good shows on TV and H. Jon Benjamin is a fantastic voice actor. It's because of him that I made myself watch Bob's Burgers (I found the first season pretty rough) and I'm glad I did because I ended up really like that show too.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Manta

Post by Jabroniville »

MANTA
Created By:
Chris Claremont & John Byrne
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #137 (Sept. 1980)
Race: Unknown (manta-like race)
Role: Filler
Legionnaire Basis: None known
Group Affiliations: The Shi'ar Imperial Guard
PL 10 (104)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+5)
Insight 4 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Technology 1 (+2)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Imperial Guard, Ambidextrous), Equipment 2 (Anti-Gravity Device), Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Blinding Light" Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20) -- [21]
  • AE: "Light Control" Environment 2 (60 feet) (Light) (4)
Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Equipment:
"Shi'ar Anti-Gravity Device"
Space Travel 1 (1)
Immunity 7 (Suffocation 2, Cold, Hot, Radiation, Vacuum, Pressure) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blinding Light +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Shi'ar Imperial Guard)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 14 (104)

-Manta's pretty one-note, though not named for a Legionnaire. Just a Blinding-based character, who was actually created by John Byrne in the post-Cockrum Guard. She stuck around, but hasn't done overly much, but she's useful for team battles, like most sense-affecters. Her look is inventive and nice, resembling a do-nothing female villain named "Ion", with a creepy pale face and a big flowing cape.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Mentor

Post by Jabroniville »

MENTOR
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #107 (Oct. 1977)
Race: Unknown (green-skinned race; Shi'ar facial markings)
Role: Smart Guy
Legionnaire Basis: Brainiac-5
PL 10 (160)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+11)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 5 (+12)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+11)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 9 (+11)
Persuasion 3 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 6 (+13)
Vehicles 4 (+9)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Computer Brain"
Quickness 8 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [4]
Immunity (Aging) [1]
"Universal Translator" Comprehend (Languages) 4 [8]

"Detect Weaknesses"
Senses 4 (Detect Weakness, Acute, Ranged, Analytical) [4]
Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 6) (Quirks: Limited to When Studying For 2-5 Rounds -2) (10) -- [11]
  • AE: "Nerve Pinch" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Quirks: Limited to When Studying For 2-5 Rounds -2) (6)
"Force Field Belt" (Flaws: Removable) [12]
Force Field 8 (Extras: Impervious 7) (15 points)

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Detect Weaknesses +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+10 Force Field, +4 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 12 (160)

-Mentor is an obvious homage of Brainiac-5 of the Legion, looking even MORE like the standard Brainiac. He's even green! But Marvel kinda gave him a different bent, by giving him powers like a mix of Brainiac-5 and Karnak of The Inhumans, giving him an ability to detect and exploit weaknesses. He's Skilled as hell, very smart, and goes over his PL's points cost, because he's such an important member of the Guard. He even became Praetor of the Guard after Gladiator moved up to Emperor of the Shi'ar, by virtue of his leadership abilities and tactical genius.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Neutron

Post by Jabroniville »

NEUTRON (aka Quasar I)
Created By:
Race: Stygian
Role: Big Dumb Brawler
Legionnaire Basis: Star Boy (but shares few of his powers)
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+4)
Insight 1 (+1)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Attack (Earth) 2 (+10)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Close Attack, Fast Grab, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Hyper-Dense Core" Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Weaken Powers 10 (Flaws: Limited to Energy Powers) [5]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) [9]
Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) [11]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Weaken Energy +9 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 12 (139)

-Neutron started life as "Quasar", before Wendell Vaughn ever took the name, giving us a common problem with a team of thirty throwaway one-shot designs: just throwing names out there, you end up with more than a couple that are really good, and worth stealing. Renamed to Neutron, he's sorta like Star Boy in design (starfield costume), but shares none of his powers, being a Flying Brick who's a bit of a musclehead. He was booted off the Guard at one point (he betrayed Lilandra for her sister Deathbird), but returned because someone pretty much forgot about all that. He's one of the cooler-looking, and thus highly-recurring, members of the Imperial Guard. So much so, that when he was killed by Vulcan, he was soon replaced by a fellow Stygian with the exact same look.

-Neutron's a Flying Brick in stats, with a few side-powers. He can drain the power of Quasar II's energy constructs, fly under his own power, and is basically a Life Support Space Guy on top of things. He's not very fancy in combat, but he'll get the job done. Note that he "Absorbs energy to boost his strength", but I'm pretty sure that's just a fluff description for how strong he normally is, absorbing energies from the atmosphere or whatever. Another note is that he was weak enough to be KO'd by Wolverine's bare fists in his first appearance, though it seems he's later on been shown as more durable.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Nightside

Post by Jabroniville »

NIGHTSIDE
Created By:
Race: Unknown (blue-skinned humanoid, non-Kree)
Role: Team Assists
Legionnaire Basis: Shadow Lass
PL 9 (139)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Stealth 8 (+11)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Ranged Attack 3, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers:
"Darkforce Powers"
"Coils & Coldness" Affliction 9 (Fort; Hindered, Vulnerable & Fatigued/Defenseless, Immobilized & Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Extra Condition +2) (37) -- [41]
  • Dynamic AE: Movement 1 (Darkforce Dimension) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Attack 10, Portal +2) (15) -- [17]
  • Dynamic AE: Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (9)
Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Coils & Coldness +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 18 (139)

-Nightside's a rip of Shadow Lass, but has the added bonus of being part of Marvel's common "Darkforce"-themed characters, which gives her some extra bonuses that the Legionnaire does NOT have, namely the Dimensional Movement power with Portal, Attack & a "Freezing" Power on it. She's nowhere NEAR as versatile as Darkstar or Cloak, though, having only a pair of Alt-Effects.
Jabroniville

N'rill'iree

Post by Jabroniville »

N'RILL'IREE
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #155 (March 1982)
Race: Unknown (monstrous red-furred race)
Role: Monstrous Hero
Legionnaire Basis: None
PL 9 (103)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Expertise (Animal Handling) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation (Underwater) [2]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Swimming 6 (30 mph) [6]

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 12 (103)

-This complicatedly-named fellow was one of the cooler mid-range Imperial Guardsman, being a giant red kitty with webbed ears, and not fitting the Legionnaire/Guardsman example so dramatically. Of course, like all the other Guardsmen created after their debut, he vanished until years later (writers apparently just plum forgot about him- even MARK GRUENWALD, who remembers EVERYBODY!), reappearing in a cameo crowd scene. Not much is known about N'rill'iree, and I basically just guessed on that whole "Underwater" dealie because of his ears, but what the hell? He's a moderately good background Powerhouse. He's apparently an homage to a Larry Niven "Known Space" race of beings known as the Kzin.
Jabroniville

Onslaught

Post by Jabroniville »

"I'm not responsible for Heroes Reborn! Now leave me alone!"

ONSLAUGHT I
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Greg Capullo
First Appearance: Quasar #32 (March 1992)
Race: Unknown (pink-skinned humanoid)
Role: Melee Fighter
Legionnaire Basis: Karate Kid
PL 9 (119)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+11)
Expertise (Space Hero) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 4 (+5)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 7 (+8)
Technology 2 (+3)
Stealth 4 (+11)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit (Imperial Guard), Defensive Attack, Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Enhanced Super Martial-Arts" Strength-Damage +3 [3]

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Super Martial-Arts +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (119)

-Onslaught (now THERE'S a name they won't be using again any time soon... silly Imperial Guard and their coming up with copy-able names) was a one-note Karate Kid rip-off, who buffetted Quasar around a bunch before Wendell clued in and put up a suit of Light Armour that hurt the poor copy's fists. He had no personality shown and you couldn't really tell what his powers were, but he was obviously tough enough to hurt Quasar through his most basic shielding, so I'm going with a standard PL 9 Chi-Guy build (aka "Does Extra Damage With Punches"). He can use his MANY varied Cap-Switchers (Power, All-Out, Defensive) to pummel at up to +11 Damage if he needs to.

-And God, is that the worst super-hero uniform ever or what? All credit to Gruenwald for trying to invent new Guardsmen to fit the unused Legion of Super-Heroes characters, but WOW did Greg Capullo (the artist) let everyone down on this. This guy's just some loser in a jumpsuit with the Jim Lee Half-Helmet going on! What were they thinking? "Oh, we'll never see this guy again, so I'm not gonna waste any of my costume-building energies on him." Huh, now that you mention it, I kind of get why he, Hardball, Voyager & Glom are so lame. If I were the artist on Quasar, *I* wouldn't waste good super-hero costume designs on those losers, either! Only Dave Cockrum had enough inventiveness to freely give Shi'ar losers the great costumes and still have some left over.
Jabroniville

Oracle

Post by Jabroniville »

ORACLE (aka Lady Sybil)
Created By:
Race: Unknown (white-skinned humanoid race)
Role: Team Telepath
Legionnaire Basis: Saturn Girl
PL 10 (123)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Ranged Attack 3, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Mind Control 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (40) -- [46]
  • Dynamic AE: "Telepathy" Mind-Reading 10 Linked to Communication (Mental) 3 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area, Selective) (39)
    Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Ranged +2) (31)
    Dynamic AE: "Telelocation" Senses 4 (Detect Minds- Ranged 2, Acute) (Feats: Dynamic) (4)
Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Mind Control/Mental Stun -- (+10 Perception Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-One of the more useful Guardsmen due to her Telepathic powers, Oracle is nonetheless pretty reliant on her teammates, since she has little in the way of defensive power. Her Stun is really good, but the rest of her is horribly vulnerable to attack. I do like the pastel look of her costume though- it's very stand-out and bizarre. Avoid the '90s versions, as they tend to have obvious '90s hair and mohawks and crap for whatever reason. A level-headed member of the team, Oracle is often seen leading "Away" missions from a Mothership of some sort- she was frequently seen leading strategy meetings during the Hickman Avengers- Infinity Mega-Arc. At least five of the seven-thousand issues that made up that storyline featured her in some kind of role.

-And yes, she really once shared a name with Lord Grantham's youngest daughter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Plutonia

Post by Jabroniville »

PLUTONIA (N'zyr)
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Igor Kordey
First Appearance: The New X-Men #124 (May 2002)
Race: Unknown (purple-skinned humanoid)
Role: Blaster
Legionnaire Basis: None
PL 10 (153)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit (Shi'ar Imperial Guard), Equipment 2 (Anti-Gravity Device), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Phasing Through Body Trick" Damage 9 (Extras: Penetrating, Affects Corporeal) (27)
  • AE: Power-Lifting 2 (100 tons) (2)
Protection 6 [6]
Insubstantial 4 [20]
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]

Equipment:

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Phasing Attack +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +11, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss/Weakness (Webbing)- If the Symbiotes use too much "Webbing", they will lose strength, or the ability to produce more, having used up too many of the symbiote's cells.
Power Loss (Fire & Sonics)- The Symbiote Race fears both fire and extremely loud noises. Being in proximity to either weakens them to the point of losing all his abilities, moreso with more powerful applications.
Weakness (Fire & Sonics)- Similarly, the Symbiotes take extra damage from fire and sonics. This depends on the writer (or the GM).

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 11 (153)

-Plutonia's one of the most common modern-day recruits of the Imperial Guard, debuting during the Morrison/Quitely era and, based off of her unique appearance, actually stuck around later (whereas most of the others were easily beaten and quickly forgotten), and ended up dating Smasher, then getting a crush on Mentor (who has less of a tendency to die in every story). She mixes and matches various powers similar to The Vision, which makes her quite useful in battle. I'm not sure if she has a Stamina score, can survive in space on her own, or just wears armor to gain these powers, since like most of these guys, she just shows up in panels here or there, but here she is anyways.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Scintilla

Post by Jabroniville »

SCINTILLA (aka Midget)
Created By:
Race: Unknown (humanoid race)
Role: Shrinking Hero
Legionnaire Basis: Shrinking Violet
PL 10 (129)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+8, +20 Size)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Shrinking 16 (3 inches) (+16 Stealth, +8 Defenses) (Extras: Normal Strength & Speed) [48]
"Sneak Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Flaws: Limited to When Shrunk, Limited to When Opponent is Denied Dodge Bonus) [0.5]
"Increased Accuracy" Enhanced Close Attack 4 (Flaws: Limited to When Shrunk) [2]

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Small Size +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Small Size Sneak Attack +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (+16 Shrunk, DC 19-27), Parry +9 (+17 Shrunk, DC 19-27), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 21--10.5 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 50.5 / Defenses: 10 (129)

-Scintilla dropped the first codename she had early on (though scientifically-speaking it's actually correct- she'd be a proportionate but tiny person), and became a pretty generic Shrinking Violet rip-off. She didn't do much, though during Operation Galactic Storm she beat up The Wasp for a bit. She's pretty one-note, though her accuracy is INSANE, since she can shrink down and THEN start whupping on people. The only thing keeping her from being broken are her low-end physical stats- she keeps her stats as normal while shrunk, but they're still not impressive enough to do major damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Smashers

Post by Jabroniville »

SMASHER I (Vril Rokk)
Created By:
Role: Flying Brick
Legionnaire Basis: Ultra Boy
PL 11 (110)
STRENGTH
8/13 STAMINA 6/12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Taunt

Powers:
"Natural Strength"
Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons/400 tons) [1]

"Exo-Specs" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only Him) [18]
Enhanced Stamina 6 (Extras: Impervious 11) (17) -- (20 points)
  • AE: Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
  • AE: "Penta-Vision" Senses 7 (Vision Penetrates Concealment, Darkvision, See Around Corners) (7)
  • AE: "Move Through 4-Space" Flight 7 (250 mph) & Movement +1 (Space Travel 1) (16)
Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Boosted Strength +8 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6 (+12 Boost, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +6 (+12 Boost), Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 12 (110)

SMASHER II-III (Salac Tuur)
Created By:
Christopher Yost & David Weaver
First Appearance: X-Men: Kingbreaker #4 (March 2009)
Role: Flying Brick
Legionnaire Basis: Ultra Boy
PL 9 (86)
STRENGTH
7/12 STAMINA 6/12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+3)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Natural Strength"
Power-Lifting 1 (6 tons/200 tons) [1]

"Exo-Specs" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only Him) [18]
Enhanced Stamina 6 (Extras: Impervious 11) (17) -- (20 points)
  • AE: Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
  • AE: "Penta-Vision" Senses 7 (Vision Penetrates Concealment, Darkvision, See Around Corners) (7)
  • AE: "Move Through 4-Space" Flight 7 (250 mph) & Movement +1 (Space Travel 1) (16)

Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Boosted Strength +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +6 (+12 Boost, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +6 (+12 Boost), Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 7 (86)

-Smasher's an incredibly powerful, but bone-headed, member of the Imperial Guard. Being an Expy of Ultra Boy, he's got a near-full array of Superman's powers, but mostly one at a time (many writers kinda ignore this and make him a generic Flying Brick, so I made him partially strong & tough in his normal form, and he has to access the rest via Alt-Effects in his Exo-Specs). This makes him very powerful and very dangerous, but he's still a little poor in combat, coming out to an even PL 10 on offense & defense. During Operation: Galactic Storm, he slugged it out with Thor on an even keel, and kicked around Ronan the Accuser, so you KNOW he's tough- he's just not as tough as he perhaps could be- taking lumps quite often.

-This Smasher was killed by Vulcan during Kingmaker, and got replaced by another who was easily killed by Karnak of the Inhumans during War of Kings. HIS replacement was offed by Gladiator with a casual Hyper-Vision attack- clearly, this concept's time in the sun is over if they're turning KILLING THEM into a cynical running gag. These questionable showings can be explained away by putting too much focus on his Super-Strength stuff- the very thing that keeps his points-cost down (his Alt-Effects with Strength & Stamina split up) is his biggest weakness), thus making him more vulnerable to better fighters. In essence, this is the cheapest Flying Brick Archetype you'll ever find- Item-dependent, stupid, and a poorer fighter than most.

-In the end, however, Smasher ended up becoming one of the most important Guardsmen yet, when the first Earthling member of the Imperial Guard debuted in Hickman's Avengers. That least kept them from dying once per year.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Solar Wind

Post by Jabroniville »

SOLAR WIND
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Greg Capullo
First Appearance: Quasar #32 (March 1992)
Race: Unknown (pink-skinned humanoid race)
Role: Blaster
Legionnaire Basis: None apparent
PL 9 (87)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 1 (+1)
Expertise (Space Hero) 3 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 2 (+8)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Solar Wind Uniform" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
"Chest Blast" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (16) -- (17 points)
  • AE: Blast 8 (16)
Equipment:
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Energy Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Chest Blast +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 14 (87)

-Solar Wind was created by Mark Gruenwald as a semi-recurring space foe of Quasar II, having joined the Imperial Guard at some point. He was a generic Blaster-themed guy who didn't have much else to him (even a Legion counterpart!), and he vanished pretty much when The Gru stopped writing comics (ie. died). So there's not many appearances on the guy, and it's assumed he's been recalled to some podunk world of oddly-caucasian aliens while the important members fly around. To me, his rather ununspired design looks oddly like Kyle Rayner, to the point of resembling a parody of him... except that Kyle Rayner debuted in 1994, two years after Solar Wind first showed up.

-Simple Blaster, not many points spent, since he's a rarely-seen one-note guy with a single decent power, undeserving of being more dangerous than your average New Mutant, despite being able to survive in space. Not bad as back-up in a fight, but one on one against Quasar and he's toast.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.