Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab’s Builds (Disney Done! G! Falke! Zeku! Hammond! *sigh*... BRIGITTE...)

Post by greycrusader »

The Children of the Vault? Yeah, proof Marvel editors should cosign certain concepts to "this happened in a parallel world in the MU" as canon. I mean-the Inhumans I understand, Jack and Stan created them decades ago, they were the first, and Atlantis was around too, but those were both just ONE city apiece, consigned to secluded, difficult to reach parts of the Earth. But then...the Eternals and Deviants (both got dragooned into the MU AGAINST Jack Kirby's wishes, who created them to be the ONLY superhumans on their world), the tribe of Salem witches, the New Men, several races of Subterraneans, multiple Savage Land tribes, several "secrets" Mutant strains-the Angelic and Demonic ones, the Neo, the Lupines, pockets of actual aliens stranded on Earth, etc. How do this many stay "hidden"?!

Now, I did leave out one of my favorites-the ClanDestine-from the list, and while that's a bit of special pleading on my part, I can justify it more than a bit because it consisted of just a single extended family-a few dozen related super-powered beings at most. The Destine family in part inspired my own "influential clan with secret powers", the Van Meters (first mentioned in Rogues Galler).

All my best!
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

greycrusader wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:12 pm The Children of the Vault? Yeah, proof Marvel editors should cosign certain concepts to "this happened in a parallel world in the MU" as canon. I mean-the Inhumans I understand, Jack and Stan created them decades ago, they were the first, and Atlantis was around too, but those were both just ONE city apiece, consigned to secluded, difficult to reach parts of the Earth. But then...the Eternals and Deviants (both got dragooned into the MU AGAINST Jack Kirby's wishes, who created them to be the ONLY superhumans on their world), the tribe of Salem witches, the New Men, several races of Subterraneans, multiple Savage Land tribes, several "secrets" Mutant strains-the Angelic and Demonic ones, the Neo, the Lupines, pockets of actual aliens stranded on Earth, etc. How do this many stay "hidden"?!

Now, I did leave out one of my favorites-the ClanDestine-from the list, and while that's a bit of special pleading on my part, I can justify it more than a bit because it consisted of just a single extended family-a few dozen related super-powered beings at most. The Destine family in part inspired my own "influential clan with secret powers", the Van Meters (first mentioned in Rogues Galler).

All my best!
I'm a fan of the ClanDestine also. The one thing that I always wondered about them is, given how long some of the family have lived why they don't have generations of descendants, I don't know if their creator (Alan Davis IIRC) has even been asked about this but I assume it's a similar situation to the immortals of the Highlander franchise, they can't have children or their own.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

M4C8 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:19 pm
greycrusader wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:12 pm The Children of the Vault? Yeah, proof Marvel editors should cosign certain concepts to "this happened in a parallel world in the MU" as canon. I mean-the Inhumans I understand, Jack and Stan created them decades ago, they were the first, and Atlantis was around too, but those were both just ONE city apiece, consigned to secluded, difficult to reach parts of the Earth. But then...the Eternals and Deviants (both got dragooned into the MU AGAINST Jack Kirby's wishes, who created them to be the ONLY superhumans on their world), the tribe of Salem witches, the New Men, several races of Subterraneans, multiple Savage Land tribes, several "secrets" Mutant strains-the Angelic and Demonic ones, the Neo, the Lupines, pockets of actual aliens stranded on Earth, etc. How do this many stay "hidden"?!

All my best!
I'm a fan of the ClanDestine also. The one thing that I always wondered about them is, given how long some of the family have lived why they don't have generations of descendants, I don't know if their creator (Alan Davis IIRC) has even been asked about this but I assume it's a similar situation to the immortals of the Highlander franchise, they can't have children or their own.
Maybe the Destine magical heritage fades quickly? Maybe the third generation were...just human? No powers whatsoever?
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

My head canon for the series is the Destines are very long-lived (their progenitor Adam Destine is immortal, and a few have found ways to extend their natural spans) but their heritage makes them less fertile than ordinary humans-their longevity is really the only reason they have descendants in the modern day, as most of their relationships with normal people don't result in offspring. They likely is some in-breeding between different generations of cousins as well, which could explain some of the mental illness and genetic quirks certain Destine kin were afflicted with in the series.
Jabroniville

Aguja

Post by Jabroniville »

AGUJA ("Needle")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: X-Men #188 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Secret Society Member
PL 8 (104)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 2 (+8)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
Blast 8 [16]
Force Field 3 [3]
Senses 3 (Ultravision, Extended Vision, Infravision) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blasts +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5 (+8 Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Secret Society)
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 9 (104)

-Aguja was a Blaster/Force Field-user, and was capable enough to take out some American fighter jets, but was killed when Lady Mastermind cast an illusion disguising Aguja as herself. Fuego then incinerated her with his fire powers, wiping her out.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Fuego

Post by Jabroniville »

FUEGO ("Fire")
Created By:
Role: Secret Society Member, Blaster
PL 8 (133)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
Fire Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Fire Aura 6 [24]

Offense:
Blasts +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Temperatures)- Fuego's powers come from the heat energy of his surroundings, and a battle with Iceman rapidly killed him.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 9 (133)

-Fuego had fire/magma powers that he gathered from the heat of his surroundings- an illusion by Lady Mastermind caused him to kill Aguja- his own teammate. He seemingly killed Iceman, "dispersing" the X-Man, but he soon returned, reforming INSIDE Fuego, thus killing the villain. Fuego was powerful enough to blow up some fighter jets, but that was, of course, his New Villain Stink debut.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Serafina

Post by Jabroniville »

SERAFINA ("Seraphim")
Created By:
Role: Secret Society Member, Power Controller
PL 9 (201)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Technopathy"
"Boost Others" Variable (Power of Another) 5 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, Ranged) [40]
"Control Others' Powers" Affliction 10 (Powers; Impaired & Entranced/Compelled & Stunned/Controlled & Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Affects Objects) [40]
Comprehend 2 (Speak to & Understand Machines) [4]
"Cloaking" Concealment (Vision) 4 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) [20]
Senses 12 (Microvision, Vision Counters Illusion, Analytical Vision, Postcognition- Limited to Objects Others Have Touched) [12]

Offense:
Power Control +8 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Temperatures)- Fuego's powers come from the heat energy of his surroundings, and a battle with Iceman rapidly killed him.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 119 / Defenses: 9 (201)

-Serafina had the power to mess with biological and technological systems, allowing her a measure of stealth that let only Wolverine know something was amiss. Her powers allowed her to use Lady Mastermind's abilities against Cannonball at a far greater strength that LM herself did. She also made Cannonball imagine a world in which she and him were married- a whole lifetime apparently went by in his head! However, when Cannonball confronted her using these memories, she laughed him off, stating that she never felt anything for him at all- this enraged Sam, who rammed her into the side of a ship, seemingly killing her (!!). This extreme use of violence was later played off by Carey like he only MIGHT have killed her, and that she cuold be knocked out, but this seems like pretty clumsy writing and bad characterization to me. Carey was later able to write this out, as Serafina showed up in the follow-up storyline.

-Serafina has a REALLY powerful set of abilities, allowing her to control the powers and focus of others, stun people (she temporarily makes Wolverine's adamntium skeleton a poisonous version of itself!), cloak herself and others, and even boost the abilities of her teammates! Really, she seems to be Mike Carey throwing on as many abilities as he could onto one character, thus ensuring a victory for his new pets.
Jabroniville

Perro

Post by Jabroniville »

PERRO ("Dog")
Created By:
Role: Secret Society Member, Powerhouse
PL 9 (117)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Gravity Control"
Move Object 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Up or Down) [24]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Move Object +8 Area (+8, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 6 (117)

-The team Powerhouse, Perro is "always looking for a fight", but is said to be quite intelligent. He managed the "New Villain Stink" of severely injuring Sabretooth with a single punch, and managed to survive the encounter (unlike Aguja & Fuego). However, in the second appearance of the Children of the Vault, he attempted to execute Rogue, and she one-punched him into the air after absorbing his strength.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Re: Perro

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:01 am Image
2006 or 1996? Yikes
Jabroniville

Martillo

Post by Jabroniville »

MARTILLO ("Hammer")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Clay Mann
First Appearance: X-Men Legacy #238 (Oct. 2010)
Role: Secret Society Member
PL 8 (75)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+3)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Hammer), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Giant Hammer" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [13]
Teleport 8 (16) -- (17)
  • AE: "Hammer Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach, Penetrating 8) (11)
"Analyzing" Senses 4 (Extended & Analytical Vision, Tracking) (4)
-- (21 points)

Senses 2 (Ultravision, Infravision) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Hammer +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 10 (75)

-Martillo was a powerhouse with a Giant Hammer, but advocated for mercy when he was ordered to execute Rogue. His weapon turned out to be a negative, however, when facing Magneto, who just tossed it around, wiping the floor with Martillo and other Children of the Vault.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

It sounds like the X-Men in general were unnaturally bloodthirsty during these issues, with Iceman doing things like re-forming inside of somebody and exploding out of them.

Remember when Iceman just formed some ice armor around himself, rather than literally turning into ice and becoming some immortal being of moisture?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:05 am It sounds like the X-Men in general were unnaturally bloodthirsty during these issues, with Iceman doing things like re-forming inside of somebody and exploding out of them.

Remember when Iceman just formed some ice armor around himself, rather than literally turning into ice and becoming some immortal being of moisture?
I think the Iceman bit may have been an accident, like he was reforming and just happened to be inside the dude (heh- Iceman, inside a dude? NEVER HAPPEN!).

The “He’s made of ice” thing was definitely a thing in the ‘90s, I remember Mikhail Rasputin melting him into a puddle and reforming him once. Emma Frist also had him do “made of ice” stuff while mine-controlling him pre-Gen-X. I don’t know when it started, though.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 am
Ares wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:05 am It sounds like the X-Men in general were unnaturally bloodthirsty during these issues, with Iceman doing things like re-forming inside of somebody and exploding out of them.

I think the Iceman bit may have been an accident, like he was reforming and just happened to be inside the dude (heh- Iceman, inside a dude? NEVER HAPPEN!).

The “He’s made of ice” thing was definitely a thing in the ‘90s, I remember Mikhail Rasputin melting him into a puddle and reforming him once. Emma Frist also had him do “made of ice” stuff while mine-controlling him pre-Gen-X. I don’t know when it started, though.
From what I remember, Emma Frost got inside of his head and "unlocked his full potential". From there on he was actually made of ice rather than just armoring himself in ice, so that when his chest was kicked in by some supervillain, he was able to turn back to normal and regrow the missing pieces.

It did lead to some cool stuff, like at one point Iceman was fighting Frenzy and during the fight he basically inscreased the amount of ice armor on him, bulking him up considerably and beating the tar out of her. But it lead to the "Iceman is an Omega Level Unkillable" so and so that is kind of boring.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The 1990s, were, well, the 1990s.

2006 was well into the Radium Age, and the beginning of the *ahem* fond look back at the 1990s as a period of time to be emulated.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, like I mentioned with my last few builds of Iceman, his powers went from "interesting and unique power-set" to "annoying mess of random byproduct powers" as, before he became gay, EVERY SINGLE ICEMAN STORY WAS THE SAME- "Oh, now I'm going to take my career seriously and become a great hero!". And by the 2000s he'd picked up a grab-bag of assorted nonsense powers, like "turns to water and swims", "can regenerate from anything" and more.