Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Cadena

Post by Jabroniville »

CADENA ("Chain")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Clay Mann
First Appearance: X-Men Legacy #238 (Oct. 2010)
Role: Secret Society Member, Leader
PL 10 (121)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Electricity) 4 (+9)
Technology 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (Suit +2), Improved Critical (Electricity), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Electrical Power" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) [30]
Senses 3 (Ultravision, Extended Vision, Infravision) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Electricity +9 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+7 Suit), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Secret Society)
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 13 (121)

-Cadena led the second grouping of the Children of the Vault. She swore personal revenge against the X-Men for killing Sangre. She actually looked pretty cool, and used electrical bolts to fight the other characters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Olvido

Post by Jabroniville »

OLVIDO ("Oblivion")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Clay Mann
Role: Secret Society Member
PL 10 (120)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Absorb & Redirect Energy"
Immunity 20 (Energy Effects) [20]
Blast 14 (Feats: Variable 2- Any Energy "Negatively Charged" From Original) (Flaws: Source- Energy Blasts) [16]

Offense:
Blasts +6 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 9 (120)

-Olvido had mysterious powers that allowed him to challenge Magneto, who had the Customary Super-Heroic Power Downgrade in the X-Books around this time. His powers allow him to do the classic "Absorb & Redirect Energy" thing, which is, naturally, an effective weapon against Magneto and his Pink Magnetic Blasts. Later, when he tried a similar move, Anole swooped in and knocked him out using his stealth mode.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Luz

Post by Jabroniville »

LUZ ("Light")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Clay Mann
PL 8 (116)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Control Over Light"
Illusion (Visuals) 10 Linked to Blast 10 [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blasts +6 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 9 (116)

-Luz could create light holograms, which she used to embarrass others- she made a lewd statue of herself and Indra's brother. Despite this, she apparently actually LIKED the guy, and wanted to get with him, but he was rejecting the arranged marriage. It turns out that she's on the run from the Children of the Vault, who return for her- the X-Men are nearly killed until she surrenders in order to spare them. She is eventually taken away with the other Children, sadly remembering Indra's brother like it was some romantic thing. The ComicVine bio-writer even points out how odd this whole thing is, as apparently the Children reproduce asexually, and appear ignorant of the very idea of sex and marriage in the first place.

-Luz's powers appear to be simply "makes holograms", but Magneto totally nerded out and shilled her extreme power levels (stated to be "normally seen in supernovas"), which seems hilariously like Carey himself was making the characters shill his new pet. She herself suggests that she can move at the speed of light, but this is not seen. I figure I'd just tie in Visual Illusions with a Blast, just in case.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Corregidora

Post by Jabroniville »

CORREGIDORA ("Magistrate")
Created By:
Mike Carey & Clay Mann
PL 9 (131)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Electricity) 4 (+9)
Technology 7 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment (Knife +1), Improved Critical (Electricity), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Planting Suggestions" Mind Control 9 (Extras: Insidious) (Flaws: Limited to Small Suggestions & Prompts) [36]

Offense:
Knife +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Electricity +9 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+7 Suit), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 13 (131)

-Corregidora led the project that Luz escaped from, but not much is known about her, aside from that she sent the Children of the Vault after the escapee.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Disney Done! G! Falke! Zeku! Hammond! *sigh*... BRIGITTE...)

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so I'm finished with these doofuses. Man- so many characters that were either hard to figure out, or had no real character to them. I wonder if I'll ever read the story and realize that Mike Carey was a complete genius who wrote some amazing Red Guardian characters or something :)?.

Just flipping through the bios, they come off as SO BAD- like, they repeatedly defeat the X-Men, MAGNETO can barely get a handle on some suddenly-introduced character, and multiple established bad-asses have to shill how amazing and powerful these newbies are, with Sabretooth saying Perro gave him "about the hardest hit I've ever taken in my life" and Magneto going ga-ga over Luz's powers.

Next up... two days of completely random builds! Then I move on to Marvel- The Letter "C"! Following that... MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!
Jabroniville

Death Master

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH MASTER (Randall Croft)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: Savage Action #6 (April 1981)
Role: Crime Boss
Group Affiliation: None

-The guy with the creatively, bad-assedly name of DEATH MASTER is actually just a scheming criminal mastermind in the Night Raven Marvel UK stories- running for District Attorney of New York as the ultimate cover for his criminal empire, which will then rule the city without fear of reprisal. He even kidnaps a local plastic surgeon. His plan is great, but he has deadly rivals, and when Night Raven escapes a deathtrap and gets involved, the Death Master is shot and killed by them when he tries to make his escape. However, the hero then guns down THE MAYOR OF NEW YORK, shocking everyone present! Night Raven calmly explains that the "mayor" was actually one of Death Master's men, surgically modified.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Re: Jab’s Builds (G! Falke! Zeku! Wrecking Ball! Brigitte! Randoms!)

Post by Spectrum »

Jab challenged us on this a few days ago.. and then told me that my fetishes weren't allowed, so been struggling to come up with a lost of Disney wifus.... and once more without my fetishes.

So 10 Disney characters I'd like to spend an afternoon with, not in any particular order

Lilo and Stitch
Timon and Pumba
Robin Hood and the Merry Band (eeek, Maid Marion can't be there)
Bunny Hops (eek, no fetish! nevermind)
Roger
Gaston- no one makes you question your heterosexuality like Gaston..
Belle and Beast... errr, no fetish!

Well, uhhh... yeah. I'll think more.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds (G! Falke! Zeku! Wrecking Ball! Brigitte! Randoms!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

amazing how someone named 'Death Master' was more interesting and less generic sounding than the previous few builds.
Jabroniville

The Colossus

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

THE COLOSSUS (Agent 7M)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Dick Ayers
First Appearance: Tales to Astonish #58 (Aug. 1964)
Role: One-Off Villain
PL 8 (91)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldiers) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+4, +8 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Spaceship), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Vega-Superior Physiology"
Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (30 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Blasters +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Vega Superior)- The Colossus is an adavance man for his people, testing out potential targets for invasion.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 16 (91)

-Yes, there is more than one Marvel character named Colossus. One was actually created five issues before this one, but was a Guardian Monster in a story invented by The Wasp. THIS loser is a one-off nobody who threatened Giant-Man in his embarrasingly low-rent comic book series- a 30-ft alien from Vega Superior out to see if Earth was primed for conquest. Touching down in Africa, he drew the attention of Hank Pym & The Wasp, who engaged him in battle. Pym was hilariously ineffective as always, as at this point growing to a height near 30 feet was actually EXHAUSTING to him, and so the Colossus kept winning. It took some smarts, and the use of their more variable size-shifting abilities, for the two heroes to convince the would-be conqueror that ALL Earthlings possessed magical powers. Discouraged, the Colossus flew off, warning his superiors to cross Earth OFF the "Potential Targets" list.

-These things just make me laugh- a THIRTY-FOOT TALL HUMANOID from some conqueror-level race of aliens, and he's a one-off who never reappears. There's a race of thirty-foot beings out there and nobody has ever encountered them again. One of the absurdities in dealing with 1960s Marvel, really- everything in their universe was so NEW that they were just tossing stuff at the wall to see if it would fit, and a lot of this never mattered. Never mind that the "Pym" feature was Stan's most half-assed work by a country mile. The whole "Checking to see if we can conquer Earth" plotline (which I swear was used a dozen times) had to eventually disappear by the 1970s, as Earth not only had a superhero population numbering over fifty (here it was MAYBE twenty), but they'd encountered all of the universe's "Top Dogs", in the Shi'ar, Kree & Skrulls. Nobody could reall adequately play off the "send a single scout to check the planet out" thing anymore.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Luz

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 pm The ComicVine bio-writer even points out how odd this whole thing is, as apparently the Children reproduce asexually, and appear ignorant of the very idea of sex and marriage in the first place.
I . . . .what? How in the Hell could you have a group that reproduces asexually still resemble humans, a sexually dimorphic species, right down to being divided into men and women?

Jesus, it's never a good sign when your creations make less biological sense than the Namekians from Dragon Ball Z.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Colossus

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 am -These things just make me laugh- a THIRTY-FOOT TALL HUMANOID from some conqueror-level race of aliens, and he's a one-off who never reappears. There's a race of thirty-foot beings out there and nobody has ever encountered them again. One of the absurdities in dealing with 1960s Marvel, really- everything in their universe was so NEW that they were just tossing stuff at the wall to see if it would fit, and a lot of this never mattered.
To be fair, it took until World War Hulk for them to remember that there was a race of superstrong rock men that had likewise tried to invade Earth. These guys are basically space Frost Giants . . . which is still a cool idea, really. Though the easy explanation is that the Shi'Ar, Skrull or Kree wiped them out.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 am ImageImage

THE COLOSSUS (Agent 7M)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Dick Ayers

-Yes, there is more than one Marvel character named Colossus. One was actually created five issues before this one, but was a Guardian Monster in a story invented by The Wasp. THIS loser is a one-off nobody who threatened Giant-Man in his embarrassingly low-rent comic book series- a 30-ft alien from Vega Superior out to see if Earth was primed for conquest. Touching down in Africa, he drew the attention of Hank Pym & The Wasp, who engaged him in battle. Pym was hilariously ineffective as always, as at this point growing to a height near 30 feet was actually EXHAUSTING to him, and so the Colossus kept winning. It took some smarts, and the use of their more variable size-shifting abilities, for the two heroes to convince the would-be conqueror that ALL Earthlings possessed magical powers. Discouraged, the Colossus flew off, warning his superiors to cross Earth OFF the "Potential Targets" list.

-These things just make me laugh- a THIRTY-FOOT TALL HUMANOID from some conqueror-level race of aliens, and he's a one-off who never reappears. There's a race of thirty-foot beings out there and nobody has ever encountered them again. One of the absurdities in dealing with 1960s Marvel, really- everything in their universe was so NEW that they were just tossing stuff at the wall to see if it would fit, and a lot of this never mattered. Never mind that the "Pym" feature was Stan's most half-assed work by a country mile. The whole "Checking to see if we can conquer Earth" plotline (which I swear was used a dozen times) had to eventually disappear by the 1970s, as Earth not only had a superhero population numbering over fifty (here it was MAYBE twenty), but they'd encountered all of the universe's "Top Dogs", in the Shi'ar, Kree & Skrulls. Nobody could reall adequately play off the "send a single scout to check the planet out" thing anymore.
You say thirty feet. The text may have said thirty feet. But either Mr. Ayers didn't follow what was written, or Stan didn't make the final dialogue match what was drawn. Because in just those two images, the Colossus is considerably larger than 30 ft.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Re: Luz

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 pm The ComicVine bio-writer even points out how odd this whole thing is, as apparently the Children reproduce asexually, and appear ignorant of the very idea of sex and marriage in the first place.
I . . . .what? How in the Hell could you have a group that reproduces asexually still resemble humans, a sexually dimorphic species, right down to being divided into men and women?
Intelligent design, which is not what the story was supposed to be. (Though that just changes the question to 'why'?) Shame, Mr. Carey has actually written some very good comics. (This is the Lucifer guy, right?)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:58 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 am -These things just make me laugh- a THIRTY-FOOT TALL HUMANOID from some conqueror-level race of aliens, and he's a one-off who never reappears. There's a race of thirty-foot beings out there and nobody has ever encountered them again. One of the absurdities in dealing with 1960s Marvel, really- everything in their universe was so NEW that they were just tossing stuff at the wall to see if it would fit, and a lot of this never mattered.
To be fair, it took until World War Hulk for them to remember that there was a race of superstrong rock men that had likewise tried to invade Earth. These guys are basically space Frost Giants . . . which is still a cool idea, really. Though the easy explanation is that the Shi'Ar, Skrull or Kree wiped them out.
Well, depends on how long it took to remember them. I remember the Kronans popping up in Thor in the 90s too.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 am
You say thirty feet. The text may have said thirty feet. But either Mr. Ayers didn't follow what was written, or Stan didn't make the final dialogue match what was drawn. Because in just those two images, the Colossus is considerably larger than 30 ft.
Like any artist in history has ever been that good at scale. Never mind that they were clearly putting zero effort into the Giant-Man/Wasp feature :).