Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Crossroads

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:12 am Image

THE CROSSROADS
First Appearance:
The Incredible Hulk #300 (Oct. 1984)

-The Crossroads is a strange otherdimensional world where the laws of physics do not apply, and acts as a nexus to various worlds. It featured in the Hulk book, where the Hulk was abandoned there by Dr. Strange because he'd grown too dangerous (which is... pretty much what caused World War Hulk, too). He went on a "Tour of The Realities" thing in the book (this reeks of "finding something unique to do"), before ending up back on Earth.
Though to be fair, at least this time the Hulk was legitimately a mindless creature on a rampage that needed to be dealt with and Strange was reluctant to do so. Whereas Planet Hulk was basically the Illuminati acting like a bunch of jackasses.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Lois London! Crystar! Cammi! Conan the Barbarian!)

Post by Jabroniville »

ClassDunce wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 am I love the Inhumanoids! I've had the theme song stuck in my head for nearly 25 years. My mom got it for me on VHS at a Garage Sale. This and DinoRiders. Loved it sad that I was almost a decade too late to get any of the toys lol.
Haha, OMG- ClassDunce! I'd noticed you were back! I was about to PM you and see if you were still alive and then I saw you pop back up on here :)!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:56 am *Whew.* Finally found my way back after several weeks of catch up. I phased out during the Disney section.

My son holds your disdain for Cars against you, Jab.
Tell him that people aren't allowed to like both Hamilton and Cars- he must choose one :P.

I was worried about the Disney builds overwhelming those who weren't into them- it was like three months of work. It's like when I did the Video Game Builds and a handful of people never played them, so they were totally lost for that three-month span. Can't be helped when I get obsessive about a project, I suppose :).
Jabroniville

Cobweb

Post by Jabroniville »

Had this card for twenty goddamn years and I've never once seen this thing in a comic.

COBWEB
Created By:
Bud Biansky & Brett Blevins
First Appearance: Sleepwalker #3 (Aug. 1991)
Role: The Arch-Rival, Nightmare Creature
PL 11 (229)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+11)
Deception 12 (+13)
Expertise (Magic) 7 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 12 (+13)
Perception 7 (+10)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
Illusion (All Senses) 11 (55) -- [60]
  • AE: "Create Duplicate-Lure" Create Web Structures 4 (Extras: Movable) (12)
  • AE: "Control Mental Energies" Mind Control 8 (32)
  • AE: Senses 4 (Detect Mental Energies- Acute, Ranged 2) (4)
  • AE: Mind-Reading 11 (Extras: Effortless) (Flaws: Limited to Dreaming Victims) (22)
  • AE: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel- The Mindscape & Earht) (Flaws: Requires Human Brain Patterns) (1)
"Imbue Minions" Variable 4 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Minions) [24]
Elongation 4 [4]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Illusion +11 (DC 21)
Mind Control -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Mind-Reading 11 (DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Mental Energy)- Cobweb feeds off of the thoughts of sentient beings.
Enemy (Sleepwalker)- Sleepwalker's people police the dreams of sentients to fight off demons like Cobweb's people.

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 92 / Defenses: 13 (229)

-Cobweb is the arch-nemesis of Sleepwalker and his entire race, and is sort of a demonic Mindscape entity that feeds off of peoples' nightmares while fighting all the Sleepwalkers that come after him. In so doing, he is responsible for trapping the superhero Sleepwalker inside the mind of a sleeping Rick Sheridan in the character's 1993 comic book series. Cobweb usually went hidden, but reappeared attempting to invade the Earth along with a horde of demons, but was undone by Sleepwalker and the Avengers, among others. The character hasn't been seen in anything but flashbacks since the '90s, since Sleepwalker wasn't a big seller, and... the villain's just a big sloppy mass of cobwebs.

-Cobweb is basically a big mass of cobwebby stuff that's good at sneaking, skulking, lying and scaring, and he also controls minds and casts powerful Illusions. He's not PL 11 all over, and isn't overly powerful compared to a lot of heroes, but he's a good manipulator and doesn't do all the fighting on his own.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Well, he's kind of creepy looking, and I'd never deny that Sleepwalker had some very visually evocative art -- if not a whole hell of a lot else going for it.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Michael Pointer

Post by Jabroniville »

You know you suck when you've had three frickin' names and visual designs in ten years.

OMEGA (Michael Pointer, aka The Collective, Weapon Omega)
Created By:
Brian Michael Bendis & Steve McNiven
First Appearance: New Avengers #16 (April 2006)
Role: "Every Power Ever" Guy
PL 12 (301)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Letter Carrier) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Power Absorption"
Mimic 20 (Mutant Powers) (Extras: Area, Continuous) (Flaws: Limited to Mutant Powers) [180]
Linked to
Weaken Powers 10 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Limited to Mutant Powers) [30]

"Powersuit" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Energy-Absorbing Mutants) [41]
Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
Energy Blast 14 (28)
Protection 6 (6)
-- (50 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Energy Blast +6 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+9 Powersuit), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Killer)- When his powers manifested, Pointer killed over 2,000 people, including most of the membership of Alpha Flight. He fights to honor Alpha Flight in particular.
Addiction (Powers)- On two separate occasions, Michael has become involuntarily addicted to the powers he's gaining.
Responsibility (Rookie)- Michael is inexperienced with the use of some of the powers he's absorbed.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 251 / Defenses: 9 (301)

-So this guy's appeared in a bunch of Marvel comics over the past twelve years, but of course I've not READ any of them, so I'm pretty clueless as to him. He's probably most infamous for being the guy who "Alpha Flighted" Alpha Flight, setting down in Canada and one-shotting the entire team, killing everyone but Sasquatch. Why'd this happen? Because the vast majority of the Mutant population of Earth had just been de-powered by the Scarlet Witch, you see, but this ONE GUY, whose power was to absorb the powers and personalities of other mutants, just happened to absorb EVERYTHING from that run-off, thus gaining the combined powers of every de-powered mutant on Earth. With the consciousness of the evil Xorn controlling him, Michael Pointer, a postman, went on a rampage, killing over 2,000 people and Alpha Flight before the Avengers stopped him.

-In the process, he'd re-powered Magneto, but had gained back his original personality- as penance for his actions, he was forced to join Canada's new Omega Flight (alongside some post-Civil War guys like U.S. Agent, Julia "Spider-Woman/Arachne" Carpenter, and the still-alive Sasquatch). During the course of the Omega Flight series, he gainst he forgiveness of both 'Squatch and Talisman (the orphaned daughter of Shaman, whom Michael killed), and is told to live up to the legacy of the Guardian uniform he's wearing.

-With Omega Flight done, Michael popped up as Weapon Omega in a new Marvel Comics Presents series, capturing villains and unknowingly absorbing their energies, since his own "Collective" powers were wearing off. Turns out this was a government plot that he was ignorant of- he would quit Omega Flight at the end of the series, kicking his addiction to these powers. He later joins Emma Frost's "Dark X-Men" during Dark Reign, with Norman Osborn giving him a device that siphoned powers from other mutants. Pointer gets ANOTHER addiction to powers, then drops his name to just "Omega", and begins adopting personality traits of some of the mutants that empower him. And then, of course, Marvel just WROTE HIM OUT, having him placed into a medically & psionically-induced coma by the X-Men, lest he explode from all of his surplus power.

-I mean... Jesus. It looks like Bendis just threw ALL OF THE POWERS into a one-off threat, perhaps forgetting that the rest of the Marvel U had to now LIVE with this guy, and so various writers gave their half-assed try at the character, who was never particularly deep in the first place. So what we ended up with was someone trying the "Reptentant Hero" schtick (not normally so bad an idea), but ultimately got saddled with some Sentry-esque "Power Addict" shite, then mixed him up with various creative teams so that they repeated the SAME IDEA in another book.

-The Collective/Weapon Omega/Omega is YET ANOTHER guy with "All Of The Powers", this time manifesting as having absorbed all of the excess energies from Wanda Maximoff going "No More Mutants", but eventually gaining them from Mutant Growth Hormone-infused humans and other sources. This manifests as a PL 10 Jumped-Up Nobody type of character, but the Variable/Mimic EASILY pushes him to PL 12- in his debut, he was arguably PL 14-15, but seems to have settled down a lot more.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: The Crossroads

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:12 am Image

THE CROSSROADS
First Appearance:
The Incredible Hulk #300 (Oct. 1984)

-The Crossroads is a strange otherdimensional world where the laws of physics do not apply, and acts as a nexus to various worlds. It featured in the Hulk book, where the Hulk was abandoned there by Dr. Strange because he'd grown too dangerous (which is... pretty much what caused World War Hulk, too). He went on a "Tour of The Realities" thing in the book (this reeks of "finding something unique to do"), before ending up back on Earth.
Ah, the crossroads! Yes, I remember that story arc.

A very powerful, super angry, one could say "mindless" Hulk. I always believed this was the strongest Hulk version because it was at this time Hulk beat all of the Avengers, East and West, including other characters too like Doc Samson and the FF. Hulk beat them in groups, pileing on him and one after the other. All of the he characters combined could not hold him nor defeat him.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Michael Pointer

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:29 pm ImageImage

You know you suck when you've had three frickin' names and visual designs in ten years.

OMEGA (Michael Pointer, aka The Collective, Weapon Omega)
Created By:
Brian Michael Bendis & Steve McNiven
First Appearance: New Avengers #16 (April 2006)
So you're saying his creators could have used a few pointers during his development phase?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ya know, the Sleepwalker series has always intrigued me despite never having read it. I think there's potential there.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 am Ya know, the Sleepwalker series has always intrigued me despite never having read it. I think there's potential there.
I do think the premise is really cool..and now I'm imagining Sleepwalker fighting Freddy Krueger.
Jabroniville

Crucible

Post by Jabroniville »

CRUCIBLE (Maris Morlak & Wladyslav Shinski)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #66 (Sept. 1967)
Role: Forgotten Villain, Wannabe Doctor Doom
PL 10 (239)
STRENGTH
2/10 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+15)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 1 (+3)
Technology 8 (+15)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Inventor, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Doctor Doom Knock-Off Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [27]
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 9) (17)
Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
-- (33 points)

"Alchemy"
Transform (Anything to Anything) 8 (Extras: Continuous) [48]
"Baleful Polymorph" Affliction 8 (Fort; Hindered & Impaired/Immobile & Disabled/Transformed & Unaware) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition, Continuous +3) [48]
"Animate Objects" Summon Animated Object 3 (Extras: Horde, 8 Minions +6, Variable) (Flaws: Limited to Available Objects) (27) -- [30]
  • AE: "Grasping Objects" Snare 8 (24)
  • AE: "Dust Cloud" Concealment (Vision) 2 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (6)
  • AE: "Explosion" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Armoured Strength +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Grasping Objects/Baleful Polymorph +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Explosion +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+11 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Fantastic Four)
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 153 / Defenses: 12 (239)

-Crucible debuted with a lot of hype in a late '90s Claremont/Lobdell/Larocca Fantastic Four run, but it turned out that he was just one of the scientists from The Enclave, a boring-ass group of losers responsible for creating Him (Adam Warlock) & Her (Ayesha/That Gold Chick From Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) as the "perfect humans". First it was Morlak, who went nuts after stealing Reed Richards' genius (Reed's constant creativity hurt his brain, which wasn't brilliant enough to handle the influx), while Shinski made at attempt at being like Doctor Doom, killing Morlak and taking over the Crucible identity. Alas, it went nowhere, and he & Ayesha (who turned out to be Her all along) were blown up. Marvunapp's bio-writer indicates this was another failed attempt at a "Next Doctor Doom" kind of master manipulator, but being too much of the same and having a lame reveal just killed the gimmick dead.

-Crucible's outlandish points cost is due to have TWO different Continuous effects, as well as an Alchemical Array of powers. He's all talk in terms of hitting power, but makes PL 9.5 defensively- he's more of a planner than a fighter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Captain Universe

Post by Jabroniville »

CAPTAIN UNIVERSE
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Michael Golden
First Appearance: Micronauts #8 (Aug. 1979)
Role: Uber-Powered Template
PL 15 (129 +xx)

Skills:

Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+18)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Technology 10 (+18)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Avatar of Oblivion), Improved Critical (Weapons), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle

Powers:
Enhanced Strength xx (to 18) [xx]
Enhanced Stamina xx (to 18) [xx]

"Imbued With The Power Cosmic"
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
Immunity 12 (Aging, Sleep, Life Support) [12]
"Immune to the Ravages of Space" Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars & Suns) [2]

"Cosmic Mind"
"Uni-Vision" Senses 12 (Microscopic Vision 4, Extended Vision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment 4) [12]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]

"Molecular Rearrangement" Transform (Anything to Anything) 13 (Extras: Continuous) (78) -- [85]
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 18 (Extras: Perception Ranged on 15 Ranks) (51)
  • AE: Cosmic Blast 20 (Feats: Extended Range 2, Penetrating 5) (47)
  • AE: "Cosmic Explosion" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Cosmic Beam" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (45)
  • AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (45)
  • AE: "Uni-Hypnosis" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Selective, Cumulative) (48)
  • AE: "Transform Others" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
Flight 15 (64,000 mph) [30]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Dimensional Travel) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +xx (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Cosmic Blast +xx (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Area Attacks +15 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +xx

Defenses:
Dodge & Parry (and other defenses) vary with the Host, Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious)

Complications:
Power Loss (Uni-Power)- The Uni-Power is sentient, and will leave it's host if the host begins using it's powers for evil, such as the committing of crimes.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 40--0 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 129 +xx / Defenses: 0 (129 +xx)

-Captain Universe and the Uni-Power were intially brought to the Marvel Universe because Bill Mantlo & Jim Shooter wanted to find a way to tie their Micronauts toy-based universe in with the Marvel Universe as a whole. As such, this Cosmic Power ended up bestowing itself onto various individuals, generally civilians, in order to accomplish some great goal or another. It is mysterious and powerful, generally making someone the toughest superhero on Marvel Earth when used. The Uni-Power even got used in a special comic where people could pay to put THEMSELVES into the role (stock stories which would add different skin and hair to Captain Universe)! The "official" one would be Jeff Christiansen, a veterinary student who would later become the force behind the resurgence of The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe concept.

-Captain Universe as a concept was mainly used in the 1980s, as the concept had fallen by the wayside seriously by even 1990, with it's biggest showing coming in the Spider-Man books, where he temporarily flew around with Phenomenal Cosmic Power in a pretty fun little gimmick where he was just laying waste to many serious bad guys. In 2005, a series of one-shots linked various established heroes to the Uni-Power. A one-off Captain Universe earned my eternal adoration in the second Annihilation series by one-shotting Deathclaw when she turned on him (she was so hated that the writers basically had her go mad and try to murder a teammate for no reason, only to die easily), but he perished to the Annihilation Wave soon afterwards. At one point, the Uni-Power was bestowed upon a man who attempted to use it to kill the Juggernaut, for his past rampage in the Spider-Man book. He failed, and the resulting brawl nearly destroyed New York (which had its bedrock weakened by said rampage, when Spider-Man buried Juggy beneath the Earth), until the JUGGERNAUT HIMSELF gained the power in order to set things right.

-The Uni-Power makes the wearer a PL 15 at minimum, and cranks their existing powers up as well. When Spider-Man wielded the Uni-Power, he was the most powerful super-hero on Earth for a good chunk of time, and easily threw Terminus into space with help from Quasar. In effect, the Uni-Power makes you as tough as a Herald of Galactus, even if you're a baseline human. A great fighter like Spider-Man or another established super-hero can REALLY use the power with their higher accuracy to bust some heads.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds (Crystar! Cammi! Conan! Captain Universe!)

Post by Davies »

My favorite part of the Cosmc Spidey saga has to be the finale, where he fights Loki's last little FU from Acts of Vengeance, the Tri-Sentinel (three Sentinels combined into one). The scale of the fight, and little bits like Shaw dazedly announcing, "Gentlemen, we are about to die,", makes it really seem very epic, even though -- well -- it's just a big robot.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Captain Universe (Avengers)

Post by Jabroniville »

CAPTAIN UNIVERSE (Tamara Devoux)
Created By:
Jonathan Hickman & Jerome Opena
First Appearance: Avengers #1 (Feb. 2013)
Role: Uber-Powered Template, Crazy Hero
PL 15 (229)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Perception 6 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Imbued With The Power Cosmic"
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
Immunity 12 (Aging, Sleep, Life Support) [12]
"Immune to the Ravages of Space" Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars & Suns) [2]

"Cosmic Mind"
"Uni-Vision" Senses 12 (Microscopic Vision 4, Extended Vision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment 4) [12]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]

"Molecular Rearrangement" Transform (Anything to Anything) 13 (Extras: Continuous) (78) -- [85]
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 18 (Extras: Perception Ranged on 15 Ranks) (51)
  • AE: Cosmic Blast 20 (Feats: Extended Range 2, Penetrating 5) (47)
  • AE: "Cosmic Explosion" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
  • AE: "Cosmic Beam" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (45)
  • AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (45)
  • AE: "Uni-Hypnosis" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Selective, Cumulative) (48)
  • AE: "Transform Others" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
Flight 15 (64,000 mph) [30]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Dimensional Travel) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Cosmic Blast +8 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Area Attacks +15 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss (Uni-Power)- The Uni-Power is sentient, and will leave it's host if the host begins using its powers for evil, such as the committing of crimes.
Responsibility (Broken Mind)- Her mind broken by a car crash, Tamara is prone to making random statements, and cannot strategize effectively.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 129 / Defenses: 10 (229)

-I'll never figure out why some writers just LOVE to write "Crazy Dialogue" so much. The latest benefactor of the Uni-Power is Tamara Devoux, a comatose car-crash victim whose mind has pretty much cracked because of it, leaving her prone to making random comments and say crazy things, or just deliver the secrets of the universe in a way that's hyper-vague and hard to figure out. She's pretty much just like Starman in that JSA arc, and I hated it then and I hate it now. I just don't get the appeal- maybe it's because I've played on too many RPG games with the "Crazy Guy Who Says Random Things" character across the table, so I know how annoying that behavior is in real life. Or maybe it's because people with conditions like this aren't really "LOLZ I SAY RANDOM THINGS AND ALWAYS WANT SANDWICHES!". In any case, Tamara ends up with low Mental Stats, but an INSANE Power Level otherwise- she's pretty effortlessly a top-tier Avenger, and keep in mind that squad now includes Thor, Hyperion & The Hulk.

-The Uni-Power makes the wearer a PL 15 at minimum, and cranks their existing powers up as well. When Spider-Man wielded the Uni-Power, he was the most powerful super-hero on Earth for a good chunk of time, and easily threw Terminus into space with help from Quasar. In effect, the Uni-Power makes you as tough as a Herald of Galactus, even if you're a baseline human. A great fighter like Spider-Man or another established super-hero can REALLY use the power with their higher accuracy to bust some heads.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Michael Pointer

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:14 pm
So you're saying his creators could have used a few pointers during his development phase?
KEN?!? Don't you know it's against the board Terms Of Service to impersonate our Admin/Moderator?!?