Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Darrius

Post by Jabroniville »

DARRIUS
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Total Appearances: MK: Deception & Armageddon
Role: Nobody Who Disappears Quickly
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Deception 8 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Twisty Kick & Other Moves" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Features 1: Uses New Moves as Finishing Attacks [1]
"Tears Arms Off, Then Beats Opponent to Death With Them"
"Rearranges Limbs Horribly"

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (95)

-Darrius is a bad-ass black dude from "Orderrealm", fighting his oppressive masters as a terrorist, which ends up sending him down a dark path. He hires Dairou to kill Hotaru (a Cleric of Chaos), and engages in other evil acts in the name of justice, to the point where he's in the Forces of Darkness during MK: Armageddon. He's visually based off fo Jim Kelly, a martial artist from Enter The Dragon & Black Belt Jones, and is one of the least popular characters in Mortal Kombat history- I think he's just rather forgettable in concept and design, not being a major part of the plot, aside from some of the boring later characters who were added to the series.
Jabroniville

Hotaru

Post by Jabroniville »

HOTARU
First Appearance:
PL 7 (98)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Lava Burst" Blast 3 (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Move Object 4 (Flaws: Limited to Upwards) (Dim. Range -1) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Grasshopper Kick" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack) (3)
"Triple Neck Snap"
"Grabs Leg & Slams The Guy Up & Down Till He Bursts"

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:

Komplications:
Motivation (Establishing Order)- Hotaru wishes for Order in all things, and as such, will even serve the evil Dragon King, Onaga.
Enemy (Havik)- As Havik is a Cleric of Chaos, Hotaru opposes him.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 13 (98)

-Hotaru (like Reiko, a dude with what in Japan is a chick's name) looks kinda cool (like an insect-armoured Samurai, complete with "Sashimono" back-flags), and is a General of the side of Order, acting like a kind of Knight Templar, since he'll serve anyone who enacts order, be they good or evil. And such, he works for Onaga, The Dragon King, specifically to hunt down Sub-Zero. He is being hunted by Dairou, who is collecting a bounty for it, and he's the arch-nemesis of Havik (a Cleric of Chaos), so he's kind of wrapped up in a bunch of stuff.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Hotaru

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 am Image

HOTARU

-Hotaru (like Reiko, a dude with what in Japan is a chick's name) looks kinda cool (like an insect-armoured Samurai, complete with "Sashimono" back-flags), and is a General of the side of Order, acting like a kind of Knight Templar, since he'll serve anyone who enacts order, be they good or evil. And such, he works for Onaga, The Dragon King, specifically to hunt down Sub-Zero. He is being hunted by Dairou, who is collecting a bounty for it, and he's the arch-nemesis of Havik (a Cleric of Chaos), so he's kind of wrapped up in a bunch of stuff.
How the hell did someone that crappy get involved in so much stuff? That's like giving Kobra a storyline or something! :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Havik

Post by Jabroniville »

HAVIK
First Appearance:
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletiks 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Cracking Legs Projectile" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1) (7) -- [10]
  • AE: "Special Moves" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
  • AE: "Head Snap" Healing 4 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (4)
  • AE: "Corpse Taunt" Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self, Distracting) (4)
Immunity 2 (Pain Effects) [2]

"Human Pencil Sharpener- Devours Enemy's Limbs, then Vomits Up Chunks of Meat"
"Rips His Opponent's Leg Off, Then Bashes Their Head Off With It"

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:

Komplications:
Motivation (Fomenting Chaos)- Havik hails from "Chaosrealm", and seeks to sow discord wherever he goes. To this end, he seeks to resurrect Shao Kahn and stop Onaga the Dragon King.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (99)

-Havik is a Cleric of Chaos, and merely seeks to sow discord wherever he travels. This means that despite seeming pretty bad, he also wants to stop Onaga, The Dragon King, and so he's neither "good" nor "evil" in the classical sense. To this end, he teams up with Kabal's gang of Black Dragons, and wants to resurrect Shao Kahn, who's more inherently chaotic. He's also the token "Weird Fighter", using attacks that involve twisting his body into insane poses, much like DC's Ragdoll. He appears in the comic book adaptation of Mortal Kombat's modern kontinuity, but some idiot just shoved 90 paragraphs of information on the Wikia page to describe it, so I'm not gonna sort through it. He does not appear in the modern series except in Noob Saibot's "Arcade Ending", implying they'd formed an alliance (an in-joke, because Havik had a "Noob Saibot" alternate kostume).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jax! Kano! Cassie Cage! Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena!)

Post by Ares »

Yeah, these guys are the ones I mentioned earlier about how Netherrealm Studios wanted to expand on their MK multiverse, which made sense. So far we've seen only Earth, Outrealm (including the survivors of the realms Outrealm has absorbed) and the Netherrealm (aka Hell). Adding more worlds to the mix was a fun idea. Making said worlds these "Order and Chaos" aligned guys and being 'subversive' by having the Order guy working for the bad guys while the Chaos guy works for the villains is just lame. The reboot did a bit better job with Kotal Kahn and others.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 am Yeah, these guys are the ones I mentioned earlier about how Netherrealm Studios wanted to expand on their MK multiverse, which made sense. So far we've seen only Earth, Outrealm (including the survivors of the realms Outrealm has absorbed) and the Netherrealm (aka Hell). Adding more worlds to the mix was a fun idea. Making said worlds these "Order and Chaos" aligned guys and being 'subversive' by having the Order guy working for the bad guys while the Chaos guy works for the villains is just lame. The reboot did a bit better job with Kotal Kahn and others.
It's just funny, because they're all like "Yeah, let's EXPAND THE UNIVERSE!" but it's all these poorly-thought-out dorks with lame abilities and boring looks.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I just went to Disney On Ice again (that's twice this year!). It must be a heck of a cash-cow, though all the junk they have is probably pretty pricey. Never mind having a cast of dozens of skaters performing a few times a day.

This time was WAY different, however- an Expo Center on the ground level instead of in a big ice rink (where the Oilers used to play), a smaller rink, etc. Only 4 merch booths instead of what seemed like dozens- overall, a much smaller operation. It was only here for three days, instead of a whole week, as well! They must have quite a few touring groups.

The "smaller scale" means they focused on different things, too. Basically, they hit the "Big Names"- Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Anna & Elsa... and cap it off with Moana, which means this is one of the newer shows. Maui is a crowd-pleaser, though wearing an AWFUL "Muscle Suit". Tamatoa's suit was pretty cool (those hands must be LIGHT for the performer to lift them all the way into the air like that). Rapunzel did the "spinning around in hair" dance again. Elsa was probably the most flexible skater, doing the "lift the leg all the way up while skating" pose.

More "complete" retellings of the stories than the last show I went to, though skipping through things so quickly makes you realize how important editing is, because they literally go right from the Beast throwing Belle out of the castle to him showing her the library, with none of the important "Wolf" stuff in the middle that justifies their later relationship. Hans also reveals his evil literally the moment Elsa thinks Anna is dead. Good thing the audience knows all these stories already :).

Because of the smaller stage, they seem to do more "audience interaction", which a main hostess talking to the kids in the stands- that didn't happen last time. She acted as a hostess, when the last one had a boy/girl duo, and this one wasn't centerpieced by anything- the last one had an Inside Out theme, with Riley trying to play hockey.

It's kind of interesting how they do all these... though man, they're pricey. $47 was pushing it, especially for such a small room- I'd have felt ripped off if I'd paid $20 more for a closer seat, given how small this room was. It's a good show, but... these are like 50% of BROADWAY TICKETS.
Jabroniville

Shujinko

Post by Jabroniville »

SHUJINKO
First Appearance:
Total Appearances: MK: Armageddon
Role: Rumored Character Brought To Life
PL 10 (158)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 4 (+7)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 11 (+14)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 3 (+16)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment (Swords +2- Split), Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown

Powers:
"Learns The Moves Of Those He Encounters"
"Scorpion's Kunai Spear" Blast 2 (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Affliktion 6 (Strength; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Kondition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Dim. Range -1) Linked to Move Object 4 (Flaws: Limited to Towards Himself) (Dim. Range -1) (19) -- [24]
  • AE: "Sub-Zero's Icy Breeze" Affliktion 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Feats: Can Freeze In Mid-Air, Indirect- From Above) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Kondition) (Flaws: Limited to 1-3 Rounds) (Diminished Range -1) (13)
  • AE: "Kobra's Flaming Fist/Bo' Rai Cho's Flip Scissor Kick/Sindel's Slide" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
  • AE: "Raiden's Flying Jinko" Strength-Damage +1 Linked to Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Short Bursts) (3)
  • AE: "Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (3)
  • AE: "Ermac's Opponent Slam" Move Object 6 (12)
"Decapitates With Sword, Then Plants With the Other One"
"Slices Off Limbs & Head In Quick Succession"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Swords +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Spear +12 (+2 Ranged Damage & +6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 17 & 16)
Icy Breeze +12 (+6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 16)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Komplications:
Motivation (Repentence)- Shujinko is responsible for the unleashing of Onaga, The Dragon King. Now he seeks to stop him.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 16 (158)

-Shujinko is a Wise Old Master archetype, and was the central character of Mortal Kombat: Deception. He was a young man who travelled the realms to gather the Super-Weapons of the Six Realms, and learned a ton of techniques from everyone he met (basically the entirety of the Kombatant Roster), until he ended up a wise old guy. You basically played him through an RPG-ish side-quest thingie in Deception, until it turned out that his quest was set up under false pretenses, and allowed the Dragon King, Onaga, to come forth. His whole schtick is that he copies other Kombatants' moves, which, when combined with his stated purpose to replace Liu Kang as the series' protagonist, makes him REALLY unpopular with the fans. Yeah, replacing the main hero and doing Mary Sue crap? It reads more like bad Fan Fiction than anything, and doesn't endear you to anyone. The Mortal Kombat X comic book series uses him as a corrupted monk.

-Shujinko was apparently bad-ass enough to beat Onaga, so he ends up being quite strong overall- I wanted to make him another wussy, but his complex backstory and huge role in one game earn him a higher status. His "Move Copying" power seems to just give him a regular moveset taken from other guys, so he doesn't have Mimic or anything, but going by the "fluff", he just might earn a Variable (Other Fighters' Moves). Despite his elite repetoire, he was a bit more vulnerable than many other Kombatants, so his Toughness is more akin to the ladies.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Hotaru

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:04 am How the hell did someone that crappy get involved in so much stuff? That's like giving Kobra a storyline or something! :shock:
The later games are so weird- Shujinko is also supposed to be of great importance to the overall plot. Taven and Daegon are, as well! The last two games really kind of scrap a lot of aspects of the games, reducing much of the recurring cast to being nobodies- Johnny Cage is dead for chunks of the series, LIU KANG spends half the time as a zombie, and even Kitana and others miss a lot of time in the franchise.

It was by far the biggest thing I noticed as I was researching these builds the first time around, and is only more strange now that the franchise has added a new game (oddly, it debuted two years after I posted my MK builds and I never even came close to getting around to statting it up then- poor Koroko must have been desperate :)).
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Hm, since we're in the dregs of these guys, I'll check some interest for other fighting games I haven't done yet:

* Killer Instinct
* Tekken (Thorp's doing some now. I fear mine would be very same-y guys, much like my Virtua Fighter builds, but the characters are at least somewhat varied in personality, unlike VF)
* Time Killers
* Kasumi Ninja (the infamous worst game ever)
* Way of the Warrior (the most "My friend and I made this in our apartment" game ever)
* King of Fighters (hey, SOME DAY I might find proper bios for these characters, making this a possible project :))
* Ballz (not that these builds will be at all complex)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Another interesting choice might be One Must Fall 2097. Eleven robots, with ten pilots, although the pilots aren't terribly well fleshed-out (basically, you have a paragraph and a bio picture) and using their ability to provide varying stats to the robots would probably technically break PL since they allowed tradeoffs on axes not not normally allowed. And, unfortunately, it never really went anywhere after the first game. The 3D reboot was a complete bust.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 pm* Kasumi Ninja (the infamous worst game ever)
Google image search for this shows me an sprite of a Scotsman lifting up his skirt and ejaculating a fireball out from under it.

If a fighting game gets converted then perhaps smash bros? It has some interesting takes on how classic nintendo characters who aren't traditional fighters would be able to fight.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 pm Hm, since we're in the dregs of these guys, I'll check some interest for other fighting games I haven't done yet:

* Killer Instinct
* Tekken (Thorp's doing some now. I fear mine would be very same-y guys, much like my Virtua Fighter builds, but the characters are at least somewhat varied in personality, unlike VF)
* Time Killers
* Kasumi Ninja (the infamous worst game ever)
* Way of the Warrior (the most "My friend and I made this in our apartment" game ever)
* King of Fighters (hey, SOME DAY I might find proper bios for these characters, making this a possible project :))
* Ballz (not that these builds will be at all complex)
Killer Instinct and Tekken are of course at the top of my interest, And I do think Tekken would be more interesting to build than Virtua Fighter, considering the amount of weird characters that pop up, like bears, sentient wooden training dummies, vampires, dragons, demons, androids, robots, kangaroos and dinosaurs with boxing gloves, an old doctor Joke Character who can't physically stand up so he has to do most of his fighting crouching..There's also a giant robot bonus boss at one point. Plus some of the characters (usually the bosses) actually have projectiles and stuff! And there's Alisa, who is an android who has a throw where she pulls off her head, gives it to her opponent, and then it explodes, Total Recall-style. There are a LOT of characters, though, and some of them were originally moveset clones/deriratives of others, but later branched out, much like Luigi or Ken. And then there's the weird guest characters, like the tiny manga dinosaur, Gon. Tekken 7 especially gets ridiculous. Now, Akuma and Geese Howard make sense, since they're from other fighting games, but then Noctis from Final Fantasy 15?! But the most ridiculous of all, is of course, Negan from The Walking Dead.

Of course, I like to see even the other, bad fighting games get bulids, too. And of course, KOF, if good bios ever show up.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

KI and Tekken for me as well. Also VF I added the VF fighters into my own SF game universe along with several other games. :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

I played so many random fighting games in arcades over the years I can't remember one from another anymore. Not many were memorable. There was one with a weird guy named Titi (I think) that wore some kind of armor and had kicks where his knees bent the wrong way and was just generally strange. Never could remember the name of it and searching for "Titi" on the internet brought a different class of results than I was looking for