Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: Ron Stoppable

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 pm
going on about his "Naco" (a burrito/nacho fusion)
Dude, it's right in the name Nacho+Taco = Naco. Not burrito :D
Jabroniville

Mrs. Dr. Possible

Post by Jabroniville »

Jesus- if you want a hint of how much of a sex symbol this character turned out to be, do a search on DeviantArt and try to find a pic you CAN post here.

DR. ANN POSSIBLE
Played By:
Jean Smart
Role: Supreme MILF, Cheerful Mom, Brain Surgeon
PL 2 (53), PL 5 (53) Neurosurgeon
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Investigation 1 (+4)
Perception 1 (+4)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Technology 1 (+6)
Treatment 10 (+15)

Advantages:
Attractive 2 (Flaws: Limited to MILF-Lovers)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Kim- Daughter)- Dr. P loves her daughter dearly, but sometimes doesn't understand boundaries.
Relationship (Jim & Tom- Sons)- Ann frequently gently scolds the boys for blowing up portions of the house.
Relationship (James- Husband)- They don't seem to fawn over each other, but are cheerful and respect each other as equals.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (53)

-*sighhhh* MRS. POSSIBLE...

-I didn't always used to be into MILFs- I think it was a college thing. And I'm pretty sure MRS. POSSIBLE is who did it. On a show with a spunky teenage girl and a snide, cynical, dark-haired bad girl, the MOM somehow came off as the sexiest character to me. I think the maturity, calmness and grace of an older woman was just appealing at that particular time, and it never really left me- older women can be hot as hell.

-The fandom REALLY picked up on it, too- short of Kim/Shego shipping, I swear the lion's share of KP-related sexy pics involve Mrs. Possible in some way. This is far in excess of her role in the show- despite being the mother of the main character, Ann probably had the least to do, and the fewest episodes of focus, of the immediate family. The issue was... the whole "Daughter of a Rocket Scientist & a Brain Surgeon" thing was so key to the show's concept, as those were the two token "Smart People" jobs (ie. "He's no brain surgeon!", "nice going, rocket scientist")... but a Brain Surgeon isn't exactly a profession that gives way to lots of action/adventure cartoon episode plots. And so James, her husband, got the lion's share of the parental focus. Hell, she didn't even have a NAME for the longest time! Fans just had to call her "Mrs. Possible" or "Mrs. Dr. Possible" until the friggin' last few episodes!

-Her few episodes of focus tend to involve her being a little too eager to "get along" with Kim, and accidentally embarrass her in front of others. In DNAmy's debut episode, Ann humiliates Kim in front of her classmates for describing her old "Cuddle Buddies" toys, going on about how she used to adore her Pandaroo ("So cute- little Pandaroo..."). The two have a bit of a tiff, but do the token "final moments apology & understanding". A running gag would be Kim's embarrassment when Ann would put her on speakerphone in the operating room, casually cutting into someone's brain while Kim was fighting Dr. Drakken or Professor Dementor, and letting her coworkers cut in with remarks. Ann was notably kinder to Ron than many, even suggesting that he was a good match for her daughter (never threatening to throw him into space, like her husband did).

-She was played by Jean Smart, a pretty sexy older woman who is perhaps most notable for playing a love interest on a season of Frasier (playing a brassy, mouthy "former popular girl" who had a fun comedy mix with the pretentious fop, Frasier). You might also recognize her as the mom from The Oblongs, and from a lot of side roles in things- she gets a lot of work, and is respected enough to have won an Emmy for Frasier and been nominated for Fargo.

-Mrs. Dr. P has some vague brilliance (we never see her struggling at work; just casually doing it while on speakerphone), but was surprisingly effective on one mission, in which she filled in for Ron.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
squirrelly-sama

Re: Jab’s Builds (King Hyperion! Morph! Kim Possible! Ron Stoppable!)

Post by squirrelly-sama »

I'd say her limit on her attractiveness should be taken off, she looks more like just a woman in her 20s rather than a mother in her late 30s.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm I'd say her limit on her attractiveness should be taken off, she looks more like just a woman in her 20s rather than a mother in her late 30s.
Concur. I mean, she's a beautiful older woman, but she's a beautiful woman by any standard. You don't have to like older women especially to be into her.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm I'd say her limit on her attractiveness should be taken off, she looks more like just a woman in her 20s rather than a mother in her late 30s.
I just threw it in as a joke because I adore her. Neither her nor Helen Parr utilize Attractive as a trait the way it’s written, but I thought it would be funny to have Attractive (Limited to Fetish) :).
Jabroniville

Re: Ron Stoppable

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 pm
going on about his "Naco" (a burrito/nacho fusion)
Dude, it's right in the name Nacho+Taco = Naco. Not burrito :D
Oh, right. Derp- I don’t eat cheese, so I’ve limited experience :).
Jabroniville

Bonnie

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so that didn’t actually happen. It shoulda.

BONNIE ROCKWALLER
Played By:
Kirsten Storms
Role: The Libby (ie. Alpha Bitch)
PL 2 (19)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Athletics 4 (+4)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Cheerleading) 8 (+8)
Insight 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages:
None

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Will +0

Complications:
Addiction (Attention)- Bonnie LOVES to be the most popular girl around. Being unliked or single is a nightmare for her. She dated the quarterback Brick Flagg simply for the popularity it afforded her.
Rivalry (Kim Possible)- Bonnie finds Kim's high status and popularity very aggravating, and constantly seeks to bring her down.
Relationship (Connie & Lonnie- Sisters)- Bonnie's adult sisters are seen once, boasting that one "got the brains", one "got the looks", and "Bonnie got the rest".
Reputation ("The Mean Girl")- Though Bonnie is often seen talking with people, she has no true close friends, and her ex-boyfriend referred to her as "The Mean Girl" in passing, forgetting her name.

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 1 (19)

-A crabby, annoying High School bitch of a cheerleader, Bonnie is the most generic character in Kim Possible... but still really works. Largely because the creators CONSTANTLY humiliate her, and give her comeuppance in unique, funny ways. She also exists to humanize Kim- having a competitive rival (Kim, unlike most Teen Show protagonists, is ALSO a cheerleader) who nearly always brings her down. Bonnie exists to passive-aggressively and regular-aggressively make comments about our protagonists, finding Kim annoying popular, and Ron annoyingly annoying. Most frequently, Bonnie is seen tearing Ron down, usually TO Kim, which might affect Kim's popularity in the school.

-This sort of thing makes her central to various episodes- in one, she uses Kim's mom's over-sharing to humiliate Kim, and it's paid off when Bonnie's OWN mother arrives and does the same thing to her. Another sees Bonnie leading the girls in mocking Ron for his disgust of Camp Wannaweep... until he saves them all from the mutated Gill, thus earning a "WHO'S the man, Bonnie?" "*ugh* YOU ARE...". When Kim & Ron are seen hand-in-hand, Bonnie gloats in the most aggravating way possible- "IT FINALLY HAPPENED! KIM POSSIBLE AND RON STOPPABLE ARE DATING!"- but it backfires when her boasting turns out to lead the entire school in applause. She attempts to use Ron's unpopularity and lack of athletic credentials to shame Kim for "shooting too low" in the boyfriend department, but this just leads to Ron becoming a star running back. The only real hint of depth for Bonnie comes when we meet her older sisters- a pair of glamorous types who bring down Bonnie for being beneath them- even Kim is uncomfortable having to watch this.

-Finally, bereft at her boyfriend Brick Flagg graduating and leaving her, Bonnie goes for anyone she can find, and tries to hook up with RON. Hilariously, Ron phones Brick in an attempt to hook them back up, and has an incredible one-sided conversation ("Bonnie! You know, the girl you used to date? ...well, I think calling her 'The Mean Girl' might be a bit out of--"). Bonnie ultimately gets together with Senor Senior Jr., the only person as self-absorbed as she is.

-Bonnie is a shrewish, cruel, conniving girl, but not without skills- when she pushes her way into being in charge of the Cheer Team, even Kim has to begrudgingly admit that Bonnie is good at it, having worked so hard to get the position. However, because "Status Quo Is God", Kim just smugly adds that Bonnie's going to just give up and hand it back a few weeks later when the workload promises too overwhelming.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Loving the Kim Possible run. My favorite episode is Canp Wannaweep. Really showed what Ron could do when he tried. And Naked Mole Rap is still da jam.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

I'm watching it for the first time now.
Jabroniville

Monkey Fist

Post by Jabroniville »

MONKEY FIST (Lord Montgomery Fiske)
Played By:
Tom Kane
Role: Civilized Madman, Monkey Ninja Master
PL 8 (132)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Archaeology) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (Wealth), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Takedown

Powers:
Features 2: May Use Feet As Hands [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Monkey Fist searches for the ultimate in Mystical Monkey Power, which will allow him to dominate the world.
Enemy (Ron Stoppable)- Monkey Fist holds special enmity for Ron, who has personally foiled him repeatedly.
Responsibility (D.N. Amy)- The pyschotic genetic engineer is infatuated with Monkey Fist, and he has even imprisoned himself in order to escape her clutches.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (132)

-Monkey Fist is one of the most absurd Kim Possible Rogues, and avoids the "One-Note Villain" gag identity by being a mixture of civilized aristocrat and total madman- he'd act pretty normal, but then shout "Monkey Ninjas- ATTACK!" and then cackling like a lunatic with rhetorical questions like "Would a madman have his hands and feet surgically-altered to be like a MONKEY!?!?!". Obsessed with monkeys, he had himself genetically-modified into being a literal monkey-man (complete with knuckle-walk), all in the search for mystic power. And despite the goofy appearance and name, he was actually one of Kim's more lethal foes, often seeking to directly beat our heroes to death rather than leave them to minions or deathtraps.

-Monkey Fist is a British aristocrat who is obsessed with finding the Mystical Monkey Power, typically by way of magical idols and what-not. He repeatedly engages in such Macguffin Hunts, like idols that give greater fighting strength (Ron is imbued with it instead, but is still barely able to pull out a win), a Lotus Blade, and an idol that transforms Kim into a monkey. He even kidnaps Ron's baby sister Hana during the course of one mission, leading to Ron wiping him out with a thrown rock. The character's final appearance saw him make a deal with the "dark destroyer" Yono for more power- Yono attacked Team Possible, but Hana was again involved, and avoided capture. Yono admitted defeat and Monkey Fist was permanently frozen in stone, where he remained by series end.

-Monkey Fist is actually a rather potent foe, and about on par with KP herself in terms of hand-to-hand combat. He's also easily able to defeat Ron, even when he's empowered by Mystical Monkey Power, owing to his greater experience. He thus packs a lot of "Martial Artist" stuff onto the build of a "Rich Master Criminal".

MONKEY NINJAS
Role:
Best Minions Ever
PL 4 (59)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 5 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 8 (+5)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 5 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Evasion, Fast Grab

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Simian Anatomy" Enhanced Athletics 8 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing) [2]
"Tail" Extra Limbs 1 [1]
Speed 1 (2 mph) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 mph) [1]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Monkeys cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 6 (59)

-These guys were the BEST. Monkey Fist would just shout "Monkey Ninjas- ATTACK!" and hordes of these things would fly in and require a big martial arts fight scene. Potent enough to stall our heroes, they're basically Spider Monkeys with greater fighting capability, which makes them quite the nuisance. In one episode, Kim is transformed into a monkey, and Ron brings "her" home- accidentally bringing home a legitimate ninja monkey instead. However, he dotes on Chippy so much (thinking he's KP and wants to enjoy "people things") that Chippy turns on Monkey Fist in the end.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:33 am Loving the Kim Possible run. My favorite episode is Canp Wannaweep. Really showed what Ron could do when he tried. And Naked Mole Rap is still da jam.
Haha, these builds are getting way more attention than I thought :). I’ve seen so few Kim Possible builds over the year that I didn’t think many people here had ever seen it- my fandom peaked even before I found the Atomic Think Tank.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:33 am Loving the Kim Possible run. My favorite episode is Canp Wannaweep. Really showed what Ron could do when he tried. And Naked Mole Rap is still da jam.
Haha, these builds are getting way more attention than I thought :). I’ve seen so few Kim Possible builds over the year that I didn’t think many people here had ever seen it- my fandom peaked even before I found the Atomic Think Tank.
Weirdly enough I don't think I've ever seen Kim Possible builds in 3rd edition, either, so this is great.
greycrusader

Re: Jab’s Builds (Morph! Kim Possible! Ron Stoppable! Monkey Fist!)

Post by greycrusader »

Though I never was a Km Possible fan, I'm enjoying the builds.

A "Ron Possible"-type is QUITE difficult to build in most RPG systems-Ron is defined by Rule of Cool/Crowning Moment of Awesome writing; a bumbling, usually rather dim and socially inept character who steps up in crucial moments, coming through for his friends/teammates or unexpectedly shrugging off his usual "loser guy" role. Other examples of this type include Sergio Aragones' Groo (though he's a supreme swordsmen, but usually incompetent at anything else), Homer Simpson (the non "jerkass-Homer" of the classic years), Fry and Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama, Maxwell Smart (the Steve Carrell movie version; the original succeeds through Luck and 99's intervention), and a few other action-comedy types.

In a sense, this points out the difference between fiction and role-playing, which simulates fictional genres but which struggles to duplicate certain narrative forms (such as mysteries, or romances), because the player characters' actions aren't dictated by the "writers" (GMs and adventure scenario authors).

All my best.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I like the scene in "Mother's Day" when Mrs. Dr. P. is on a mission with Kim, and they get captured. Draken's "Now that we've captured Kim Possible and... and... her sister?"

And Mrs. Dr. P. asks Kim "Is he flirting with me?"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bonnie THINKS she has the Attractive advantage.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.