B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

Post by Horsenhero »

Bulwarks Against Destruction

Okay, so here's the pitch...usually my games are lower powered, but I want to try my hand at a more "cosmic level" game. This game would be:

M&M 3rd Ed
PL 12 180pp
Set in the "Freedom City Universe"
(Though not necessarily on Earth)
4-5 characters

The characters in this game are upper tier characters and should be designed like it. This is the milieu of analogues of Silver Surfer, Superman, Thor, Adam Warlock, Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, etc. No caped crusaders, thawed super-soldiers or spider-people need apply.

The stakes will be galactic. The villains cosmic.

Anyone interested?
Last edited by Horsenhero on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McGuffin

Re: B.A.D. People (M&M 3e Interest check)

Post by McGuffin »

Ooh, I'd definitely be up for a cosmic game.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I usually play more down to earth character types these days, could be fun to let loose and make a hero that truly seems super.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ooo, some high powered play. Would like to know more about the nature of the group we'd be part of before formulating any concepts.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 am Ooo, some high powered play. Would like to know more about the nature of the group we'd be part of before formulating any concepts.
There's not much to tell. All pc's will be cosmic heroes of some sort who are drawn together by a threat to the galaxy. How tight their affiliation is outside of combating these kinds of threats will be up to the characters. Given the setting, they could come from a multitude of places. They could be Human, Ultiman, Lor, renegade Grue, or some other alien race yet to be described. They could be an incredibly powered artificial entity. They could be a Star Knight or one of the Argent or something else entirely, with or without an organizational affiliation.

I'm not as concerened with niche protection as I normally am because cosmic heroes often times have certain powers in common (Immunity at a high enough level to survive in space, flight, movement (space flight), enhanced senses, etc). I'm more concerned with fun concepts and players who play well with others.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Yes, I have a soft spot for high power games. I'm in!
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 amAll pc's will be cosmic heroes of some sort who are drawn together by a threat to the galaxy. How tight their affiliation is outside of combating these kinds of threats will be up to the characters.
This answers my question nicely. :)

If this moves forward to recruitment, I'll probably scale up Patronus (the winged warrior I pitched in Welcome to the West Side). He should scale up easily enough to cosmic level.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

You mentioned the Argent so I assume you're gonna use the new Cosmic Handbook for this? My first thought is Blooknight, a disillusioned and angry former Star Knight who's found something else to give him the strength to fight. I'm basically looking to expand the Freedomverse Knights along similar veins to the Green Lanterns and the Emotional Spectrum.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I don't have the cosmic handbook, but that doesn't mean I couldn't try coming up with a suitably cosmic character anyway. For instance... Maybe I could run with that mention of an incredibly powered artificial entity, and give it my own spin.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"new" cosmic handbook?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

The 3rd edition one. I realized I have no concept of how recent it is, just that it sets a new status quo for the cosmic side of the Freedomverse and I'd only just recently got it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ahh okay. xD I think the 3E Cosmic Handbook was 2015. :P

There is also a PDF release called The Starraiders, which I thought you maybe meant, and that's 2017, so newer.

Was just wondering if maybe I missed out on a book somewhere.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

McGuffin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 am You mentioned the Argent so I assume you're gonna use the new Cosmic Handbook for this? My first thought is Blooknight, a disillusioned and angry former Star Knight who's found something else to give him the strength to fight. I'm basically looking to expand the Freedomverse Knights along similar veins to the Green Lanterns and the Emotional Spectrum.
Yes, I'm using the Cosmic Handbook for this, as well as the Supernatural Handbook (because magic doesn't stop at Earth) and pretty much every other sourcebook I have (except Hero High for fairly obvious reasons)...but none of them are required to make a character. I can adjust the framework of the setting to work with any concept that appeals to me.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Gotcha, just trying to get a feel for if you're gonna go for a specific point/event in the timeline, if any. Is the Lor Republic still a thing, can we expect to have to deal with the Stellar Imperium, that sort of thing. Mostly I'm noodling around who my character is gonna vow vengeance on for the destruction of his home/family/planet, that kind of stuff.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

McGuffin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:10 pm Gotcha, just trying to get a feel for if you're gonna go for a specific point/event in the timeline, if any. Is the Lor Republic still a thing, can we expect to have to deal with the Stellar Imperium, that sort of thing. Mostly I'm noodling around who my character is gonna vow vengeance on for the destruction of his home/family/planet, that kind of stuff.
Collapsar has consumed Magna-Lor and the Lor Republic has been absorbed by the Imperium. Star Khan is cast as a villain for this, though individual members of the Imperium may not be. Just as Blackstar is a villain and the Blackguards are generally villainous, if someone wanted to play one who was more heroic (or at least an anti-hero) and could figure out how to do so... i'd allow it.