B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: B.A.D. People (M&M 3e Recruiting until 1/8)

Post by Horsenhero »

went ahead and officially made this a recruiting thread. I'll recruit for 5 days to keep things short and sweet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I would so love to see what you do with a higher level game...

Working on an Argent, but don’t want it to be as single minded as they are portrayed in the CHB.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:59 pm I would so love to see what you do with a higher level game...

Working on an Argent, but don’t want it to be as single minded as they are portrayed in the CHB.
Yeah, feel free to add a little nuance to a pc.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cool. I'll scale up Patronus at work tonight and get him posted.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Hmm, cosmic heroes, sounds intriguing. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

This sounds interesting, so I'll work something up and see what I can come up with.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Coming soon, Lieutenant Magna-Lor!

In the panicked crumbling days of the Lor Republic, about to become the Stellar Imperium, idealistic Republic Star Navy Lt. Jodan Renz stole advanced military projects to keep them out of the Star Khan's hands. Inspired by tales of the Patriot and Lady Liberty from his godfather the Earthman Daedalus, Jodan has made himself into a new symbol of freedom and defiance that shall not die, Lieutenant Magna-Lor!

(Not sure whether to focus more on the super-soldier element of Captain America in Space!, weapon mastery or both.)
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 am Coming soon, Lieutenant Magna-Lor!

In the panicked crumbling days of the Lor Republic, about to become the Stellar Imperium, idealistic Republic Star Navy Lt. Jodan Renz stole advanced military projects to keep them out of the Star Khan's hands. Inspired by tales of the Patriot and Lady Liberty from his godfather the Earthman Daedalus, Jodan has made himself into a new symbol of freedom and defiance that shall not die, Lieutenant Magna-Lor!

(Not sure whether to focus more on the super-soldier element of Captain America in Space!, weapon mastery or both.)
Just make sure to give him some sort of way to travel and survive in space since the team is going to be left to their own devices for interstellar transport.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm not familiar enough with Freedomverse's cosmic lineup. Are there any living planet expys a la Ego? I'm thinking of pulling off something like what happened in GOTG2, though with a cybernetic version who didn't want to turn the entire universe into himself. :P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:25 am I'm not familiar enough with Freedomverse's cosmic lineup. Are there any living planet expys a la Ego? I'm thinkibg of pulling off something like what happened in GOTG2, though with a cybernetic version who didn't want to turn the entire universe into himself. :P
There could be. This is to say, there is no Ego analogue directly mentioned, but the door for one to exist is wide open.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Put my initial idea in my character thread. Mostly because I want to see how my Silver Surfer analogue plays out before committing to a version.

Either way, I'm going with an Argent.

I am choosing to not go with the Variable as written in the Argent Template. Limits me and forces Power Stunting, but I think it will be more of a fun character if it has limits.

It occurs to me that there is an "error" in the Argent template - Either the Machine Forms (Morph) was meant as descriptor for the Variable (And is thus not needed/ a "waste" of 10 points) or should be at Rank 3.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:19 am
EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 am Coming soon, Lieutenant Magna-Lor!

Just make sure to give him some sort of way to travel and survive in space since the team is going to be left to their own devices for interstellar transport.
May possibly instead adapt the concept to mesh Captain America in Spaces! motif with psionic powers. We shall see.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet

Name: Facet of Iam
Height: 6'0
Weight: 200lbs.
Place of Creation: Iam
"Life, it truly is a fascinating concept isn't it?"
Description
Facet takes the form of a tall human male in his mid to late twenties, one with an impeccably sculpted face and soothing voice that was perfectly engineered to be, for lack of a better word, beautiful. His hair is an unnatural and exotic navy hue, complimenting the rose pink eyes set within Facet's face.

When he activates his combat programming, every ounce of compassion melts away as his body undergoes a dramatic change. Perfectly fair skin fades away to reveal uniform hexagonal plating, an ominous red glow emitted from the seams. His clothing, normally fashionable and striking, re-threads itself into an easy breathing black cloak composed of extremely dense hyperweave. Red specks of cosmic energy longer around his hands, ready to be recomposed into either a pair of brutal daggers or devastating blasters.
-------------------------------------
It started with a single cell freshly formed out of a thick primordial ooze, which divides and split again and again, hungry and desperate to continue the existence of it's very DNA. From the simple cells came the the microbials, evolving even more into simple fauna who roamed the seabed in search of more sustenance. Each time it evolved, split, divided into something new and different, it of course never lost its basest instincts. Yet there was something more it never lost. It's sense of self. Every new microbe, every plant, each individual animal, they all worked in tandem under a single, primitive conscious mind.

The will to spread and grow pushed it onto land, spreading plant life across the continents with the help of arial bodies, forming the basis for the land-bound bodies who roamed in search of new land, new territory, more ways to spread. It came to the point where simply searching above ground wasn't enough, and it turned itself downward. Excavation, adaption, spreading it's roots down as far as it could go. Spiraling further and further, until at last it finally had to stop.

Everything had been consumed. All had been brought together under one mind, whose mental neurons stretched for miles beneath the surface of it skin. For the first time, no longer driven by primitive desire, a single thought danced through it's mind.

"I am... To what purpose?"
-------------------------------------

Complications
Motivation: (Thrills) Experience all that life has to offer Iam may have been alive for eons, but it has never really 'lived' until it started to poke around the galaxy using it's mechanical puppets. Facet is driven by this desire, to go out and experience new things wherever they may be, to never hesitate when given the chance to see or do something new and exciting. Acting as a hero, fighting villains and other cosmic entities? What could be more exciting then that?

Iam, the First World: Facet is merely meant to be puppet which Iam uses to interact with the larger galaxy. Truthfuly, it's merely a small fragment of Iam's mind that operates it's android puppet. Fragment though it may be, it still guides Facet througout his journey. If something truly devastating and apocalyptic were to happen to his true body Facet would also come to an end.

Just one?: Facet may be one of Iam's favorite, but he is by no means the cosmic being's only puppet out there roaming the galaxy. Some are like him, handsome and beautiful, others are more alien and bizarre. Each of them has their own 'personality' to them, something that Iam wishes to learn and experience. A rare few are even out there acting out his darker desires, committing murder and other unsavory acts all in the name of experiencing everything.

"Oh my, now what's this?": There are many things that Iam has never experienced or seen before, and as such these things often catch his eye and distract him from his tasks. This says nothing for the times when he simply carelessly pockets any little thing that vaguely interests him, with no propper understanding of personal ownership.

Increased Aggressive Response: When the situation calls for it, Facet looses most of his higher reasoning capabilities as the automatic defense programs are brought online. When in this mode, it's impossible for him to think rationally outside of what would eliminate his current threats the fastest.

Who's really in control? Iam is supposed to be the one directing Facet's every move, yet there has been a disturbing trend in the last few years. On various occasions, it almost seems like Facet has started to operate on it's own, moving a different direction or saying things that were never intended. What this means to Iam is a mystery, yet a curious and not wholly unwelcome one.
Abilities: 12-10+12+8+10,+10,+8,+4=54
Strength 6, Stamina -, Agility 6, Dexterity 4
Fighting 5, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages 8
Atractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Jack-Of-All-Trades

Skills 24(48)
Ex: Cosmic Lore 6 (+11), Deception 10 (+12/+17), Investigation 10 (+15), Perception 12 (+16), Persuasion 10 (+12/+17)

Powers 75+6=81

Cosmic Android: 30+10+6+12+13+4=75
..Inorganic Construction: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) 30
..Hardened Shell: Protection 10 10
..Backup Models: Immortality 3 (1 week)6
..Cosmic Reforging: Persistent Regeneration 6 (-1 Every other Round) 12
..Propultionless Flight: Subtle 2 Aquatic Flight 5 (900 ft.) 13
..Interstellar: Movement 2 (Space Travel) 4

Combat Mode: 6
..Iniatiate Destructive Capabilities: Metamorph Morph 1 6
Abilities: 16-10+12+12+16+0+8+0=54
Strength 8, Stamina -, Agility 6, Dexterity 6
Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages 7
Takedown 2, Weapon Bind, Move-By-Attack, Interpose, Improved Disarm, Fearless

Skills
Ranged Combat: Cosmic Blasters 10 (+16)

Powers 71+6+20=97

Observation Mode: 6
..Initiate Higher Reasoning: Metamorph Morph 1 6

Cosmic Battlemech: 30+11+6+11+13=71
..Inorganic Construction: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) 30
..Ultradurable Plating: Noticeable Protection 11 10
..Backup Models: Immortality 3 (1 week)6
..Cosmic Reforging: Persistent Regeneration 6 (-1 Every other Round) 12
..Propultionless Flight: Subtle 2 Aquatic Flight 5(900 ft.) 13

Weapon Systems 20
..Quickforged-Smart Daggers: Accurate Strength-Based Penetrative 10 Multiatack Damage 6 18+2
....Cosmic-Blasters: Ranged Multiattack Damage 8 17/18
....Cosmic Eruption: Close Ranged Burst Area Damage 9 18/18

Offense
Initiative: 6
Unarmed: +8, DC 23
Q-S-Daggers: +10, DC 29 Pen 10 Multiattack
Cosmic Blasters: +16 DC 23, Multiattack
Cosmic Eruption: Close Range 30ft. Burst DC 24

Defense 8+4+5=17
Dodge 8 (+12), Parry 4 (+12), Fortitude Immune, Toughness 11 (+11), Will 5 (+9)

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 97 + Advantages 7 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 180/180
Offense
Initiative: +6
Unarmed: +5 DC 21

Defense 4+4+5=13
Dodge 4 (+10), Parry (+12), Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10 (+10), Will 5 (+9)

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 81 + Advantages 8 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 180/180
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I've changed my mind on what I want to build.

There was a game back on ATT that I built something pretty unique for, a concept I would like to revisit since I don't think the game lasted long.

A sentient and sapient cosmic sword. I have mechanic ideas allowing for another party member to wield it, though it also has a summon that can create a body to wield itself.

It may not be an exact mechanical replica of the original (since that was built like....7-8 years ago and I don't think I have the sheet anymore), but I am going to take a crack at replicating the concept.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:53 am I've changed my mind on what I want to build.

There was a game back on ATT that I built something pretty unique for, a concept I would like to revisit since I don't think the game lasted long.

A sentient and sapient cosmic sword. I have mechanic ideas allowing for another party member to wield it, though it also has a summon that can create a body to wield itself.

It may not be an exact mechanical replica of the original (since that was built like....7-8 years ago and I don't think I have the sheet anymore), but I am going to take a crack at replicating the concept.
I have reservations about the concept myself. Very "Stormbringer", but dependent on another PC to use it instead of relying on their own talents and abilities which THAT player worked hard to build into a playable character seems very much like a non-starter for most.

I won't make any final judgements until I see a build, but I have serious concerns about playability and game balance related to such a build.