Jab’s Builds! (Sword of Sodan! Nightmare Creatures/Circus! Lawnmower Man!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (Spider-Ham! Shiva! S.H.O.C.! The Sentinels!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That darn Bugs Bunny ruined everything. ;P

Or maybe it was everyone else that ruined it, by not getting the joke in the first place. Still, I find it interesting how the meaning of that name changed so drastically due to it's use in a cartoon. Pop culture is pretty incredible.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Stunt-Master

Post by Jabroniville »

STUNT-MASTER (George Smith)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Gene Colan
First Appearance: Daredevil #48 (Nov. 1969)
Role: One-Off Villain
Group Affiliations: The Initiative (The Cavalry)
PL 6 (78)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Stunt Performer) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Vehicles 7 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Flying Motorcycle), Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Justice)- After a brief time as a criminal, Stunt-Master joined the good fight.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (78)

-Stunt-Master is a filler, one-off Daredevil villain, but reformed after failing to kill DD (he'd been hired by a generic crime boss). He later teamed up with Ghost Rider & the Avengers against the Grim Reaper, at which point he disappeared for decades, only to reappear as part of the Fifty States Initiative, becoming part of Georgia's team. He was only seen a couple more times, largely there because somebody probably saw his bio and went "oh hey- let's use this random guy". As a one-off Silver Age foe who was only briefly useful elsewhere, I'm gonna leave him at only PL 6.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Never heard of Stunt-Master before, but doing a quick google search brought up the funny fact that he was only paid $1000.00 to kill Daredevil...
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

he's kind lame but I gotta give props to him calling his vehicle a Suicycle
Jabroniville

Savage Steel

Post by Jabroniville »

Did they just... recolor Extant?

SAVAGE STEEL I-IV (Harry Lennox, Paul Trent, Arthur Vale, Jimmy Zafar, others)
Created By:
Danny Fingeroth & Mike Manley
First Appearance: Darkhawk #4 (June 1991)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The NYPD, The Cabal
PL 8 (120)
STRENGTH
2/10 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Police Officer) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Police Officer), Equipment 2 (Police Handgun +5), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Savage Steel Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [57]
Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 5) (13)
"Targeting Computer" Enhanced Advantages 2: Ranged Attack 2 (2)
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Suffocation) (Flaws: Limited to One Hour) (1)
"Boot Jets" Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)

"Gas Grenades" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Ranged, Cumulative) (24) -- (27)
  • AE: Electrical Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
  • AE: "Flares" Dazzle Visuals 8 (16)
  • AE: "Sonic Weaponry" Dazzle Hearing 8 (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (16)
-- (71 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Steel Armor +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Blasts +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Dazzles +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Gas Grenades +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- The cops that use the armor wish to use it to kill criminals, rather than simply allow them to move through the prison system.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 7 (120)

-Savage Steel is a series of characters in the Darkhawk book- a recurring villain other than Evilhawk. The "character" is actually a suit of armor worn by a series of NYPD officers, disillusioned with their careers and the lenient stance on crime the justice system promoted. Instead, the cops banded together and decided to EXECUTE criminals rather than jailing them. They were given armore from Stane International, based off of a Stark design, and the cops took turns wearing the armor. The armor was used against Darkhawk several times, and even the Punisher got involved. Eventually, Darkhawk beat the armor down, and most members of this police "Cabal" were arrested.

-However, another cop, Arthur Vale, grabbed the armor and faced Iron Man in the suit. Iron Man deactivated the armor in a scene calling back to Armor Wars. Jimmy Zafar released both Lennox & Vale from custody, and battled terrorists alongside Darkhawk, this time appearing to be an actual good guy. He wasn't a major deal though, as the Darkhawk book was cancelled- a criminal "Savage Steel" later showed up as a one-off victim of a crazed Black Knight, being badly injured.

-Savage Steel is enough to tangle with Darkhawk for a bit, but will lose against an established superhero after a point- he's just a PL 8 Powersuit Guy, and as it's a bunch of non-focused cops using the suit instead of just one cop, the statline is pretty low (how many Elite Fighters would their really be on the NYPD? They're lower than HAND NINJAS on the "Always Jobbing In Comics" scale!).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

L-Space wrote:Never heard of Stunt-Master before, but doing a quick google search brought up the funny fact that he was only paid $1000.00 to kill Daredevil...
To be fair, if he succeeded, he could probably collect on a few bounties after the fact. Beforehand, though... an employer should probably not pay too much up front for a job they're not confident will be completed. Daredevil is kind of a tough mark. Granted, no one would know exactly how tough yet, because Stunt-Master predates Bullseye by about seven years... but still. Killing superheroes is not something you should expect a high probability of success on.
Jabroniville

Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Jabroniville »

SPIRIT OF VENGENANCE (Wileaydus Autolycus)
Created By:
Jim Valentino
First Appearance: Guardians of the Galaxy #12 (May 1991)
Role: Future Version of Popular Hero, Chash-In Attempt
Group Affiliation: The Midnight Sons, The Secret Defenders, The New Fantastic Four
PL 10 (203)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Religion) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+10)
Perception 2 (+5)
Vehicles 6 (+11)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Improved Critical (Chain), Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
Soulfire Blast 8 (Extras: Will Save) (24) -- [29]
  • AE: Hellfire Blast 8 (Feats: Penetrating 8) (24)
  • AE: "Chain" Blast 7 (Feats: Extended Reach, Accurate) (16)
  • AE: "Moving Chain" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (21)
  • AE: "Chain Snare" Snare 8 (Flaws: Limited to A Few Targets) (16)
  • AE: "Shuriken Chain" Blast 5 (Feats: Accurate 2, Extended Reach) (Extras: Multiattack) (20)
Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [5]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]

"Frickin' Sweet Ride"
Flight 8 (500 mph) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) [16]
Movement 2 (Space Travel) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) [4]
"Ride Through Flames" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2, Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path, Limited to Vehicles) [18]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Hellfire +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Soulfire +10 (+8 Ranged Will Damage, DC 23)
Chain +12 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Moving Chain +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Chain Snare +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Ride Through Flames +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (The Universal Church of Truth)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 110 / Defenses: 12 (203)

-Spirit of Vengeance shows up in Jim Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy series, and you can pretty much SEE them trying to cash in on the popularity of Ghost Rider (then one of Marvel's top-selling characters- ah, the '90s), throwing a "Cool Future Version" on a SPACE BIKE, and having him pal around with some of the Guardians' allies in the "Galactic Guardians" (a group featuring mainly future versions of established characters, like the immortal Wonder Man as "Hollywood", Firelord, The Vision, and more). He's a religious zealot who opposes the Universal Church of Truth (an "Evil Religion" created by Jim Starlin for his Warlock tales), and ends up allying with the Guardians. He doesn't seem to appear much beyond an arc or two, so this was probably an attempt at a temporary sales-boost.

-Spirit of Vengeance is essentially "Ghost Rider Lite", replacing the Motorcycle with a Flying Space Bike, but losing the Penance Stare. He's PL 10 and can fly in space, but is a bit cheaper than the "mainstream" GR, if only because there's less to go on.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (S.H.O.C.! Sentinels! Stuntmaster! Savage Steel!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That really is a frickin sweet ride, and I can certainly see the resemblence to the normal ghost rider. Minor thing about that though, you seem to have included the power loss for penance srare despite him not having that ability.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Another meandering ramble about the "S" set:

This set was initially going to be a bit bigger, and include a handful of recognizable Alpha Flighters, a God, and some others. But looking at the other guys I hadn't reposted from the ATT/original 3e thread, I realized that some of those guys really needed to get posted in sets of their own (it'd been 5 years since I posted Alpha Flight builds, and my posting/commentary style has changed enough since then to make that worth it).

So I figured on doing an AF run after this one was over, but maybe with some accelerated posting for the unchanged builds (Radius, Flex...). I'm not sure exactly HOW fast (too many, and you bury the commentary; too few a you get bogged down with lazy reposts), but a bit faster. Or I'll just dump the "unchanged" guys at once, then focus on standard-speed posts for the others. Thoughts?

You might have also noticed me posting a bunch of extra "Sentinels"-related stuff. That's because I'd gotten to them in the "S" list, but figured that I'd put up related posts, even though those were only from recent, Ronin Army posts. I kind of want all my builds on one thread EVENTUALLY, but without just spamming them out. Some related interconnected stuff expedites that.
Razzputin

Post by Razzputin »

Jabroniville wrote:So I figured on doing an AF run after this one was over, but maybe with some accelerated posting for the unchanged builds (Radius, Flex...). I'm not sure exactly HOW fast (too many, and you bury the commentary; too few a you get bogged down with lazy reposts), but a bit faster. Or I'll just dump the "unchanged" guys at once, then focus on standard-speed posts for the others. Thoughts?
For what it's worth I vote dump the unchanged guys, then focus on standard-speed posts.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That's one vote! I kind of thought of doing an "Archive-Only" thread of builds, but re-posting builds is actually a heck of a lot more time-consuming than you'd think. So I think I'll leave that and only do "Build-Dumps" when necessary (like with most of the Young X-Men or Imperial Guard).

Heh- it was bound to happen (actually, I've almost done this before, but stopped once I read part of the bio and remembered it): http://roninarmy.com/threads/149-Jab-s- ... #post38276

Yes, I had in fact BUILT Savage Steel before! And then forgot about it! And then I just built him all over again! With... a slightly different statline! And the old one had PL 9 status? Hell, this dude has PL 8 written all over him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Scorcher

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SCORCHER (Steven Hudak)
Created By:
Kurt Busiek & Pal Olliffe
First Appearance: Untold Tales of Spider-Man #1 (Sept. 1995)
Role: Jobber Villain, Blaster
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)
Technology 5 (+10)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Fire Blast), Inventor, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Scorcher Power-Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [37]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)
Immunity 6 (Heat, Fire Damage) (6)

Fire Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17) -- (19)
  • AE: "Fire Wave" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16)
  • AE: "Fire Storm" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (16)
-- (46 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Fire Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Fire Area Attacks +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+7 Suit), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Responsibility (Temper)- Scorcher is prone to acting rashly, and letting his temper get the best of him.
Relationship (Ex-Wife)- Hudak promised his ex-wife to give up crime, but he ultimately went back to it.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 11 (110)

-The Scorcher is CLASSIC Jobber material. Created as an early foe for Spidey in the Untold Tales retcon book, he was just your everyday cliched super-villain- Angry Scientist Showing Them All mixed with Elemental Blaster guy. So Jobber-y was he, that he effectively became a Shocker-level goon overnight, soon becoming just "One Of Those Guys" you often see in background shots at The Bar With No Name or single-panel ass-kickings- oddly, the ONLY character from Untold Tales that went on to recur on any serious level. He's been in the Masters of Evil, The Hood's army, and in Taskmaster's class of villains at Camp Hammond, but he didn't really do much in any instance. When The Shocker just has too much credibility for the fight, you call The Scorcher. He just flat-out sucks and is generic as hell... the perfect Jobber. Were he a wrestler, he'd be Barry Horowitz or the late S.D. Jones.

-Scorcher's a jobber of a PL 8, packing some Ranged Power and Area Fire Attacks, but little else. He's no great shakes defensively (PL 7-7.5) either, meaning that he'll go down like a shot to an experienced PL 10 hero. Which, of course, reflects his comic book appearances. He's also your standard Minor League Comic Book Scientist underneath it all.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razzputin

Post by Razzputin »

Jabroniville wrote:Heh- it was bound to happen (actually, I've almost done this before, but stopped once I read part of the bio and remembered it): http://roninarmy.com/threads/149-Jab-s- ... #post38276

Yes, I had in fact BUILT Savage Steel before! And then forgot about it! And then I just built him all over again! With... a slightly different statline! And the old one had PL 9 status? Hell, this dude has PL 8 written all over him.
Okay I'm really surprised this hasn't happened a few times because to your credit you have an insane number of builds. Thank you for that.
RUSCHE

Re: Savage Steel

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

Did they just... recolor Extant?

SAVAGE STEEL I-IV (Harry Lennox, Paul Trent, Arthur Vale, Jimmy Zafar, others)
Created By:
Danny Fingeroth & Mike Manley
First Appearance: Darkhawk #4 (June 1991)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
2/8 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Expertise (Police Officer) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Police Handgun +5), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Savage Steel Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [48]
Enhacned Strength 6 (12)
Protection 6 (6)
"Targeting Computer" Enhanced Advantages 2: Ranged Attack 2 (2)
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Suffocation) (Flaws: Limited to One Hour) (1)
"Boot Jets" Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)

"Gas Grenades" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Ranged, Cumulative) (24) -- (27)
  • AE: Electrical Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
  • AE: "Flares" Dazzle Visuals 8 (16)
  • AE: "Sonic Weaponry" Dazzle Hearing 8 (16)
-- (60 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blasts +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Dazzles +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Gas Grenades +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Justice)- The cops that use the armor wish to use it to kill criminals, rather than simply allow them to move through the prison system.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 7 (110)

-Savage Steel is a series of characters in the Darkhawk book- a recurring villain other than Evilhawk. The "character" is actually a suit of armor worn by a series of NYPD officers, disillusioned with their careers and the lenient stance on crime the justice system promoted. Instead, the cops banded together and decided to EXECUTE criminals rather than jailing them. They were given armore from Stane International, based off of a Stark design, and the cops took turns wearing the armor. The armor was used against Darkhawk several times, and even the Punisher got involved. Eventually, Darkhawk beat the armor down, and most members of this police "Cabal" were arrested.

-However, another cop, Arthur Vale, grabbed the armor and faced Iron Man in the suit. Iron Man deactivated the armor in a scene calling back to Armor Wars. Jimmy Zafar released both Lennox & Vale from custody, and battled terrorists alongside Darkhawk, this time appearing to be an actual good guy. He wasn't a major deal though, as the Darkhawk book was cancelled- a criminal "Savage Steel" later showed up as a one-off victim of a crazed Black Knight, being badly injured.

-Savage Steel is enough to tangle with Darkhawk for a bit, but will lose against an established superhero after a point- he's just a PL 8 Powersuit Guy, and as it's a bunch of non-focused cops using the suit instead of just one cop, the statline is pretty low (how many Elite Fighters would their really be on the NYPD? They're lower than HAND NINJAS on the "Always Jobbing In Comics" scale!).
Am I the only one that things Savage Steel sounds like a 80's hair band name?
Jabroniville

Scorpia

Post by Jabroniville »

SCORPIA (Elaine Colls, aka The Scorpion II)
Created By:
Gregory Wright & Darick Robertson
First Appearance: Spider-Man: The Power of Terror #2 (Feb. 1995)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (to The Scorpion), Psycho-For-Hire
Group Affiliations: The Sinister Syndicate, The Sinister Six
PL 8 (95)
STRENGTH
2/6 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+4, +8 Suit)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Scorpia Costume" [29]
Enhanced Strength 4 (8)
"Micro-Thin Force Field" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)
"Tail" Extra Limbs 1 (1)

"Tail Blaster" Blast 8 (Feats: Variable- Electrical, Microwave, Laser & Plasma) (17) -- (18)
  • AE: "Tail & Pincers" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (9)
-- (36 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Scorpia Costume +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Tail & Pincers +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Tail Blaster +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 Scorpia Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 11 (95)

-This character debuted WAY earlier than I thought- I figured her for a chick Scorpion meant to replace Mac Gargan when he became the second Venom, but instead she was created in the '90s by Silvermane as a villainous minion. Why he went to a MENTAL INSTITUTION for a subject is beyond me, but this is an Elderly Cybernetic Mafiosi, so who knows what the hell goes through his brain? She was betrayed by him and went solo, but eventually joined a Jobbery version of The Sinister Six who were trying to stop Kaine from killing more of them (like he'd done to Dr. Octopus), but after that, sort of vanished. She would appear from time to time in background scenes or just to brawl with Spider-Man, but never really did too much. She was last seen in The Fearless Defenders as one of Caroline Le Fay's background Lady Mooks, just as filler.

-Scorpia is basically a weak PL 8 Gargan knock-off, with a Tail Blaster and mini-Force Field.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.