Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: Condition: le groovy Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 1

"Zo, what are ze 'dibs'?" Adrien calls back towards Xavion. Le Petit Hercule then leapt over towards Whale Shark.

(<He isn't grown yet, so I don't know if he's that resilient yet. Still he took that hit from Flyby pretty well,>0o. Adrien thought as he shot through the air. (<And what is she saying about...>)0o. And a 1977 rock song by Heart became an ear-worm for Adrien.

Landing next to Whale Shark, Adrien aimed a punch towards Whale Shark's bread basket.

Aiming for the bread basket of Whale Shark: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
That's 15 damage. 10 for Hercule's strength, and 5 because of his improved critical (unarmed).
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Fine

Taking a look at the Agents of Aquarius, Silver Witch remembers something the Doctor said back at the boardroom. "Guys, something's fishy here. Doctor Mercury mentioned that Barracuda didn't have the pirate look any longer, that he had himself genetically-modified. So why does this Barracuda dress like a pirate with no genetic modifications to be seen? I think we are dealing with a bunch of fakes. Time to test that theory by blasting the one who is already damaged." Forming a giant energy cannon, she takes aim at Triggerfish and opens fire with a huge blast of blinding silver energy.

OOC: Int 4 and Eidetic Memory, so Silver Witch definitely remembers what Doctor Mercury said about Barracuda. Silver Energy Blast on Triggerfish: Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 DC 24, Multiattack so +2 DC if hit by 2 Degrees, +5 in the unlikely event she hit by 3 Degrees.
(lol, rolled a 1)

The attack is not only very successful, it works FAR better than you'd expect- Triggerfish not only eats the full blast... Triggerfish EXPLODES!! A huge eruption of fire and scrap gets debris on Slyce and other nearby Agents of Aquarius members.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 am le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: Condition: le groovy Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 1

"Zo, what are ze 'dibs'?" Adrien calls back towards Xavion. Le Petit Hercule then leapt over towards Whale Shark.

(<He isn't grown yet, so I don't know if he's that resilient yet. Still he took that hit from Flyby pretty well,>0o. Adrien thought as he shot through the air. (<And what is she saying about...>)0o. And a 1977 rock song by Heart became an ear-worm for Adrien.

Landing next to Whale Shark, Adrien aimed a punch towards Whale Shark's bread basket.

Aiming for the bread basket of Whale Shark: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
That's 15 damage. 10 for Hercule's strength, and 5 because of his improved critical (unarmed).
(26 toughness save, so Bruised)
Whale Shark takes a lurch back, and you hear the distinct crumple of something VERY solid beneath his costume. He slides backwards with your fist driving him back, failing to "sell" the damage any, and merely utters "You are dead".
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Meanwhile, Helix (who's been waiting SO patiently, lol) is flying about on his daily observation, when he sees several police cars sailing down the streets, sirens blaring, headed towards the marina. If you saw the news that day, you might remember hearing about the Agents of Aquarius's attack on an auction.

(Helix will arrive at the end of Round 2, at which point you can roll Initiative, Hawk. Welcome to the game :)!)

Meanwhile, the other Agents, neither surprised nor worried about the arrival of some costumed opponents, keep up their slow march.

Knifefish rears back and throws a punch at Slyce, but misses (17).
Blue Shark is closest to Hercule, and thus goes for him, attempting a vicious backhand, but also misses (9).
Sawtooth and Sunfish attack Slyce, missing as well (17). Both use unarmed melee attacks, even though Sunfish is supposed to be an Energy Blaster.
Thresher Shark attempts to whip Hercule, but misses badly (UGH- none of these guys can hit- take a Hero Point). On the rebound, he swings back his elongated wrist weapon, successfully blasting Hercule across the face (24, DC 23 Damage).

Semilla's turn! Also, The Shield should have arrived at the end of his turn (18 Init), but nobody's targetting him yet :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla moves up to where the enemies are. Are there any sources of magic or spells in effect?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 2 Condition: le groovy Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 1
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 am Whale Shark takes a lurch back, and you hear the distinct crumple of something VERY solid beneath his costume. He slides backwards with your fist driving him back, failing to "sell" the damage any, and merely utters "You are dead".
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 am Triggerfish not only eats the full blast... Triggerfish EXPLODES!! A huge eruption of fire and scrap gets debris on Slyce and other nearby Agents of Aquarius members.
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 am Knifefish rears back and throws a punch at Slyce, but misses (17).
Blue Shark is closest to Hercule, and thus goes for him, attempting a vicious backhand, but also misses (9).
Sawtooth and Sunfish attack Slyce, missing as well (17). Both use unarmed melee attacks, even though Sunfish is supposed to be an Energy Blaster.
Thresher Shark attempts to whip Hercule, but misses badly (UGH- none of these guys can hit- take a Hero Point). On the rebound, he swings back his elongated wrist weapon, successfully blasting Hercule across the face (24, DC 23 Damage).
Toughness check vs Thresher Shark: 1D20+12 = [14]+12 = 26

"Non, pas mort! (No, not dead!)" Hercule responds, his only response to the face slap was the brief return to his native tongue. "Not yet. I am alive. Not like you ... automates." His use of the French word for automatons was due to his not knowing the English.

He notes to see if Whale Shark has gotten any taller.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[So as not to delay things...]

While determining the involvement of magic, or lack thereof, Semilla mutters a spell to restrain the opponents. It'd be best to have them contained, especially since they tend to explode.
"Entangle" Ymyrryd Affliction 9 (Dodge/Strength; Hindered, Vulnerable & Impaired/Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled) (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Cumulative, Extra Condition +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree)

As many as she can get. DC19 Dodge for half effect then DC 19 or 14 Dodge. Hopefully they are minion-bots and any failure engulfs them.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

"Stay here and Stay down." She put the jerk behind cover and made sure that everyone else in the room found cover as well. Then she made sure to remain in full ghost mode while keeping an eye on action via the yachts security systems.

"That full list you promised Better get it now before the Agents get here and decide you're more trouble then you're worth as a loose end, and you end up as Fish food." she said quietly her making sure she emphasized the words as needed this whole affair could work nicely in their favor if she played this right

Halcyons initiative for when she finally engages _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
meh

Shell remain hidden for now and see if she can get rich boy to slip up

She will be using her Skill mastery of deception to ease the suggestion into his head that the agents are coming for him as loose end to tie up to plant the idea that he better cooperate that's a base 24 with any circumstance bonus from the fact that the agents are wrecking the place if any added after ;)

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 pm [So as not to delay things...]

While determining the involvement of magic, or lack thereof, Semilla mutters a spell to restrain the opponents. It'd be best to have them contained, especially since they tend to explode.
"Entangle" Ymyrryd Affliction 9 (Dodge/Strength; Hindered, Vulnerable & Impaired/Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled) (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Cumulative, Extra Condition +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree)

As many as she can get. DC19 Dodge for half effect then DC 19 or 14 Dodge. Hopefully they are minion-bots and any failure engulfs them.
There is no magic present thus far, as far as you can tell.

The characters affected by your attack (since most have closed into melee): Dogfish, Thresher Shark, Barracuda, Whale Shark, Blue Shark.

Dogfish passes the check (22), as does Thresher Shark (22). Barracuda fails (5), as does Blue Shark (10).

Dogfish is caught up badly, but manages to get himself free (utterly biffs it, so I re-rolled to hit 19- take a Hero Point). Thresher Shark is totally hit (3), and is affected by all three- Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled. Barracuda, Blue Shark & Whale Shark are merely affected by the first (11 & 10)- they are Vulnerable & Impaired.

Mustang (who I'm still playing) arrives, prepared to fight. "YOU!!!" He shouts, looking at Sawtooth- "Prepare to be SUPLEXED... INTO THINGS!!!!"

Whale Shark, a bit tangled, attempts to give Hercule an attack of his own, but misses badly (13). Barracuda is next, but also misses his target (10).

Flyby, mixed up by hitting Whale Shark, is a bit stunned, but attempts to fight Dogfish- he misses (14- my D20 is cursed).

Slyce's turn, then Dogfish's & Silver Witch's!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 pm Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

"Stay here and Stay down." She put the jerk behind cover and made sure that everyone else in the room found cover as well. Then she made sure to remain in full ghost mode while keeping an eye on action via the yachts security systems.

"That full list you promised Better get it now before the Agents get here and decide you're more trouble then you're worth as a loose end, and you end up as Fish food." she said quietly her making sure she emphasized the words as needed this whole affair could work nicely in their favor if she played this right

Halcyons initiative for when she finally engages _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
meh

Shell remain hidden for now and see if she can get rich boy to slip up

She will be using her Skill mastery of deception to ease the suggestion into his head that the agents are coming for him as loose end to tie up to plant the idea that he better cooperate that's a base 24 with any circumstance bonus from the fact that the agents are wrecking the place if any added after ;)

"WHAT?! Who the hell was THAT? ANOTHER invisible person?" the man shouts, remembering the invisible Agent of Aquarius from before. He's more angry than scared. "If you idiots think you can trace anything back to me, you're crazy!"

When Halcyon bluffs that the Agents might be searching for him specifically, he convinces himself she's not telling him the truth. "You don't know that! You couldn't know that! The guy's image said they were coming after whichever HEROES got involved- not ME!" (I rolled a 10, his Deception is 10 since he's a professional liar/businessman, and there's a +5 modifier because he'd be giving up information to put himself at risk, largely neutralizing the danger of the situation).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(Okay, let's let Slyce delay so we can keep moving. Silver Witch is next :))

Dogfish is startled when Triggerfish explodes. "WHAAAATTT?!? My teammate was a ROBOT?!? They didn't tell me my teammate was a robot!! And... I can't smell scents on any of the others! Why did they send me out here with ROBOTS? They said this was a very important mission!"

Angered, he fires a harpoon at Silver Witch, trying for a very direct shot, but it deflects off of her Force Field. (11 + 8 -2 for Power Attack... misses by two. Ah well, it was his only shot to do damage, since she has Impervious :))

(SW's turn!)
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 SP: 1

"Hey, don't try and take your frustration out on me. It sounds like your supposed allies treated you as a disposable asset, so why should you stick around if that is all they see you as? As for me, I've always wanted to take down a pirate, even a fake robot one will do." Reforming the energy cannon into twin pistols in her hands, she opens fire with a barrage of energy bolts on Barracuda.

OOC: Silver Energy Blast at Barracuda: Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 DC 24 if that hits.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 pm Silver Witch
HP: 1 SP: 1

"Hey, don't try and take your frustration out on me. It sounds like your supposed allies treated you as a disposable asset, so why should you stick around if that is all they see you as? As for me, I've always wanted to take down a pirate, even a fake robot one will do." Reforming the energy cannon into twin pistols in her hands, she opens fire with a barrage of energy bolts on Barracuda.

OOC: Silver Energy Blast at Barracuda: Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 DC 24 if that hits.
(The robots are all DC 18 to hit, so unfortunately that misses. Damn- I rolled an "18" for Toughness, too! What a waste of a roll!)

Order Now:
Hercule: 20
Knifefish: 19
The Shield: 18
Blue Shark: 18 (Vulnerable & Impaired)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

HP: 1

A virtual train of Police vehicle's with lights on and sirens blaring catches the Apache superhero' s attention. "Well, what do we have here? Apparently there's a party going on. It's fortunate that I am dressed for the occasion. I'll just tag along in case they need my help." Helix alters his flight to follow the cars to their destination.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 2 Condition: le groovy Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 2

"Si vous n'êtes pas un géant, les règles ne s'appliquent pas," le Petit Hercule says to the Whale Shark robot. <If you are not a giant, the rules do not apply.> As he was talking to a robot, he didn't bother to translate.

Hercule moves towards the Whale Shark robot and aims a powerful punch, but as he steps forward his foot slips in a puddle of water, and the blow goes wide.

Punch w/2 pt power attack vs Whale Shark bot: 1d20+6 9
(Coyotecode seems to be nonfunctional, switched to orokos.com)