OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Arkrite »

Well most of the rich and powerful people all know how to and use writing.
And most of the people who would interact with them, even if they can't read, would know their documentations by their seals and insignias. Plus there'd probably still be deeds, permits, and heaven knows what other kinds of paperwork kicking around.

I would assume you could make some money doing forgeries in bigger cities, but in the smaller towns the opportunities wouldn't be as plentiful.
Shock

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Shock »

If you think about it, forgery is easier when only a few people can read what your fake actually says. And in the case of seals, those are more easily duplicated than a signature if you have the right tools.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:05 pm I'd love to hear how if Jessica was raised in a temple to Pelor she was initiated first into a druid order. Inquiring minds want to know. :)
Honestly it was meant as more of a nod to Pelor been god of agriculture (he's god of a lot of things and used to get the plant domain). But your idea sounds way better.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, I kinda liked the idea of Jade being only psudo-literate. A hint of flavor of the old barbarian class. :P
Thorpocalypse

Xialena - Human Ranger

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Since Arkrite forced me into it...

----

XIALENA

CLASS: Ranger
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic good (CG)
XP: 0

AC: 14
HP: 13
INITIATIVE: + 3
SPEED: 30 ft.
HIT DICE: 1d10
PROFICIENCY: + 2

MELEE ATTACKS: Twin Shortswords +5, 1d6+3
RANGED ATTACKS: Longbow +7, 1d8+3
SPELLCASTING: NA

_: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 5, 1, 4] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 2, 1, 6] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 6, 4, 4] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 3, 4, 5] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 4, 5, 3] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 5, 3, 5] = 16

ATTRIBUTES:
STRENGTH: 13 (+ 1 )
DEXTERITY: 17 (+ 3 )
CONSTITUTION: 16 (+ 3 )
INTELLIGENCE: 13 (+ 1 )
WISDOM: 14 (+ 2 )
CHARISMA: 9 (- 1 )

SAVING THROWS:
Strength: + 3
Dexterity: + 5
Constitution: + 3
Intelligence: + 1
Wisdom: + 1
Charisma: - 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+3), Animal Handling (+4), Arcana (+1), Athletics (+3), Deception (-1), History (+1), Insight (+2), Intimidation (-1), Investigation (+1), Medicine (+2), Nature (+3), Perception (+4), Performance (-1), Persuasion (-1), Religion (+1), Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth (+5), Survival (+4)

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 12

HEIGHT: 5-5
WEIGHT: 125
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Black
SKIN: Brown

BACKGROUND: Outlander
Origin: Outcast
Feature: Wanderer - You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
Personality Trait: I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.
Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. 
Bond: I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw: I remember every insult I’ve received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who’s ever wronged me.

LANGUAGES: Common, Lizardfolk, Goblin, Sylvan
PROFICIENCIES: Light armor, medium armor, shields, Simple weapons, martial weapons
FEATS: Sharpshooter - Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.
FEATURES AND TRAITS: Favored Enemy - Goblins, Lizardfolk
Natural Explorer - Choose one type of favored terrain: forest. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 0 1st: 0 2nd: 0 3rd: 0 4th: 0 5th: 0 6th: 0 7th: 0 8th: 0 9th: 0

ARMOR: Leather
WEAPONS: Two short swords, longbow
EQUIPMENT: A staff , a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, Explorer's Pack (Backpack,bedroll,mess kit,tinderbox,torch (10),rations (10),waterskin,hempen rope)

WEALTH:
PP: 0
GP: 10
EP: 0

STORY: Still working on it, but basically Xialena was the last of her tribe and was raised by a kindly ranger who taught her the ways of the forest. More to come, hopefully.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I was expecting a fire-themed sorceor.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 am I was expecting a fire-themed sorceor.
Well...see the problem is that I suck at playing magic-users. So someone else will have to hit that softball Arkrite through up there. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I was honestly expecting a gnomish barbarian just to spite me :lol:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gnomish barbarians are the most fun though! I've actually played one twice. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock's playing a Kobold?!?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am Shock's playing a Kobold?!?
A kobold paladin? Hmmmm :D
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:46 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am Shock's playing a Kobold?!?
A kobold paladin? Hmmmm :D
This is what I get for trying to bust his chops. Of course he'd like the idea. ;~)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Could just reskin a halfling or gnome stat-block into a kobold. Could be fun.

And if you really wanna bust his chops point out that even Thorp submitted a build before Shock did!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

If we were using other books outside PHB, they are in Volo's Guide to Monsters, so the stats would be easy enough to find.

(Related note, I also have no particular issue if other books were opened up on a case by case basis, I'm happy with Jade as she is, so I wouldn't feel cheated or anything. Just sayin')
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The kobold thing was only a joke.