Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds (The Fathom Five! Tiger Shark! Peak! Stingray!)

Post by catsi563 »

Force is also the catalyst for the armor wars as when he escapes hammer and his goons and tony has to save him from his own suit which is booby trapped. Tony discovers that some of the tech in forces suit is his own.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Virago

Post by Jabroniville »

VIRAGO THE SHE-DEVIL
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Don Heck
First Appearance: Sub-Mariner #64 (Aug. 1973)
Role: One-Shot Villain, Conqueror, Beastly Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (129)
STRENGTH
3/14 STAMINA 4/12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Military) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4, +10 Beast Form)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack

Powers:
"Monster Form" (Activation: Move Action) [-1]
Enhanced Strength 11 [22]
Reduced Fighting 2 [-4]
Enhanced Stamina 8 [16]
Enhanced Skills 6: Intimidation 6 (+10) [3]

"Inspire Bloodlust" Affliction 5 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Reaction +3, Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Bloodlust) [20]

"Aquatic Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Swimming 6 (16 mph) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Monster Form +6 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+12 Monster Form), Fortitude +4 (+12 Monster Form), Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 8 (129)

-Virago is an evil Warrior-Woman who took over an otherworldly underwater city whose people then went to Namor for help. She challenged Namor to a duel over control of "Zephyrland", but transformed into a 10' tall (AWESOME!) beast (... aw) in order to overpower him. However, Namor soon escaped and chased her off with the Atlantean army. She & Orka then ganged up on Namor, who fled, accidentally striking a US Navy ship carrying nerve gas- both she & Orka were overwhelmed by the gas. She has never been seen since. A very, VERY strange one-off appearance.

-Virago is a standard-issue fighter in her base form, but when she turns into a ten-foot-tall She-Beast that can overwhelm even NAMOR's defenses. This was a number of years ago, so her end PL is probably a bit lower than Namor's by this point- PL 10 oughta do for a forgotten Steve Gerber one-off.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Virago

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:19 am Image

VIRAGO THE SHE-DEVIL
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Don Heck
First Appearance: Sub-Mariner #64 (Aug. 1973)
Role: One-Shot Villain, Conqueror, Beastly Villain

-Virago is an evil Warrior-Woman who took over an otherworldly underwater city whose people then went to Namor for help. She challenged Namor to a duel over control of "Zephyrland", but transformed into a 10' tall (AWESOME!) beast (... aw) in order to overpower him. However, Namor soon escaped and chased her off with the Atlantean army. She & Orka then ganged up on Namor, who fled, accidentally striking a US Navy ship carrying nerve gas- both she & Orka were overwhelmed by the gas. She has never been seen since. A very, VERY strange one-off appearance.

-Virago is a standard-issue fighter in her base form, but when she turns into a ten-foot-tall She-Beast that can overwhelm even NAMOR's defenses. This was a number of years ago, so her end PL is probably a bit lower than Namor's by this point- PL 10 oughta do for a forgotten Steve Gerber one-off.
Tell you what Jab. I ever get into a position of power at Marvel, I'll totally bring Virago back, and reveal that the nerve gas put her in a suspended state while her body adapted to fight off the effects of the gas. When she woke up, she pulled a Frieza and developed a new form that was more powerful than her old one, but also faster and more mobile. Which naturally makes her look like a 10' tall orange She-Hulk.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Virago

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 am Tell you what Jab. I ever get into a position of power at Marvel, I'll totally bring Virago back, and reveal that the nerve gas put her in a suspended state while her body adapted to fight off the effects of the gas. When she woke up, she pulled a Frieza and developed a new form that was more powerful than her old one, but also faster and more mobile. Which naturally makes her look like a 10' tall orange She-Hulk.
CAME.
Spectrum

Re: Destiny (Paul Destine)

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:36 pm -Huh- this guy from "The List" is not only a NAMOR villain, but actually the FIRST Destiny. Paul Destine was a telepath who worked for a circus as "Mentallo" in the 1910s. Curious about his innate powers, he read up on the history of magic, and discovered a legendary race, The Ancients, who had mastered telepathy. It turned out that these people were ancient Lemurians, and so he booked passage on the Oracle, a boat captained by Leonard McKenzie- this mission would lead to Leonard meeting and marrying Princess Fen, who gave birth to Namor as a result. And, in a big retcon (1968 and they're already doing this at Marvel), Destine tried to power-up his abilities and caused the avalanche that hurt McKenzie in the first place. Destine disappeared, but discovered the Serpent Crown. Calling it the "Helmet of Power" (it was covered by a shell), he gained strength, size, and further power.
Growing up with the OHotMUs the Serpent Crown saga sounded like a huge multiyear, multiseries megaplot reaching out and touching a hundred different stories. Was it actually that big or was it just trying to link lots of little stories together with the thinnest of similarities?

Edit: One of the joys of trying to catch up- I keep thinking that I have something really clever to say that is covered a page later. :(
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Namora

Post by Jabroniville »

0_0 that last one!!

NAMORA (Aquaria Nautica Neptunia)
Created By:
Ken Bald & Syd Shores
First Appearance: Marvel Mystery Comics #82 (May 1947)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (To Namor), Forgotten Golden Age Character
Group Affiliations: The Agents of Atlas, The Renegades, The Monster Hunters
PL 11 (167), PL 12 (167) When Soaked
STRENGTH
13/14 STAMINA 12/13 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (History) 3 (+6)
Expertise (Business) 6 (+9)
Intimidation 9 (+12)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 3 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Atlantean Weapons) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Underwater), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Combat 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Winged Feet"
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (18) -- [19]
  • AE: Swimming 11 (1,000 mph) (11)
"Atlantean/Human Hybrid"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [4]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Improved Underwater Stats" (All with Flaws: Limited to Underwater/When Soaked)
Enhanced Strength 1 [1]
Power-Lifting 2 (1,600 tons) [1]
Enhanced Stamina 1 [1]
Impervious Toughness 6 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Soaked +9 (+14 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12 (+13 Soaked, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +12 (+13 Soaked), Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Namor)- She also wants to hump him, even though they're cousins.
Responsibility (Human/Atlantean Hybrid)- Namora's racial make-up can become an issue with his people.
Power Loss (Wings)- Namora can lose her Flight if the tiny wings on her feet are damaged or disabled.
Weakness (Lack of Water)- If left without water, Namora will grow progressively weaker. After a long period of time, she will becoming Fatigued, Impaired, Disabled, Stunned, etc. (in addition to dropping Strength & Stamina consistently).

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 11 (167)

-With "Girl versions of male heroes" being a thing even in the '40s (though there were FAR fewer than there eventually ended up being), Namora was added to the Namor-verse, though really didn't make much of a dent- she got a spin-off Namora in 1948 (a year after her debut), but it only lasted three issues. She was a regular feature in Namor's book until it was cancelled, but didn't make the jump with Namor into the Silver Age until *1971*. She was killed off in a FLASHBACK the next year! She vanished save for flashbacks and Alternate Universes until the 2000s, when Marvel decided to push The Agents of Atlas as a thing. I find her to be a bit plain- she's just a Blonde Chick Namor, and really, her clone Namorita took that role later on, and was much more interesting. Also, the fact that Namor JUST HAPPENS to have a cousin with the exact same mutations and powers is silly. I mainly know her from a run as a Herc-Girlfriend of the Week in The Incredible Hercules, where she ran off with her team at the end, rejecting him. She hooked up with Namor once, but it turns out they were being manipulated into it by Atlantean Elders because hybrids are so powerful, and they split up. Since the Agents of Atlas concept has been mostly dropped (and she's SUPER-redundant), she hasn't shown up for a while.

-Namora debuted in 1947, with her name being a nickname earned from similarities to her cousin, Namor. She was his companion on many adventures, but is revealed to have been fatally poisoned by Llyra in a 1970s comic which introduces her young clone, Namorita, who sort of acts as a "younger version" replacement. Like, her entire bio before the 2000s is THAT SHORT. She only reappears in The Agents of Atlas, where, as a 1950s-themed character, she is revived alongside Jimmy Woo, Venus, and others. They encounter her in a damaged coffin, and a holographic image of a corpse is erased to uncover her living body. She joins the Agents and acts as the Team Powerhouse (being Namor-level in strength). She also acts as a "Girl of the Week" in The Incredible Hercules, sleeping with the hero after he amuses her during a fight. They flirt a fair bit until he realizes that she wants to BANG HER COUSIN, and then she leaves him for Agents business, leaving him dumped and grumpy about it. Eventually, the Agents' book falters (after a HUGE push from Marvel), and she hooks up with Namor for real. However, this is quickly written out, and she vanishes from comics- she hasn't shown up since Thanos wrecked Atlantis, even with Namor's renewed push as a villain. Namora is one of those characters who kind of acts as a complication- too powerful to gloss over, and too related to certain people (Namor & Namorita) to simply ignore in continuity.

-Namora's basically Namor Lite, being equally-powerful (she's the heavy-hitter of the Agents), but a less-skilled fighter. PL 11 in normal circumstances, but like most Atlanteans, upgrades in water.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab’s Builds (The Fathom Five! Tiger Shark! Orka! Stingray!)

Post by Woodclaw »

I think that at one point Namorita was soft retconned as Namora's "surrogate daughter". The basic idea was that at one point Namora married another Atlantean, but they couldn't have children because of her hybrid physiology. So she decided to try something different and asked a scientist to create a clone of her.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Great White

Post by Jabroniville »

GREAT WHITE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Stuart Moore & Ariel Olivetti
First Appearance: Namor- The First Mutant #5 (Feb. 2011)
Role: Shark Trainer

-The remarkably awesome Great White is unfortunately a jobber, despite having the GREATEST GIMMICK EVER- he's a professional shark trainer who uses an assortment of sharks to carry out the domination of the Hawaiian island of Maui, instead of having every little boy on Earth pay money to see his show. He attacked a professional surfer as a show of power, but he was saved by the manifestation of the mutant powers of his daughter, Alani Ryan, better known as Loa of the Young X-Men. She disinstegrated one of his sharks instantly, and he was one-hit-KO'd by Namor while trying to attack her. He has never reappeared.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Headhunter

Post by Jabroniville »

HEADHUNTER (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: Namor #2 (May 1990)
Role: Mind Controller

-Headhunter is a "Mesmerism"-themed villain with a weird schtick- she hypnotizes people into thinking that she's decapitated them, and is keeping their bodies alive via advanced science- in fact, they're just sitting there with IVs while she manipulates them into giving her information. She tries this on Namor, but his Atlanteans eyes let him naturally avoid mesermization, and so he blows the whole operation. She disappears in a helicopter crash, having been a background manipulator for the first nine issues.

-The character strangely reappears in Villains For Hire, acting as an information broker & organizer for the Purple Man. Their Villains For Hire battled Misty Knight's Heroes For Hire, but then the Puppet Master revealed his being behind Misty's actions, and took control of the villains until they used their own gimmicks to resist him. Headhunter was ultimately arrested when the Scourge of the Underworld turned out to be Paladin, who was working for Misty. She reappears later in Madripoor, along with many other mutants in the post-M-Day world.

-Headhunter has low-level Mesermism powers (working through eye contact), but they don't work on Atlantean eyes.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (The Fathom Five! Tiger Shark! Orka! Stingray!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's the final Namor build posted!! This was actually a fun little set to do- various "one of THOSE guys" characters, a few names from The List (knocking off Destiny I and Piranha), and various characters I'd never heard of (Seaweed Man, Headhunter, etc.). I actually fleshed out Namor's whole family, about whom I'd previously known NOTHING (too bad I wasn't doing those "no-stat mini-bios" back when I first statted his cast), and gave more complete bios to characters like Orka, Tiger Shark, Attuma, and more.

For those missing Namorita, I'll save her for a "New Warriors" set, since she became much more iconic to them than Namor.
Jabroniville

M to Mzee

Post by Jabroniville »

M:
M
---
Ma Bell (Undergrounders)
Ma Gnucci
Macabee the Tall (Disciples of Doom)
Macabre (Viral Swarm)
MACH-1-VII (The Beetle I)
Machete I (Ferdinand)
Machete II (Alfonso)
Machete III (Mariano)
Machete IV (female)
Machine-Man (X-51)
Machinesmith
Machine Teen
Macon (Reavers)
Mad Dog (Code: Blue)
Mad Jack I (Daniel Berkhart)
Mad Jack II (Maguire Beck)
Mad Jim Jaspers
The Mad Merlin (Merlin Demonspawn)
The Mad Pharaoh
The Mad Thinker
The Mad Twins
Madame Death (Golden Age Crimeboss)
Madame Masque
Madame Mauser (Ubermadchen)
Madame Slay
Madame Synn
Madame Menace (Sunset Bain)
Madame Web I
Madame Web II (Julia Carpenter)
Madame X
Madcap
Mad-Dog
Madelyne Pryor
Madman
Madrox, The Multiple Man
Maelstrom
Maelstrom's Minions
The Maestro
Magar the Mystic (Golden Ager)
Magdalena
Magdalene
Maggie Murdock
Magic Villain Template
The Maggia
Magilla (The Grapplers)
Maggott
Magik I (Illyana Rasputin)
Magik II (Amanda Sefton)
Magik (Exiles)
Magique/Magic
Magma I (Darque)
Magma II (New Mutants)
Magma III (S.H.E.- Sweden)
Magnesium (Elements of Doom)
Magneto
Magni Thorson
Magnir (The Enchanters Three)
Magnum (The Elementals)
Magnus (Exiles)
Magog (Gog & Magog)
Magpie (MyS-TECH Agent)
The Magus I (Adam Warlock)
The Magus II (Technarch)
Maha Yogi (Merlin Demonspawn)
Mahkizmo
Mainframe II (Vision)
Mainframe (MC2)
Majeston Zelia (The Dark Gods)
Major America (Anti-Cap)
Major Liberty (Golden Ager)
Major Mapleleaf II (w/ Thunder)
Major Victory
Maker (Kosmos)
The Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards)
Makeshift (Deadpool One-Off)
Makkari
Mako
Malachi
Malachite (Warpies)
Malcolm (X.S.E.)
Malcolm Brown (The Wolfpack)
Malcolm Colcord
Malekith the Accursed
Malice I (Panther Foe)
Malice II (GR Foe)
Malice III (Susan Richards)
Malice IV (Marauders)
Malice V (Nakia)
Mallen (Extremis Terrorist)
Mama Cocha (Incan Sea God)
Mama Quilla (Incan Moon God)
Mamaragan (Aboriginal Lightning God)
Mammoth (Blackwulf Ally)
Manbat (Lilin)
The Man-Ape
The Man-Beast
Manbot
Man-Brute
The Man-Bull
Man-Elephant (Behemoth)
Mandala (Gemini)
The Mandarin
The Mandrill
Mandroids
Man-Eater
Manfred Adler (Blitzkrieg Squad Swordsman)
Manganese (Elements of Doom)
Mangler I (Cage Foe)
Mangler II
Mangog
The Manidoog (Native Gods)
Manifold
Manikin
The Manipulator I (Crushstone)
The Manipulator II (Robot)
The Manipulator III (Thompson)
Manitou
Man-Killer
The Man-Monster
Man Mountain Marko
Man-oo the Mighty (Gorilla)
Manowar (aka Man-Of-War)
Manphibian
Manslaughter
Manta
The Man-Thing
Manticore
The Manticore (Vehicle)
Mantis
Mantor the Magician
Manuel Enduque (Hellfire Club)
The Man-Wolf/John Jameson
The Manx (The Hellbent)
Marada the She-Wolf
The Marauder (Team America)
The Marauders
Marc Hazzard: Merc (New Universe)
Marc Kumar (Rings of the Mandarin)
Marcelus (Sword of Damocles)
Marco Sanzionare (Sanction)
Marcus Immortus
Marcus Stone (Code: Blue)
Marcy Kane (Jack of Hearts' Mother/Spidey's College GF)
Marcy Pearson (Stark Public Relations/Rhodey GF)
Marduk (Mesopotamian God of Judgment & Magic)
Marduk Kurios
Margali Szardos
Margie (Teen Comedy Book)
Margoyle (The Crimson Cadre)
Maria Hill
Maria Stark
Marianne Rogers (Tony Stark GF)
Marie Danvers
Marie Laveau
Mariko Yashida
Marilla (Inhuman Nanny)
Marionette
The Marked Man (Morlocks)
Marlene Alraune
Marlo Chandler
Marmoo (Aboriginal God of Evil)
Marrina
Marrow
Martians (Race)
Martillo (Children of the Vault)
Martin Soap
Maris Morlak (The Enclave)
Martin Henry Strong (X-Force Scientist)
Martinex
Martyr (Phyla-Vell)
Marvel Boy I (M. Simon Burns)
Marvel Boy II (M. Oksner Burns)
Marvel Boy III (The Uranian)
Marvel Boy IV (Wendell Vaughn)
Marvel Boy V (Noh-Varr)
Marvel Girl I (Jean Grey)
Marvel Girl II (Rachel Summers)
Marvel Guy (Children of the Atom)
Marvel Man (Wendell Vaughn)
Marville
Mary-Jane Watson-Parker
Marzana (Slavic God of Witchcraft)
The Masked Marauder
The Masked Rider
Masque
Massacre
Master Builder (The Berserkers)
Master Elo (Eternals)
Master Hate
Master Khan
Master Link (Chain Gang)
Master Mind Excello
Master Izo
Master Order
Master Man I (Golden Age)
Master Man II (Gotteskrieger)
Master Man III (Modern)
Master Menace
Mastermind I (Wyngarde)
Mastermind II (Supercomputer
Mastermind III (Martinique)
Master Mold
The Master of the World
The Master of Vengeance
Master Pandemonium
Master Sniper
The Masters of Evil
The Masters of Silence
Mastodon (New Universe)
The Matador
Match
Matchstick Girl (Morlocks)
Mathemanic
Matsu'o Tsurayaba
M.A.U.L.E.R. I (Soames)
M.A.U.L.E.R. II (Doyle)
Maverick I (Agent Zero)
Maverick II (Bolt)
Max Rocker
Maxam
Maximilian Frankenstein (Hellfire Club)
Maximus the Mad
Maximus Lobo
Maximus's Minions
Maya (Hindu God of Illusions)
Maya Hansen
The Mayan Gods
Mayari (Filipino Moon Goddess)
Mayhem
---
The Meachum Family
Meanstreak
Mechamorph (Nightwatch Foe)
The Mechanaut (Fabian Stankowicz)
The Mecho-Marauder (Fabian Stankowicz)
Medula (Ransak's Mother)
Medusa
The Medusa Web (New Universe)
Megaera (The Furies)
Megaman
Megatak
Megataur (Mole Man's Monster)
Megawatt
Meggan
Mellencamp
Meltdown (Boom-Boom)
The Melter I (Horgan)
The Melter II (Young Masters)
Membrain (Gene Nation)
MeMe (Morlocks)
Memo (Warpie Copycat)
Menace (Female Goblin)
The Menagerie (Animal-Themed Jobbers)
Mendel Stromm
Mendelevium (Elements of Doom)
Mentac
Mentallo I (Marvin Flumm)
Mentallo II (Paul Destine, aka Destiny I)
Mentor I (A'lars)
Mentor II (Guardsman)
Mephista
Mephisto
Mercurio the 4-D Man
Mercury I (Elements of Doom)
Mercury II (Cerebro X-Men)
Mercury III (Cessily Kincaid)
Mercy I (Hulk Foe)
Mercy II (Dragon's Claws)
Meridian (The New Genix)
Merlin (Imposter- Merlin Demonspawn)
Merlin Demonspawn (Otherdimensional Wizard)
Merlyn
Meru the Mind-Bender
Merzan the Mystic (Golden Ager)
Mesmero
Mess
Messiah I (Kessler)
Messiah II (Maas)
Messiah III (S'met'kth)
Metabo (Delta Force)
The Metal Master
Metalhead
Metalsmith
Metarchus (The Fallen)
Meteorite I (Mutant Force- Lifter)
Meteorite II (Ms. Marvel III, Moonstone II)
Meteorite III (Barnhardt)
Mettle
---
Micah Synn
Michael (The R.C.X.)
Michael Nowlan
Michele Scicluna (Black Air)
Mickie Fondozzi
Microbe
Microchip
Micromax
The Micronauts
Mictlantecuhtli (Aztec Death God)
Midas I (Mordecai Midas)
Midas the Golden Man
Midnight
Midnight Man
Midnight's Fire
Midnight Sun
Miek the Unhived
Mighty Mother (Triumph Division)
Mik (Future Foundation)
Mikhail Rasputin
Mikhlo the Gorilla
Mikula Golubev (Bogatyri)
Milan
Milda (Slavic Love God)
Milla Donovan (DD's Wife)
Millennium (The Special Executive)
Millie the Model
Mimic
Mimic (Exiles)
Mimir
Mindblast
The Mindless Ones
Mind-Master
Mind's Eye (Legion of Vengeance)
Mindsinger (The Young Gods)
Mindstar
The Minions of Menace
Mindstorm I (Dart-Firing Villain)
Mindstorm II (Psionic Mutant)
Mind-Wave
Mindworm
The Mink
Minotaur (Deviant Mutate)
Minxi (Inhuman)
The Miracle Man
Mirage I (Charne)
Mirrorshade (Shadowforce)
Misfit
Miss America I (Joyce)
Miss America II (America Chavez)
Miss Fury (Golden Ager)
Miss Mass
Miss Mech (NuHuman)
Miss Patriot (Golden Ager)
Miss Saccharine (Morlocks)
Missing Link (Chain Gang)
The Missing Link
Missy(Morlocks)
Mist Mistress
Mr. Brownstone
Mister Doll
Mister E
Mister Fantastic
Mister Fear I (Drago)
Mister Fear III (Cranston)
Mister Fear IV (Fagan)
Mister Fish
Mister FX
Mister Gideon
Mister Hyde
Mr. Immortal
Mister Jip
Mister Justice (First Line)
Mister Jyn
Mister Kline
Mister M
Mister M
Mister Negative
Mister Nice
Mister One & Two
Mister Pain
Mister Sinister
Mister X
Mister Zodiac
Mistress Love
Misty Knight
Mitch Carson (S.H.I.E.L.D. Serial Killer)
Mitchell Chambers
Mithra (Zoroastrian God of Light & Justice)
Mitzi (Teen Comedy Book)
Miz Tree (Euro-Trash)
Mize (B-Sides)
---
The M'Kraan Crystal
---
Mockingbird
M.O.D.A.M.
M.O.D.O.G.
M.O.D.O.K.
M.O.D.O.K.
M.O.D.O.R.D.
M.O.D.O.T.
Modred the Mystic
The Modular Man
Modulus
Mogol
Moira Brandon
Moira MacTaggert
Mojo
Mojo II- The Sequel
Mole (Morlocks)
The Mole Man
The Mole Man's Monsters
The Molecule Man
Molly Hayes
Moloids
The Molten Man
The Molten Man-Thing (Monster)
Molybdenum (Elements of Doom)
Monako, Prince of Magic (Golden Ager)
Monark Starstalker
Mondo
Mondo Pain
Mongoose
Monkey
The Monkey King
Monica Rambeau
Monica Rappaccini
Monitor (Lost Boys & Girls)
Mother (Code: Blue)
The Monocle
Monsoon
Monstro IV
Montana
Montenegro
Moon Boy & Devil Dinosaur
Moondark
Moondragon
Moon Girl
Moonglow
Moon Knight
Moon-Man (Golden Ager)
Moonraker
Moonstalker (The Young Gods)
Moonstomp (Skrull Kill Krew)
Moonstone I (Nefarius)
Moonstone II (Ms. Marvel III, Meteorite II)
Morbius
Morass
Mordillo & Brynocki
Mordred the Evil
Morg
Morga (Maelstrom's Mother)
Moral Man (Ethan Edwards)
Morgan Le Fay
Morgan Stark
Morgana Blessing
Morley Erwin (Rhodes Tech Support)
The Morlocks
Morlock Templates
Morlun
Morning Star
Morph
Morpheus
Morrigan (Celtic Battle Goddess)
Mortar (Bastards of Evil)
The Mortician
Mortis (Lois London)
Morwen
Moses Magnum
Motormouth
Mother Inferior(Morlocks)
Mother Night (Suprema)
Mother Superior (Sin)
Moving Shadow
---
Ms. America I (Liberteens)
Ms. Fix
Ms. Marvel I (Carol Danvers, Binary, Capt. Marvel IV)
Ms. Marvel II (Sharon Ventura, She-Thing)
Ms. Marvel III (Moonstone II, Meteorite II)
Ms. Marvel IV (Kamala Khan)
Ms. M.O.D.O.K.
Ms. Thing (Darla Deering)
The M-Squad
---
M'Tuba (African Chief)
---
Mudbug
The Mud-Thing
El Muerto
Mulholland Black
Munchkin (The New Genix)
The Muramasa Blade
Murder
The Murderous Mimes
Murmur I (The Hellbent)
Murmur II (Rennie)
Murmur III (Truffaut)
Muse (DD Foe)
Mustard (Warpies)
Mutant Force (The Resistants)
The Mutant Liberation Front I (Stryfe's)
The Mutant Liberation Front II (Humanity's Last Stand)
---
M.V.P.
---
MyS-TECH
Mysteria
Mysterio I (Quentin Beck)
Mysterio II (Daniel Berkhart)
Mysterio III (Francis Klum)
Mysterion
Mysterious Fan Boy (X-Statix)
Mysterium (Nth Man/Blacksun)
Mystique
---
Mzee (S-Men)

Marvel- The Letter "M":
-The letter M, derived from the Greek "Mu" and Phoenician "Mem", is designed to resemble rippling water in ancient texts. It sometimes acts like a vowel (in "spasm" or "-ism" endings). In shorthand, it represents millions and meters.

This is a set I'd been avoiding for a VERY long time- it has that unique combination of being "freakishly long" as sets of random Marvel characters go, it features a TON of big names (meaning it's a lot more effort to re-do entire biographies), and it has a LOT of very minor, one-off characters that nonetheless deserve to have SOMETHING written about them. When I started this set, there were three projects that were clearly going to be the most work from the get-go: "A", "S" and "M". "S" was done not too long after we started at Echoes, as I wanted to nail down some bigger names to get my new thread off to a good start. That took upwards of a MONTH. The "A" section followed a few months later, as it had more interesting names than the also-long "B" and "C" sections. But "M"? ... I really, REALLY hesitated on this one.

Problematically, it had something like 22 day's worth of builds at first- a HUGE project that'd take nearly a month to finish (a big prospect, as most of my subjects don't last nearly so long). It took me some time to pare the names down over time, as I'd do a few "Days of Random Builds From The List" in order to get down some of the names that'd interested me for a while. Eventually, through that and other projects & groups, I managed to shave it down to 14 days- about equivalent to what the "B" section once was. And then of course I randomly looked through Marvunapp's (the Unofficial Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel U, which is a godsend to my thread) site and found a TON more bottom-tier forgettable characters that I nonetheless HAD to mention, lol. So it went back up to seventeen!!

In any case, the "M" section provides a lot of huge, huge names. It's a really common letter for Marvel to use. The "Main Eventers" are Magneto, Mystique, Mister Fantastic, Mary-Jane Watson-Parker, Mephisto, and Ms. Marvel. Other big and big-ish names are Magik, M, Moon Knight, Machine Man, Madelyne Pryor, The Multiple Man, Magma, The Magus (two of them!), The Man-Ape, The Mandrill, The Man-Thing, Maria Hill, Marrina, Mantis, Marvel Boy (several), Mastermind, Moonstone, Medusa, Morbius, Mimic, Morlun, Mister Sinister, Mockingbird, Mojo, The Molecule Man, Mysterio, and M.O.D.O.K..

There are about 900 characters each named "Man-_____" (Man-Killer, Man-Elephant, Man-Brute, etc.) or "Mister _____" (Misters Fear, Fish, Hyde, Immortal, Gideon, Jip, Kline, M, X, E, Negative, Nice, Pain, Doll, Brownstone, Sinister, etc.), which REALLY adds to the total. Either this or "S" are probably the most-used first letters in the Marvel Alphabet.

Old Builds:
Mayhem
Maxam
Moonraker
Motormouth
Madelyne Pryor
Midnight Sun
Mr. Jip
Mordred the Evil
Mojo
Moses Magnum
Mysteria
Mimic
Maelstrom
Jamie Madrox
Magneto
Madelyne Pryor
Moira MacTaggert
Mad Jim Jaspers
Maggott

New Builds:
Monstro (Frank Johnson)
El Muerto (Juan-Carlos Estrada Sanchez)
Moondark
El Muetro
Mindworm
Microchip
Mad Jack
Mindworm
Moira Brandon
Mud-Thing
Mitchell Chambers
Murderous Mimes
Madcap
Maximus Lobo
Millie the Model
Martian Masters- race
Mister Kline
Manslaughter
Modulus
Morwen
Micah Synn
Machine Teen
The Monocole
Meteorite III
Mojo II- The Sequel
Man-Brute
Man-Monster
Manipulator I-III
Marada the She-Wolf
Mantor
Marvel Boy I-II
Meltdown
Messiah I-III
Malachi
Mindstorm
Mr. One & Mr. Two
Mind-Master
Master Sniper
Mindstar
Mr. FX
Mr. Jyn
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:32 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Jabroniville

El Muerto

Post by Jabroniville »

EL MUERTO (Juan-Carlos Estrada Sánchez)
Created By:
Peter David & Roger Cruz
First Appearance: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 (May 2006)
Role: Super-Luchadore
PL 8 (81)
STRENGTH
3/8 STAMINA 4/8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+12)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Takedown

Powers:
"El Muerto Mask" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Enhanced Stamina 4 (8)
-- (18 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Masked Strength +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+8 Masked), Fortitude +5 (+9 Masked), Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (El Dorado)- As part of his training, El Muerto was supposed to defeat the super-powered El Dorado. However, Dorado slew Muerto's father instead, and gave the hero ten years to train (out of respect for his father's courage), then he must unmask a hero or die himself.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 8 (81)

-Now why doesn't comics have WAY MORE of these guys? I mean, a genre where guys dress up in garish outfits, take on outrageous names, create large family legacies, use moves that have no basis in reality, and engage in drawn-out battles of good and evil with the line drawn brutally-obviously? How are lucha libre and comic books NOT closer cousins? El Muerto here is the latest in a long line of El Muertos from a wrestling family, but this has a gimmick- the El Muerto mask actually bestows super-powers upon the wearer. Juan-Carlos, however, did not WANT to become the next El Muerto, and backed away from his enemy El Dorado in fear- the villain killed Muerto's father, and demanded he defeat and unmask a masked hero within ten years or forfeit his life. El Muerto thus challenged Spider-Man to a wrestling match- unfortunately, Spidey had an uncontrolled reaction and stabbed him with his wrist-stinger (back when that was a thing and not TOTALLY ignored by the next set of writers).

-Spidey helped El Muerto recover, then fought the villainous El Dorado for him. Wearing gold armor, El Dorado was tough, but El Muerto created the distraction Spidey needed to create a solution (in a hospital chem lab) that dissolved the armor and allowed El Muerto to win. Neither Muerto nor Dorado were ever seen again.

-El Muerto was a super-strong one-off, able to wrestle Spider-Man for a while, but lost more or less to an accident, and was never really seen again. Anywhere between PL 7 and 8 is fine.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Tiger Shark! Orka! Stingray! Namora!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Now I'm imagining how awesome a legitimate crossover with El Santo and Spiderman would be. Because luchadores are awesome.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

As I've said, one thing I'd want to do with my own comic book style setting would be to have the the heroes of nations reflect the heroes in their fiction.

So American superheroes are like comic heroes, with some mix of other genres, big melting pot and all of that. Europe is fairly similar to America, though there's a notable subset of "deconstruction"-style heroes. Mexico has a lot of heroes inspired but Lucha Libre. Japan has heroes inspired by Anime/Manga and Tokusatsu. China has heroes based on Manhua, Wuxia and John Woo. That sort of thing.

Something else I'd do? Unironically have heroes with names that include Mr. _____, Mrs. ____, Ms. ____, ______-Man, _____-Woman, etc.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:45 am Now I'm imagining how awesome a legitimate crossover with El Santo and Spiderman would be. Because luchadores are awesome.
Man, Samson vs the Vampire Women would have gone a lot different with Superman. Hmmm, Vampire Controlled Superman vs Samson?

There was also that time El Santo teamed up with Captain America to fight an Evil Spider-Man.

Oh yeah. This exists.