Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jack of Spades

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Annie! Keith! Princess Sissy! Bristol-D!)

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 pm So next up... it'll be Marvel- The Letter "F", completing the penultimate letter in my epic set of Marvel builds! After that, it'll be a huge set devoted to the DC Animated Universe!
Looking forward to both of these!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Another group fo characters to add to my SF universe which If I ever run one here means ill need to stat out all of them in WWs SF system you bastard!! *shake fist* =>_<=
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Fabian Cortez to the Futurist

Post by Jabroniville »

F:
Fabian Cortez
Fabian Stankowicz
Fabrikant (Starblasters)
F.A.C.A.D.E.
The Face Thief
The Faceless Ones
Fafnir
Fah Lo Suee
Faiza Hussein
The Falcon I (Golden Ager)
The Falcon II (Sam Wilson)
The Falcon III (Torres)
Falcona
The Fallen (Minions of Zarathos)
The Fallen Angels (Teen Runaways)
The Fallen One
Famine I (Axi-Tun Horsemen)
Famine II (Apocalypse Horseman)
Fancy Dan
Fandral the Dashing
Fang
Fang II (Lilin)
Fantasma I (Dire Wraith)
Fantasma II (Young Girl)
The Fantastic Four
Fantomex
Fasaud
Fascination (aka Scatterbrain, Technet)
Fat Cobra
Fatale
The Fatboys
Fateball (B-Sides)
Father Darklyte
Father Time I (Elder of the Universe)
Father Time II (Golden Ager)
The Fathom Five (Atlantean Villains)
Fault Zone (Imperfects)
---
The Fear Eaters
Fearmaster
Feedback
Felicia the Prison Lesbian
Felix Alvarez (Stark Industries Lawyer)
Felon (Bobby Soul- NYX)
The Femme Fatales
Fen (Namor's Mother)
Fenris (The Special Executive)
The Fenris Twins (Swordsman IV)
The Fenris Wolf
Feral
Ferocia (Fera)
Feron
Ferro²
Fer-de-Lance
Fermium (Elements of Doom)
Fern (Warpie Cherubim Plant)
Feruze (The Snakeroot)
Fever Pitch (Gene Nation)
---
The Fiery Mask
Fight-Man
Fighter One (Triumph Division)
Fin (Intruders/Wild Pack)
The Fin (Golden Ager)
Fin Fang Foom
Finesse
The Finisher
Fire (Paradox Foe)
Firearm (The Jury)
Firearms (The Larcenous Three)
Fireball (The Seekers)
Firebird
Firebolt I (Sloan)
Firebolt II (Leonard)
Firebrand I (Gilbert)
Firebrand II (Broxtel)
Firebrand III (Dennison)
The Fire-Eater (Circus of Crime)
Firefall (First Line)
Firefight I (Shadowforce)
Firefight II (Death Squad)
Firefly I
Firefox
Firelord
Firemane
Firepower I (Taggert)
Firepower II (Roberts)
Firestar
Firestrike (Heavy Mettle)
Firestryke
Fireworks (Code: Blue)
The First Firmament
The First Line
The Fixer (Techno)
Fixx
Fiz (Cadre K- Skrulls)
Fizzure (The Hellbent)
---
Flagman (NuHuman)
Flag-Smasher I (Karl)
Flag-Smasher II (Guy)
Flambé (Hell's Belles)
Flame (The Chaste)
The Flame
Flare I (The Hellbent)
Flare II (Shadowforce Alpha)
Flare III (The Guardian Clan; The Neo)
Flash Thompson (Venom III)
Flashback
Flashfire
Flashpoint (Nightwatch Foe)
Flatiron (First Line)
Flatman
Flex
Flexo the Rubber Man (Golden Ager)
Flinch (The Head Hunters)
Flint (NuHuman)
Flubber
Fluorine (Elements of Doom)
Flux
The Fly (Human Fly)
Flying Carpet (S.H.E.- Turkey)
The Flying Dutchman
Flying Tiger
---
Foggy Nelson
The Folding Circle
Followers of the Light- group, Shogun Warriors
The Fomorians
Foolkiller II (Salinger)
The Forbidden Land
Forbush Man
Force
Force (GOTG Foes)
Force Four
The Force of Nature (Environmentalist Villains)
Forearm
Forge
The Foreigner
Forsung (The Enchanters Three)
Foundry I (Ghost Rider Ally)
Foundry II (Avatars of the Mandarin)
The Four Horsemen (Axi-Tun)
The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse
Foxbat
Foxfire
Foxtrot (The Wild Pack)
---
Fractal (Tektos)
Fragment
Fragon (Evil Wizard)
Francesca Grace (Knights of Pendragon)
Francium (Elements of Doom)
Frank Dean (The Pride)
Frank Drake
Frankenstein's Monster
Franklin Richards
Franklin Storm
Franz Cadavus (Monarch of the Murder Chair)
The Fraternity of Raptors
Frauline Fatale (Ubermadchen)
The Freak (Happy Hogan)
Freakout
Freakshow (Genoshan Shapeshifter)
Fredzilla
Free Spirit
Freebooter (MC2)
Freedom Ring
Freedom's Five
Frenzy
Frey
Freya
The Friends of Humanity
Friction (New Universe)
Friday Stark (Stark A.I. Secretary)
Friedrich Von Roehm
Frigga
Fritz Von Sydow (Blitzkrieg Squad Charmer)
Frog-Man I (Leblanc)
Frog-Man II (Patillo)
Frog-Man III (Backgrounder)
Froh (Axi-Tun)
Front (Gemini)
Frost
The Frost Giants
---
Fu Manchu
Fuego (Children of the Vault)
Fugue (Tektos)
Fume (NuHuman- Lash's Crew)
Furball (NuHuman- Lash's Crew)
The Furies
The Fury
Fuse
Fusion I (Fusser Twins)
Fusion II (Markley)
Future Man (Golden Age Villain)
The Futurist (FF One-Off)

Marvel- The Letter "F":
-The letter "F" used to represent different sounds in various languages, but the Romans introduced it in its modern form. That's... really all that's interesting about it.

-There's really not a lot of Marvel characters AT ALL who come from this letter- it's one of the least-used. The biggest names are guys like Fin Fang Foom, The Falcon, Forge, Fu Manchu and Firelord. You barely get a few in before you need to go with Feral to make up a top ten, for heaven's sake! A lot of people with "Fire" in their name, at least.

Old Builds:
Forge
Fin Fang Foom
Flag Smasher I-II
Force
The First Line
Fu Manchu
Fera/Ferocia
Forbush Man
Flying Tiger
The Fenris Twins
Feron
Fight-Man
Firepower
Fatale
The Fury
Fantomex
Fasaud

New Builds:
The Fallen (Zarathos's Followers)
FACADE
Faceless Ones
Fatboys
Flying Dutchman's Ghost
Force Four
Fiona McKenna
Forbidden Land
Freedom's Five
Father Darklyte
Foxfire
Force (GoTG foes)
Firefox
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Jabroniville

Flag-Smasher (Karl)

Post by Jabroniville »

FLAG-SMASHER I (Karl Morgenthau)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Paul Neary
First Appearance: Captain America #312 (Dec. 1985)
Role: Well-Intentioned Extremist
Group Affiliations: ULTIMATUM
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Terrorist) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Politics) 8 (+11)
Insight 1 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Terrorist Cel Leader), Defensive Roll, Equipment 4 (Arsenal), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Mace), Improved Trip, Languages 2 (A Few), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Well-Informed

Equipment:
"Mace" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 3) (6)
"Flame-Throwing Pistol" Blast 6 (12)
"Tear-Gas Gun" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (12)
Random Other Gear

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Mace +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying Nations)- Flag-Smasher believes that nationalism is a perverse system that is used to make people feel superior to others, and wishes to destroy countries.
Enemy (Captain America, The Punisher)- His anti-flag proceedings are of course opposed by Cap (and later U.S. Agent), but similarly Frank Castle opposed him a couple times, since he's also a terrorist.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (122)

-Flag-Smasher was created by Mark Gruenwald to be a uniquely-Cap kind of foe: representing anti-patriotism the way The Red Skull represented fascism. He also represents the kind of villain I like to see: The one who authentically believes he is right. I believe a lot of nationalism and patriotism is a lot of hooey that creates undue suffering (the whole "NO, we don't want THOSE people in our country/We want our OWN country!" thing that produces dozens of wars). So from there you see a guy who things national borders are foolish and that everyone should be made to feel less superior to each other. It's almost a POSITIVE thing when you look at it like that, isn't it? So of course he's a murderous douchebag who tries to forcibly destroy national boundaries, which is where you get the whole "Villainous" aspect.

-Flag-Smasher is of course a terrorist with anti-nationalist ties, founding an organization to crush symbols of patriotism. His natural foe of course is the SYMBOL of America, as Cap advised him that though his goals of world peace were laudable, his violent, terrorist methods were not- it of course ended in a fight. Later, he ended up teaming with the John Walker Cap when it turned out that his ULTIMATUM group was being funded by The Red Skull, and will soon destroy all electronically-operated machinery in the world! He soon rejoins ULTIMATUM and continues his act, fighting a few other guys (Moon Knight & The Punisher in one story, Punisher & Ghost Rider in the next... probably because it was the '90s). He briefly gained super-strength and a buttload of crazy from Roxxon after they rescued him from falling into the ocean, and was then made the ruler of a small nation by the V-Battalion, only to be killed by Domino to place Cable on the throne (???). Because I dunno, writers got tired of using him.

-Ultimately, I think the guy kind of failed. I mean, it was a good standard idea at first, but they made someone who had some complex political scheme into basically Generic Terrorist Guy, who would try to bomb Washington and give guns to malcontents- it effectively rendered him a bit generic and forgettable.

-Cap Enemies are a tricky bunch- ideally they should be tough enough to give Cap a bit of trouble, but since Cap is like PL 11 in his own series (he's PL 12 in Avengers-related stuff... don't ask me how that makes sense; it's just fairly obvious from reading the stories over the decades) it makes you wonder how all these Shang-Chi-level guys are kicking around. Ultimately, I figure him for a PL 9 who's more troublesome for his small army of PL 4-5 Mooks than his own general power. Still, a +12/+6 Melee Fighter is nothing to sneeze at, even if PL 10 superheroes should be able to bring him down.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Funny thing is in this game offence and defense shifted characters arent necessarily at a disadvantage against higher pl characters if they use the right combination of feats and combat maneuvers

In Tmans Freedom Knights campaign Panda at pl 8 was able to go toe to toe with a pl 11 merc and win the fight though it was a tight affair from start to finish very exiting all told. things get funky as you go into toughness damage shifted characters because then things get crazy as the right combo of rolls can lead to epic city wrecking brawls
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Flag-Smasher (Guy)

Post by Jabroniville »

FLAG-SMASHER II (Guy Thierrault)
Created By:
Zeb Wells & Stefano Caselli
First Appearance: Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Well-Intentioned Extremist, Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: ULTIMATUM
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Terrorist) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Politics) 6 (+8)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit (Terrorist Cel Leader), Equipment 4 (Arsenal), Improved Critical (Mace), Languages 2 (A Few), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Exo-Skeleton" (Flaws: Removable) [12]
Protection 3 (3)
"Jet Boots" Flight 6 (60 mph) (12)
-- (15 points)

Equipment:
"Mace" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 3) (6)
"Flame-Throwing Pistol" Blast 6 (12)
"Tear-Gas Gun" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (12)
Random Other Gear

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Mace +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying Nations)- Flag-Smasher believes that nationalism is a perverse system that is used to make people feel superior to others, and wishes to destroy countries.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 10 (108)

-Flag-Smasher was eventually replaced by a newbie named Guy Thierrault, a Canadian ULTIMATUM agent with the same general goal- he was beaten by The Runaways, Spider-Man and The Liberteens, the latter of which basically treated him like a stupid Joke Villain. Then Flash "Venom" Thompson ate his arm. So yeah, he's basically just a loser now. Flag-Smasher II is probably PL 8 if he's lucky, since he sucks so bad and jobs so easily. To TEENAGER SUPERHEROES, no less. He later fought Deadpool, and was then executed by another ULTIMATUM member, who became the THIRD Flag-Smasher. This one was apparently killed by Deadpool when all of ULTIMATUM attacked him one last time.

-Later, a new Flag-Smasher would appear, attacking a Texan senator- both Steve Rogers & Sam Wilson, both going by "Captain America" at the time, team up to stop him. He plans on Julian Asssange-ing out important data across the globe, hurting America, but escapes after the bombs are disarmed. It would later turn out that this Flag-Smasher was actually a Life Model Decoy, and that he was set up by Rogers- then a HYDRA agent.

-Most later Flag-Smashers are weaker and worse than the original, being much more short-lived and Jobber-y.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Father Darklyte

Post by Jabroniville »

FATHER DARKLYTE
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Mike Friedrich
First Appearance: Marvel Spotlight #23 (Aug. 1975)
Role: Evil Wizard
Group Affiliations: The Legion of Nihilists

-This completely nonsensical, bizarre character took place in one of those "are you SURE Gerber wasn't on drugs?" issues, as the Son of Satan has to deal with a cryptic bearded guy who says random stuff, then summons monsters for Hellstrom to fight. Beating back the monsters, Hellstrom nonetheless sees a femal companion die, then fights a series of clones of her. He tracks Darklyte to a cave, where his followers, the Legion of Nihilists, worship at his feet, and give their lives to empower him. Turns out that he believes in nothing, and does random stuff so that others will see things his way. Enraged, Hellstrom lets out a fire blast that annihilates everyone in the cave save one- Darklyte's empty robe falls to the ground and a swarm of insects fly out of his Magic Lantern.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Fatboys

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FATBOYS (Eightball, Butch, Alfie, Darla, Raff)
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & Arthur Adams
First Appearance: Longshot #4 (Dec. 1985)
Role: Kid Sidekicks
Group Affiliations: The Fatboys

-The Fatboys are a band of Hell's Kitchen youths "drawn together by their love of skateboarding". Initially called the Bratpack, the early trio befriended Longshot in his own book, earning the wrath of Mojo. He transformed Butch into Snitch, Darla into Jubilee (haha), and Alfie into Straight Arrow. They were rescued by Psylocke, Captain Britain, and the New Mutants, then returned to normal. Ann Nocenti, who created them, would do what most comic writers do, and bring them back in her next work- Daredevil, which saw the trio turn into a quartet, replacing Alfie with Eightball & Ralf. They become fans of Daredevil, emulating his heroic deeds, often leading to a lecture from DD.

-The kids aren't really worthy of stats, being very small children even smaller than the RIGHT-RIDERS.
Jabroniville

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Jabroniville »

FIN FANG FOOM
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Strange Tales #89 (Oct. 1961)
Role: Underpants-Wearing Dragon
Group Affiliations: The Dragon Lords of Kakaranathara, The Fin Fang Four, The Beyond Reason Spiritual Fellowship
PL 14 (280)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 15 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 4 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+12)
Technology 6 (+14)
Perception 5 (+8)
Vehicles 5 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Makluan Physiology"
"Huge Size" Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (72 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [29]
"Thick Skin" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 17) [19]

Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Hot, Cold) [5]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Diehard) [9]
"Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

"Telepathy"
Mental Communication 2 [8]
Mind-Reading 4 [8]

"Acid Breath" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (56) -- [59]
  • AE: "Acid Wave" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (42)
  • AE: "Giant Fists & Feet" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (42)
  • AE: "Acid Blast" Blast 18 (Feats: Penetrating 10) (46)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+18 Damage, DC 32)
Acid Breath, Fists & Feet +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +10

Complications:
Motivation (Killing)- At first a mere greedy criminal, Laughton is now just flat-out nuts.
Responsibility (Insane)- Laughton’s personality and powers are prone to be different in almost every incarnation, and are generally not under his control.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 149 / Defenses: 27 (280)

The Iconic 1950s Comic Book Monster:
-Ah, the purple underpants. Fin Fang Foom was a creation of the 1950s "Monster Era", when superheroes were failing big time, and Marvel (by its own admission) was desperately throwing every possible thing at the wall to see what stuck, and then repeating the HELL out of it if it proved popular, and basing the line around that thing (see the rise of Marvel's Western, Monster & Romance genres. Most of the monsters were created in the '50s, but Foom first showed up in 1961 (which was still showing a lot of relics of the prior age, and Marvel hadn't gone through a new Super-Hero push yet). Fin Fang Foom was just one of a billion other big monsters Jack Kirby created. But the fantastically-comical name and the relatively cool appearance combined to make him notable enough to be seen as iconic to the era (his image was used in Marvel: Five Fabulous Decades of the World's Greatest Comics to represent his decade- an honor shared by Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and xxxx) and reappear in the later part of the '60s, and thus he became the only major recurrer of the Monster Era in modern comics (that is, the only one not to appear as a nameless minion of The Mole Man). The name and underpants make him little more than a joke these days, but he pulls it off a bit by still being a gigantic crazy dragon-monster.

-Fin Fang Foom debuted facing off against a Chinese boy who later sealed him back within his tomb by giving him some peculiar herb. He would show up in a few more comics (particularly superhero ones, once the "Monster Fad" died), and later get revealed as a Makluan- a draconic alien. His people intended to conquer Earth, and the Mandarin (having swiped ten rings of power from their ship) joins Foom in taking over parts of China. Later, Foom is killed in a battle in which Iron Man, War Machine and the Mandarin (turning on his ally) team up against him. His spirit survived, however, and Foom returned by getting thousands of lizards from the sewers beneath New York City to combine together and absorb his essence.

-Most modern appearances of Foom have been a bit joke-y, as he has legal issues in She-Hulk and becomes a follower of Buddhism and goes into a rehabilitation program with other monsters. Despite being intelligent, he's usually placed on "Monster Isle" with the other '50s relics. He suffered a defeat by Squirrel Girl, and time spent as a chef in the Baxter Building after being hypnotized into thinking he was human. His most serious reappearance was in the failed event Monsters Unleashed, in which he represents Marvel's '50s Monsters in an attack against a whole alien race of them (the "Leviathons"), controlled by human Kei Kawade's "Monster Summoning" powers.

The Might of Fin Fang Foom:
-Fin Fang Foom's a pretty expensive monster, but since he's a PL 14 genius super-beast, it makes sense. He's got Area Damage from his physical attacks and Acid Breath, which is really just combustible fire breath and a standard blast when you get down to how it really works. Like most giants, he's strong as hell, and nearly impossible to permanently injure. Growth 14 seems to fit, though Makluans are described as 32 feet tall on average- these heights are virtually impossible to regulate amongst comic book artists, and he'll vary like any other creature- I've seen Growth 16 or 20-worthy depictions that brush the skyline of Manhattan. He's not unstoppable, but he's certainly no picnic to put down.

-For sheer power, Foom is hard to top- of my mainstream heroic builds, only a full-on raging Hulk, Red Hulk, Dr. Strange or Thor at full power can match him, and he's two full PLs ahead of Iron Man, his most-recurring heroic foe. For villains he's matched by mostly other Main Eventers, despite being a less-recurring villain himself. He's lesser than the Kaiju of Godzilla movies, which seems to fit given his smaller size and inability to just sit there and laugh at entire armies shooting at him. Like most giant monsters, he's tough as hell (and Regenerates, to boot!), but nearly anyone can hit him- even an A.I.M. GOON could nail him with one of their lasers! This means he's "merely" PL 11.5 defensively- a key weakness against such top-tier foes.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Fight-Man

Post by Jabroniville »

FIGHT-MAN (Frank Bigelow)
Created By:
Evan Dorkin
First Appearance: Fight-Man #1 (June 1993)
Role: Joke Hero
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (108)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
None

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2

Powers:
"Flying Brick Power-Set"
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +2

Complications:
Reputation (Terrible Hero)- Frank has served time after fourteen of his teen sidekicks had been killed. He is forbidden by law to use his powers, or to be near minors.
Responsibility (Code Against Hitting Women)
Motivation (Killing Himself)- Alas, he is too durable to be killed.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 6 (108)

-Fight-Man is a Parody Hero created by some writer I've never heard of (Dorkin mostly does "Comedy" books like Bill & Ted and Simpsons stuff, along with a few more straight-laced projects)- he fought a guy named "Agent X" and was revealed to have been a disgraced superhero, arrested for being responsible for fourteen dead teenage sidekicks, among other felonies. Most of the bad guys in his one-shot book have names like Crimeasaurus Rex. He's basically a Supermanalogue, minus any skills or common sense. A running gag in his book involves him wishing to commit suicide for being such a disgrace, but being able to because he's too invulnerable. So, you know, true-life humor.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: Fin Fang Foom

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:30 pm Image

FIN FANG FOOM
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Strange Tales #89 (Oct. 1961)
Role: Underpants-Wearing Dragon
Group Affiliations: The Dragon Lords of Kakaranathara, The Fin Fang Four, The Beyond Reason Spiritual Fellowship
PL 14 (280)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 15 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 4 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+12)
Technology 6 (+14)
Perception 5 (+8)
Vehicles 5 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Makluan Physiology"
"Huge Size" Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (72 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [29]
"Thick Skin" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 17) [19]

Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Hot, Cold) [5]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Diehard) [9]
"Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

"Telepathy"
Mental Communication 2 [8]
Mind-Reading 4 [8]

"Acid Breath" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (56) -- [59]
  • AE: "Acid Wave" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (42)
  • AE: "Giant Fists & Feet" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (42)
  • AE: "Acid Blast" Blast 18 (Feats: Penetrating 10) (46)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+18 Damage, DC 32)
Acid Breath, Fists & Feet +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +10

Complications:
Motivation (Killing)- At first a mere greedy criminal, Laughton is now just flat-out nuts.
Responsibility (Insane)- Laughton’s personality and powers are prone to be different in almost every incarnation, and are generally not under his control.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 149 / Defenses: 27 (280)

The Iconic 1950s Comic Book Monster:
-Ah, the purple underpants. Fin Fang Foom was a creation of the 1950s "Monster Era", when superheroes were failing big time, and Marvel (by its own admission) was desperately throwing every possible thing at the wall to see what stuck, and then repeating the HELL out of it if it proved popular, and basing the line around that thing (see the rise of Marvel's Western, Monster & Romance genres. Most of the monsters were created in the '50s, but Foom first showed up in 1961 (which was still showing a lot of relics of the prior age, and Marvel hadn't gone through a new Super-Hero push yet). Fin Fang Foom was just one of a billion other big monsters Jack Kirby created. But the fantastically-comical name and the relatively cool appearance combined to make him notable enough to be seen as iconic to the era (his image was used in Marvel: Five Fabulous Decades of the World's Greatest Comics to represent his decade- an honor shared by Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and xxxx) and reappear in the later part of the '60s, and thus he became the only major recurrer of the Monster Era in modern comics (that is, the only one not to appear as a nameless minion of The Mole Man). The name and underpants make him little more than a joke these days, but he pulls it off a bit by still being a gigantic crazy dragon-monster.

-Fin Fang Foom debuted facing off against a Chinese boy who later sealed him back within his tomb by giving him some peculiar herb. He would show up in a few more comics (particularly superhero ones, once the "Monster Fad" died), and later get revealed as a Makluan- a draconic alien. His people intended to conquer Earth, and the Mandarin (having swiped ten rings of power from their ship) joins Foom in taking over parts of China. Later, Foom is killed in a battle in which Iron Man, War Machine and the Mandarin (turning on his ally) team up against him. His spirit survived, however, and Foom returned by getting thousands of lizards from the sewers beneath New York City to combine together and absorb his essence.

-Most modern appearances of Foom have been a bit joke-y, as he has legal issues in She-Hulk and becomes a follower of Buddhism and goes into a rehabilitation program with other monsters. Despite being intelligent, he's usually placed on "Monster Isle" with the other '50s relics. He suffered a defeat by Squirrel Girl, and time spent as a chef in the Baxter Building after being hypnotized into thinking he was human. His most serious reappearance was in the failed event Monsters Unleashed, in which he represents Marvel's '50s Monsters in an attack against a whole alien race of them (the "Leviathons"), controlled by human Kei Kawade's "Monster Summoning" powers.

The Might of Fin Fang Foom:
-Fin Fang Foom's a pretty expensive monster, but since he's a PL 14 genius super-beast, it makes sense. He's got Area Damage from his physical attacks and Acid Breath, which is really just combustible fire breath and a standard blast when you get down to how it really works. Like most giants, he's strong as hell, and nearly impossible to permanently injure. Growth 14 seems to fit, though Makluans are described as 32 feet tall on average- these heights are virtually impossible to regulate amongst comic book artists, and he'll vary like any other creature- I've seen Growth 16 or 20-worthy depictions that brush the skyline of Manhattan. He's not unstoppable, but he's certainly no picnic to put down.

-For sheer power, Foom is hard to top- of my mainstream heroic builds, only a full-on raging Hulk, Red Hulk, Dr. Strange or Thor at full power can match him, and he's two full PLs ahead of Iron Man, his most-recurring heroic foe. For villains he's matched by mostly other Main Eventers, despite being a less-recurring villain himself. He's lesser than the Kaiju of Godzilla movies, which seems to fit given his smaller size and inability to just sit there and laugh at entire armies shooting at him. Like most giant monsters, he's tough as hell (and Regenerates, to boot!), but nearly anyone can hit him- even an A.I.M. GOON could nail him with one of their lasers! This means he's "merely" PL 11.5 defensively- a key weakness against such top-tier foes.
...the Mandarin’s rings were intended for THESE guys?!! Whoa!
squirrelly-sama

Re: Flag-Smasher (Guy)

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm Image
I didn't know batman moonlighted as a Marvel Villain...
Jabroniville

Forbush Man

Post by Jabroniville »

FORBUSH MAN (Irving Forbush)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Snafu (1955- Irving), Not Brand Echh #1 (Aug. 1967- Forbush Man)
Role: Parody Hero
Group Affiliations: The New Paramounts
PL 8 (8)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Office Gofer) 2 (+0)

Advantages:
Luck

Powers:
"Dumb Luck" Damage 8 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (Flaws: Uncontrolled) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Dumb Luck -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +0

Complications:
Reputation (Imbecile)- Stan Lee frequently cracks jokes at Forbush's expense: he is apparently quite dim-witted and incompetent.

Total: Abilities: -12 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 2 (8)

-I feel a short explanation is needed: the name "Irving Forbush" had been used by Stan Lee for years as an example of a fictional Marvel Comics employee that Stan constantly belittled- it was part of the goofy "wouldn't you want to work here" attitude that Stan gave the Marvel Comics of the Silver Age (which was a big part of their popularity that eventually helped them takeover of the marketplace from DC). Forbush became the mascot of satire comic Snafu (basically like MAD), but it only lasted three issues. Later, when Marvel published a parody comic that poked fun at itself, Not Brand Echh Forbush became the dreaded FORBUSH-MAN, causing the Fantastic Four, The Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom to cower in his presence. Five issues later gave him his first major appearance- the ficitious Office Gofer at "Marble Comics" had a cooking pot slammed down on his head by his Auntie Mayhem, and thus discovered the perfect secret identity. Generally, he defeats enemies like "The Juggernut" by accident and dumb luck, lacking all super-powers.

-Not Brand Echh lasted a year or so, and Forbush returned for the 1980s in What The--?!, an ensemble book with a similar concept. In 1993, The Death of Forbush Man (the hyphen had been dropped by this point, but still appears in other stories) was published under that title- Forbush was slain battling Dumsday. This all seems a bit more "cute" than actually funny, but Marvel in the '60s was a very weird place. The covers are pretty funny, though- Marvel was always unafraid to humiliate its major characters.

-Forbush got a semi-in-universe debut as a member of The New Paramounts, a series of Echh-derived characters in Warren Ellis' vulgar, anarchic Nextwave book- he was killed by Boom-Boom for attempting to mind control her- as she had no mind to control, she was unaffected. The standard version is basically an incompetent's incompetent, incapable of pretty much anything aside from winning fights by accident (an Uncontrolled Perception-Ranged Damage effect).

The Nextwave version features a nasty power that forces the victim to see their own personal Hell, an act that would slowly kill them as time wore on:
Powers:
"Forbush Vision" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2, Cumulative) (40)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Bristol-D! Flag-Smasher! The Fatboys! Fin Fang Foom!)

Post by drkrash »

You'd never get away with that 2nd cover anymore.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Doc chaos

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Bristol-D! Flag-Smasher! The Fatboys! Fin Fang Foom!)

Post by Doc chaos »

Forbush Man! Eternity! My favorite Mash-up. More so than Dark Claw? Yeah!!!!