Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Transfer of the game from Roninarmy since that board is no longer working properly after the last " update"...
Initiative count:
CJ: 28
Fendaryll: 24
Stain: 18
Kid Martian: 17
Anna: 16
Rust Angel: 15
Mergebane: 14
Helena: 12
Malady: 11

CJ's turn.
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke »

Ah, I was wrong. I thought her init was 16.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ
HP: 1; Condition: Normal

CJ remains invisible in the alley. Under the assumption that we are still gathering intell, CJ reads Rust Angel's mind hoping to find out who hired them and whether or not all four aliens are the target or maybe only one of them. General intentions of Rust Angel regarding us and collateral damage are also of interest.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

CJ tries to read Rust Angel's mind...but it's almost as if there is nothing there, nothing except a mental " sound" of metal grinding against metal.

A moment later, an arrow flies from one of the rooftops, aimed at Anna...and shot with deadly precision!
Need a Toughness check against DC 21
Stain, meanwhile, sighs and closes his eyes for a moment as the air within 3 meters around him begins to ripple and then shimmer with an oily, greasy film, a complete contrast to his well-groomed appearance...
He then assumes a fighting stance martial arts experts know to be a part of the Shotokan style of Karate.
Kid Martian's turn.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1); Low-density form (T6/P8/D8/F5/W7)

In her low-density form, the arrow passed completely THROUGH her body with a soft 'plip', the sound of a spoonful of pudding flicked against a wall. She seemed to stumble, her hand going to a spot on her shoulder where her costume had sprouted a momentary hole...

"Ummm... OW! Cut that out!"

>OOC: Toughness 1d20+6= 17, failed by 4 (1 degree); roll https://orokos.com/roll/729277
(While her full phase slot has Reaction, I don' think she can switch array slots THAT quickly. She also has more of a response planned (Acting much more hurt than she is, but that will have to wait until her turn, since I don't think she can use a Deception attempt until then either.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ

Over the comms CJ says, "Rust Angel has some kind of protection against mental powers."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane

"Oh no, how awful." Ryou snarks in reply.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"It happens." she said. "Where is the elf?" she asked CJ. "I wish to teach him manners."

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane

With his successful identification of how the elf 'feels' within his merge sense, Ryou pinpoints his location to the group as accurately as he can over the commlink.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

OOC - IIRC, Kid Martian had landed and joined the group, assuming the likeness of one of their guests after throwing up a wall for cover (made up of his own body mass) to complete the switch and bait....

M'Att looks up and scans the area, assuming a fighting stance of his own and using his "Martian Telekinesis" to create a nullify field around himself and anyone close by.

(OOC - Nullify Projectiles 7, Broad Type, Burst Area - 27 PP from his array if my math is right...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1); Full phase (T5/P6/D6/F5/W7; Incorporeal, affected by Magic)

Anna took another step, and stumbled again, one hand going to her head and peeling away her dark sunglasses. Behind them, her eyes were big and brown, perfect "Puppy dog eyes", just starting to brim with tears. She looked around, as if dazed, before those wide wet eyes turned to Stain, the closest of the group. "I... I don't feel so good, mister. That hurt..."

She raised one open hand, flailing weakly. "Why did you have to hurt me?"

>OOC:
- This is a use of Taunt to demoralize Stain. Deception 1d20+10= 23, roll https://orokos.com/roll/729521 (not including any possible circumstance since she looks so small and fragile). In addition, shifting to Full Phase state, which is Subtle 2 and so looks like she is fully solid (and correspondingly vulnerable. Man, she needs to pick up some Set-Up, so she can Feint for others.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

while Stain seems taken aback, Rust Angel does not seem to have such qualms. Using her wings to rise higher, she then begins to shed numerous small, rusted but nonetheless sharp metal spikes at the entire group - miraculously not hitting her allies!
That's a perception-ranged attack thanks to her ferrokinesis. Need a Dodge roll against 18 from each of you. If you fail, toughness save against DC 23. And it's Mergebane's turn
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 2>1
-o-O-o-
Dodge: 24
Toughness: 23

Standard: Mergebane on Stain
Move: 30 ft. Approach
Free: Extra Effort (Standard, Unarmed attack On Stain)

Nullify: 15
Nullify, Reroll: 27 Vs. Will Defense (Critical success...?)
Attack: 10 (Well... I made an attempt there at least)
Ryou weathers the storm of shrapnel without incident, both able to bring up his guard and his own heavy clothing more then capable of preventing nicks and cuts. He considers, for a moment, that it'd be best to put a bane upon Rust Angel. Stain however is a dangerous foe with his ability to sap strength and skill. Perhaps having his merge-given gifts sapped away would be the final nail that broke his morale.

His eyes darkened, hair swaying now by a breeze he himself inflicts as he focuses solely on that man. He didn't understand how this ever worked, and perhaps he never would. Yet he had witnessed it's effects time and time again. This time, the pull felt stronger then usual. More certain. The boy approached, and tried to take a swing at the man, but with his mind focused on the pull he couldn't land a clear hit.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1); Full phase T5/P6/D6/F5/W7; Incorporeal (affected by magic)

"Ow, cut it out! Ow! Ow!" Anna cries out as metal bits rain down around her. She is so invested in PRETENDING to be hurt that she doesn't really dodge. It was a good thing that she wasn't solid right now...

>OOC: Unless the projectiles are magic, Anna isn't affected, but she tries to pretend like she is...
-Dodge 1d20+6= 8
-Toughness 1d20+5= 22
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/730567
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena
The girl simply ignores the attack and launches her own attack, the elf momentarily forgotten. Her grandpappa always said that the quickest way to end a fight was to incapacitate the heart or the brains of the opponent or group. Rust Angel was obviously the brains of the opposing group. "You vill not win this day," she said, mastering her own excitement and as a result, her accent became a bit clearer.

In any case, the girl launched her own attack, a bright cone of glittering motes intending to blind and hopefully incapacitate Rust Angel!

ooc
Blinding Burst: Cumulative Shapeable Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 17; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 17, Cumulative; Limited: Vision).

Helena is in her Light form, so she can simply ignore physical attacks.

Battle Init