Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Already jail is looking more and more appealing to Vincent.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

No face eating aliens there at least
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:22 pm [OOC: If you want to kill her, you need to make a killing blow.]
Would that be a separate action or do I need to declare my attack to be a killing blow?
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:33 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:49 am We're clearly a very cohesive group. :lol:
I think the "I didn't say go" post is perfect.

Oh, and Re: extra mass on transform. Absolutely true. I was arguing about it in a thread on RA last week. I wish the Extra mass extra stated explicitly it was only for movement powers where it says a flat number with no other method of changing the mass.
The extra mass extra makes sense for a lot of abilities. However, when the power states explicitly that the mass that can be transformed is calculated from the level of the power, it would be stupid to allow the extra to bypass the obviously game balancing cost. If I allowed the use of the extra, then:

Transform 5 (Anything into Anything 5/r) would cost 25pp and transform 25lbs. Meanwhile

Transform 1 (Anything into Anything 5/r) + extra mass 20 would also cost 25pp and transform 800 tons.

If I allowed this, then why on earth would anyone ever spend the pp on transform when they could save pp and get a much stronger power.
Loneclaw wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:53 pm
nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:22 pm [OOC: If you want to kill her, you need to make a killing blow.]
Would that be a separate action or do I need to declare my attack to be a killing blow?
For minions and civilians, you can just declare this is intended to kill and I will grant it to you. They are just very fleshy marshmallows after all. For anyone who isn't a minion, it must be a separate action. Villains kill civilians and goons wantonly in movies, but heroes and partners are always given a bit more time. I want to reflect that in the game.

Edit: This isn't at all important to the game. However, I thought it might be interesting to note that for the cost of 88pp and the obviously broken ruling permitting the extra mass, you could have Transform 1 (any to any 5/r) + extra mass 83. With this, it would be possible to transform the Earth into anything. Add another 13pp and you could transform the entire solar system. (Though I imagine you would need to add perception range in order to actually make use of it in this manner.)
Last edited by nowhereman2 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Alright, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Though, since I didn't know it this time, may I retroactively declare it to be a killing blow?
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

You could do that... or this could be a hilarious character moment.

I mean, honestly at this point I fully expect your character to pause, look at Breach, and then continue chowing down on the vict... civilian.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Good point.

I've given her a suitable character moment. Whether it's hilarious or not is debatable. :p
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 pm If I allowed this, then why on earth would anyone ever spend the pp on transform when they could save pp and get a much stronger power.
I was agreeing with your ruling and complaining that I've heard people disagree with it.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

A note that might become important at a later time. I consider opening doors a semi-free action. If the door isn't locked, protected by a trap/curse, you can move through it at the cost of 5 feet of movement (scaled up if you have faster movement. eg. 10 feet if you can move 60 ft/round etc...). This is affected by abilities like quickness. If you have superspeed 4 (speed 4, quickness 4), then you will have movement of 480ft/round and it will cost 5 feet to open a door (quickness -4 ranks, speed +4 ranks cancels out). If you had only speed 4, you would be able to move the same 480ft/round, but it would cost 80 feet to open a door. This is meant to reflect the need to stop, turn handle, and open a door. Obviously this would not apply if you decide to simply burst through the door.

Note, this rule does not apply to mechanically opened and closed doors that require the use of a switch, lever, human sacrifice to open. It is a standard action to operate it.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well, on the rules of transform subject, getting extra mass does not mean getting a stronger effect, as the save will still be pretty low if you dont buy ranks. Not that it wouldnt be abused, but still not a biiiig game breaking thing.
oh, and I ported Scylla to my first post in this thread
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist was the name he was using as a theif, I was calling him as a whole 'The Occultist'. Yet in the end, I think his theif name is much more appropriate so I'll use it from now on.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Tomlin Wyatt isn't an important character, but that guy just keeps on keepin' on. He doesn't stand a chance against you guys, but I find myself rooting for him.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nobody expects the ghosts.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Camus wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm Well, on the rules of transform subject, getting extra mass does not mean getting a stronger effect, as the save will still be pretty low if you dont buy ranks. Not that it wouldnt be abused, but still not a biiiig game breaking thing.
oh, and I ported Scylla to my first post in this thread
Objects don't get a save (as they have no will, fortitude, etc...). Also, transform cannot be used on people. The Hero's Manual is actually explicit on that. If you intend to use this power to liquify a person, you need to get an alt effect, affliction limited: third degree only, (transform into water). If this is your goal, at the end of the current encounter, I was planning on giving you guys either a HP or a PP (your choice).

Edit: (Note: in order to be useful, your affliction would need to be permanent. I would probably allow it, given that I could choose to have one or two characters be able to resist it after transformation. Can't have you turn the BBEG into a puddle now. That would be boring.)
Last edited by nowhereman2 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I wonder if they should be called 'Villian Poimts' for this game. What do you think?
------------