The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by StarGuard »

submission removed
Last edited by StarGuard on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Most interested. I was part of the original crew of one of your Merge games but soemthing happened back then when I had health issues and I had to drop out. I would like to throw my hat in with a ninja stealth and subterfuge master!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

@Starguard.... Suggestion for your Force Athletics since it doesn't use the full points of the slot... Add some Movement in there. Safe Fall, Sure Footed, Trackless... just thoughts.

@kirinke... that Jack O'Neill idea is intriguing...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Crinoverse was one of the major inspirations for the Merge universe. Like the builds I have seen so far :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

T-800/ Richard Connor
PL6/ 120

Abilities
Strength 6,
Stamina NA
Agility 3,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 1,
Presence -1

Powers
Endoskeleton: (46 points)
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Armored: Protection 6,
Bulletproof: Immunity 5, (Quirk: Limited to small arms fire)
Reinforced Servo Motors: Enhanced Strength 6
Alt: Sleeper Hold: Affliction 6 [Resisted/ Overcome by Fort (Dazed/ Stunned/ Incapacitated); Progressive; Grab Based]
Increased Mass: Feature 2
Voice Mimicry: Illusion (Auditory) 1
Cybernetic Organism: (13 points)
Unfazeable: Immunity 5 [(Interaction Skills)],
Regenerating Synthetic Skin: Feature 1,
Interface: Comprehend 1 [(Machines)],
Machine Mind: Immunity 10 [(Immune to Mental Powers, Limited: can be reprogrammed)]

Equipment
Arsenal
Grenade: Damage 5 [Burst Area; Reach 2 (10 ft)]
Alt: Shotgun: Damage 5 [Ranged; (AE: Ranged Damage 5, Accurate, Dangerous, 2 Ranks Limited to targets without Protection)]
Alt: Heavy Pistol/ Rifle: Damage 4 [Ranged]
Alt: Submachine Gun: Damage 5 [Ranged; Multi-Attack]
Alternate Ammo: Feature 2 [Explosive (Improved Critical), ; Stun (Ranged Affliction 5 (Overcome by Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)]Cybernetic Enhancements
Direction, Darkvision, Infravision, Extended Vision 2, Rapid Vision 2: Senses 8

Advantages
Equipment 5,
Defensive Roll 1,
Jack-of-All-Trades,
Beginner's Luck,
Power Attack,
Close Attack 1,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Improved Hold,
Eidetic Memory,
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation],
Interpose

Skills
Acrobatics (+3),
Athletics (+6),
Deception (-1),
Expertise (+2),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation 2 (+8),
Investigation (+2),
Perception 5 (+6),
Persuasion (+-1),
Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+7),
Sleight of Hand (+3),
Stealth (+3),
Technology 7 (+9),
Treatment 2 (+4),
Vehicles 7 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +6, Damage 6
Firearms +7, Damage 5 (or less)

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 5
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude NA
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 59 + Advantages 16 + Skills 9 + Defenses 10 = Total 120

Complications
Vulnerable – Magnetics. Take an extra degree of failure against all magnetic attacks
Primary Objective – The Terminator is programmed with a mission and won't deviate from it.
Explosive Power Cell – If damaged, the Terminator's power cells have the power of a smal Nuke
Almost Human – Animals re uneasy around the presence of a Terminator and will become agitaged, drawing attention to its presence

Design Notes
:arrow: Wow. First draft of a build and it had Complications !
:arrow: I tried for PL 8/ 90 pts and pretty much succeeded but had no equipment and was pretty much a brick - as in the brick one uses to build a house. Pl 7/ 105 almost had it, but had to go for PL 6/120 to get what I wanted... I imagine him giving trouble to the police, swat and soldier types listed in the various books as minions though.
:arrow: The thing that may stand out is his senses... there is nothing Earth-Shatteringly powerful in there though.
:arrow: The Arsenal is built with standard equipment, which means out of ammo = no hero point. I made them AP of each other as he can only use one at a time.
:arrow: Immunity to Mental Effects is flawed as he can be reprogrammed by someone with sufficient tech powers or abilities.
:arrow: Need a name... Arnold seemed to cheesy... Uncle Bob? Pops? One of Arnie's sons? Went with Richard Connor but changed that to Tim. I like the nod to Connor (whoever reprogrammed it and gave it an identity has a sense of humor or is a Terminator fan... the Tim part was semi-nod to T-800... essentially a name that starts with T and sounds reasonably good paired with Connor...) Decided to keep Richard in the end.
:arrow: Some of the things that got left on the assembly line floor were various skills, the HUD that he is shown to see (which is arguably just descriptor) and the language databanks that he chooses vernacular from... with the exception of the skills, most of that is flavor and descriptor. The skills are accounted for with Jack of All Trades and Beginner's Luck.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

T=At this PL ... this guy is tougher than nails with his Immunities ... glad you avoided actual regeneration. Good simulation of what we might see at this PL. He definitely is going to give a squad of normal cops and soldiers fits. The nuke complication seems more a problem for the team than it does Conner :twisted:

PS: Good advice on the Movement slot in the Force Powers, especially Safe Fall and Sure Footed. Thanks
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So now I 'm wondering how whatever agency got ahold of a T800 to reprogram...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo - added a link n my sig to the post in the setting thread with all the character links... I am in the process right now of adding the character submissions to that post.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agent Long

Personnel File # 8674359A, Agent Nathaniel Long

Origin:
Nathaniel Long was a junior researcher at a prosthetics manufacture company making new medical-grade materials - lightweight, resilient plastics. A Hulk sighting in the area prompted pursue-and-capture/eliminate directives under protocol Ross1626 and forces were sent in. (See mission logs 90548, 90591, and 90605). The Hulk, in efforts to elude pursuit, lept into the manufacturing plant, detonating an industrial heating coil by landing on it, before leaping out again.

The explosion from the damaged heating coil rocked the laboratory Nathan Long was in. At the time, Mr. Long was standing in front of a cabinet with several experimental plastic compounds and corrosives. The cabinet was toppled over on him and he lay, saturated in an unidentifiable chemical mix for hours until rescue workers directed by Homeland Security clean-up operations could dig their way to his lab and get him out. He spent several days in a military hospital, his body composition fluctuating from a viscous liquid barely maintaining cohesion to a pale plasticine capable of stretching great distances. He awoke on his own after several days in the hospital. The previously mention alterations to his physiology seemed to be permanent.

It is unknown whether the exposure triggered latent abilities or exposure to the chemical compounds (samples of which already showed degredation and half-life breakdown at time of collection) caused the change. Subsequent psychiatric evaluations preceeding the standard release of liability statements and confidentiality agreements, show his to possess a temperment suitable to our purposes and his new-found abilities could be an asset to our organization. Recemmended for training.

Family Profile:
Parents - Deceased.

Brother - Nathan has an older brother, Corporal Richard Long (USAC), that lost his legs to a land mine while on tour, honorably discharged.

Sister - Nathan has a younger sister, Kelly Long, in California who is/was an activist against the military efforts.

Training Logs:
Master Trainer Jarett Thompson -"I don't know who sent us this buttwipe but they can da#%-well take his stretchy a** back! He's snarky, mouths off every chance he gets, and can't resist showing off his abilities. Oh, he gets the job done passably but then you have to listen to him prattle on about it. Luckily there are plenty of grounds to recommend him for infiltration training, otherwise I'd throttle him myself."

Senior Trainer Phong Ngyuen - "Young Master Long shows a propensity for rashness but takes to assignments quickly and eagerly. The key to this trainee will be couching assignments in the form of games and mischiefs. He seems to take to this model of instruction readily." "AMENDMENT: Perhaps this was not the best idea. Nathan has taken to passing himself off as pieces of furniture and seeing how long it is before somebody notices. There are report that several trainees in Barracks F11 presumed the common room television was broken until Nathan's laughter at their frustrations regarding the remote gave the jest away. I, myself, have taken to inspecting my room most carefully before beginning my meditations. The student is adept but needs more discipline."

Agent Nathaniel Long
PL7,105

Str 0
Dex 4
Agi 2
Sta 4
fgt 0
Awe 0
Int 0
Pre 0
[20pp]

Defenses
Toughness 4+3=7
Dodge 2+5 = 7 [5pp]
Parry 7 [7pp]
Will 7 = 7 [7pp]
Fort 4 +3 = 7 [3pp]

Skill 1/3 [16pp]: Acrobatics 3(+5), Perception 9(+9), Stealth 5(+7), Expertise - Chemistry 5(+5), Investigation 1(+1), deception 13(+13), Close (unarmed) 7, Sleight of Hand 5 (+9),

advantages [14+1pp]: Evasion 2, Prone fighting, Equipment 2+1, Grabbing Finesse, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved
Hold, Set Up, Redirect, Move By Attack, improved initiative, interpose,

Equipment: mutagenic molecular suit - Protection 3, subtle, Feature: changes/stretches with Long (including color), insulating - immunity (half) Hot/Cold environment, commlink, night vision goggles (low-light vision), Quick change 2
Equipment: Standalone Searchable Pop-culture/Universe database; Camera, Expertise Pop-culture/Universe +8.

Combat:
init: +6
Unarmed, +7 vs. Parry DC15
Grab: Free after unarmed attack (regular or Fan arms), DC19 [10+Dex+Elongation] Str or Dodge to resist. To Escape (move action), DC24 Athletics or Sleight of Hand
Create Drop, +6 vs. Parry, DC23 Toughness
Create Encompass, +6 vs. Parry, DC 18 Dodge or Encompassed
Fan arms, +7 vs. Parry, Multiattack, DC22 Toughness, Takedown 1
Octopus, Selective Area-Burst, DC17 Dodge or DC21 or 18 Toughness or DC 17 or 13 Trip(vs. Athletics or Acrobatics) or Disarm(vs. Strength)

Powers:
Immunity Suffocation, Critical Hits, sleep [5pp]

Bouncy;
Second chance (Toughness saves, Bludgeoning descriptor) [1pp]

Elongation 5[5pp+3AE] {250 ft}
AE: Living Wheel: Speed 5 {900ft/move,60mph (500ft/move if Prone)}
AE: Insubstantial 1,
AE: Swinging, Speed 3

Create 8, Moveable, flaw: Feedback, Range-Close, Precise, Accurate 3, innate, Subtle 1, Tether [15pp+4AE]
{He creates shapes from his own body, He can create a dome shield over lots of innocents, or drop over a large area. As a part of him, he takes damaged when he suffers attack but can move about.}
AE: Lashing Fan Arms; Enhanced Striking strength 7, Multiattack on strength (7), Takedown attack 1
{His stretchy arms lengthen and he whirls them around like a fan, thrusting them forward into bad guys.}
AE: Octopus playing the drums: Move Object(2/r), Area-burst(+1/r), Range-Close(-1/r), Damaging(+1/r), Selective(+1/r), Duration - instant(-2/r), Precise, PR7
{Agent Long can lash out with long, fluidic, tentacly arms, to trip or disarm or deliver a slap, slash, or stab. He can't apply sustained strength to lift and hold up something but he can deliver a powerful hydrostatic shove and quick bursts of motion.}
AE: Morph 4, Increased Action: Move, Quirk: Texture is always pliable plastic
AE: Shape away the wounds; Healing, Restorative, Self-Only, Persistent pr7

Abilities 20+Defenses22 + Skills16+ Adv14 +Powers33 = 105

Complications:
Family - as described above. Homeland Security has offered to supplement the disability recieved by Nathan's older brother and get him the best of care all unbeknownst to Richard.
Showoff - Nathan will casually receive the salt shaker from the kitchen without getting up two rooms away, for example.
Likes to have a good time - Since the accident that gave him these abilities, Nathan does not take life for granted. Carpe Diem!
Snarky/Mouths-off - Nathan has a tendency to say what he's thinking regardless of who he addresses. It's generally a snide comment. Activate this complication to have Nathan says something that might/will get him in trouble.

Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Unless Neo changed his mind, technically SHIELD doesn't exist. We're working for Homeland Security. (Mostly semantics and no real effect on your character though !)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

So now I 'm wondering how whatever agency got ahold of a T800 to reprogram...
You can bet if it's weird, involves a dark or evil mechanical thing, Aggie will make friends with it and convince it to work for her or whomever she's working for at the time. :lol:
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote:Unless Neo changed his mind, technically SHIELD doesn't exist. We're working for Homeland Security. (Mostly semantics and no real effect on your character though !)
Thank you! Edited out mention of them.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Some other ideas that came to mind for this one:

:idea: Knight Rider (With KITT as a Sidekick or Summoned Minion). I was leaning towards the 2008 version.
:idea: MacGyver (The original). Gadgeteer of some kind but I was not inspired when it came to actually statting his abilities...
:idea: an Immortal from the Highlander series. But the series/ franchise kind of dragged on for me and I really feel there should have been only one.
:idea: Lara Croft
:idea: Nick Knight (From Forever Knight, a old Canadian TV show). Because I was looking for a Vampire-type to play...
:idea: As it turns out, I also have a PL 7/ 105 PP Gargoyle...

I actually have an idea for a story/ game of my own based in this world... this PL, the team would be assigned to determine if certain artefacts, relics and items of power have Merged... and if so, which version. Their mission would be to secure or otherwise neutralize said items. The first ones that came to mind were the Swords from Saberhagen's books of Swords and specifically ARDNEH...

Then I wondered if the Tablet of Ahkmenrah crossed over... :mrgreen:
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'd be interested in that as well!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I think an idea is coming together on my part... pure skill monkey. A CIA agent once mentored by the notorious Michael Westen...
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe