Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sage! Super-Nova! Sally Floyd! Spider-Women!)

Post by Ken »

Why Marvel needed to create Spider-Woman.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

MILF. It does a body good.

SPIDER-WOMAN II (Julia Carpenter, aka Arachne)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Mike Zeck
First Appearance: Secret Wars #6-7 (Oct.-Nov. 1984)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (of Spidey), Super-MILF, Single Mom
Group Affiliations: The Avengers West Coast, Freedom Force, Force Works, The CSA, Omega Flight
Avengers Grade: C-Level
PL 10 (155)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Government Agent) 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Webbing) 5 (+11)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Defense, Teamwork

Powers:
"Spider-Movement"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]

"Psionic Webs"
Movement 1 (Swinging) [2]
"Detect Vibrations" Senses 3 (Ranged Touch- Accurate) [3]
Snare 8 (Feats: Indirect 4, Split, Tether) (30) -- [31]
  • AE: Move Object 1 (Flaws: Limited to Webs) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Psi-Webs +11 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Daughter, Rachel)- Julia is a single mother, having divorced Rachel's father years ago. This is a frequent source of trouble and angst, though happily Rachel soon figured out what Julia was up to in her double-life. But to Child Protection Services and Julia's ex-husband, who don't know that she's Spider-Woman, she just looks like an absentee mother.
Responsibility (The Comission)- The Commission gave Julia spider-powers against her will (at the behest of her school-friend, Valerie Cooper), forced her into acting as their agent, and then sent a group of super-villains after her.
Relationship (Moonraker, The Shroud)- Julia was together with her Force Works colleague Moonraker for a bit, but was revealed in the 2000s to be dating the anti-hero The Shroud.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 10 (155)

-The Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman came about after the failed Jessica Drew series, and she debuted in Secret Wars, with an awesome black costume and no personality to speak of (when people kvetch about the series, they're talking about stuff like "Hi, I'm the new Spider-Woman! I'm here to join you!" and then she just joins up and does nothing interesting for six more issues). She kicked around with Freedom Force as a forced operative for a bit, before joining the West Coast Avengers crew, and kicked around that book for a few years. It's a bit weird that she rarely interacted with Spidey, either- he based the design of his Black Costume on her, but she was really more of an X-Men character at first, before moving over to WCA in its middle years, staying there until the end of the book.

-Truth be told, I really dug the character, despite the fact that she never really got up to much. Since it's virtually the law of the land that no superheroes can ever marry and, *gasp* -- BREED, it's ultra-rare to see a super-heroine who is actually a mother. But the Single Mom thing is virtually untreaded-ground in superhero books, and instantly made her stand out- despite comic writers fearing it like marriage/reproduction is the Devil Itself, it can provide a HUGE amount of extra stories to a character, involving the more-serious responsibilities of parenting in addition to super-heroics. Plus, y'know, the MILF aspect. Truly one of the least-used fetishes out there in an industry that's only TOO HAPPY to throw out ever OTHER sexual fetish out there with aplomb. Well, she's not nearly as old as the usual "MILF" is (sometimes, the fetish is treated like "any older woman"), but still- it counts. And that COSTUME- the Spidey Black Costume is one of the best visual designs ever, and modifying it for a female character adds in thigh-high leggings, shoulder-length gloves and legs that wrap around the entire torso... I mean, DAMN. I've seen a handful of artists REALLY sex up her design, too- one Secret Defenders arc features some of the more-ludicrous sexy poses and POVs of the Iron Age. What I'm saying is, I find the character hot. I hope I got that across.

-She had a brief Limited Series in the '90s against a team called Death Web (created by the same Commission who gave her super-powers against her will). Soon after, however, she retired from super-heroics (the book must not have sold well), and was then depowered in a Spider-Man arc that involved the creation of a NEW Spider-Woman. When Jessica Drew, the original Spider-Woman, was given a massive push by Bendis, that was basically the death-knell for Julia as an important part of comics, as she changed her name to Arachne (with restored powers after a serum left her de-paralyzed from the aforementioned Power Theft). She was stuck on the Omega Flight team of silliness, helping defend an Alpha Flight-less Canada. And she was a major character in the 1990s Iron Man cartoon series, which utilized her as a kinder, gentler love interest (with more Spidey-Like Powers, though in the first season she just threw nets), as opposed to the sultrier Scarlet Witch as a potential partner for Tony.

-But yeah, consider Julia, based off of appearance and some unique character bits, to be one of my top Red Guardian Characters. She deserves a lot better than to be chucked into the background of the Spideyverse like she has been, but considering that her entire super-heroic career has been spent on C-league books like Avengers West Coast (post-Englehart, it dropped in sales by a ways) and Force Works, she was never particularly high on anyone's radar.

-Julia Carpenter takes a bit from Spidey's build for obvious reasons, at a generally lower-level throughout. She's a PL 9.5 Snare-using fighter who's a standard PL 9 elsewhere, but with a handful of smarts. She has a few side-powers and unique tricks that are interesting, however- particularly a Snare that can sprout up at range and move in any direction (4 ranks of Indirect), an ability to control her own webs (Move Object of the already-created webs), and a Tremorsense (tough to figure out, but thankfully Ultimate Power lists it flat-out- it's Ranged Touch, and also Accurate. Which Touch is anyways, which is what confused me- I guess this just makes the Ranged part ALSO Accurate).

MADAME WEB II (Julia Carpenter, aka Arachne, Spider-Woman II)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Mike Zeck
First Appearance: Secret Wars #6-7 (Oct.-Nov. 1984)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (of Spidey), Super-MILF, Single Mom
Group Affiliations: The Avengers West Coast, Freedom Force, Force Works, The CSA, Omega Flight
Avengers Grade: C-Level
PL 10 (192)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10/12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Government Agent) 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Webbing) 5 (+11)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Defense, Teamwork

Powers:
"Spider-Movement"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Psionic Webs"
Movement 1 (Swinging) [2]
"Detect Vibrations" Senses 3 (Ranged Touch- Accurate) [3]
Snare 8 (Feats: Indirect 4, Split, Tether) (30) -- [31]
  • AE: Move Object 1 (Flaws: Limited to Webs) (1)
"Madame Web Powers"
"Blindsight" Senses 3 (Accurate Psionic Sense) [3]
"Future Sight" Enhanced Fighting & Defenses 2 [8]

"Clairvoyance" Remote Sensing (Visual & Hearing) 8 (24) -- [26]
  • AE: "Telepathy" Communication 3 (Mental) (15)
  • AE: "Psionic Senses" Senses 6 (Precognition, Detect Psionic Powers- Ranged) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Psi-Webs +11 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (+13 Future Sight, DC 21-23), Parry +11 (+13 Future Sight, DC 21-13), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Daughter, Rachel)- Julia is a single mother, having divorced Rachel's father years ago. This is a frequent source of trouble and angst, though happily Rachel soon figured out what Julia was up to in her double-life. But to Child Protection Services and Julia's ex-husband, who don't know that she's Spider-Woman, she just looks like an absentee mother.
Responsibility (The Comission)- The Commission gave Julia spider-powers against her will (at the behest of her school-friend, Valerie Cooper), forced her into acting as their agent, and then sent a group of super-villains after her.
Relationship (Moonraker, The Shroud)- Julia was together with her Force Works colleague Moonraker for a bit, but was revealed in the 2000s to be dating the anti-hero The Shroud.
Disabled (Blind)- But it doesn't really affect her, since she has Blindsight and all. Maybe she sucks worse at telling colours apart or something.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 79 / Defenses: 10 (192)

-Even worse things would happen, as Madame Web would be killed in the Spidey books, and her prophetic power and blindness would then be transferred to JULIA, rendering her disabled. This turned her into the ever-awful "Foreseeing Advisor" character, which brings with it permanent smugness and vague instructions, all of which are VERY ANNOYING CHARACTER TRAITS.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shock

Re: Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Image
I love how this last costume looks like the spider finally lost the battle and is being squished between her breasts.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

So I was thinking,the best way to make Brute Force might just be to use your animal builds, then add their armour, which adds increased strength, toughness, and intelligence, and some of them have weapons. I might actually try that myself, if you don't mind me using your animal builds. I also have the comics to work off of.
Ken

Re: Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Post by Ken »

Shock wrote:
Jabroniville wrote: Image
I love how this last costume looks like the spider finally won the battle and is happily being squished between her breasts.
What do you mean "lost"? Fixed that for you.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote:So I was thinking,the best way to make Brute Force might just be to use your animal builds, then add their armour, which adds increased strength, toughness, and intelligence, and some of them have weapons. I might actually try that myself, if you don't mind me using your animal builds. I also have the comics to work off of.
Oh, sure! Go nuts. I was stymied by lack of info when I tried to build them, so if you could do the legwork, I could happily just steal... I mean HOMAGE... your work!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I also wish Julia Carpenter got to do more; I support your Red Guardian-ship, Jab.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote:
KorokoMystia wrote:So I was thinking,the best way to make Brute Force might just be to use your animal builds, then add their armour, which adds increased strength, toughness, and intelligence, and some of them have weapons. I might actually try that myself, if you don't mind me using your animal builds. I also have the comics to work off of.
Oh, sure! Go nuts. I was stymied by lack of info when I tried to build them, so if you could do the legwork, I could happily just steal... I mean HOMAGE... your work!
Heh, I wouldn't mind that at all. I figure them to be either PL 7s or 8s, leaning towards 7s because they only appeared in a 4-issue miniseries then a crossover with Deadpool years later, though apparently their armor got upgrades in that crossover, from what I know of it. They even gave Deadpool his own armor, and all of their suits could fuse together into a big mech. I'll probably stick to their original miniseries for statting them for starters, though.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I gotta admit, I always kinda liked Julia too.

Maybe it was because I bought things like Avengers West Coast and Secret Defenders and such

But yeah, I prefer this character to Jess
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Honestly I liked both Jess & Julia, but for different reasons.

With Jess I was part of her "target audience" so she hit all the right buttons for me, plus a chick Spider-Man who's powers weren't a direct rip-off of his!

Julia was due to her being willing to break the rules when she was with Freedom Force (which was my first exposure to her) and help the good guys who were getting screwed over by the "reformed" members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I got the feeling she was just in a bad situation there and was willing to do what she felt was called for to do the right thing. Plus the costume helped a great deal because like Jab said - it is an awesome design.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Spider-Woman (Franklin)

Post by Jabroniville »

SPIDER-WOMAN III (Martha "Mattie" Franklin)
Created By:
John Byrne & Rafael Kanayan
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #441 (1998)
Role: ANOTHER Spider-Woman, Forgotten Teen Heroine
Group Affiliations: The Loners
PL 8 (179)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6/7
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+7/+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)
Persuasion 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Proportionate Strength of a Spider" 
Power Lifting 1 (6 tons) [1]
"Extra Spider Legs" Extra Limbs 4 [4]

"Jessica Drew's Powers"
Flight 5 (60 mph) (10) -- [12]
  • AE: Speed 2 (2)
  • AE: "Web-Line" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
"Pheromones" Affliction 4 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to Hate for Women & Liking for Men) [8]
Immunity 12 (Poison, Disease, Radiation Effects) [12]

"Spider-Sense- Warns of Danger & Boosts Agility"
Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Extended Hearing) [2]
Enhanced Agility 1 [2]
Enhanced Skills 8: Acrobatics 4 (+12), Perception 4 (+6) [4]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Defense [3]
Enhanced Dodge 2 [2]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

"Minor Telepathy"
Mind Reading 4 [8]

"Psionic Webbing"
"Psi-Web" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether, Indirect 2) (28) -- [31]
  • AE: "Venom Blast" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralized) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (24)
  • AE: "Psionic Web Control" Move Object 5 (Flaws: Limited to Webbing) (5)
  • AE: "Web Objects" Create 5 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Spider-Web/Venom Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Pheromones +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +8 (+11 Spider-Sense)

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+9 Spider-Sense, DC 19), Parry +7 (+9 Spider-Sense, DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Madame Web)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 6 (179)

-Mattie Franklin gained her powers during a cult meeting in the "Gathering of the Five", a subplot in the Spider-books after the fall-out of the Clone Saga. She became a NEW Spider-Woman, long after Jessica Drew's series failed, and Julia Carpenter's team stuff during the '90s vanished. A Spider-Man Fangirl, she made a go of being the "exciteable teen girl heroine" archetype, but wasn't really popular- her push died out, and her book lasted for 18 issues, being cancelled on Dec. 2000. Became one of many insignificant heroes created during the '90s that went on to do nothing. She only shows up once every several years- at one point she was being used as the source for Mutant Growth Hormone drugs in Alias, something Bendis later copied for Dazzler, via Mystique, during his X-Men run. Another time, she was a member of The Loners/Excelsior in The Runaways.

-Considered a bit of a failure, she's sacrificed by Kraven The Hunter's family in a recent story, in order to bring Kraven's son Vladimir back to life- the creators gave her a bit of a sad ending, but kept her proud until the end. As she's a forgotten, forgettable character (at one point just being a joke by Spider-Man, frustrated over the sheer number of "Spider-Women" out there), and her predecessors have come back into the limelight, it's fairly unlikely we'll ever see her again.

-Yet another weak character turned very, very expensive (a starting PL 12 level!) thanks to the Spider-power-set, with some added boosts. She has Jessica Drew's Flight and Pheromones (Sustained & Burst, but Limited), Peter's physical powers (at lower levels), some Extra Limbs, Psionic Webbing and a Venom Blast (a Ranged Stun), plus minor Telepathy. Kind of a grab-bag thing going on here. She's still a really minor-league character, being PL 8 overall, despite her Spider-strength & agility. She's a newbie, but she could grow... oh wait, she's dead because she failed as a character.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Spider-Woman (Witter)

Post by Jabroniville »

SPIDER-WOMAN IV (Charlotte Witter)
Created By:
Howard Mackie & John Byrne)
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #5 (May 1999)
Role: ANOTHER Spider-Woman, Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: The Loners
PL 8 (185)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6/7
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+7/+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Fashion Designer) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)
Persuasion 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Proportionate Strength of a Spider" 
Power Lifting 1 (6 tons) [1]
"Extra Spider Legs" Extra Limbs 4 [4]

"Jessica Drew's Powers"
Flight 5 (60 mph) (10) -- [12]
  • AE: Speed 2 (2)
  • AE: "Web-Line" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
"Pheromones" Affliction 4 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to Hate for Women & Liking for Men) [8]
Immunity 12 (Poison, Disease, Radiation Effects) [12]

"Spider-Sense- Warns of Danger & Boosts Agility"
Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Extended Hearing) [2]
Enhanced Agility 1 [2]
Enhanced Skills 8: Acrobatics 4 (+12), Perception 4 (+6) [4]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Defense [3]
Enhanced Dodge 2 [2]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

"Minor Telepathy"
Mind Reading 4 [8]

"Psionic Webbing"
"Psi-Web" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether, Indirect 2) (28) -- [31]
  • AE: "Venom Blast" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralized) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (24)
  • AE: "Psionic Web Control" Move Object 5 (Flaws: Limited to Webbing) (5)
  • AE: "Web Objects" Create 5 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Spider-Web/Venom Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Pheromones +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +8 (+11 Spider-Sense)

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+9 Spider-Sense, DC 19), Parry +7 (+9 Spider-Sense, DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Madame Web)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 5 (185)

-Yes, there was actually a FOURTH Spider-Woman- this one being the only super-villain to use the name. Oddly, she was created only a year after Mattie Franklin was, by some of the same people. She was a fashion designer and granddaughter of Madame Webb, who ended up working for Doctor Octopus as a result of some black market transactions. Ock manipulates her genetics (like he does), turning her into a human/spider hybrid, then gets her to absorb the powers of Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Mattie Franklin & Madame Webb, but Mattie soon re-absorbs all the powers back, leaving Charlotte powerless. She is soon beaten and left comatose in Madame Webb's mansion. She hasn't been seen since.

-Thankfully, this Spider-Woman just copies all of Mattie Franklin's powers, making this one hell of an easy build.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I wanted to like Mattie, I really did but her personality was ANNOYING and her "can do whatever all the other Spider-Women can" power set seemed like a really cheap & lazy move by the writers. It didn't help that the overall story where she got her powers sucked either.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Charlotte is a pretty good wordplay for a spider themed character...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Sublime

Post by Jabroniville »

SUBLIME (John Sublime)
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Leinil Francis Yu
First Appearance: New X-Men Annual 2001
Role: Mutated Virus
Group Affiliations: The Weapon Plus Project, The U-Men, The TransSpecies Movement, Winterbrand Tech, Megacorp
PL 8 (167)
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 8 (+12)
Expertise (Business) 6 (+14)
Insight 3 (+7)
Perception 2 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 0 (+0, +20 Size)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Microscopic Size"
Concealment 2 (Vision) [4]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) [2]
Shrinking 20 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 inch) [41]
(-5 Strength, +10 Defenses, +20 Stealth, -10 Intimidation, -2 Speed)

"Infection" Affliction 12 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Feats: Subtle 2) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Flaws: Body Merges With Target) [38]
"Mass Mind Control" Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) [20]
Regeneration 6 (Extras: Affects Others) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (No Damage, DC 00)
Infection +3 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Mind Control +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Power Loss (Possession)- Sublime cannot possess the bodies of Mutants.
Enemy (Mutants)- Sublime cannot infect mutants, and thus he is threatened by them.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 117 / Defenses: 6 (167)

-Sublime, created from the fevered mind of Grant Morrison, is a sentient bacterial form that arose during the beginnings of life on Earth- he could infect almost any host and live within them, but found himself unable to infect Mutants. Thus, he became an enemy. Morrison of course wrote in some hogwash about the hatred and fear of mutants that possessed mankind could have been caused by Sublime himself- yeah, because of course HUMANS needed an unnatural reason to be hateful and mistrusting of another group. Feeling threatened, he formed the Weapon Plus Program, thus creating a number of characters, such as Nuke, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. He always acted from behind the scenes, until he was discovered as being behind the TransSpecies movement, which saw humans graft mutant body parts to themselves, thus gaining powers. Their militant faction, the U-Men, combated the X-Men.

-Repeatedly, Sublime was defeated by the X-Men, but he was always capable of surviving- simply hopping between hosts. Hell, he shows up a LOT for a guy I've never heard of- I guess skipping out on the Post-Morrison Era of the X-Books means I miss out on new villains like this. "Sentient Virus" isn't actually a bad concept for a villain, but every story is the same- it turns out he's behind something or another, like Weapon Plus (ie. Weapon X), the "Kick" drug (which was modified from his own form- it boosted Mutant powers. In fact, HE was controlling Xorn when he killed Jean Grey, as Sublime feared the Phoenix Force as the ultimate threat to his own existence, making that whole thing HIS fault), and more. In his latest appearance, he actually fell in love with Rachel Summers/Grey during a story in which they had to fight his sister Arkea, who'd evolved on a different planet and grew the ability to possess technology instead. The two shared an attraction, but she turned him down, believing him too villainous (also, she knew he was responsible for his mother's death). Sublime was heartbroken, and also felt he could never forgive the X-Men for killing his sister (even though he was involved in the fight).

-Sublime is a bit odd, in that he's not really a physical combatant- he's entirely based around planning things (often for years), and being involved only at the very end. The trick with him of course is that he's almost impossible to really KILL, and can invisibly jump between hosts whenever he wants.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.