J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT - Faith, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Pink Pearl

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: I totally agree about the inconsistent art. I seems like, even more so than with the ultra-fit types they normally draw, they struggle with characters like that. When they get her right, though, she's right up my BBW alley. 8-)
I think part of the problem is the typical superhero costume (even a semi-baggy one like Faith's) looks horrible on a fatter woman. Meanwhile, plainclothes actually looks kinda okay. It's the damndest thing- I think because the skin bunches out a bit in certain places, tight clothing is just a "no", even if they'd look good naked.

I noticed this a lot in Invincible during the "Chubby Eve" years- I thought she looked OH MY GOD AMAZING during that time (I mean, she was a chubster, but all the weight on her was finding itself to her boobs, thighs & butt... MY GOODNESS), especially in her regular clothes and during the random naked sexy times with Mark. But then she'd put on her pink tights and you'd be like "wow, she looks awful". Same thing afflicts so many unfortunate cosplayers (males included)- if you don't have the EXACT BOD necessary for that sh*t, it ain't gonna fly.

Your Lotus build has Javelynn's commentary, btw. I'd send you a PM about it, but you always wait like nine months to reply :p.
And I am really thinking I need to up Pearl's PL. Aurora seems like a pretty solid PL10 and she has gone toe-to-toe with her pretty well, and Beast does look like he's having a semi-hard time with her. That's a great panel.
UH-HUHUHUHUHUH HUH-HUH!! HUH-HUH!! Hey Beavis!! PINK PEARL... and SEMI-HARD! UH-HUHUHUHUHUH!!!
Thorpocalypse

Mei (and Snowball): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new addition to our Overwatch line as we stock this new item on Aisle 9!

Yes, Winston. I am with you. - Mei

MEI
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-1
Weight: 130
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Olive
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Overwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 8 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Deception (+2), Expertise [Cryogneics] 8 (+15), Expertise [Science] 6 (+13), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Guns] 5 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 6 (+13) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Inventor, Languages (1) (English, 1 other , Base: Mandarin), Sidekick (16) (Snowball), Teamwork

POWERS:
Endothermic Blaster: 32 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 30 pts
Endothermic Array: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Cryogneic Beam: Line Area Cold Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Line Area [30 ft line], Linked [Affliction]), Line Area Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Line Area [30 ft line], Linked [Damage], Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 30 pts
Icicle Shot: Ranged Multiattack Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Accurate 2); 1 pt Ice Wall: Create 12 (Ice Objects; Extra: Reversible); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Armored Parka: Protection 2, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +7 [Ice Wall Create +12]
Icicle Blast +11 [Icicle Blast +5, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Endothermic Blast Damage/Affliction+6/+9, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Mei believes the world is worth fighting for.
Responsibility: To continuing her team's research and to Overwatch.
Underestimated: Mei doesn't look like she should belong in world with kill-o-bots and terrorists but underestimating her is a huge mistake.

Abilities 44 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 32 + Defenses 17 = 142 / 142

Build Comments: New Overwatch 2 cinematic has got me in the mood to get more Overwatch stuff up. So here's Mei. Easy, Jab... ;)

Ah, Mei, one of the most beloved and hated characters in Overwatch, from what I can gather. I think she’s great, her cinematic was touching and showcased her ingenuity and perseverance. But it seems like a lot of players hate her in game abilities as good Mei mains can wreck shop in a hurry.

But dear Odin in Asgard, is she cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! 8-)

Snowball is below.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Mei is a scientist who has taken the fight to preserve the environment into her own hands.

Though many blamed the planet's escalating, unexplained climate phenomena on the advent of new technologies, the rapidly growing omnic population, and drastically increased consumption of resources, the true cause remained unknown. To find a solution, Overwatch established a series of eco-Watchpoints at remote, critical locations worldwide.

Mei-Ling Zhou was a member of this multiyear initiative. A peerless climatologist, she had introduced cutting-edge innovations in the field of climate manipulation that protected at-risk areas in Asia and beyond. She was assigned to the program's monitoring station at Watchpoint: Antarctica when disaster struck: a sudden, catastrophic polar storm battered the installation and cut it off from the outside world, leaving the facility damaged and the scientists stranded. As their supplies dwindled, they entered cryostasis in a last-ditch effort to survive until a rescue attempt could be made.

But that rescue never came. It was years later when the team's cryogenics chamber was finally discovered. Mei, still in hibernation, was the only survivor. The world Mei awoke to had gone through considerable changes: Overwatch was no more, the serious climate issues had worsened, and none of the eco-Watchpoints were in operation. Any clues that they had uncovered were lost.

Mei has decided to continue her work on her own. Equipped with a portable version of her climate-manipulation technology, she travels around the world, hoping to re-establish the eco-network and track down the causes of the threats to the planet's ecosystem.
SNOWBALL
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: -; HP: 1
Height: 1-6
Weight: 20
Eyes: Blue
Hair: None
Skin: Silver
Race: Robot
Base of Operations: Overwatch Base

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (-3), Deception (--), Insight (+1), Intimidation (--), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (--), Stealth (+4/+12)

ADVANTAGES: Interpose, Teamwork

POWERS:
Snowball Size: Shrinking 8 (-2 Str, +4 Dodge/Parry, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, Speed -2 [1/2 mph/6 fpr], -2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Robot Shell: Protection 4, Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 34 pts
Interface: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
Hoverjets: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 ft pr); 4 pts
Blizzard: Burst Area Cold Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Affliction], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]), Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Limited to two Degrees, Unreliable [5 uses]); 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed -3]
Ranged Attack +0
Special Attack [Blizzard Damage/Affliction +6/+10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Snowball and Mei are inseparable.

Abilities -12 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 75 + Defenses 8 = 76 / 76
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

37 - Old Man Logan (Wolverine)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last new item as we add another new item to Earth-2112!

I'm just here to kill you people. - Old Man Logan

OLD MAN LOGAN
PL: 12 (218 pts) - OPL: 12; DPL: 11; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 9, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 7 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Military] 5 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+13) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 11 (+13) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 11 (+20), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+9), Stealth 9 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (5), Diehard, Combat Clarity* (1), Favored Foe (Sabretooth), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (3) (Japanese, German, French, Lakota, Hindi, 5 others, Base: English), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Second Chance (Will checks against Mind Control effects), Skill Mastery (1) (Intimidation), Startle, Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (Will)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Feature 1 (Longevity), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 8 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 9 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 9 pts
Adamantium Laced Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 9, Split); 15 pts
Adamantium Skeleton: Enhanced Strength 1, Protection 2, Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Immunity 20 (Bludgeoning Damage, Flaw: Limited [Half Effect]); 15 pts
Berserker Rage: Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Will 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Second Chance [Will checks against Mind Control effects], Ultimate Effort [Will Check]), Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Mind Reading), Buzzsaw Strike 9 (Extra: Multiattack on Claw Strike); (Flaws: Limited [only when Raging], Side Effect [Cannot use Awareness based skills, Must make DC20 Will Check each round to stop fighting until incapacitated or exhausted]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +5; Claws +9, Critical 18-20; Raging Claws +9, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +5
Firearms +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 (+12 with Raging) [DC20/22]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +9 (Ultimate Effort when Raging)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sabretooth, Daken, Cyber, Romulus and others.
Honor: Logan generally lives by the samurai code, especially when in Japan. But he's willing to break it from time to time…
Prejudice: Mutant.
Reputation: He's the best he is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.
Relationships: Jubilee, X-23, Jean Grey, the X-students, memories of his deceased loves.
Rivalry: He and Cyclops have a long running rivalry for the affections of Jean Grey. And he has a thing about taking down Hulks, too.
Temper: He does have just a WEE bit of a temper…
Vulnerable: Because of his Adamantium skeleton he very vulnerable to Magnetic attacks.
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to the Muramasa blade and items made from it that cancel out his healing factor and can kill him. Vibranium can also slow his healing factor as well.

Abilities 80 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 54 + Defenses 10 = 205 / 205

Build Comments: I still haven’t read the original Old Man Logan, but I have been reading the Secret Wars version, and it’s enjoyable. And plus, Old Man Logan made into the main Marvel U now AND the new Logan movie seems to have a lot of Old Man Logan in it, so I figured I would whip up a take. My Old Man Logan is pretty much the same as main Logan, but his Healing factor is way down from what it was and he’s a little slower, but wiser.

He’s part of Earth-2112 with my other futuristic builds, so I will have to tweak his backstory (or future story, I guess) later when I get the muse.

And I still miss Michael Turner... :(

Secret Origins: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Story so Far: WORK IN PROGRESS

Characterization: WORK IN PROGRESS

Friends and Foes: WORK IN PROGRESS
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT - Faith, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Pink Pearl

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote:Your Lotus build has Javelynn's commentary, btw. I'd send you a PM about it, but you always wait like nine months to reply :p.
Oops. And oops on the PM. I just never think to check it here or at the old board. Considering I am fanatical about checking my e-mail at home and at work, you'd think that wouldn't be the case. :?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Your Lotus build has Javelynn's commentary, btw. I'd send you a PM about it, but you always wait like nine months to reply :p.
Oops. And oops on the PM. I just never think to check it here or at the old board. Considering I am fanatical about checking my e-mail at home and at work, you'd think that wouldn't be the case. :?
Haha, I didn't even bother sending a PM this time. It's just that I usually send them over non-important stuff, and you're like "Ooops, I never check my PMs" because I get replies months later, long after I've forgotten my original message :).
Thorpocalypse

Mercy: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for Aisle 9 as we continue to add to our Overwatch line!

Let's get you back in the fight! - Mercy

MERCY
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 7; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 125
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Base of Operations: Overwatch Base

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+3), Deception (+3), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+11), Treatment 11 (+16) [Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Flying), Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (4), Skill Mastery (1) (Treatment), Teamwork

POWERS:
Self Healing: Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 3 pts
Valkyrie Bodysuit: 10 pts Traits, Flaws: Removable; 7 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Angel Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr; Flaws: Winged); 7 pts

Caduceus Blaster: 10 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 6 pts
Energy Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 10 pts
Caduceus Staff: 24 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 14 pts
Staff Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Reach [5 ft]); 2 pts
Support Array: 20 pt Array; 22 pts
Healing Tether: Ranged Healing 10; 20 pts
Let's Get You Back in the Fight: Ranged Healing 10 (Extra: Resurrection, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Boost Your Allies: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Inspire 3), Luck Control 2 (You can spend a hero point or use Luck on another character’s behalf, with the normal benefits; You can bestow your hero point or use of Luck on others); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Medical Kit: Feature 1 (+2 Treatment checks); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +0; Staff +1]
Ranged Attack +9 [Caduceus Blaster +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Mercy is a pacifist but feels it's important to be involved, from a healing standpoint, in the constant battles Overwatch is involved in.
Motivation: Mercy feels it her duty to heal.
Responsibility: To Overwatch.

Abilities 56 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 30 + Defenses 14 = 131 / 131

Build Comments: Mercy is the protoype support healer in Overwatch.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: A guardian angel to those who come under her care, Dr. Angela Ziegler is a peerless healer, a brilliant scientist, and a staunch advocate for peace.

Ziegler rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries. It was this expertise that attracted the attention of Overwatch.

Because her parents had been taken by war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization's militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch's head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.

Despite her contributions to Overwatch, she was often at odds with her superiors and the organization's overarching aims. When Overwatch dissolved, Ziegler dedicated herself to helping those affected by war.

Though she spends most of her time caring for the broken and dispossessed in crisis areas around the world, Dr. Ziegler can be counted on to don her Valkyrie suit whenever innocents are imperiled.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:13 am, edited 12 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Omnic Nullifier: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for a new addition to our MINIONS R US line with these new items!

ROBOTS (OMNIC NULLIFIER)
PL4

OPL: 4; SPL: -; DPL: 3; FWPL: 0; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+3), Stealth (+0), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: NONE

POWERS:
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 5; 35 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 5; 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +3 [Blaster +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Null Sector.
Vulnerable: To magnetic effects.

Abilities -10 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 45 + Defenses 2 = 41 / 41

Build Comments: One time of mook I realized I hadn’t built nearly enough of are kill-o-bots. Since the Overwatch 2 trailer rocked and set up their militant Omnic group, Null Factor, as the main baddies of the upcoming game (or so it appears) I figured now was the time.

Even though these are based on the mooks of the Overwatch 2 demo, they can be used for any generic kill-o-bots. Same with a lot of the upcoming robot builds.
ROBOTS (OMNIC NULLIFIER ELITE)
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 4; FWPL: 0; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+4), Stealth (+0), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: NONE

POWERS:
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 6; 36 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 6; 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +4 [Blaster +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Null Sector.
Vulnerable: To magnetic effects.

Abilities -8 + Skills 5 (9 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 48 + Defenses 3 = 48 / 48

Build Comments: Slightly tougher Nullifier. We’ll just say you’ve upped the difficulty to Expert. ;)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:18 am, edited 12 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Archangel: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're back to our X-Verse line with this OG X-Man!

Savior... killer... harbinger of hope or destruction. I am unsure who-- or what-- I am. But I'd like to find out. - Archangel

ARCHANGEL
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 5; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 150
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Blue
Race: Mutant (possibly Cherafyim)
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Westchester County, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10/+16), Athletics 2 (+6/+10), Deception (+5), Expertise [Business] 6 (+8), Insight (+4), Intimidation 5 (+10) [Startle], Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 2 (+7), Stealth (+6), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (2), Startle, Teamwork

POWERS:
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 5 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Advantages 10 (Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown 2; Flaw: Limited to when flying); 12 pts
Archangel Physiology: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Immunity 1 (High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds), Protection 1; 8 pts
Techno-Organic Wings: 19 pts
Winged Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 mph/2 mpr; Flaw: Winged); 9 pts
Wing Weapons: 9 pt Array; 10 pts
Wing Wind: Cone Area Affliction 9 (Air; Resisted and Overcome by Strength/Agility; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Limted to two degrees); 9 pts
Wing Slash: Slashing Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft], Split); 1 pt

Razor Feathers: 26 pt Array; 27 pts
Razor Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 5); 26 pts
Neurotoxic Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Accurate 5); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6 (+10 when Flying)
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Wing Slash +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Razor Feathers +13 [Razor Feather Blast +7, Multiattack; Neurotoxic Feather Affliction +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Wing Wind Affliction +9, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+14 when Flying) [DC19/24] Parry +9 (+13 when Flying) [DC19/23]
Toughness +7 (+8 when Flying, +7 without Defensive Roll when flying), Fortitude +8, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Cameron Hodge, Apocalypse.
Motivation: Protecting his mutant brothers, especially new mutants.
Power Loss: If his wings are removed, he loses his flying abilities as well as his Regeneration and Healing powers.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He is close to his "First Class" teammates and he is usually involved with some woman.
Responsibility: He is very involved with, and responsible for his father's company, Worthington Enterprises as well as remaining dedicated to Xavier's Dream.
Temper: In his Archangel form, Warren has a quick temper and must fight against a bloodthirsty nature encoded in him by Apocalypse.

Abilities 78 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 66 + Defenses 10 = 182 / 182

Build Comments: Angel has gone through a lot over the years to make him relevant, even though in my mind, he really didn’t need a lot. Despite the general one-note nature of his powers, his look and experience always made him a favorite of mine. However, his latest incarnation where he’s been reborn and is a goofy amnesiac who thinks he really is an angel might be my favorite. Although I’m not sold on his new energy powers, so I left them off.

But I loved the Archangel, too, so for my setting, he can still shift back in forth, but he has to either burn an HP or get stressed/hurt to turn into his Archangel form. I also gave him a sword. I know it was overkill in main continuity with Kurt’s swashbuckling, but he’s an Archangel; Archangels should have swords…

Secret Origins: Warren Worthington III was born in Centerport, New York, to Kathryn Worthington and Warren Worthington Jr. He attends Phillips Exeter Academy in his adolescence when white feathered wings begin to grow from his shoulder blades. At first, Warren feels he is a freak, but he soon learns that he can use his wings to fly and to help people. When there is a fire in his dormitory, he borrows some props from the school's drama department, dresses up as a heavenly angel, and rescues his friends. He soon learns that he is in fact a mutant. He dons a mask and costume, calls himself the Avenging Angel, and becomes a solo adventurer before being recruited by Professor Charles Xavier into joining the X-Men.

The Story so Far: Later, Angel publicly revealed himself as a mutant after discovering that not only has his uncle, Burt Worthington, murdered Warren's father, Warren Worthington, Jr., but also poisoned his mother in order to ensure his inheritance of the Worthington fortune.

When the original X-Men were captured by the mutant island Krakoa, Professor X creates a new team of X-Men to rescue them. When this new team of X-Men decided to stay, Angel and the rest of the original team, with the exception of Cyclops, leave the team. He and Iceman go to Los Angeles, where they found the Champions with Hercules, the Black Widow, and the original Ghost Rider. Following the apparent death of Jean Grey and Cyclops' subsequent exile from the team, Warren rejoined the X-Men to help pick up the slack. During this time, Angel unsuccessfully pursued pop star Alison Blaire, the mutant also known as Dazzler. He grew increasingly disturbed by the behavior and actions of Wolverine, and before long, quit the team in protest.

Shortly thereafter, Angel joined the Defenders, with his fellow former X-Men Beast and Iceman and girlfriend Candy Southern as members. Using Angel's Colorado penthouse as their base, the group has several adventures before most of the group are killed freeing fellow New Defender Moondragon from being possessed by a malevolent spirit

Angel pondered retirement following the collapse of the Defenders team, but the return of Jean Grey once again keeps him from stepping away from the limelight. Jean Grey is furious at the increase in anti-mutant hysteria in the two years she has been away, let alone the X-Men's decision to align themselves with the villain Magneto. To appease Jean's desire for action, Warren organizes X-Factor. He recruits his old prep school friend Cameron Hodge to run the team, unaware that Cameron hates mutants and, in particular, Warren.

X-Factor's formation signaled a brutal period of upheaval in Warren's life. Cameron Hodge used Warren's trust in running X-Factor to further fuel anti-mutant sentiment by portraying X-Factor as "Mutant Hunters" for hire. A run-in with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants results in the group's leader, Mystique, exposing the fact that Warren is financially backing X-Factor, which creates a public relations nightmare for Warren, due to his outed status as a mutant. Worse yet, Warren's wings are mutilated during the Mutant Massacre by the Marauder Harpoon, although Thor's intervention saves his life. When the wings develop gangrene, Cameron Hodge willfully signs the paperwork, against Angel's wishes, to have Warren's crippled wings amputated. Despondent over the loss of his wings, Warren escaped the hospital and commandeered his private jet, which explodes in the air as the rest of X-Factor watch helplessly from below. It is ultimately revealed that Hodge has sabotaged Warren's ultra-light airplane in order to finish off his nemesis, under the cover of an apparent suicide.

Seconds before the explosion, Warren was spirited away by the ancient mutant Apocalypse. Apocalypse offered the despondent Angel a deal: serve him as his Horseman Death and get his wings back. Apocalypse subjects Angel to extensive genetic alterations, giving him blue skin and organic metal wings, which can cut through almost anything and fire his metal feathers as projectiles. He also gives him the title of Death, the leader of his Horsemen after he beats the others in a fight, complete with extensive mental conditioning to make him obey Apocalypse's dark plans. Death is unveiled to X-Factor during their second meeting with the Horsemen, with Warren sadistically exploiting his friends' shock at seeing him alive to defeat them in combat. As he leads the Horsemen of Apocalypse to attack Manhattan, it is Iceman who helps Warren break free of Apocalypse's control by making Warren think he has murdered him using a humanoid ice block which Warren shatters in battle.

Free, Warren refuses to rejoin his teammates, as the effects of his metamorphosis have left Angel changed to the core. No longer is he the handsome playboy billionaire, but an emotionally damaged individual whose wings reflect his newfound bloodlust. The bloodlust is ultimately fueled when he tries to seek out Candy Southern, only to find out that she has gone missing. Warren learned that Candy has discovered all of Hodge's secrets only to be abducted and lobotomized to keep her silent. In the confrontation that followed, Hodge murdered the brain-dead Candy in front of Warren. Warren responded by decapitating Cameron Hodge (who ultimately survives due to a deal with demons, granting him immortality). Warren (going by both "Death" and "Dark Angel" at this point in time) ultimately settles on "Archangel" as his new codename as he finally rejoins X-Factor during the events of Inferno.

After the Inferno, Warren being alive is made public knowledge, allowing him to regain control over the surviving business holdings held by his family, regaining his wealth as a result. Soon afterwards, X-Factor rejoined the X-Men following the defeat of the Shadow King on Muir Island.

After rejoining the X-Men, Archangel's brooding behavior lessens, after Jean reveals to Warren that his wings have actually been operating off Warren's own subconscious desires for violence. This, combined with Warren's accidental decapitation of Mutant Liberation Front member Kamikaze, leads Warren to try to reject the dark cloud that has hung over his head ever since gaining his new wings. He begins dating fellow X-Men member Psylocke and in an attempt to put his dark days behind him, Warren retires his "Death" uniform in favor of the blue/white costume Magneto made for him.

After Psylocke is eviscerated by X-Men prisoner Sabretooth during an escape attempt, Warren and the X-Men track him down and capture him, but not before he is able to badly damage Warren's metal wings. Over time, the damage to his wings spreads. Eventually, the metal wings shatter completely, revealing that his feathered wings have been growing back within them and have broken them apart from the inside. This follows a visit from Ozymandias, who tells him that he is indeed one of Apocalypse's chosen ones. Reclaiming his original Angel powers, Warren still retains his blue skin color.

When Rogue leaves the X-Men to join Storm's splinter group (X-Treme X-Men), Angel is promoted to head of the X-Men's field team. Angel also becomes entangled in a love triangle with rookie X-Men member Paige Guthrie and the mutant prostitute Stacy X. Furthermore, during a battle with Black Tom Cassidy, Angel's regression to his pre-"Death" state is complete when he reverts to his normal Caucasian skin color when Cassidy (turned into a plant-type vampire) attempts to drain Angel's life force from him. His healing powers manifest themselves in the form of the revelation that Angel's blood has miracle healing properties.

After stepping away from the X-Men for a bit, Angel joins with fellow former Champions member Hercules, Namora, and Amadeus Cho in order to calm down the rampaging Hulk during the World War Hulk event. Afterward, Angel discovers that Amadeus Cho has hacked into Warren's bank accounts and stolen several million dollars from him, to help him further aid the Hulk.

Angel is part of the team that investigates the new mutant birth in Alaska and is present with the X-teams for the final battle over the fate of the baby. He also helped resettle the X-Men in San Francisco. Later, he was brutally attacked by a mind-controlled Wolfsbane. During the attack, Wolfsbane savagely rips Warren's wings from his back and runs away, taking the wings with her. It is revealed by Elixir that Warren's wings are still techno-organic constructs that he is unable to heal. Wolfsbane later delivers them to the Purifiers, who are seeking the Apocalypse Strain, the techno-organics, which comprise Warren's wings. The Purifiers use the Apocalypse Strain to modify an army of Purifier agents, giving them the same metallic wings that Archangel once had. Meanwhile, although Elixir is able to heal all of Warren's injuries, he cannot regrow his wings due to interference from the Apocalypse Strain. Later in the story, Warren is gripped by a series of excruciating seizures that not only mysteriously regenerate his techno-organic wings, but also transform him back into Apocalypse's version of Death/Archangel, complete with blue skin and a techno-organic version of his uniform.

X-Force attacks Archangel, who eventually asks for relief from the pain of losing his wings and transforming into Archangel. Archangel escapes to take revenge on the Purifiers, and at their headquarters he slaughters most of them in a blood-maddened rage. Once the battle is over, he reverts to his normal Caucasian, feather-winged appearance. He comments to Logan that he can still feel the metal wings inside him, and that they want to come out again. According to Elixir, Warren's transformation is permanent, implying that he is fully capable of transforming back into Archangel again at any time.

From then on, Angel takes dual membership with both the X-Men and X-Force, though Cyclops forbids Angel from telling the rest of the team about the return of his Archangel powers. While recruiting a scientist for Beast's "Science Squad", the X-Club, Angel is forced to transform into Archangel in order to destroy a giant rampaging monster. Beast reacts in anger that Angel has not told him that his "Death" powers have returned, creating tension between the two friends. Angel knows telling Beast would expose the latest incarnation of X-Force and effectively end Cyclops' latest tenure as leader if the truth about his personal black ops squad became public knowledge.

In the Dark Angel Saga, the Archangel persona of Warren has finally taken over and he plans to be the heir to Apocalypse, bringing Ozymandias, Dark Beast, the Final Horsemen, Autumn Rolfson, and her son Genocide as his army to destroy humanity. At the conclusion of the story arc Betsy stabs Archangel in the chest with the Life Seed, seemingly killing him. In the aftermath of the explosion of Apocalypse's citadel, Warren is seen by the members of X-Force walking in the snow. Psylocke, shocked that he is alive and apparently free of Apocalypse, runs up and embraces him. This Warren then reveals he had no idea who Psylocke is and appears to have amnesia. Warren has his normal white skin but seems to have metallic wings.

Characterization: Warren was initially a bit of a spoiled playboy when he first became a hero but over time he has matured to become one of the emotional leaders of the X-teams. Currently, though, he is struggling with coming to grips in all the changes in his life, but is rededicated to helping his mutant brethren.

Friends and Foes: Warren is close to his First Class teammates, particularly Iceman and Jean Grey.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:21 am, edited 14 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Logan, Old Man Logan, Logan PC, Wolverine (X-23)

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice work on Laura. "Young Girl Wolverine Clone" is one of those ideas that should have never worked, so it's a bit absurd that I've found most of the work done on her quite excellent- the X-23 book was great fun when it was around. The only thing I didn't quite like was the snarky, smirking modern-day Laura, though apparently that transition was fairly organic, and happened in a book I wasn't reading. I'd just assumed Bendis or somebody had rapidly changed it because they like writing a different kind of character :).
Thorpocalypse

Magenta: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a new addition to our Villains' Line with this new item for Aisle 1!

Don't just stand there with your mouth open, Flash. Aren't you going to say hi to Magenta? - Magenta

MAGENTA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 0; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 125
Hair: Magenta
Skin: Fair
Race: Mutant
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Keystone City, KS, USA
Team Affiliations: The Rogues

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magnetic Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Move-by Action

POWERS:
Minor Ferrokinesis: Feature 1 (You can generate a strong enough magnetic field to move small (mass rank –5 or less) ferrous objects within about an arm’s reach); 1 pt
Minor Magnetism: Feature 1 (You can magnetize a small [handsized] ferrous object of mass rank –5 or less by holding it and taking a standard action to do so. The object remains magnetized until degaussed); 1 pt
Magnetic Sense: Senses 2 (Detect Magnetic Fields [Mental, Radius]); 2 pts
Magnetic Flight: 8 (500 mph/1 mpr; Extra: Subtle); 17 pts
Magnetic Shield: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 17 pts
Magnetic Control: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Magnetic Binding: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 12 (Magnetic; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Requires metallic objects); 24 pts
Magnetic Blast: Ranged Magnetic Force Damage 12; 1 pt
Ferrokinesis: Ranged Move Object 12 (Flaw: Limited to Ferrous Metals); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Magnetic Control +8 [Magnetic Blast +12; Magnetic Control Move Object +12; Magnetic Snare Affliction +12]
Special Attack [Special Attack +0, Burst Area; Special Attack +0, Burst Area; Special Attack +0, Cone Area]

DEFENSES: Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +7 [DC17]; Toughness +3 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: The onset of her powers and inability to deal with them properly has caused her severe mood and personality swings.
Relationships: Wally West.

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 64 + Defenses 14 = 133 / 133

Build Comments: Magenta was a Teen Titan member and villain back in the day. I love magnetic controllers so I figured I’d whip her up as an antagonist for my mid-level heroes.

Secret Origins: Frances Kane met Wally West when he was seven. They grew up friends, but when she reached adulthood, she started to exhibit strange magnetic powers. Wally tried teaching her how to use them properly, and they fell in love. As for her powers, she never really wanted them, wanting just to lead a normal life. While she turned down an offer to actually join the team, she acted as an ally for the Teen Titans as the super-heroine Magenta during instances when they really needed her assistance.

The Story so Far: She and Wally West were seeing each other for awhile, shortly after Wally had taken up the mantle of the Flash. She helped him battle Vandal Savage. After he won the lottery, he bought a mansion in Middle Hampton, Long Island, and asked her to live with him. However, things were moving too fast for her, and she moved out.

Her heroic efforts masked her growing mental illness. Though Frances was often called "bipolar" (as a darkly humorous pun on her magnetic powers), her illness more closely resembled multiple personality disorder; all the stress and resentment emerged into a vindictive and aggressive new identity, while her "regular" personality became unusually weak-willed and mousy. It is notable that this split personality problem has also cropped up in Doctor Polaris, though his mental illness apparently predated his super-villain career.

The "new" Magenta forced a confrontation with Wally West (now the third Flash) which quickly devolved into a brawl, and when police intervened, she used her powers to rip the fillings from their teeth. Flash was horrified by Frances' nearly homicidal tendencies
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Blastaar: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

New item for Aisle 2 and this one's gonna be a BLAST!

King Blastaar, if you please. Welcome to the Negative Zone. - Blastaar

BLASTAAR
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 520
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Grey
Skin: Grey
Race: Baluurian
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: The Negative Zone
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+16), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise [Negative Zone] 8 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation 9 (+14), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+11), Stealth (+3), Technology 7 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (6) (Status, Wealth, Resources 6 – Ruler of Planet Baluur in the Negative Zone), Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Diehard, Favored Foe (Annihilus), Great Endurance, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Baluurian Physique: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 11, Immunity 10 (Life Support, Flaw: Sustained), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 24 pts
Living Bomb Burst: 36 pt Array; 38 pts
Bomb Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 36 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15; 1 pt
Burst Flight: Flight 12 (8000 mph/16 mpr), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1 [Other Planets in Solar System]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +7
Blast +11 [Blasts +15]
Special Attack [Bomb Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four.
Motivation: Ruling the Negative Zone and beyond.
Rivalry: Annihilus.

Abilities 102 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 62 + Defenses 9 = 218 / 218

Build Comments: A recurring FF foe, Blastaar. He got some decent run in War of Kings and Annihilation so I made him pretty formidable, although the FF usually hands him his butt pretty quickly. Still, he is Annihilus' only real rival for ruling the Negative Zone, so PL13 felt about right for him.

Secret Origins: Blastaar once ruled the planet Baluur in the Negative Zone. The inhabitants revolted and set him adrift in space, there he came across Mister Fantastic, who was returning to Earth with the Inhuman Triton, and he followed them through a portal. He teamed up with some other villains, but the Fantastic Four and Crystal managed to defeat them and send Blastaar back to his own dimension.

The Story so Far: He has tried to conquer Earth on other occasions, without success.
Blastaar became king of Baluur again and expanded his territory significantly. When his empire made contact with Annihilus', they became rivals and have been so for years.

Blastaar aided the Spaceknights and Nova in his attempt to assassinate Annihilus during the Annihilation conflict. After Annihilus’ defeat, Blastaar became king of the Negative Zone, however with Annihilus’ rebirth, his rule has been challenged once again and he remains at war with his old foe.

Characterization: Blastaar is very single-minded in his quest for power and while he has certainly had his share of run-ins with Earth’s, and the galaxy’s heroes, he has aided them when it’s suited his purposes.

Friends and Foes: His greatest rivalry is with Annihilus, but he has no love lost for the Fantastic Four and The Green Lantern Corps, who have opposed him many times in quest for power in the positive matter universe.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Logan, Old Man Logan, Logan PC, Wolverine (X-23), Sabretooth

Post by Jabroniville »

I miss the days of the early 1990s, where Sabretooth was almost always depicted as Logan's absolute superior in combat, and was thought to be Wolverine's father. I feel like the Wolvieverse lost a step or two once Creed was devalued into being Wolverine's own "Abomination"- a recurring jobber who consistently loses.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Question about X-23... is that bit about being raised as a weapon part of the character or a mod for the Thorp-verse?

I haven`t actually read much with X-23 in it, and it strikes me as a very interesting parallel to Cassandra Cain (as she was initially introduced).
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Bladewind wrote:Question about X-23... is that bit about being raised as a weapon part of the character or a mod for the Thorp-verse?

I haven`t actually read much with X-23 in it, and it strikes me as a very interesting parallel to Cassandra Cain (as she was initially introduced).
That's part of her actual history. I'm glad someone else mentioned the parallel with Cassandra Cain! I always figured in a Marvel/DC crossover, those two would get along fairly well and make an interesting partnership.
Jabroniville wrote:I miss the days of the early 1990s, where Sabretooth was almost always depicted as Logan's absolute superior in combat, and was thought to be Wolverine's father. I feel like the Wolvieverse lost a step or two once Creed was devalued into being Wolverine's own "Abomination"- a recurring jobber who consistently loses.
That unfortunately seems to have happened to a lot of arch-nemesis in comics.
Formerly luketheduke86
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

L-Space wrote:
Bladewind wrote:Question about X-23... is that bit about being raised as a weapon part of the character or a mod for the Thorp-verse?

That's part of her actual history. I'm glad someone else mentioned the parallel with Cassandra Cain! I always figured in a Marvel/DC crossover, those two would get along fairly well and make an interesting partnership.
I think they have too much in common to be particularly interesting side-by-side. Variety is a necessary thing.
L-Space wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:I miss the days of the early 1990s, where Sabretooth was almost always depicted as Logan's absolute superior in combat, and was thought to be Wolverine's father. I feel like the Wolvieverse lost a step or two once Creed was devalued into being Wolverine's own "Abomination"- a recurring jobber who consistently loses.
That unfortunately seems to have happened to a lot of arch-nemesis in comics.
In comics, the arch-nemeses well known enough to matter are between characters who are all several decades old by now, and the hero almost always wins, because that's how superhero comics usually work. When sales slump, the comics companies always reach for proven storylines to boost numbers, and these usually involve arch-nemeses, and the hero having awesome showings against them, because the protagonist looking awesome is how you get easy sales. Repeat this often enough, and even guys like Sabretooth are deep in a credibility hole. It's difficult to avoid.