G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1
CND: Normal
PP:0

The initial friendliness of the small group eases some of Lloyd's concerns. Still, the down-to-Earth man is hard-pressed to remember any stranger three-day period in his life. They all got a letter too? They seem as perplexed as I am. And they all think something is wrong with them just like I feel.

"Ummm...yeah...I got this in my mailbox." Lloyd holds up a blank envelope similar to everyone else's. "So, everyone's got an 'odd occurrence' too? Like....how odd?...that is if you don't mind me asking." There's a slight pause as Lloyd sheepishly adds, "Would it be as odd as...say...totaling a large pickup truck with your bare hands?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 2
LP: 1
CND: Impaired
<=>

It takes him a moment longer then normal to make the connection in his mind, which translates to about half a second. "Super strength. Now isn't that a classic. I've had only eight hours of sleep over the last three days because I've been spending all my free time reading. I've become an expert in six fields of science and currently know twenty eight languages."

Pressing three fingers against his temple, he tries his best to keep talking without wincing in pain. "In short... My mental capabilities have increased to a frankly ridiculous level. There's also the fact that my headaches seem to be contagious. Still figuing that one out."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy leaned forward a bit so she could talk quieter.

"Well, as I was explaining to Kara and Jackson, I've had a few incidents. At first it was minor things like tricks of my eyesight. Seeing better in dim lighting, beeing able to see at night outside, and seeing distant objects as if they were closer. I'm a photographer so I thought it was just my imagination at first, maybe an undiagnosed brain injury. Then I woke up at night to a bright light in the room. I nearly had a heart attack when I realized it was coming from my own body. It took awhile before I calmed down enough to make it go away. Then just today I was out in the forest walking around. I was climbing a tree for a better view and slipped. I remember falling, thinking about how much it would hurt, hoping I wouldn't break my leg or ankle and be unable to get out. Next thing I know, I realize I never hit the ground. I was floating, hovering, inches from the ground. I freaked out and lost control. I leaned against the tree for hours crying and panicking. After I got back to the hotel, I found the letter. Kara texted me to go for drinks. That's why we're here."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I guess it's my turn," Kara says. "Yeah, I can sense electricity and while I only speak one human language, I think I can speak with machines. I'm still figuring that out though." She looks around and puts her purse on the table to shield her hands from view of the rest of the bar. Then there's this." Tiny sparks dart from fingertip to fingertip. "It just started happening here at the bar."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
CND: Impaired
<=>

Jack waves his hands, the information he's gathered surrounding them to his eyes as he forms a more solid profile of their powersets. "And there you have it. Electokinesses, Photo-Telekinesis, Super-strength, super-intelligence, and whatever else we might have. We're not normal humans any longer. Something happened to us in that park, and I think if we want to have any closure as to just what it was, we need to work together and find out."
------------
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:2

Lloyd's facial expression conveys anxiety. So many thoughts run through his head. It's not just the strangeness of his newfound predicament, but the thought of how this could change his life. He sits silently while the others talk. As he listens, his eyes look down to the table's surface. He feels the 'butterflies in his stomach', like he used to feel before a high school athletic competition.

Am I dreaming? Unfortunately, I don't think I am.

"So, what's are next move?" He asks in a low, baritone voice.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

His headache finally dies down as he rubs his chin in thought, feeling the roughness of his unshaven face. He'd been so caught up in all this that he's yet to even sit down in front of a mirror long enough to do it. Not that it really mattered by this point anyway.

"I've been watching the intern since the day we for released, absorbing every piece of information out there about it. Everything I've seen leads to one conclusion. Nobody knows anything. No one. Not even our names have been rleased to the public, though not for lack of trying. There are even bounties on our heads just to figure out who the hell we are. Which makes it all the more curious that somebody does know who we are, how to find us. It might be a trap, but it's honestly the only lead we have right now."

OOC: Reminder that Epic gave us all a HP.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The psychic tremor (for lack of better description) does ripple through the bar and while it does get everyone nervously looking around, thinking it might be another event like at the lake, there is a collective sigh of relief when it passes with little more. Otherwise, the bar patrons seem to engrossed in discussing the tremor to notice the four in the booth, while some leave, probably figuring they've had enough, alcohol or weirdness, take your pick.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: we're at a booth.)

"Well, that was odd. But I don't think we can do anything about it. These letter are more concrete. What can we do about them?" Kara asks.
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

"I think we need to go to this donut shop together. By that I mean meet somewhere apart from the shop and then travel there as one group. We need to watch each other's backs." Lloyd takes out his phone, types in the password, and looks to each person at the table.

"Mind if I get all your names and numbers?"
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

As Lindy talked with the others, she felt..something. It wasn't a physical sensation, more like a feeling or a sense of something not quite right. The sensation passed quickly and judging by the looks on other patron's faces, it affected everyone. It made her nervous. First the even or whatevrr it was at the lake, then a select few attendees surviving unharmed, then those few gaining superhuman abilities, and now this.

What the hell was goung on here? Canada is supposed to be safer than the U.S.

"Um, oh, sure." Lindy replied after realizing the man named Lloyd wanted her contact information.

She reached into her small purse, retrieved one of her business cards, and handed it to him. She smiled slightly at the thought of what her daughter would say about giving out her numbrr to strange men.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

OOC: The 'Psychic Tremor' was from Jackson, it should be obvious with how he was acting before and after it happened, along with his words.

The man nods, both to Lloyd for an exchange of contact information and his agreement to meeting up near the letter's mentioned location. His name and number are given readily, and for once in his life he doesn't need to look at his phone to read it aloud.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I tried to get everyone's number at the hospital," Kara complains as she exchanges info with everyone.

"Should we arrive all together? That might make it easier for them to round us up if that's the plan. Maybe arrive together but from two different directions? Also, we might need an exit strategy. Though since we know little about the place, that will be hard to plan for without going there."

"I know. I'm a bit paranoid. I use to be a beat reporter. The world isn't nice to the out-of-the-ordinary like us."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"As part of the paranoia, let's try to be aware in our travels tomorrow. If someone knows about us, they might be watching us. They knew how to get an envelope to us without actually mailing it. So they are somewhat aware of our movements. Be on the lookout for people following you."

Kara continued, "We should also plan to meet again without communicating the plan electronically. Electronics are the easiest way to keep track of people. Okay, that's all the paranoia I've got. If I were actually afraid, I'd say ditch the phone and get a burner. But I'm not there." She added a "Yet" to that in her mind.
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

Ok, so we’re in agreement then? We all go together? If you want, we could all meet here or at Carroway Park and then drive over. We all know where those locations are. I vote for just meeting here.
OOC: Assuming everyone agrees to meet at the bar first, Lloyd will say the following. If people opt for some other place, then I’ll retcon the post.
Lloyd stands up and places his phone back into his jean’s’ pocket. “It’s nice meeting you folks. I’ll see you here tomorrow at noon.” He offers a smile and walks out. Though calm and polite, he’s very anxious inside. The whole reality of what is happening seems unbelievable. Even though the evidence is before his eyes, his mind resists accepting it.

During his visit with his wife at the hospital, Lloyd still keeps everything secret. Maybe his new ability is just a fluke occurrence and will soon go away. Yes, that must be it. This is just a passing phase.

After leaving the hospital late that night, Lloyd goes home and crashes onto his king-size mattress. Exhausted from all the stress, he falls into a deep sleep. At some point he enters the realm of dreams. He’s standing in a river fly-fishing when one of his boys disobeys his instructions and wades too far out into the current. Swept away Lloyd frantically wades after him…but he can’t keep up. To his amazement he leaves the water and begins to fly above its surface. As he reaches down to grab his son, he wakes up.

Just a dream…what a weird dream.

He is disoriented at first, but then in the moonlight that shines though the bedroom window he can see. He is flowing just over his bed with a pillow grasped in his hands just like his son in the dream. At first he’s afraid that he’ll fall, but he doesn’t. He simply stretches out his hands towards the bed and “wills”’ himself back down. So much for passing phases…