The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

"No, I'll let you know what flight I'm on once I book it," Adeleth says. "I assume I can use the same expense account as you gave a few months for that. Can you send me anything you have on the crew I'll be working with? As unredacted as possible?"
(whatever the answer to that she continues with)
"Will I see you smiling face in Germany?"
(to speed things along, if he will be in Germany) "Good, then I'll see you there as soon as I can. Good day."
(Otherwise) "Okay, take care."

After she hangs up, she goes to the company travel website and books a flight to Berlin. There's a commuter flight in a few hours. She rushes to the shower to get ready for her trip. She figures she can fly back here some future weekend to pack up if she's going to move. A quick run through the kitchen to make sure nothing perishable is left behind. Soon she's at the airport. When she has to go through security, she makes a show of putting her phone and earrings on the conveyor belt. Then, as she is about to step through the metal detectors, wearing her anti-ballistic armor and a gun concealed under her arm, she goes insubstantial** and walks through, undetected. She picks up her phone and earrings and heads to her gate, to wait for the flight to take off.

Soon she's at the airport in Berlin. She's retrieved her luggage and is looking to see if there's a driver waiting for her.

** If necessary, she will stunt this. The important part here is her insub is subtle 2 so no knows she used a power to walk through security.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Of course not." Torque answers, "I can... accommodate you easily enough."

Torque already knew something about the person organizing this endeavor - he liked to be the one to call the shots, no matter how inconsequential the details might be. Something to remember later...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Adeleth

There is a driver waiting for her in an inconspicuous BMW, a young man in a suit and tie. " Hi. You're Miss Rein, right? I'm Michael. I'm supposed to take you directly to the ministry...if that's okay."

Torque

" Great. I'd like to to come to Berlin, to this address, to be exact." A moment later, Torque receives a message with the address. " Will you be able to make it within 24 hours?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"That would be wonderful, Michael," Adeleth says as she gets into the back seat of the vehicle, taking her one bag with her. "Do you work for the ministry?" she asks as they get underway.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Adeleth

" Yes...sort of...I'm actually more of an intern", Michael says. " It's difficult...Hagen...our boss...he grabbed every intern and person under 30 he could get his hands on once he got all of this greenlit."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm Lilly

" My...masters?" the woman actually giggles a little before regaining her composure. " Sorry...I forgot. The briefing said something about a 'hell planet' you are from? So, sorry, didn't want to make light of your past. I..I'm fairly new to this. My boss sent me because they had no one else at the moment. And...I'm babbling. Err...yes, the job. How would you like to work for the ministry? A government job where you could use your talents to help people and get paid?"
"'Hell planet' barely begins to describe the true horror of dread Apokalips," Lilly replies, for once her gaze locking on to that of the woman, her bright gold eyes looking intensely into hers for a moment before looking away again. "Hopefully your world will never find that out first hand. But if your masters wish my assistance in protecting the Earth from those who would make more like that place, I will help. But" – and she looks sharply at the woman as she say this – "what should I think of your master having no-one else to find me? Is your ministry very small? Also, can you tell me your name?"
Last edited by Tony Jones on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:31 pm Torque

" Great. I'd like to to come to Berlin, to this address, to be exact." A moment later, Torque receives a message with the address. " Will you be able to make it within 24 hours?"
More "demands." Interesting.

"Yes. I will require energy when I arrive. Have you been properly equipped or directed as to my fueling needs?"

It was a trick question of sorts. No, he didn't take gasoline to power his Energon Cells, but in a pinch he could modify/ transform his energon port's auxiliary feed to actually draw energy off the electrical grid. Standard Energon transfer was faster, but in a pinch...

Torque was already transformed into a bike suitable for a longer trek and engaging his GPS as he planned his route. A flicker of light and a holographic rider appeared, equally suited to his current alt-mode.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lilly

The more Lilly talks the more flustered the woman gets. " I'm...Andrea...Andrea Roloff. And yes...we are not a big ministry. Not yet anyway. This is all very new and very...haphazard at the moment."

Torque

" We do not have any energon here, if you are referring to that, but since that's rare on Earth anyway, I guess you can leech off of the electrical grid?" Hagen asks.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Emil Brackhaus

On the whole Emil considered the situation, been suddenly shifted early part a proximation 21st century, to be an improvement. Real food was affordable, corperations at least had to pretend to follow the law and more importantly his skills (at least implanted skills) were very much in demand. He'd got his old job back, worked it, got a promotion, was offered a job in the Ministerium für Übernatürliches which he noted didn't exist in his timeline. But seeing as developed an reputation and a expert in strangness, it seemed unavoidable.

Things were looking up, until the last case. He was investigating some new kind of magic/tech weapons that been used in a string of robberies and things had got out hand, there was a fire fight and by the time back up arrived he was the one left standing, with just more than a dozen people sent to the I.C.U or the morgue.

So the was an investigation, the recording's in cybereyes confirmed his story. Should of been the end of it. But no, some babyfaced little puke decided he needed therapy for the truma.

So he'd spent the last hour in a "safe place" talking about "feelings", to a psychologist using a 5 decade out of date behavior model. It would be funny if it wasn't so tedious. After what felt like an age, he was permitted to leave.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 pm The more Lilly talks the more flustered the woman gets. " I'm...Andrea...Andrea Roloff. And yes...we are not a big ministry. Not yet anyway. This is all very new and very...haphazard at the moment."
"Your world is very new to me too," replies Lilly with a brief smile. She takes pity on Andrea. "I will dispose of this money then I will come with you." She sidles off through the streets of Essen, into the less salubrious alleyways, where homeless people are huddled against the cold.

At each of them, Lilly takes a handful of the cash she collected and puts it either into the hand or the pocket (depending on how conscious they are) of the homeless people who seem to be in the worst way. "There you are Helga, Astrid, Willhelm, Werner," she tells them with a small smile. "I will see you here again, either alive or dead."

It does not take long before all of the money is gone, and she turns her golden eyes back to the woman. "Now, Andrea, where are we going?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

Well, he had his answers.

Torque's file indicated how and when his Spark was awoken. It suggested he was young and naive. The former was true, the latter not as much. With a few dropped questions and suggestions, he had learned a lot about this Hagen. The Cybertronian Courrier filed the information and made notes for a report he would file with his superiors.

Torque gave the equivalent of a curt nod and, unless Hagen protested with something useful, ended the call.

Concentrating on the open road, his chosen form and rider did little to attract attention. He was driving at a decent clip, but being wary of speed limits (such that there were in this part of the world... it was one of the reasons he had been eager to accept an assignment in Europe...) and other vehicles along the route.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth relaxes as the car takes somewhere she expects to be official looking.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Emil

Emil has barely left when he gets a call from Hagen, his direct superior - well, everyone's direct superior, given that the ministry is still so miniscule. " Emil, I need you in meeting room 3 in about 30 minutes. Can you make it?"

Lily

" To the ministry for Extranormal Affairs. My boss wants to talk to you", Andrea says, watching with astonishment as Lily distributes the money. " Do you keep...anything for yourself?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm "To the Ministry for Extranormal Affairs. My boss wants to talk to you," Andrea says, watching with astonishment as Lily distributes the money. "Do you keep...anything for yourself?"
"Very well," Lilly nods, then looks down at the last of the money as she hands it to a homeless woman with a small smile. "There you are, Hildegard. Do as you will. As for this, why would I need to? I believe I understand what your money is for, now, but they need it where I do not, and suffer much more on these streets than I. They get much more benefit from it than I."

"How shall we get to your Ministry?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lily

" Please...follow me", Andrea says, turning around and leading Lilly to a car. " I hope you are okay with flying ? We need to get to Berlin. And...uhm...do you have any...weapons?"