The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

"If your flyer is no worse than an Apokoliptican Aero-Carrier then all should be well," replies Lilly. "I have no weapons. Apart from myself."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lily

" Good. Just...follow my lead", Andrea says, steeling herself. Airport security is, as usual, a terribly complicated and time-intensive affair, even with Andrea's government credentials speeding things up and making sure that Lily can get onto the plane despite the new and improved "metal detectors" picking up on her alien nature.

Everyone

Eventually, by road, by air, on foot or by whatever means you travel, you end up at a somewhat nondescript office building in Berlin's governmental district, within earshot of the much larger building of the Ministry of Homeland and the Interior. Only a small plaque near the door reads, " Ministerium für Übernatürliches". There are two guards who, upon arrival, lead you into a room where you are being scanned for dangerous substances before issued a laniard and then ushered into the elevator.

After going up a few floors and then walking through a series of nondescript white corridors always with the same grey carpeted floor, you end up in a larger meeting room...where, at the moment the first (Emil) arrives there, a man in his early 30s with short blonde hair, a somewhat dishevelled-looking suit and tie and glasses is watching Blade on the beamer...and continues to do so until the rest arrives.
" Take a seat, take something to drink...", he simply says.
There are several glasses and some small bottles filled with juice, water or soda on the table.

//Okay...all the intro scenes happened at different points in time so you can all arrive within several minutes of each other. First Emil, then Amy, then Torque, then Adeleth and finally Lily.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 pm " Good. Just...follow my lead", Andrea says, steeling herself. Airport security is, as usual, a terribly complicated and time-intensive affair, even with Andrea's government credentials speeding things up and making sure that Lily can get onto the plane despite the new and improved "metal detectors" picking up on her alien nature.
The fact that she looks and smells like a homeless person, and is a bit nervous about the strangeness of the whole process (from her point of view) probably does not help her get through airport security any faster either...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Torque takes the lanyard in two oversized fingers and stares at the person who handed it him. His impassive robotic face easily conveys "what do you expect me to do with this?" If the lanyard fits over his head (or is sized for him by some miracle) it looks really odd. Probably no less odd than on Lilly...

He approaches the table, making sure that the floor that he is walking on is not creaking or straining under his weight. It is literally like having a motorcycle in the living room. Maybe the structure could support him, maybe not.

That same impassive stare is directed at Hagen as he looks at the table of food and beverages and lack of at least a power cord. He waits for the man to speak, and if he starts to talk business before addressing Torque's earlier request, the Cybertronian will walk over to the nearest outlet and move whatever furniture blocks his access to the plug. Once that's done, he draws a wire from an access panel on his chest, staring at it a brief moment to configure it to European outlets and plugs himself in.

He will completely ignore any attempts to communicate with him until he is plugged in and... leeching off the power grid.

Now, of course, if all of that was a misunderstanding, Torque will graciously accept whatever attempts are made to offer him a recharge with a polite thank you and deftly replace the furniture...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl walks in and settles down, until the big Transformer rumbles in and starts to move things around, obviously going for the outlet. She quickly helps him move the furniture away, figuring their prospective boss wouldn't like the office furniture damaged. Replacements meant dealing with paperwork after all.

"There ya go. Name's Amy big guy." she grinned.

Hopefully this time around, the group would be a little more respectable. She had caught heck from her parents when they learned who she was running with last time.

Also, not unusual for her really...
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

The car arrives at the usual nondescript government building. "Do you know where I'm headed in there?" Adeleth asks the driver. He leads the way to the appropriate office where Adeleth is given a lanyard. "I suppose this has to be on display at all times?" Adeleth muses. "It clashes with my dress. I need to update my wardrobe. Great."

She steps into the conference room where she sees two humans and large robot. It's going to be one of those ops. she thinks. "Hi, I'm Adeleth." She says as she sits down.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly finds the drive to the airport, the short flight to Berlin on a flyer much more comfortable than an Aero-Carrier, and the drive to the Ministry interesting. She has never experienced such journeys before, and spends quite a lot of time looking out of the windows. Though the upholstery will need cleaning once she leaves the vehicles! Upon arrival at the Ministry she continues to follow Andrea's lead and accepts the security precautions and lanyard they give her, which looks utterly out of place on her.

But despite any reassurances from Andrea, Lilly cannot help but skulk through the corridors of the Ministerium für Übernatürliches, moving behind her and using what cover there is (including other people) to be seen as little as possible. Which is more than might be expected under the circumstances...

She slips into the meeting room as unobtrusively as possible, though her appearance and odour cannot help but mark her out there.

She is barefoot, dressed in a ragged assortment of clothes that look like they were taken from a variety of garbage bins. Whatever colour they may have been originally, now they are a mottled dirt-grey. Underneath them is a short, thin, bald, dark-skinned woman of indeterminate age with sharp facial features. Her eyes - their irises a bright metallic golden colour - sweep across everyone in the room, though without making eye contact for more than a tiny fraction of a second before flicking away. Like her clothes, her skin is streaked with dirt, and there is dirt under her ragged nails.

She jumps onto a chair with a view of the meeting room window and crouches there, forearms resting on knees, unconcerned about the stains she is leaving on the furniture as she watches everyone else warily while taking a bottle of soda.

She begins to drink from it, not bothering with such niceties as a glass.

"Hello," she says, looking up at everyone again. Her quiet voice is a beautiful melodious contralto entirely at odds with the rest of her. To each of those listening she is speaking in their individual native tongue. "I am called Lilly Lullabye."
Last edited by Tony Jones on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl raised her eyebrow and the odd assortment of people, including herself. "Allo. Name's Amy." she said easily, hiding her own inner sense of pity. She didn't know Lilly's circumstances, or even if the lady's powers caused her... condition. It wouldn't be polite to ask in front of everyone. When she got the chance, Amy would take her out someplace and get her properly kitted out if the other girl wanted that.

"I will say this meeting is much more relaxed than the last time I was in a group. Getting 'jacked' by Predators, parachute dropped down on Venus, with the intention of them wanting to use your head as a trophy after they hunt you down and kill you is rather stressful, let me tell you." she said. "This is a much better way to meet in comparison." she chuckled.

"Less screaming and nightmares anyway."
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

Torque is taken aback by Lilly's words, his petulant attempts to test their host's true colors and the limits of his patience momentarily forgotten as he hears he speak in the Cybertronian tongue...

His head turned to Amy, the woman who had helped him move a desk a little more delicately than he would have otherwise.

"Sounds like a wonderful way to start a story. In media res, no?" His energy levels begin to slowly rise, and although his reserves were greater than he suggests - driving for a night hardly put a dent in them - he still wanted to make a point.

"I am called Torque." His optics subconsciously dart to the logo on the upper left side of his chest, blended with the red of his plating is the Autobot symbol. "'Autonomous robotic lifeform from the planet Cybertron' ... sounds better than jacked up former mo-ped at least..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl chuckled. "Like a wise man once said, it looks so easy on the other side of the screen." she pointed out. "Adventuring isn't easy and mercenary work is less so. Profitable, terrifying at times, but not easy." she said dryly. "Being a pokemon trainer and darksider magnet is even less easy. But what can you do?" she said easily. "Some folks just aren't cut out for the ordinary life."

The girl is fifteen if she's a day and looks younger due to being small for her age. Still, the way she carries herself and the look in her eyes betray her experiences, which does tend to make you grow up quick indeed.
"I am called Torque." His optics subconsciously dart to the logo on the upper left side of his chest, blended with the red of his plating is the Autobot symbol. "'Autonomous robotic lifeform from the planet Cybertron' ... sounds better than jacked up former mo-ped at least..."
"Hey, mo-ped's are fun and Transformers are cool." she patted him on the handle-bars. "I didn't start out life as a psychic or force-sensitive or whatever you want to call it either." she admitted. "I grew up in BF Nowhere Alaska."

ooc
Heh, it was a good adventure. ;) But from a survivor's point of view.... :twisted: :lol:

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So I take it, most of us have not worked together before?" Adeleth asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Ah no, I believe I haven't met you guys in my life." she leaned back in the chair she had claimed. "But it is nice meeting you guys."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly shakes her head. "No, this is my first interaction with the masters of this world, and with everyone here."

Then a thought seems to strike her. "Do you all hail from this world?" she asks, her golden eyes sweeping around the room again.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I'm an Earther who got powers and pokemon." she chuckled. "First time I noticed was when I could understand what animals were saying. Then pokemon." she summoned her creatures out, and they preened a little under the attention.

"This is Peekaboo," she nodded to the pikachu. "He's a pikachu and what we call an electric type pokemon."

Peekaboo nodded. "Hiya!"

"Alma here is an Umbreon, a dark type pokemon." the feline-like creature stretched and bowed.

"Greetings." Alma cocked her head, listening to Lilly speak. "Your voice reminds me of a Wigglytuff or Primarina. Very pretty." she said.

Amy then introduced her last pokemon. "This is Ren a Water-fairy type called a Marill. He just recently evolved."

The pokemon hopped up on the table and spun around, almost dancing. "Hello!"

Alma shook her head. "He's also still full of himself because of it."

"HEY!" Ren puffed out his cheeks, like he was about to spit and Amy tapped him on the nose.

"No rough housing inside. We don't know if this building is pokemon-hijinks proof." Amy told him.

"Spoilsport!" he settled down in the girl's lap, while Peekaboo settled on her shoulder and Alma arranged herself by the girl's side.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

"I was manafactured on Earth, but Transformers in general hail from Cybertron. " Torque says "I was Sparked in a battle over a shard of the Allspark."

He turns to Amy.

"Sometimes adventures feel like some kind of ... meta joke. " An optic light shuts off and reactivates, simulating a wink.