Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by Hawk »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pm
CaptainKaulu wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:34 pm I mean, it's a shame the game is PbP instead of live, which will always mean it creeps along slowly. But I was just thinking yesterday, I think this testing phase does really well at setting the theme and making this campaign have some unique flavor.
What they said.
Ditto.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Cool, I'm glad you guys are still enjoying it :) I'm going to introduce the last test part now, but feel free to still post how character feel about the exam.

So for the last 'test', it is going to be a presence skill check. I'm not going to dictate which skill it needs as this will be determined by the players style. The standard skill will be persuasion, however if a character wants to lie or throw their weight around a bit, then intimidation or deception are valid options. As a quick note faliure in this isn't the end of the world here, it doesn't mean you're not enrolled or anything like that.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Am I right to assume that after people take "the final test", they are ushered to a different location so they can't tell anyone what goes on during "the test"? Or can people find out what the test is about ahead of time?

Oh, and Sarah would have volunteered to go first so she can get out of her hero id ASAP.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I shall have a post in the ic for you guys tomorrow. :)
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

I might just be impatient, but the IC thread hasn't moved in a couple days ... I'm not sure anybody knows what more to post at the moment, MrTweedy.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah, there's nothing to really react to.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Unfortunately work has had me not in a position to sort a post until now, sorry guys.

For the record though, I did say from the outset I expected the posting to be weekly, which on average has been exceeded.

So this is a chance for any characters who haven't met each other yet to get to know each other before heading home if you want. Also another chance to talk to any NPC's you want. After that there will be a short section for each of you to interact with family, and that will conclude this first session.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

MrTweedy wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:13 amFor the record though, I did say from the outset I expected the posting to be weekly, which on average has been exceeded.
Yeah, and like I said I'm probably just impatient. But take that as a sign that I'm engaging with the story!
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

I'm going to say without rolling that Vil, innocent as he is, is completely oblivious to Sarah's "naughty thoughts."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Perfectly fine, and I actually meant that for anyone around. I wasn't planning on Sarah crushing on anyone until you complimented her on the form she doesn't like. And then I'm like, how does she react to that? Perhaps that will change her attitude towards someday. Baby steps of course.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok, just so I know, who is planning on their character taking the bus, and who is planning to take another way home (and if so, what)? This will effect the exit from this scene. Also, is there anything else you guys want to do before the end of the school day? You are largely unattended after the assembly so you have some freedom to wander or talk to other students etc.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah will take the bus since she assumes her idiot brother isn't going to pick her up like he's supposed to.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ is likely to stand around for a while, waiting for one of her uncles or cousins to show up- once she gets tired of waiting she will just fly home...

-I'm going to be traveling for the holiday between now and late Saturday. I should (SHOULD) have access and be able to post, but the in-laws have ahbit of turning off the wifi so that we have to interact...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD's on the bus. Did anyone say when these teams were going to be announced? I figure it would take *some* time to score the tests and make assignments.
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Vil is torn about taking the bus vs. walking home. He still feels a little guilty about taking the bus "unauthorized," and really doesn't mind walking, but could be convinced to take the bus for social reasons. I guess if anyone wants to attempt a Persuasion check on him, that would be appropriate. (Maybe DC 8 for John, DC 12 for the others?)
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:54 am JD's on the bus. Did anyone say when these teams were going to be announced? I figure it would take *some* time to score the tests and make assignments.
Sykes said the teams would be announced the following morning, IIRC.