Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by Hawk »

CaptainKaulu wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm Vil is torn about taking the bus vs. walking home. He still feels a little guilty about taking the bus "unauthorized," and really doesn't mind walking, but could be convinced to take the bus for social reasons. I guess if anyone wants to attempt a Persuasion check on him, that would be appropriate. (Maybe DC 8 for John, DC 12 for the others?)
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:54 am JD's on the bus. Did anyone say when these teams were going to be announced? I figure it would take *some* time to score the tests and make assignments.
Sykes said the teams would be announced the following morning, IIRC.
John would be willing to try and talk him into it. I will post a roll and reply tomorrow.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

So unfortunately it seems that Epic Eclipse will be absent for the foreseeable future: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1456&p=92349#p92349

I'll be seeing if Spectrum is interested in joining to fill the gap as they are on the reserve list, if not I'll probably open up recruitment again so you guys can play with a full six.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Bummer, Maya was an interesting foil for the rest of our characters (and not only because she had water powers amidst 3 earth-based characters).
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hi folks- I'm really honored to be offered this position. I'm catching up on the story and the characters as time allows.

That being said, December is a horrible month for me and I've already had to step away from a game that I've been really enjoying because of it. With the new year, things should really calm down and get back to a more normal state.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Sorry about losing Epic Eclipse, but Welcome to the team Spectrum. We don't have a high rate of posting, so that should hopefully make it easier on you.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

If you guys want to say any quick goodbyes to anyone etc before you leave on the bus, feel free to. Also if you want to talk to anyone on the bus, go ahead.

Spectrum, no problem, I'll see how the game runs with 5 and you can join when you are available.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD lives with his uncle, an active officer in the U.S.Army (Col. Travis Daniels). Does that modify anything you posted about a grandfather?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

It does yeah, I thought it was his uncle and then double guess myself. I'll change it now.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Should we be writing the whole home scene?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Flynarrel, that wasn't the intention, no.

jmucchiello, I'm going to need you to edit your ic post, as you've effectively circumnavigated the final encounter for your character this session. I did say after the intro that I would be taking over the npc's so that you guys would only need to worry about your characters.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Edit it how? If I don't know what to change I don't know how far to rewind. Also, if we don't have any autonomy with our NPCs, the home stuff is going to short and mostly pointless. There's no way the conversation with Mom happens even remotely like I laid it out if we have to trade that dialog back and forth.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Jmucchiello, what I need you to change is you carrying out the dialogue and actions of the npc's. For the record, they aren't 'your' npc's in the sense that you have control over their actions. Although they are a part of your backstory, it is the gm's responsibility to run their actions and the world around the player characters.

The 'point' of the interactions with family members is to give you a chance to flesh out the relationship with these characters and be able to have what should be a potentially enjoyable rp encounter.

Social encounters aren't supposed to be scripted in this way, players are effectively acting and reacting based on the narration of the gm as opposed to writing the encounters themselves.

Having said that, if there are specific aspects that you want to see from characters such as family members and friends, then you are more than welcome to let me know, and I will happily incorporate it into the story. I do try to build on players ideas for the world around them, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the gm to 'be' the npc's, not the players.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've delete everything that is not strictly Sarah's actions. I suppose I'm use to playing in games with more player agency. I will only do stuff with Sarah from now on.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jmucchiello, I can assure you that you still have fool player agency. You still have control over your characters decisions and those decisions will effect the world around them.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Obviously MrTweedy has replaced all of the characters' loved ones with Doctor Armageddon's robot minions!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.