M&M2e Suicide Squad/Thunderbolts Interest check

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bombshell

M&M2e Suicide Squad/Thunderbolts Interest check

Post by Bombshell »

You are a criminal. You've done bad to horrible things in your life. Your reward? Getting locked up for life. The only reason corporal punishment wasn't used is that someone vouched that you would be an asset later on. Who is that someone? You don't know. But you're alive.

Now, exactly two years in Super Max, you've been deemed worthy for service. Your conduct notwithstanding, you've been deemed someone who wouldn't be a liability. After being taken from your cell, you've been briefed on your lot.

You are now private property to a government hit squad. This squad, unknown to the public, is the black ops first line of defense. If you defect, there is something implanted in you that will turn on your weakness to full. And you might not die from it, but if not, you will be taken back to face judgement for your previous crimes.

The first shot will be light of plot. A South American drug cartel starts making Super Crack. Crack that will kill you (maybe not the first time, but keep hitting yourself with that hammer), but when amped up gives you strength, durability, and general unawareness that you're not totally invincible.

Your job? Well, like any late 80s/early 90s action movie: get in, take em out.

After that if the game doesn't fizzle out, we'll make some episodic content based on the characters.
Spectrum

Re: M&M2e Suicide Squad/Thunderbolts Interest check

Post by Spectrum »

Welcome to the boards!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Thanks!
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

You might contact the four fellows in my prior 2E game. In particular, poodle is always looking for a 2E game.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

FuzzyBoots, I actually got the idea to put this up because of that! I don't know about contacting them personally, since doing so out of the blue (especially being so new) seems kinda rude.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'll tell them.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Thanks!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Interested with this idea.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

I'd certainly be interested in coming up with something, depending on particulars. Would we be in an established universe, like the Freedom-verse, or entirely original? Other than that mechanically, what power level are you envisioning?

I'm pretty easy to please, 2E checks my primary box. So I'm looking forward to campaign details and particulars!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

That's two at least!

For setting, I like to do home brew centered around the characters. Basic stuff in the background. A world's greatest team. A school for training child soldiers... I mean developing youngsters' powers. A patriotic era, a silly era, a dark era, the current era which still leans dark but is self aware of it the excesses of the past.

We'll talk finer points when this gets off the ground. And if prebuilt is chosen, I can do Freedom.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Hell yes. I would be happy to be contacted personally. I would be keen.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sounds like an interesting game. Most groups can use a sneaky wrecking ball.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Welcome to the boards, Bombshell!

What PL were you looking to run? I have a reformed criminal character I've never run to completion.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I have a PL 10 weapons guy that could I have never had a chance to play but I am happy to create a character for whatever niche needs to be filled, whatever power level, whatever tone.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am interested but will need to make sure I have the time to devote to the game. Work has been hectic for a couple of months but we just hired someone to help in my department.