[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1, ends Jan. 16]

Post by mrdent12 »

I didn't say the various groups hating us to a degree wasn't justified. We aren't the most likable sorts or terribly good ally makers. I'd forgotten about the temple of the holy Matyr though. Nice to know there's one group put there not hating us who isn't a major criminal organization.

Setting up a base is already off on a bad foot with all the attention being drawn to us. Rule number when setting up a secret base is don't draw too much attention to yourself or if you do make it look like something completely different no one cares about. That isn't to say we can't turn it around.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

EnigmaticOne wrote:It's the price of his Ascendant transformation, since you made it clear most of us were going to be looking inhuman as a result.

Possibly create some skin-grafts or something else in that vein to make him look human again?
Hitori is a sentient disease. Iona is an altered brain housed in a synthetic body. The Ascendants are living machines. Power at a price and lose of humanity are some of the themes of the game. You're characters are not human anymore. Peter is having to resist that pull, and cling to an ephemeral sense of "humanity". The physical appearance is meant to be a constant reminder that you are no longer human. Sure, Hitori can change his appearance and look human. But it is never his original appearance and he has to kill someone to look like them. Diego can change his shape, but his natural form is a cloud of nanites and no other form feels "right".

The skin-grafts are something to aim for. They sound like super-science, which means it won't be easy to achieve, and will require special resources and equipment in addition to the time required to develop an understanding and create such a thing. That also fits into Iona's field. Which means Peter would have to get her assistance.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona -given that she is unnaturally attractive - will need to cover herself when out and about. I have this Little Red Riding Hood image where she wears a hood and cloak in order to hide her face and body. When she is not out on "the surface", she can relax and not worry so much about hiding herself.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pmHitori is a sentient disease. Iona is an altered brain housed in a synthetic body. The Ascendants are living machines. Power at a price and lose of humanity are some of the themes of the game. You're characters are not human anymore. Peter is having to resist that pull, and cling to an ephemeral sense of "humanity". The physical appearance is meant to be a constant reminder that you are no longer human. Sure, Hitori can change his appearance and look human. But it is never his original appearance and he has to kill someone to look like them. Diego can change his shape, but his natural form is a cloud of nanites and no other form feels "right".

The skin-grafts are something to aim for. They sound like super-science, which means it won't be easy to achieve, and will require special resources and equipment in addition to the time required to develop an understanding and create such a thing. That also fits into Iona's field. Which means Peter would have to get her assistance.
Fair enough. And yes, I'm having Peter attempt to hold onto it, even if it's ultimately futile - as you've seen compared to Diego, Peter is worried about losing sight of the human connection that gave the case such important meaning.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Having the full spectrum of attitudes makes for fun play. On the compassionate side is Iona, in the middle is Peter, and on the sociopath side is Diego. Hitori falls somewhere between middle and sociopath as best I can tell.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

It's probably easier for Iona to hold onto her humanity since Levi did not go through Ascension. Despite his brain being in a new body, in a sense, he's actually the least transformed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I posted in the Main IC Thread. Let me know if there are any questions. Checks may end up being required if you want to do things like inspect the equipment present in the foundry or do a thorough search of the interior.

The Ascendants also have Corporal Sander as an asset they can call in when desired.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll need to scroll back through the IC posts more, but I recall the group being shown a map or something maybe of an underground area
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You were not given a map. Iona is the only PC with any prior knowledge about the area. This exchange may be what you are remembering.
Iona wrote:The beautiful young female steps forward and together with Peter and Diego, they form a sort of triangle. “I have a location, which is a suggestion from Dr. Sokolov. It is in Ward 3, not too far from here. My understanding is that a foundry once stood upon it, but the war destroyed much of it and the surrounding area. There is a substantial remnant of the foundation and sub-level still left. Since the infrastructure leading to the foundry is also heavily damaged, Stronghold has yet to move into the region with any significant presence. For the short-term it seems to be a good location from which to conduct a resistance-movement. I already have an ideal location picked out for a field-hospital and small laboratory. But the whole rest of the facility is open for Peter and yourself to use as you see fit."
Diego wrote:".... Before progressing to the location, if you have schematics or layouts available it would be good to review it quickly. No need to waste if it is an inherently insecure location. Also, access to the sewers would also be handy if the location provides it or close enough. If Stronghold sees an increase in activity in the area, they will grow suspicious.", adds Diego. Any location given by Sokolov was unsettling to him, but for lack of a better option he didn't have much choice. Beggars couldn't be choosers.
Iona wrote:"I do not have schematics." Iona states matter-of-factly. "We will need to explore both the above-ground and basement-areas of the building. I have a vague idea of where a proper med-bay and lab should be, but until I actually see the rooms and the condition they are in, then I shall not commit to using them."

The female cyborg shifts her eyes from Diego to Peter and back. "Dr. Sokolov recommended it for a reason. I do not think he would knowingly suggest an unsuitable base. Of course, anyone could make a mistake."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

On the first floor, where the PCs are now, at the top of the walls there are broken windows. somewhere between six inches and a foot wide. Light is coming in from there. It isn't bright, and there are plenty of shadows for someone to hide in, but normal vision is not considered hindered or impaired. That would change as it gets darker outside, however.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The exchange you copied was it. It's all starting to come back now.

My first few posts might be a bit strange as I get back into Diego's voice.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Actually, thinking about it, I may have explained things poorly. The foundry is three stories high. However there are not multiple floors above group. All that space is used up without additional levels, though the interior space is broken up into sections. So the windows that are letting light in are somewhere around ten feet up. I be not believe this affects anything your characters have done or said. I wanted to help craft an accurate mental image though.

After Peter and Iona decide what they are going to do I will work on an IC post.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by mrdent12 »

So assuming each "story" is roughly 10 feet, its one floor 30 feet tall with equipment in various sections(and presumably there was equipment on the ceiling at some point to move stuff) cordoned off from each other in some fashion? That is for above ground at least. We haven't gotten to the underground yet.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That is correct MrDent. I have no experience with foundries, so this won't be a technical or detailed description and I may stumble over my ignorance in places.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries. The only reason I know is I recently went through a factory(working one) as you describe and it helps with the visual in my head.

I was deep diving back into Diego's sheet and completely forgot he had security clearance still. So, to refresh myself he doesn't have the knowledge in his head for Praetor Nulls forces(since it was recently granted), would it allow him to say utilize Costas information stores after showing up in person. I am not expecting him to utilize it without some work involved