Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Now Gargoyles!!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Set, She-Hulk, Skrulls

Post by Spectrum »

True, true :)

FASERIP was one of the earliest game systems that I collected. It was a pretty natural outgrowth from collecting Who's Who and the OHOTMU... DE.

TSR also had a ton of adventure modules in the discount bin at the long defunct Kaybee Toys and helped fuel my interest. (A)D&D, Marvel and their two science fiction games.

I was never able to get the game books though on how to actually play FASERIP. I'm still not actually sure how the game works other than nicely overcomplicated colorful tables.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:21 pm I was never able to get the game books though on how to actually play FASERIP. I'm still not actually sure how the game works other than nicely overcomplicated colorful tables.
http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/ under resources (Basic Revised is pretty much what we use for the standard. Simpler than the Advanced set but more robust than the original yellow box) EVERYTHING you'd need is there. There's the old stuff (some adventures I've personally had a hand in getting available) and some new stuff. We've got a FB group that puts out netbooks from time to time and in the process of updating the Gamer Guides.

I know a few other FB groups that have games going on them, they might be worth a check out.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I really love this system! I love that there are enough (more than 7 or even 10) levels to really spread out powers, abilities and strengths.

Mental and Mystical characters have mental stats to help detail their levels of powers, while of course there are plenty of stats detailing the physical. Then there is the power/ability section which goes into detail and lists abilities at whatever power category they rightfully belong.

For me, near-perfect ooey-gooey goodness! :)

The only thing is with the books being so old, I wonder what the stats should now be for those original characters that have been around 30+ yrs since their profile? The FF, X-Men, Avengers and Defenders as well as hundreds of other characters are all more powerful today than back then.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Goldar wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 pm I really love this system! I love that there are enough (more than 7 or even 10) levels to really spread out powers, abilities and strengths.

Mental and Mystical characters have mental stats to help detail their levels of powers, while of course there are plenty of stats detailing the physical. Then there is the power/ability section which goes into detail and lists abilities at whatever power category they rightfully belong.

The only thing is with the books being so old, I wonder what the stats should now be for those original characters that have been around 30+ yrs since their profile? The FF, X-Men, Avengers and Defenders as well as hundreds of other characters are all more powerful today than back then.
There's been an effort to update characters for some time. Currently there's more than a few of us working on putting together updated Gamer Guides based on the Handbooks. Here's a link to the FB group, the books are in the files section.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Sidious wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 pm
Goldar wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 pm I really love this system! I love that there are enough (more than 7 or even 10) levels to really spread out powers, abilities and strengths.

There's been an effort to update characters for some time. Currently there's more than a few of us working on putting together updated Gamer Guides based on the Handbooks. Here's a link to the FB group, the books are in the files section.
Thanks. only prob is that I am not on FB. Any chance the updates will make it here?
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Goldar wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:47 pm
Sidious wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks. only prob is that I am not on FB. Any chance the updates will make it here?
I don't believe that Ares wants to do any file hosting. You can check the Classicmarvelforever.com site to see if they have been uploaded.
Sidious

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: The B & C's are completed

Post by Sidious »

Updated Death's Head II. He should be in the Third updated Gamer's Guide that is being put out.
Sidious wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:17 pm Image
Guess what decade this is from?

Death’s Head II:
STATISTICS
F: RM(30)
A: IN(40)
S: MN(75)
E: MN(75)
R: AM(50)
I: IN(40)
P: RM(30)

Health: 220
Resources: PR (4)
Popularity: 0

BACKGROUND
Occupation: Bounty hunter ("Free-lance Peacekeeping Agent"); Adventurer
Legal Status: Existence is unknown to the general population of Earth.
Identity: Public
Other Known Aliases: Death’s Head, Blue, DH, Outlaw
Place of Birth: 21st Century England, Alternate Earth
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: Dr Evelyn Necker (creator of body); Death Wreck, Death Metal (“brothers”)
Base of Operations: Mobile throughout space-time
Past Group Affiliations: formerly M-13, S.A.S, partner of Tuck, formerly Dark Guard, Merry Men, A.I.M., Death 3
Present Group Affiliation:

KNOWN POWERS:
Robotic Body: Death’s Head is a product of advanced science and Cybernetics:
  • Body Armor: In/40
  • Hyper-Running: Ex/20
  • Resistance – aging, poison, disease, toxins: CL 1000
  • Life Support: CL 1000
  • Cybernetic Senses:
    • Sight: AM/50
    • Hearing: Am/50
    • Olfactory: Am/50
Cybernetic Healing Factor: Minion to be injured. However, he possesses an Amazing (50) cybernetic healing factor that allows him to repair damaged or destroyed bodily tissues far beyond the capabilities of a human.

Liquid Metal Right Arm: Minion's right arm is composed of liquid metal Molybdenum and he is able to shift his arm from its normal state into a variety of different configurations.
  • Claws / Blades: Mn/75 edged damage
  • Plasma Cannon: Am/50 energy
  • Cranial Disruptor: In/40 ability to download the mind of an opponent and add it to his multiple personalities.
Multiple Personalities: Minion houses 116 different personalities. The current dominant persona is that of the Original Death’s Head. He has access to the knowledge of his other personalities and may use their knowledge to gain a +1 CS bonus on skill rolls.

In times of stress these other personalities may vie for control of the body. Make a Psyche FEAT roll. A white result means he has over-loaded and will stand inert for 1-10 rounds as the personalities fight for control. A green result means the current dominant personality has won and remains in control. A Yellow result means the two have merged with the core personality acting as the invading one would. A red result swaps the core personality for the attacking one.

Temporal Displacer: In/40 ability to instantaneously Travel to desired Temporal and Spatial Location

TALENTS: Weapons Master; Martial Arts: A, B, C, D, E; Military; Temporal Science; Tactics

CONTACTS: Tuck

HISTORY
Death's Head II (a.k.a. Minion) was a creation of Dr. Evelyn Necker, and was sent through time and space to absorb the universe's greatest minds and warriors to further the goals of A.I.M. Minion's next target was to be Reed Richards, but due to an unexpected attack from Death's Head, Minion instead absorbed the personality of the robotic bounty hunter and re-belled against Dr. Necker. Thus, Death's Head II was born!

After gaining free will, Death's Head II fled through time and space and eventually encountered another of Necker's fugitive creations, the genetically engineered Tuck. The two would inadvertently find themselves entangled in a crucial event in the history of Earth-616, the prevention of Charnel's rise to power, and theoretically the prevention of Earth-9939's existence. Death's Head II, Tuck, and some of the Avengers of Earth-9939 fought Charnel, and defeated him, but at a high cost: only Death's Head II, Tuck, and 9939's Scarlet Witch survived the fight.

Death's Head II has traveled to various realities including Earth-9939, but was last seen in Earth-616, which he now considers to be his home. On 616, DHII made numerous friends including Dark Angel, Motormouth, Killpower, and the X-Men, DHII even joined three teams--Death3, Dark Guard and MI 13.
Sidious

Death's Head - TVA

Post by Sidious »

Death's Head I

STATISTICS
F: EX(20)
A: RM(30)
S: AM(50)
E: MN(75)
R: TY(6)
I: GD(10)
P: EX(20)

Health: 175
Resources: Pr/4

BACKGROUND
Occupation: Mercenary, assassin, “Freelance Peacekeeping Agent”
Legal Status: Unknown
Identity: Publicly Known
Other Known Aliases: None
Place of Creation: somewhere in the pocket dimension of Styrakos
Marital Status: Inapplicable
Known Relatives: Ty Rejutka Lupex (creator of body, "father"), Pyra (creator of consciousness, "moth-er")
Base of Operations: Mobile throughout space-time
Past Group Affiliations: formerly MI 13, S.W.O.R.D., partner to Spratt

KNOWN POWERS:
Robotic Construction: Death’s Head was a mechanical construct with an advanced AI Brain:
  • Body Resistance: Rm/30
  • Resistance – aging, heat, cold, disease, toxins: CL 1000
  • Life Support: CL 1000
  • Computer Link: Finger-tip plug that can connect to any computer.
  • Size – defunct: Formerly Death’s Head stood at 30ft in height. He was shrunk down to 7 ft in height by the Doctor.
Multi-use Hand: Death's Head can switch his hand out for several attachments.
  • Blaster: Rm/30
  • Double Bladed Battle Axe: Am/50 edged
  • Spiked Mace: Mn/75 blunt
  • Harpoon: Am/50 penetration, with tow line.
EQUIPMENT:
Rocket Boots:
  • Flight: Ex/20
Dogbolter Temporal Rocket: This backpack time machine gives the user the following abilities:
  • Time Travel: Instantaneous travel to a desired temporal and spatial location
TALENTS: Weapons Master; Martial Arts: A,B,C,D,E; Strategy & Tactics; Tracking

CONTACTS: Spratt

HISTORY
Death's Head was originally created on Styrakos as a robotic body intended to be used by a mage named Ty Rejutka Lupex, whose own body was beginning to fail him due to the massive energies he contained. Lupex however was double crossed by Pyra who made the body conscious and gave him his business-like attitude, and an unknown party stole the body.

Death's Head eventually surfaced as a bounty hunter, though calling himself a "Freelance Peace Keeping Agent," in one possible future for the robotic race known as the Transformers of Earth-120185, where he was enlarged to their size. His contracts there sent him bouncing through time and led him to play an instrumental role in the defeat of Unicron by Autobots. Escaping the aftermath of this battle through a time portal, he encountered the Time Lord known as the Doctor. The Doctor played a pretty nasty trick on the Freelance Peacekeeping Agent when he shrank him down to about human size and bounced him through time yet again to year 8162.

On Earth-5555, Death's Head quickly got embroiled in local affairs of Greater Britain and was partially destroyed by Dragon's Claws, formerly the best Game team in the world. He was rebuilt by Spratt. Together they moved to the Los Angeles Resettlement, where Spratt became his 'partner,' and started taking on commissions. (Something DH never really liked or admitted but begrudgingly tolerated.)

After being hired to kill the Doctor and instead saved by him from a bomb, Death's Head was ditched on the Four Freedoms Plaza building on Earth-616 and was in turn transported by the Fantastic Four to a near future of Earth-8410, where he battled Arno Stark, the Iron Man of 2020, and once again settled down and started taking commissions. At some point Pyra found him and transported back to Styrakos, his place of creation. There, after a fearsome battle, he killed Ty Rejutka Lupex.

Death's Head also worked as a freelancer for the Time Variance Authority (TVA). For one job he was hired to investigate a time-bubble, encountering the Fantastic Four and Thor. Later, he stole a time-bike from the TVA and was hired to steal a vase from She-Hulk. At some point, he encountered the Doctor at a birthday party.

He was hired again by the TVA to kill the Future Foundation, as one of its members would have created a device which would have unleashed chaos on the timeline, the intervention of Spider-Man made it possible for the time-space to be safe once more. Death's Head was left away as he was thought to have vanished when the timeline was rewritten and traveled to space to continue his business as a bounty hunter.

Death's Head was eventually terminated by the Advanced Idea Mechanics cyborg originally called 'Minion'. Minion was programmed by Dr. Evelyn Necker to assimilate 106 of history's greatest combatants to protect A.I.M. from a predicted unknown future threat, and Death's Head was the 105th one to be assimilated. What no one counted on was that Death's Head's mechanoid nature meant his full consciousness was essentially downloaded into the Minion body causing the cyborg to become confused. When Minion went after Reed Richards as his 106th and final target, Mr. Fantastic scrambled his circuits with a device. Death's Head became the dominant personality and Minion became the new Death's Head. Minion then realized he could download the data he needed from Reed's computers instead of from Reed's mind and thus eliminated the need to kill him. He thanked Reed and went back into space-time.

The remains of the original Death's Head body would later be claimed by Spratt, and brought to Baron von Strucker V in hopes that von Strucker could repair Death's Head. Strucker had other ideas, and using magic he fused himself with the robotic remains and be-came the entity known as Charnel.

Death's Head battled Iron Man in-side a Voldi arena, then helped him battle Rigelian Recorder 451, and then 451 mind-controlled Death's Head into fighting Iron Man again.

At different times and with different degree of success, Death's Head took contracts to capture Cyclops, Novas Samuel Alexander and Richard Rider, Guardians of the Galaxy, Monsteroso and Darkhawk.

Death's Head began taking in extraterrestrial life for the government organization known as S.W.O.R.D.

An early version of Death's Head was at one point hired by the D'Bari to fight Earth's champion, the Hulk, for the right to colonize Earth-9411. Given that Death's Head has been shown to be able to travel between realities as well as in time (having previously visited both Earth-8410 and Earth-5555 as well as Earth-616), it is unclear if this was that reality's own version of Death's Head or simply the mainstream Death's Head going where the money was.
Last edited by Sidious on Mon May 04, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Deathlok - Luther Manning

Post by Sidious »

Deathlok I

STATISTICS
F: AM(50)
A: RM(30)
S: IN(40)
E: IN(40)
R: EX(20)
I: AM(50)
P: PR(4)

Health: 160
Resources: Fb/2

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the US of Earth-7484, with no criminal record. Officially deceased.
Identity: His existence is not known to the general public.
Other Known Aliases: none
Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan
Marital Status: Married
Known Relatives: Janice (wife, separated), Richard (son)
Base of Operations: New York area
Past Group Affiliations: Heralds, formerly Project Alpha-1, US Army, Godwulf’s Redeemers, Tantalus and Pelops

KNOWN POWERS:
Cyborg Body: Much of the Deathlok body (75%) is mechanical.
  • Body Armor: Ex/20
  • Ultraviolet Vision: Rm/30
  • Thermal Vision: Rm/30
  • Telescopic Vision: Rm/30
  • Hyper-Hearing: Rm/30
Internal Computer: A microprocessor is integrated with Manning brain. It may override his self-control making him a passenger within his own body. The computer may be reprogrammed by anyone gaining access to it on an Amazing (50) Reason FEAT.
  • Total memory: Mn/75
  • Cyber Communication: In/40; ability to project himself into cyberspace and control/communicate with computers
EQUIPMENT:
Laser Pistol: Deathlok carries a 150 watt/sec helium-neon laser pistol that runs off his internal power supply.
  • Damage: In/40
Throwing Knife:
  • Material Strength: Rm/30
  • Damage: In/40 edged
TALENTS: Weapons Master; Martial Arts: A; Computers; Military

CONTACTS: Military (within own reality)

HISTORY
Luther Manning enlisted in the army in the late 1970s and rose through the ranks to become a colonel. During war games in 1985, Manning was critically injured by the effects of a concussion mine. Manning's remains were salvaged by his superior officer Major Simon Ryker for use in Project: Alpha-Mech, a covert operation to create cyborg super soldiers. Manning's brain, nervous system and still living tissue were transplanted into a synthetic body in an operation performed by Major Ryker's brother Harlan Ryker, who for years had replaced his brother's missing limbs with synthetic parts, which were lost in an altercation with Doctor Doom.

After 5 years in stasis, Manning's body was reanimated as the cyborg Deathlok, so named because he was locked in a death-like state. Simon Ryker oversaw Deathlok's training and early missions, but the cyborg eventually rebelled against his programming as his human memories returned. Escaping Ryker's control Deathlok learned that he was legally dead and that his wife had since married his old friend Mike Travers. Despondent but incapable of suicide due to his internal programming, Deathlok sought to ruin his former master. Having become a cyborg himself after sustaining injuries, Ryker devoted himself to merging with the Omni-Computer which oversaw the city of New York (on Earth-7484), becoming the cyber space entity known as Savior Machine. However, Deathlok forced him out of the Omni-Computer, leaving Simon Ryker hopelessly incoherent from the rapid reversal he had suffered. The CIA tried to restore Deathlok to life by transferring his mind to a clone of Manning, but succeeded only in duplicating his memories in that body, leaving Deathlok essentially unchanged.

Deathlok briefly encountered a time-traveling Spider-Man.

In the year 2011 of Earth-7484, Manning's computer had long since crashed and he would fight for his own survival. He would re-name himself the Demolisher and be recruited by Timestream in exchange for having his past changed so that he never became Deathlok. Unknown to Manning was that Timestream was secretly a foreign monarch he had fought years prior. Timestream's plans threatened all existence, prompting the Time Variance Authority to send Godwulf to stop him. Timestream recruited the Luther Manning of Earth-616, and Godwulf recruited his own Deathloks in the form of Siege and Earth-616's Deathlok, Michael Collins. Eventually Manning of Earth-7484 learned the truth about Timestream, and worked together with Collins to destroy him. Unimpressed and disgusted with Godwulf, Deathlok-7484 stole one of his time gauntlets and traveled to Earth-616. In this reality he roamed the sewers of Manhattan in relative solitude.

At some point, he fought in his time beside Tantalus and Pelops.

He briefly worked with the Tunnel Dwellers society. He was ultimately involved in a struggle between Daredevil, Blackwulf, the Tunnel Dwellers, and Peacekeeper against Walter Jenkins Bushwacker, and the King of the Sewers. Following this battle, Manning left the scene to contemplate on his life, after refusing an offer from Blackwulf to join the Underground Legion.

At some point, Luther Manning was recruited by X-51 of Earth-9997 to become a member of his Heralds, a group of super-humans from alternate realities. He had gathered them to warn alternate realities of the danger of the Celestials who reproduced by impregnating worlds and manipulating the DNA of the planets dominant species into being unwilling antibodies. Each member of the Heralds was granted their fondest wish upon completion of their mission. As payment for his agreement to join the Heralds, Deathlok wished to become human again. He was teamed with Wolverine of Earth-811, Iron Man 2020 of Earth-8410, Bloodstorm of Earth-1298, Spider-Girl of Earth-1122, Killraven of Earth-691 and Hyperion of Earth-1121. The team was split into groups of two, with Deathlok joining Killraven. They traveled to Earth-1124, a world ruled by Satyrnin.

After fighting an army of Stayrnin's soldiers, the two heroes eventually surrendered and were taken to Satyrnin. Stayrnin was uninterested in the information the two had to provide, and was more interested in her attraction to Killraven. Kill-raven stayed behind while Deathlok (figuring he got a raw deal) would return back to Earth-9997.

Returning to Earth-9997, each member of the group having varying degrees of success, they ar-rived to find that the Watcher of Earth-9997 was being judged by his alternate reality counterparts. After a brief battle against the collective of Watchers (in which Kill-raven came to the rescue), they were beaten when X-51 had them all teleported to the surface of their own Earths, making them guilty of the same crimes that Watcher-9997 was guilty of.

After some time on Earth-9997, X-51 recovered a device that was used by Merlin to restore Captain Britain to life. He used the device to create a new body for Luther Manning based on a DNA sample. He then intended to transplant Manning's brain in this new body. If X-51 succeed in doing this remains to be revealed.

Further, it is unknown when and where Manning was plucked from reality and brought to Earth-9997. Figuring for the success of the brain transplant, it is possible that Manning's trip to Earth-9997 has yet to happen in his personal chronology. However, Manning was taken at a point prior to X-51 knowing how to travel to alternate realities without creating a divergent reality, so it is entirely possible that when X-51 took Manning from whatever he originated, he created a divergent reality in the process. However, at this present time the logistics pertaining to these events have yet to be explained.
Last edited by Sidious on Mon May 04, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

The first two versions of Deathlock (Manning and Collins) are still some of my favorite secondary characters from the MU. I can't even explain why, there's something in the concept that really hit me at a deep level.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Woodclaw wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 am The first two versions of Deathlock (Manning and Collins) are still some of my favorite secondary characters from the MU. I can't even explain why, there's something in the concept that really hit me at a deep level.
Glad you're liking them! :)
Sidious

Celestials

Post by Sidious »

Celestials

Background:
In the beginning, there was only one universe, the First Firmament, perfect but alone. It decided to create life: Celestial servants. While some of them industriously worshiped it, seeking its approval whenever they created life on their own, which prompted the First Firmament to name them "Aspirants"; others, "multicolored rebels", who were "as many as the stars them-selves", wanted their own creations to evolve, for the universe to grow, change and die. That was seen by the First Firmament as madness and sacrilege.
  • Celestial War
    War eventually broke out between the "multicolored rebels" and the Aspirants for the dominion of all existence.

The war greatly diminished both groups, desperate, who resorted to powerful weapons to get rid of their opponents, including the Aspirants' Godkiller Armor that they used to win the final battle of the war.

After the final battle of the Celestial War, the Aspirants' built their fleets and immediately entered a civil war, which gave the Celestials time to recover and crush their opponents.

The war ended by shattering the First Firmament into pieces. As the rebels detonated their weapons, hundreds of new universes split off from it. The First Firmament fled along with the remaining Aspirants, and the new universes formed a collective entity, the Second Cos-mos and First Multiverse.
Second Cosmos
The Second Cosmos (or Second Infinity) was colonized by the "rebels". Those Celestials evolved their own servitors who they came to call "Omegas", in opposition to the First Firmament, who was the Alpha.

Seventh Multiverse
It was speculated by Reptyl that the Celestials may be the cause of the widespread of mammalians in the evolution of life on many quad-rants of the cosmos.
  • The Watchers
    In opposition to the Celestials' apparent agenda were the Watchers. Having sworn an oath of non-interference in species younger than themselves, the Watchers found the Celestials' genetic engineering of such species to be the antithesis of what they believed. Thus, the Watchers and the Celestials were in pointless (as Watchers do not act) conflict for billions of years.
  • Black Vortex
    The Black Vortex was created 12 billion years by the Celestial God-head, after a Viscardi named Gara expressed to the cosmic being the desire of their species to explore beyond their potential. Gara was the first of the Viscardi to submit to the Black Vortex's power. One year later, a war between the Viscardi left Gara as the sole survivor of her species.
  • The Monolith
    The creators of the legendary Black Monoliths were the Celestials, who had sent it to help record vast amounts of data over the centuries. An Arishem-lookalike Celestial took off with the Monolith and Machine Man (who was inside the Monolith at the time). It was never revealed what happened to X-51 during his time with the Celestials. Later, however, the Celestials dumped Machine Man back on Earth after allowing him to travel with them for a time.
It is believed that the Celestials indirectly influenced and aided the development of mankind through the Eternals as well as the Northern Egyptians, the Maya, the Incas, the Atlanteans, etc.

The Progenitor and the Fallen
Four billion years ago, a Celestial referred to as the Progenitor crashed onto Earth after it was infected by the Horde. The Progenitor died a sad, lonely death, and its body was buried within the Earth below the North Pole. The Celestial's diseased body fluids seeped into the Earth and percolated through the planet's primeval surface, forever altering the Earth's evolutionary trajectory. Loki claimed that this process ultimately gave rise to the mutations and superhuman abnormalities present in many of Earth's inhabitants.

A million years ago, a Celestial named Zgreb the Aspirant came to Earth in search for the Progenitor. The Fallen found the Progenitor and became inflicted with the Horde. However, the Horde mutated him into a rabid "Dark Celestial," the first of its kind. Zgreb went berserk and entered into conflict with the Avengers of the Stone Age. They defeated Zgreb and buried it underground in the territory that would become South Africa in modern times.

The First Host
The loss of the two Celestials drew the attention of the rest of the Celestials, and the First Host came to Earth. The Stone Age Avengers tried to fight the visitors, but they were soundly defeated. It has been stated that the First Host of Celestials genetically engineered chosen members of the early human population to create the Eternals and the Deviants, and developed the X-Gene that would eventually give rise to mutants. However, Loki has claimed those accounts were a lie and that instead the First Host left the Earth as it was after defeating the Avengers. They additionally chose to keep Zgreb buried deep underground to keep the Horde infection contained. According to Loki, the genetic modifications to the inhabitants of the Earth that would give rise to superpowered beings didn't happen because of the First Host, but were instead a result of the Progenitors' death. It was subsequently deduced by the Avengers that the First Host decided to contain the Horde infection because they believed humanity's capacity for mutagenesis and superhuman change meant they possessed the potential to adapt and cancel out the Horde.

The Second Host and the Great Cataclysm
The Second Host of the Celestials arrived on Earth circa 16,000 BCE. At the time, the Deviants, who far outnumbered the Eternals and the humans, were in the middle of war against on Atlantis and attacked the Celestial ship. In retaliation, the Celestials landed on Lemuria. At the same time, the Atlanteans opened their magma vents to drive off the Deviants. Either by Celestial will alone, or the combined forces of Atlantis, the Eternals and the might of the Celestials, the continent of Lemuria was destroyed and Atlantis sunk beneath the sea. This Great Cataclysm reshaped the Earth's surface.

It is also known that near this time, Arishem came into conflict with The Dreaming Celestial. The reason for this conflict is unknown and differing reasons have been given, but may have been about the course of the "experiment" on Earth-616. The conflict ended with defeat and burial of The Dreaming Celestial under what would later become Northern California near San Francisco.
  • Celestial Madonna
    The Celestial Madonna an apparent female Celestial, appeared in 114 AD at the palace of Zhang Heng, a member of the Brother-hood of the Shield in Luoyang. Zhang went to her, and revealed him the existence of the Celestial Egg existing within Earth, and revealed as well that she was carry-ing a child, something "new/unique/forbidden". That birth would destroy her in any case, but would need nourishment. As she was hesitating between using Earth, causing quick extinction, or the Moon, with cataclysmic consequences on Earth, Zhang Heng proposed an alternative: the Sun. Bathing herself in the Earth's sun, she was destroyed while her progeny was found by Leonardo da Vinci in 1956.
The Third Host
The Third Host came to Earth about 1000 years ago. Once again, the Celestials moved across the globe experimenting and testing their handiwork. Wary of the intervention of these "alien gods" Odin Borson convened a gathering of all the known Sky-Gods like himself and choose three of their number to meet with the Celestials. Odin, Zeus Panhellenios, and Vishnu confronted Arishem and were quickly shown that it alone had the power to cut off each and every pantheon from Earth. This led to all the Skyfathers pledging to not interfere with the Celestials for 1000 years.
  • 11th to 12th century
    During 1150 A.D. in the Ho-Lo Shan Mountains of Northern Mongolia, China, En Sabah Nur heard of a ruler powered by an immense alien ship which crashed, and sought him out as another immortal. In a confrontation, Nur slew all of Garbha-Hsien's guards. Garbha-Hsien then sought to humble his fellow 'forever-walker', by revealing the secret titanic vessel. Having had previous experience with futuristic technology, Nur attacked Garbha-Hsien and left the other immortal for dead. Not understanding how to kill an immortal, Garbha-Hsien survived and fled. After striking down Garbha-Hsien, Nur entered the Ship and lived on it for many years, not fully under-standing how to communicate with it or control it. Using old hieroglyphs, Nur built a large Sphinx around the Ship, on his own, and began to hear a voice inside of his head. The voice belonged to the Celestial, Eson the Searcher, who "spoke" through telepathy and called Nur "Apocalypse". Eson presented Nur with the proposition to use the technology on Ship to shape the destiny of the world, or simply leave and never remember anything. Nur accepted and Eson stated that one day, maybe in centuries or millennia, the Celestials would come for payments for their gifts. Shortly after finding the Ship, Nur and his Riders of the Dark were constantly attacked, by a young warrior with a sword and shield calling himself the Traveler. Centuries later, Thor faced off with the Celestial-powered being called Apocalypse. Seeking revenge, Thor blessed Jarnbjorn with his own blood to imbue it with the power to pierce Celestial armor.
Fourth Host
In the 20th century, the Fourth Host of Celestials returned to Earth to judge the final stage in their genetic experiments. To do this, they settled on the Inca plateau in South America and collected materials and beings from across the globe. The appearance of these enigmatic giants around the world terrified the world's population and triggered the attempted intervention of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Celestials sealed themselves inside an impenetrable dome and began their judgement. Odin, fearful of Celestial power and angered by their interference on Earth, gathered the life force of all of Asgard to battle the Celestials for the fate of the Earth. Despite having Thor and the Eternals at his side, The Celestials defeated Odin and spared the Earth after the intervention of Gaea and the "gift" of 12 special humans selected from every pantheon. The Fourth Host then left Earth erasing the memory of their existence from the minds of humanity.
  • Dreaming Celestial at San Francisco
    Early in the 21st century, after being manipulated into awakening The Dreaming Celestial, the Eternals learned that it was only through the efforts of the Eternal Makkari that it did not "reset local space-time one billion years past" or "destroy this corner of the Milky Way Galaxy." It was angry over its imprisonment but decided instead to observe and investigate the Earth. The very presence of the Dreaming Celestial was initially considered a threat and dangerous to the very existence of humanity, and all life on Earth by the Avengers. It was only through the mental intervention of the Eternals that the 2000-foot Golden Celestial now standing in Golden Gate Park, was accepted by humanity at large.

As time passed, the Celestial's emotional and mental stability was becoming more and more erratic as it claimed to be questioning the reason for its imprisonment, its place as designated by the One-Above-All (appearing to the Celestial as an other-worldly bartender who looked like Jack Kirby) and its/his plans for all of creation. The Dreaming Celestial began exhibiting more "non"-Celestial behaviors, such as admiring Iron Man's guile in battle and the "un-doing" of the death of the Eternal Thena's human son, so much that Uatu the Watcher began to question the Celestial's mental balance.

Soon after the High Evolutionary and Mr. Sinister tampered with the Dreaming Celestial's armor, the prime Celestial Host came to Earth, apparently finally taking an interest in its re-awakening. Cyclops' Extinction Team boldly at-tempted to bluff the assembled Celestials, asking them to leave; they consented, but only when the Dreaming Celestial itself, no long-er infested by Mr. Sinister's machinations, told them to by pointing skyward.

By this time, the Dreaming Celestial's confusion and questioning of itself was beginning to physically affect the people it communicated with culminating in the death of Makkari, the subsequent "death" of Sersi, and "rebirth" of Makkari all due to the Eternal's relationship with the Celestial. Finally confronting its "creator" the One-Above-All/"Jack" it chooses to leave this plane of existence with it/him.
  • Exterminator
    The Celestials thought that with life and creation there must be death and destruction, so they created the Exterminators to be that death and destruction. However, the Ex-terminators turned against the Celestials who couldn't kill them, so they separated the universe into the Multiverse and imprisoned and bonded them into space between the walls separating realities. However, the Celestials didn't learn from their first mistake and created the Death Seed with the same pur-pose, but far more manageable. The Exterminators were trapped in their prison for millennia, until the walls between realities began to weaken. Tears, cracks, and fissures grew larger and larger until the Exterminators were able to escape.

Nightcrawler (Earth-295) and Dark Beast used the Dreaming Celestial to create a portal to their world. Unfortunately, this portal opened the rift between realities wide enough for the Exterminators to pass through to Earth-295.

When the Exterminators emerged, they were greeted by the X-Men, the trans-dimensional X-Men, and the X-Terminated.

One of the Exterminators departed to Earth-616 where he drained the Dreaming Celestial while the other two Exterminators remained on Earth-295, one feeding off the rift and the other seeking out the pow-er of Apocalypse in the Death Seed.
  • Mutant Rapture and Judge-ment of Earth
    Kang the Conqueror recovered Jarnbjorn from Baron Mordo's tomb in Brazil.

Kang gave the axe to Uriel during his training to become the new Apocalypse. Uriel used the weapon to kill a Celestial Gardener out-side the Starcore Station as part of the Apocalypse Twins' plan to trick the Celestials into destroying Earth while they evacuated all of Earth's mutants to Planet X.

Thor later retrieved the Jarnbjorn and used it to kill/destroy the normal-space armor of Exitar the Executioner before it could destroy Earth. Whether this truly destroyed the Celestial, or merely shunted it back to wherever the Celestials truly live as the Invisible Woman had previously done to help end the so-called Celestial-Watcher War is unknown.

After Exitar's "destruction", Sentry revealed to Wasp that he would take a great journey moving the Celestial body far from Earth. Before leaving, he warned her that they must prepare themselves be-cause the Celestials' wrath would be mighty.
  • Time Runs Out
    Among their many solutions to halt the Incursions, the Illuminati asked Galactus to arrange a meeting with the Celestials so the group could ask them for help. However, during the meeting, the Celestials mysteriously vanished. The explanation for this event was that the Celestials were being attacked in every universe at the same time by the Beyonders, who after a long battle managed to kill them all.
Eighth Multiverse
After the recreation of the universe the First Firmament sent one of his Aspirants to cause damage to Eternity. The arrival of this Celestial Destructor was foreseen by the precognitive Inhuman Ulysses Cain. The entity appeared in New York City near Stark Tower where it was confronted by the joint forces of the Avengers, Avengers Unity Division, New Avengers, Ultimates, A-Force, X-Men, New Attilan's In-humans, and other heroes including Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Hellstorm, Shaman, Spider-Man, War Machine, Spider-Woman, Wolverine, Hulk, and Hercules. While most of the heroes were busy fighting the Servitors, the magic users of the group cast a spell that returned the Celestial to its own dimension.
  • Eternity War
    As it turned out, not all of the Celestials were destroyed by the Beyonders. A handful of survivors managed to escape and hide out at the furthest edges of the uni-verse within the deep folds of space-time. Unlike the other cos-mic beings, the Celestials that were destroyed were apparently not brought back to life when the Multiverse was restored. The surviving Celestials were confronted by Logos, the fusion of Lord Chaos, Master Order, and the In-Betweener. Logos believed him-self to be the new judge of worlds, something the Celestials formerly did. Logos considered the Celestials to be unwanted competition as judges of worlds and thus destroyed the surviving Celestials, though he was told that nothing truly died by the Queen of Nevers, who secretly saved the One Above All while Logos killed the other Celestials, making him the last Celestial.

It was later revealed that Logos was being manipulated by the First Firmament in a bid to return to its original position as everything that is. The Celestials were eventually returned to life as the Fifth Host by the Queen of Nevers to thwart the First Firmament's attempt to take over the Multiverse.
The Final Host
Zgreb was eventually awakened in modern times when a team of archaeologists uncovered the under-ground cavern it was sealed in. The Fallen shouted "Summon... the Final Host!" while killing the archaeologists. Later, Loki, the Asgardian God of Mischief, released the Fallen from its prison and used it to bring about the Final Host of Dark Celestials in order to wipe out Earth, arguing that the planet was ill-ridden as a result of the Progenitors' arrival and death having altered the Earth's evolutionary trajectory billions of years prior. Be-fore arriving to Earth, the Dark Celestials used the Horde to infect and kill every Celestial in existence. Their bodies were hurled to the Earth to herald the arrival of their murderers.

During the Avengers' final stand against the Dark Celestials, the bodies of the felled Celestials were reanimated by the Horde. When the Avengers joined their energies to form a gestalt Uni-Mind, they used its power to defeat the Horde, and it became dormant. The Celestials were freed from its influence, and they helped the Avengers take down the Dark Celestials.

"Biology"
  • Appearance
    The Celestials usually resemble massive male - or sexless - armor-clad humanoids of enormous size, with most of them standing two thousand feet (610 meters) in height and some even larger (Exitar stands over 20,000 feet high). Each varies in color and design, which is very elaborate in some individuals. Each has one head, two arms & two legs, indistinct features on their "helmets" sometimes exhibiting two eyes, sometimes more, sometimes none. The "de-signs" on their armor are of a practical nature and each serves a function of one kind or another- Arsheim's formula of judgement on its thumb for example. Many, but not all, also have great equipment on their backs or carry great staffs capable of breaking down and reconstructing all forms of energy & matter or lay waste of entire continents. It has been re-ported that the Celestial' bodies are modular, made up of thousands of varied objects and beings. It has also been reported that they may combine to create larger more powerful amalgams and can ani-mate severed limbs and even their computer-ware is sentient.
  • Armor
    Allegedly, no one has even seen a Celestial without armor. A theory from scientists is that they exist in Hyperspace, while their armors are simply channels allowing them to interact in the regular plane of reality.
  • Origins and "Replica-tion/Reproduction"
    • Celestial Eggs within planets
      It was stated by the Celestial Madonna that Earth and many other worlds were implanted with a Celestial Egg/Embryo at their center, gestating for millions of years before birthing and consuming the planet. Similar processes were witnessed in Earth-9997 and other realities.

This process of reproduction is seemingly the rule, but not the only way Celestials come into being.
    • Gestation within Celestials
      The Celestial Madonna was her-self carrying a Celestial, something she considered "new/unique/forbidden". The process/cycle/function of replication/reproduction was assured to cause the mother's death, and required suitable nourishment, who could be found in Earth, the Moon (causing their destruction) or the Sun. The infant Celestial, dubbed the Star Child, was stated to be a "variant Celestial".
    • The Black Galaxy
      For millions of years, the Black Galaxy was a universal curiosity, an area of space composed entirely of biological matter. In recent times, it was revealed to be the birth creche of a new Celestial. A Red Celestial oversaw the process, using armored capsules to assemble the full armor of a new Celestial. The bodies of Eric Masterson and Hercules were incorporated into this mixture. Also, a sphere of pure white energy became the center point for the Celestial's creation. When the alleged Celestial-slayer called Stellaris made a kamikaze run on the white sphere, her megaton impact triggered the final birthing process. The white sphere expanded to encompass the entire Black Galaxy, then contracted back to its original size, pulling the bio-matter of the entire Galaxy back into that point, leaving behind light years of completely empty space. The compressed bio-verse of the sphere and the assembled Celestial armor combined to produce a new and unnamed Blue Celestial.

The Rigellian Analyzer proffered that the Celestials may have creat-ed the Black Galaxy or merely commandeered it, and that the supposedly antagonistic Stellaris was both a necessary part of the birth process and encased in living armor identical to the Celestials'.
  • Celestial Pathology
    All Celestials are linked to one an-other by quantum telepathy, meaning no matter where or when they are they are in communion with each other.
Agenda
The Celestials' agenda is ultimately unknown, as is the exact purpose of the Celestials' genetic manipulation and "responsibilities". Repeatedly returning to each world, the races in question are evaluated over a 50 Earth-year period and should a test-subject race "fail" by the Celestials' standards, Arishem the Judge's judgement calls the coming of Exitar the Exterminator to the target world. Exitar, a Celestial ten times Arishem's own height, "purifies" the offending world of the race (or races) by destroying those non-life-affirming elements. Thor was on the planet Pangoria when this happened, and was told the issues at stake were "too great for even an immortal to grasp".

According to the Dreaming Celestial, the Celestial race are the instruments of the teeming of life in their respective universes under the will of an entity known as The Fulcrum that serves as the mastering force behind the equilibrium of all creation. Planets populated by a viable base species possessing the requisite neurological potential are chosen for cultivation. One hundred specimens are evolved into Eternals, another hundred, into Deviants, with the former being created to be more powerful while the latter being created to breed more efficiently and prodigiously. The Celestials then leave their specimens to their own devices and after nineteen cosmic cycles the tested planets are chosen for destruction. The aggregate energy from the base species is harvested and channeled to the Fulcrum. If the planet's aggregate energy signature is consistent with the Eternals, then the life force will be transferred to the Celestials before being sent to the Fulcrum. However, if the aggregate energy signature is consistent with the Deviants, then the life force will be transferred to the Horde, a malicious counterpart to the Celestials and the instrument of reaping on chosen planets under the order of the Fulcrum.

Due to their imposing presence, all-concealing armor, and seeming indifference/omnipotence to those whom they judge, the Celestials have acquired the sobriquet of "Space Gods" used by many star-faring races. On their last evaluation visit to Earth-616 in the Fourth Host, the Celestials wiped all memory of their existence from most of humanity. The only entities remaining aware of the Celestials' existence were the Asgardians, who actively opposed the Celestials' unrevealed motives; the other pantheons; and Earth's Eternals and Deviants. In modern times, however, with the rise of superhumans, many superheroes rediscovered the existence of the Celestials.

Members: Arishem the Judge, Ashema, Black Celestial, Blue Ce-lestial, Brio of Life, Callus the Void, Celestial Destructor, Celestial Go-lem, Devron the Experimenter, Dreaming Celestial, Ea the Wise, Eson the Searcher, Exitar the Ex-terminator, Gamiel the Manipula-tor, Gammenon the Gatherer, Ce-lestial Madonna, Godhead, Groffon the Regurger, Hargen the Measur-er, Jemiah the Analyzer, Monolith Gatherer, Nezarr the Calculator, Obliteron, One Above All, Oneg the Prober, Progenitor, Scathan the Approver, Star Child, Tefral the Surveyor, The Celestial Gardener, The Red Celestial, The Red-Blue Celestial, Zgred the Sorrower, Ziran the Tester.

AVERAGE STATISTICS
F: MN(75)
A: UN(100)
S: CL3000
E: CL3000
R: CL1000
I: CL1000
P: CL1000

Health: 6175
Resources: CL 3000
Popularity: N/A

KNOWN POWERS:
Immortality: Celestials cannot be slain. If reduced to 0 Health or Endurance, a component can be re-moved from their armor that will force them into suspended animation.
  • Invulnerability: Cl3000 rank protection from physical and energy attacks.
  • Size: Celestials are immense. Towering over 2000 ft tall at their normal height. Exitar the Executioner is over 20,000 feet tall naturally. They may alter their size as they see fit.
Energy Generation & Control: Celestials may create and control all forms of energy at CL 1000 rank.

Mental Abilities: Celestials have demonstrated the following abilities and may utilize more as needed:
  • Clairvoyance: CL 1000
  • Telepathic Invisibility: CL 1000
  • Telepathy: CL 3000
Flight: Celestials may travel the cosmos at CL 5000 speeds.

Bi-Location: Each Celestial is able to simultaneously co-exist in a number of widely separated locations. Each instance possesses identical powers and abilities.

Bio-Physical Control: The Celestials have CL 1000 ability to alter life on a genetic level.

Internal Limbo: The interior of a Celestial’s armor appears to be a series of vast chambers recreating weird worlds throughout space and time. The chambers appear to be larger than the outer shell of the armor.

Internal Defenses: Each Celestial is inhabited by a variety of defensive organisms. These functions similar to antibodies against invaders.
  • Fliers: These green, winged hectapods possess the following powers:
    • F: GD A: GD S: RM E: RM; Health: 80
    • Plasma Generation: Rm/30
    • Flight: Ex/20
  • Acid Swarm: When these pink and purple saucers attack en masse, they possess the following:
    • F: MN A: GD S: UN E: GD; Health: 195
    • Acid: Ex/20 intensity
  • Replicoids: These are clones that resemble anyone the Celestial desires to imitate. Specialized Replicoids can be created for any purpose; they often are used as emissaries.:
    • F: RM A: EX S: EX E: EX; Health: 90
    • Invulnerability: Ex/20
Last edited by Sidious on Mon May 04, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Updates, New Death's Head, Deathlok, Celestials

Post by Goldar »

Very nice Celestials write up, including their powers and internal defenses.
Goldar

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Updates, New Death's Head, Deathlok, Celestials

Post by Goldar »

Very nice Celestials write up, including their powers and internal defenses.

I always liked their majesty and mystery!