Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Harley Quinn! Starfire! Batgirl! The Young X-Men!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

While on the topic of the young X-Men, I first saw Armor in the X-men anime. She had some pretty good feats with her armour there.
L-Space

Re: Ernst & Eye Boy

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote:-Eye Boy is one of the goofy new characters created for the new Wolverine & The X-Men series, and is predictably covered entirely in eyes. This lets him see into various spectrums, see Magic (he saw snakes & stuff twirling through the air), and more, which is fairly expensive, but as yet he's a mostly-untrained student, so his Power Level is ultra-low. Also, humorously enough, I forgot I built someone with almost the same damn powers in Argus Panoptles, thus meaning I couldn't be lazy and just Cut & Paste my way to the build! I had to read all those Senses all over again!
I remember being super iffy about Wolverine & The X-Men when it first came out, but ended up thoroughly enjoying the zaniness of it. I enjoyed Eye Boy's self-deprecating attitude, but also showing how his ability were giving him increased perceptive abilities (picking up on people's body language cues) and him learning that he was crack shot with ranged weapons. It was nice to see a new mutant not just being instantly great with his powers.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Re: Template

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Amber was a shape-shifter whose base form was green and reptilian.
Choir has several mouths on her neck and could throw her voice.
Eleanor Sandford just had spotted skin.
Forearm had long arms.
Jeb Guthrie could shoot beams/blasts of electric fire from his eyes.
Longneck had a slightly longer than normal neck.
Walter Lambert was a baseline human.
Sweet- time to edit! I can't remember which source I was using (probably Wikipedia), but it left out info for those guys.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote:So Jab, speaking of girl-centric tv shows- did you ever get around to watching RWBY?
The first episode made my eyes hurt, so I never got that into it. Do they ever fix the animation weirdness?

Also, my "to watch" pile remains insane and excessive.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Flubber

Post by Jabroniville »

FLUBBER (Nick Shelley)
Created By:
Peter Milligan & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: X-Men #171 (Aug. 2005)
Group Affiliations: X-Students
Role: Background Character, Stretchy Guy
PL 6 (74)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Improved Defense, Ranged Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Rubber Body"
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) [9]
Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) [5]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Enlarged Hands" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Elongation 3 [3]
Morph 2 (Objects) (Flaws: Simple Objects Only, Retains Colours) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +6, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 6 (74)

-Flubber actually looks pretty awesome. So of course he never got a name, characterization or even a revelation of what happened to him post-M-Day. He lost his powers (apparently a combo of Mr. Fantastic & jumping-people) and then vanished.

-Not sure if he actually possessed "Shape Shifting" (little is known about him, and Wiki says this, but it doesn't appear on other bios), so I'll go with a simple Morph, in addition to a small "grab bag" of assorted powers that come with having an odd bodily composition.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Glob Herman

Post by Jabroniville »

GLOB HERMAN (Herman Garner)
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Ethan Van Sciver
First Appearance: New X-Men #117 (Oct. 2001)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, The Omega Gang, The Hellfire Academy
Role: Dumb Muscle, Obvious Freak
PL 8 (97)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)
Intimidation 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Bio-Parrafin Wax Skeleton Covering"
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Protection 7 [7]
Features 1: Increased Mass 1 [1]
Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) [2]
Immunity 10 (Heat/Fire Effects) (Extras: Affects Others) [20]
Blast 3 (Flaws: Source- Flame) [3]
Burning Aura 2 (Flaws: Source- Flame) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +10, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss (Ablative Wax)- Glob Herman's bio-parrafin wax can be flecked off in small amounts, reducing all of his powers with each strike. He can take a LOT of damage before being reduced to nothing, though, so it's not a common occurence.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 6 (97)

-Glob Herman was the most recognizable of the Omega Gang, being a great example of the "Gross Mutant" type that occasionally gets left off to the side with all the tights-wearing hotties bulging out of their spandex & leather. He has a pretty cool appearance & power-set, but had been completely ignored after Grant Morrison's run on the books until Jason Aaron's run, which features him as a recurring background jerk who eventually quits Wolverine's school to join The Hellfire Academy.

-Glob Herman is a Class 25, very durable kind of guy, but his powers may lose effectiveness the more he's hit (best handled as a Complication, since it rarely seems to come up) until he's left with a thin layer of wax over his skeleton. He's a PL 7.5-ish Powerhouse, which might seem a bit high for a guy who features in only a handful of stories, but using the Power-boosting drug Kick, he's able to handle Cyclops, Xorn & Beast single-handedly until they wear him down.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Gentle & Gloom

Post by Jabroniville »

GENTLE (Nezhno Abidemi)
Created By:
Craig Kyle, Chris Yost & Mark Brooks
First Appearance: The New X-Men #23 (xxxxx)
Role: Growing Guy
PL 9 (85)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 2/12 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (History) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+4, +8 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Trance

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Massive Muscle Growth"
Growth 10 (Str & Sta +10, +10 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -10 Stealth) -- (36 feet) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Fatigue, Always Occurs at Half-Effect with Vibranium Tattoos) [10]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

"Freakish Speed at Large Size" (Flaws: Limited to Large Size)
Enhanced Dodge 4 [2]
Enhanced Parry 4 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Massive Growth +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+5 Growth, DC 16-15), Parry +6 (+5 Growth, DC 16-15), Toughness +2 (+12 Growth, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +4 (+14 Growth), Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (No Sense of Touch)
Responsibility (Fatal Powers)- Gentle's powers will likely kill him someday, so he uses them sparingly. The elder X-Men will generally not even allow him to fight.
Prejudice (Half-Russian)- Gentle is not fully accepted by the xenophobic society of Wakanda- despite being annoyed by his fellow students, he feels they are the only ones who can accept him normally.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 10 (85)

-Gentle's kind of an off-and-on character. He's on the Junior X-Men teams, but runs off to Wakanda and does stuff with Storm on his off-time, since he's not one of the CORE cast. So yeah, he's a rare combo of a mutant & a Wakandan, and he's a Growing Guy hero. He outright states that his powers will some day kill him, so he often doesn't get involved in fights unless he really HAS TO (he's also a bit of a pacifist I think).

-There's not a WHOLE lot to go on here, but he's a PL 9 Growth-based guy, limited by a Fatigue Side-Effect on his power (that's normally a -2 modifier, but goes to -1 since he's got those special Vibranium Tattoos on him- they're pretty much fused to his skin, and they reduce the normal Affliction's effect by half). This makes him KIND OF dangerous, but also pretty useless in a long-running situation, as he's drop dead before you even got through a few dozen fights.

GLOOM (Jordan Lewis)
Created By:
Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir & Keron Grant
First Appearance: New Mutants #3 (Sept. 2003)
Group Affiliations: The Hellions, X-Students, The Young X-Men
Role: One-Shot Character
PL 3 (30)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 1

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1)

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Induce Blindness"
Concealment 2 (Visual Senses) (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Cloud +2) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blades +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Suffocation +7 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 5 (30)

-Gloom is a one-shot character that can disable someone's eyesight with a touch. He harassed Bishop & Sage along with Tantra, and I don't think he ever got another appearance. He probably died in the Bus Explosion of Character-Wiping, but we never got the info for sure. Likely, someone at Marvel just forgot about the little Jawa-looking dude.

-All I have to go on is a picture and a mini-description- he looks like he might be short in the pic, but I can't tell. Now THAT's a hard character to really define. Best just make him slightly weak, and use the Template in it's basest form for this guy. He's as minor-league as it gets, being able to blind people (best to use Dazzle Visuals) with a touch (a Flaw). Just a weakling, really.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Indra

Post by Jabroniville »

INDRA (Paras Gavaskar)
Created By:
Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir
First Appearance: New X-Men: Academy X #7 (2004)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, Young X-Men
Role: Funny-Skinned Kid, Fighting Pacifist
PL 7 (62)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+5)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Interpose, Ranged Combat 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Sectional Armour Plates"
Protection 7 (Extras: Impervious 7) [14]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Armour Plates +5 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +9, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Indra has purple skin.
Responsibility (Jain Faith)- Indra's Jain belief system believes in total nonviolence- even the act of self-defense causes him great persona anguish.
Responsibility (Pained Transformation)- Accessing his armoured plates actually hurts a fair bit- Indra believes this to be the Yakshas (Gods) punishing him for his transgressions.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 10 (62)

-Indra's rarely seen, but interesting enough of a visual that he's actually got to STAY ALIVE in a crew full of dead background characters. He's an Indian mutant who's got purple skin and the ability to create armour plates all over his body. He was pretty much always just seen as wallpaper during the various "X-Student"-themed series out there, but thanks to a distinctive visual, got to be the least well-known of the 27 remaining students who kept their powers after M-Day. However, the deaths of numerous fellow students, and the fact that he was now one of the youngest mutants on Earth, left him paranoid and fearful (which... well, makes perfect sense, really. A D-league X-MEN character? You couldn't PAY me to be that!). The fact that he beleives in a non-violent faith and feels tremendous guilt over using his powers in combat only makes his angst more pronounced. After a few stories of getting a bit more focus, he ended up joining Wolverine's "Jean Grey School For Higher Learning", but never got any attention there.

-Nothing too major- he's just a fairly defensive character (PL 7 there), with some weaker PL 6 offense, making him quite a bit better than the usual rank & file students, but not enough to be a full-time super-hero just yet. He looks pretty ripped in "armour form", but I took that to be a Strike power given the heaviness of a sectional plate or something, but if anyone can confirm he has super-strength, please let me know.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ink

Post by Jabroniville »

INK (Eric Gitter)
Created By:
Marc Guggenheim & Yanick Paquette
First Appearance: Young X-Men #1 (March 2008)
Group Affiliations: The Young X-Men
Role: Background Character
PL 8 (109)
STRENGTH
2/10 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Insight 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Taunt

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: None"

"Mutant-Given Tattoos"
"Banded Steel- Left Arm" Enhanced Strength 8 (16) -- [20]
  • AE: "Biohazard Symbol- Right Palm" Affliction 8 (Fort; Hindered & Impaired/Immobile & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition) (16)
  • AE: "Mental Bolts- Head" Mind-Reading 8 (16)
  • AE: "Explosive- Right Bicep" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (16)
  • AE: "Caduceus- Right Hand" Healing 8 (16)
"Wings- Back" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Banded Steel +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Biohazard +6 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Mental Bolts -- (+8 Mind-Reading, DC 18)
Explosive +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Guilt (The Death of Wolf Cub)- Initially duped by Donald Pierce, Ink was partially-responsible for the death of Wolf Cub, and feels terrible about this, despite his criminal past.
Power Loss (Touching Tattoos)- Ink must touch the individual tattoos on his skin to utilize each power. If his arms are bound, or he loses his skin, he loses power.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 14 (109)

-Oh yeah, terrific- someone added a "I have every power EVER" type of character to another mutant team. Great job, guys. Now, Ink wasn't SO bad, because he had to touch little tattoos all over his body to gain some fairly-limited powers, but still- X-guys are kinda notable for being one-or-two power guys (Emma Frost notwithstanding...), so this is really out there. But then they do something WEIRDER, by making it so that Ink is HUMAN, and it's his TATTOO ARTIST that is giving him super-powers! And then he gets a PHOENIX FORCE symbol tattooed over his eye, and it lets him mimic THAT. No, really, someone wrote that. Of course, he used it once and then went into a potentially-irreversible coma (or else he'll go evil and get a power-upgrade like Wither did), though he showed up in a couple background scenes later on.

-Ink's powers thus aren't really HIS powers, but I guess they technically ARE, since they won't exactly go away ("Tattoo Removal" isn't so much a Complication since it takes so damn long- unless you just tear off the skin, I guess). For the Leon Nunez character, whose concept is that of a "Mutant Tattoo Artist" who can give other people powers, I guess you'd have to go with Affects Others Only Continuous Variable- Limited to Applied Tattoos & Skill Check Required- Tattoo Artistry (6 points per rank). This is probably furiously broken and inapplicable, since he can just add tons of tattoos on at once, but whatever- he's more of a plot device character than something I'd ever want to stat up.

-As for Ink himself, he's a pretty simple, cheap set of Alt-Effects, though most GMs would be a little annoyed at a player who shoved that many disparate powers onto one guy for 32 points. He has to touch the Tattoo, but then gains the full power until he switches back out. I don't know if he can actually use the powers simultaneously, but I figured "Why not?" for the dissimilar ones. He's a bit higher PL-wise than his buddies, but a fair bunch cheaper. He's also got that "Phoenix Force" tattoo to use, but I figure that since he only used it once, and it pretty much killed him, it's a one-time-only thing the Player Character uses when he's got to quit the game because he got a girlfriend or something, so the GM lets him do one final cool thing for free :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Icarus

Post by Jabroniville »

This can't possibly be meant to look romantic, can it?

ICARUS (Joshua Guthrie)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & William Johnson
First Appearance: Rom Annual #3 (1984)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, The Hellions
Role: De-Powered & Killed
PL 9 (94)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Farming) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Art) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 7 (+7)
Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Music) 6 (+8)
Perception 5 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Favored Environment (Airborne), Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Wings & Healing"
"Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrowth) [6]

"Sonic Yell" Dazzle Hearing 9 (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) [18]
Features 1: Mimicry- +10 to Deception/Perform to Convince Audience Sounds are Real [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Sonic Yell +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2 (+3 Uniform), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Jay will lose his healing abilities if his wings are severed.
Guilt (People He Loves Die)- Jay has a lot of guilt over the people he knows dying, ever since his girlfriend died.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 10 (94)

-Never really got into Jay Guthrie (yes, he's the same little brother of Sam that showed up a few times in New Mutants way back in the day to play guitar and be a kid and stuff). He was a little too proto-emo, whining & moping constantly over his dead girlfriend (they copied Romeo & Juliet for his backstory, adding a rival family to the Guthrie clan- but he recovered from his suicide attempt), playing the guitar while being sad & pretty, and he generally didn't get up to much. And then he hooked up with REVEREND STRYKER, telling him about the bus of de-powered students that was leaving (after some manipulation), which basically makes it his fault that Tag and all those other kids died (TAG'S BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS, YOU LITTLE ASSHOLE!!). And then he got his wings torn off (which killed off his Regeneration). And then he got shot and died. Wow, seriously, that is some Hank Pym-level screw-upsmanship right there. I am in awe of how bad this guy got it. I coulda done without Sam & Paige having a dead sibling to mourn (though really, X-continuity being what it is, I'd be surprised if they even mentioned it), especially once MORE GUTHRIE KIDS DIED.

-Icarus has a bizarre grab-bag of powers, having Regeneration (but only if his wings are intact), the ability to mimic any sound/sounds he hears (thankfully I'd already built that power with Kylun of "Excalibur", and really, who the HELL ever thought we'd see that power used TWICE?), and Flight. So Jay's in pretty good shape, he can recover from most types of damage in time, and he can fight okay... but really, beyond a fairly good PL 9 Dazzle effect, he's VERY limited, especially compared to his buddies (he's only PL 5-5.5 defensively!). That'll happen when all you have is some wings and self-healing powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jeffrey Garrett

Post by Jabroniville »

JEFFREY GARRETT
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: X-Treme X-Men #20 (March 2003)
Status: Killed in Xorn/Magneto's Attack on the X-Mansion, Then Died During his De-Powering on M-Day
Role: Intangible Kid
PL 5 (164)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Ghost Form & Teleportation"
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Precise) [21]
Flight 2 (8 mph) [4]
"Invisibility" Concealment 2 (Visuals) [4]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 2 [2]

Teleport 10 (Extras: Accurate, Extended) Linked to Teleport 6 (Extras: Accurate, Extended, Attack +0, Perception-Ranged +2) [76]
"Teleport Weapons" Variable 3 (Weapon-Based Powers) (Flaws: Limited to Weapons, Limited to Things He's Personally Grabbed Pre-Fight) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude --, Will +3

Complications:
Quirk (Nudity)- Jeffrey's Teleporation tends to leave his subjects naked.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 152 / Defenses: 6 (164)

-Now this is a weird one. Jeffrey was a kid who had some complicated backstory (being hunted by his parents' enemy), but during the riots when "Magneto" (Retconned into Xorn) attacked (and blew up) the school, he was caught inside trying to find a picture of his deceased family, and was killed. Staying alive on Earth as a ghost, and harassing the New X-Men teams, he was killed AGAIN when M-Day happened, as losing his mutant powers caused his remaining form to discorporate.

-An Undead-type build, Jeffrey apparently can be hurt and affect the physical world, but has Ghost-like powers all the same. He is also a Teleporter first and foremost (having a few expensive additions to my least-favourite power for a hero to have), and has the unique trick of being able to throw out weapons from a Pocket Dimension he sets up before the battle. So it needs Variable, but Limited to weapons he's grabbed from other places.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Regarding Herman Glob, does it make sense to give him something for his ability to set himself on fire without hurting himself and being able to throw globs of himself? I never got the impression that it was terribly powerful, but decent against baselines and making people even less likely try to grab him.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote:
Spectrum wrote:So Jab, speaking of girl-centric tv shows- did you ever get around to watching RWBY?
The first episode made my eyes hurt, so I never got bad into it. Do they ever fix the animation weirdness?

Also, my "to watch" pile remains insane and excessive.
Nope, they stick with the same style, but you're old and crotchety, a real fuddy duddy, so it's okay :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Kidogo

Post by Jabroniville »

KIDOGO (Lazaro Kotikash)
Created By:
Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir
First Appearance: New X-Men: Academy X #12 (2005)
PL 7 (176)
STRENGTH
2/-2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Perception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Shrinking"
Shrinking 16 [32]
(-4 Strength, Speed -2, +8 Defenses, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (+10 Shrinking, DC 12-20), Parry +2 (+10 Shrinking, DC 12-20), Toughness +3 (+4 Uniform), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 4 (66)

-Here's an interesting idea- a Maasai-born superhero. Of course, he got no characterization whatsoever and was De-Powered after M-Day, and nobody ever bothered getting around to explaining if he was alive or not. What's funny is that size-altering powers may be the RAREST power-sets amongst X-people. I can only think of Delgado & Javitz of The Acolytes, and Tower of the Alliance of Evil. Psynapse I guess, but he's always that small. His power was a bit ironic, as he was one of the tallest X-kids by far in his unpowered form.

-Just a simple, low-powered Shrinking build. These guys suck unless they keep their base Strength or something- this guy's a PL 7 simply because he's so hard to hit at his lowest size, but I don't think a random student with little training could be expected to get many feats off of his powers.
Jabroniville

Kid Gladiator

Post by Jabroniville »

KID GLADIATOR (Kubark)
Created By:
Jason Aaron & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: Wolverine & The X-Men #1 (Dec. 2011)
PL 10 (178)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Space Character) 2 (+2)
Perception 2 (+2)
Intimidation 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Strontian Physiology"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Flight 10 (2,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (21) -- [22]
  • Dynamic AE: Quickness 6 (Feats: Dynamic) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
"Super-Vision" Senses 6 (Microvision 2- Cellular Sized, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [6]

"Heat Vision" Blast 12 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (30) -- [34]
  • AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 10 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (12.5)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (10)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Move Object 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16)
  • AE: "Freeze Breath" Snare 9 (27)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Shockwave +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Heat Vision +7 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Freeze Breath +7 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Kallark, Father)- Kid Gladiator is the son of the Shi'ar Emperor, Gladiator, and often disappoints him.
Power Loss (All Powers)- Strontians will lose all power if their convictions or confidence fails. Gladiator once had his ass whupped by Cannonball because of this, and his son is probably no different.
Weakness (Rare Radiation Type)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 84 / Defenses: 8 (180)

-Kid Gladiator was an early part of the Wolverine & The X-Men series, causing some fans a degree of annoyance because it's the old chestnut of "Suddenly Introduced Child" of an established character with enough focus that it SHOULD have been known that they had a kid. I mean, where the hell was this kid hiding during all those issues focusing on Kallark's relations with his Empire, the Imperial Guard, and that time he wiped out his FREAKING PEOPLE because the Emperor ordered him to!?!

-Kubark was an overconfident douchebag who was exiled from the Shi'ar Empire, and was obsessed with brawling, frequently annoying his teachers and bodyguard (Warbird). Despite a good bit of focus as one of the more active students, he was removed from the school by his father once the A vs. X Phoenix Force Possesses The X-Men thing happened and they beat Kallark to near-death. Kid Gladiator protested, but he was booted back to the Shi'ar Empire as the Phoenix Force was now "Earth's problem".

-Despite being a Strontian, among the most powerful beings in the universe, Kid Gladiator was more of a mid-tier Flying Brick, still fitting PL 10 status despite being a completely immature kid with very little experience. His physiology means he's strong AND fast, and he's a match for characters with DECADES more experience as a result.