3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Spectrum »

BladeWind, I'm about to drop a bunch of extra pp into

"My killbot. My Killbot. Everywhere I go, he goes.
My killbot. My Killbot. Everywhere I go, he goes.
My killbot and me like to climb up a tree
My killbot and me are the best friends that could be!
My killbot (My killbot) My killbot (My killbot)
My killbot and me!".

However, this might be one of those things that is better as narrative rather than mechanical abuse. If you can provide some guidelines on where I can spend those points, I'll see what I can do about putting in the points.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Tell you what... Post a Will Save, and then go with a description of what you want to do...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

You're probably going to ask for a willpower check: _: 1D20+14 = [19]+14 = 33
Wasn't going to ask for the Willpower this round actually... keep that 19 for next round. :lol:
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

And... have you heard anything from HH?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Haven't gotten back to his turn, since EO posted when required, I hadn't given it much thought...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Spectrum wrote:And... have you heard anything from HH?

AFAICT he has not been on these boards since November.

I hope he is okay!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Saddened a bit that nobody picked up on my dose of nostalgia.

Bladewind- sent you more information on what I'm looking to do with the power.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

*starts whistling No More Mr Nice Guy while waiting for a reply from Bladewind* :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Got it and will respond accordingly... probably during the day tomorrow.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Horsenhero, are you still out there ?

I will be having Bastion join us, he'll be posting his sheet as soon as he sees my PM...
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bastion

Sebastion El
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Languages: English, Interlac

bas·tion
basCH(ə)n,ˈbastēən/
noun

1. a projecting part of a fortification.

2. an institution, place, or person strongly defending or upholding particular principles, attitudes, or activities.

Legacy

This reality's Superboy is a genetically engineered hybrid created by Project Cadmus using DNA from Lex Luthor and Jon Lane Kent, whose body is retrieved by Luthor and not the Harvester. This means that none of the Jon Lane as Superboy stories ever happened, though Jon himself was still the son of Kal-El and Lois Lane from an alternate reality. Jon dies during the vivisection required to extract his genetic material. Therefore this version of Superboy is a powerful telekinetic without the overt Kryptonian suite of powers and flaws. I like the idea that he was engineered to mimic Superman rather than just having the same powers.

In this reality, Superboy's first love Tana Moon is never murdered. She lives, but eventually Kon-El leaves her for Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark. He otherwise has many of the same exploits, including adventuring in the 31st century and becoming an honorary Legionnaire, before finally "dying" at the hands of Superboy Prime and being buried for a thousand years.

Meanwhile in alternate reality, things took a darker turn with the destruction of the Justice League. Kon-El assumes the name of Superman, but breaks bad when Deathstroke murders Tana Moon, capturing and torturing the mercenary. Tim Drake takes on the mantle of the Bat...and Joe Chill's gun, using it to execute most of his mentor's long-standing rogue's gallery. Cassie Sandsmark becomes the new Wonder Woman, but in a darker aspect as the chosen champion of Ares. She is torn between the affection of Kon-El and Drake, but chooses to be with Tim in the end. Together they form a totalitarian regime as the Titans, ruling over the western US with an iron fist.

During the events of Infinite Crisis, the Teen Titans from the first reality are transported to the second where they meet their dark counterparts. The Teen Titans are able to escape back to their reality but are followed by the Titan's and their opposition in the form of the Titans East under the leadership of Cyborg 2.0 and Bart Allen. While there the first Wonder Girl is able to get through to Titan Kon-El, and he turns on his teammates. Tim Drake nearly shoots and kills Kon-El with a Kryptonite bullet, but Titan Flash Bart Allen interposes and is slain instead. In the end the Titans are defeated by the combined might of the Teen Titans and the Titans East and Titan Superman (alt Kon-El) decides to stay in the first reality with the other Teen Titans, becoming Superboy again. When he finds out their Tana Moon never died, he reaches out to her and the two are married. When the original Superboy is resurrected in the 31st century and returned to the past by Braniac 5, an older Kon-El, Tana Moon, and their 5 year old son Sebastion return with him to the future, where Kon-El joins the Legion under a new name, The Centurion. In the 31st Century, that was fourteen years ago, and 6 years after the original founding of the Legion.

Bastion

Bastion, as pretty much everyone calls him, took well to growing up in the far future. He was well-received by the Legion, and came of age alongside many of the current generation, groomed to one day take on the ring and responsibilities himself. That day came upon his 16th birthday, making him now two years an active member, and one year in reserve.

He has many of the qualities you would think of in a stereotypical jock, cocky and competitive, much like his father once was. He's never one to turn down a dare, a race, a fight, or any other youthful status-seeking behavior, but his golden boy good looks, infectious charm, and natural ability to read others keep him from coming across like bully or a boor and he is very popular among his peers. While he doesn't shy away from his own talent, he will always be the first to complement another's achievement, and is a good sportsman whether winning or losing, so long as the competition played fair.

His telekinetic power didn't express itself until puberty but even as a child he was drawn to and excelled at future sports. With things being so quiet in the UP until recently, he downgraded to reserve status to sign on with the Metahuman Hyperdisc League where he is fast becoming a star player.

In his downtime, Bastion is an avid collector and connoisseur of early 21st century music, media, and memorabilia, which are a nostalgic link to his living but distant past. Some of his favorites include experimental artists like Flume or Radiohead. He has a collection of hand-built super-charged motorcycles on display in his garage, more out of appreciation for the craftsmanship, culture, and derring-do around their history than as a means of personal transportation. Far and away his favorite television show from childhood is J.J. Abrams' Fringe.

His arch-nemesis, if you will, is the Nemesis Kid, who in this reality went to prep-school with many of the Legionnaires, apparently even then an undercover plant from the League of Supervillains. Aside from being able to generate blasts that can penetrate his field, the Kid took the opportunity of humiliating Bastion in the hyper disc arena, and at one point even poached the girl he was going to ask to the Starlight Ball. More than a villain, that guy is just a jerk!

Metabilities

Sebastion has the ability to generate a powerful polarized telekinetic repulsor field around his body. This field offers incredible physical protection and will violently knock back anything that comes into contact with it. As a side effect this makes his appearance immaculate; dirt will not stick to him, rain bounces off, and his clothing can never be damaged. This field is self-regenerating, but hard enough hits that get through can still stagger and daze him. He can also use it's reflective properties to ricochet projectiles and beams back at the attacker.

When extended away from his body, it becomes nearly impossible for all but the strongest of metahumans to approach him. He is also capable of hardening the outer edges of this field into an even more protective bubble that moves with him.

By directing the thrust of this repulsor field, he is also capable of low supersonic movement along the ground, or prodigious leaps into the air.

Complications

Motivation: Responsibility
The responsibility to use his powers for good. To protect those weaker than himself. His father will always be his first hero.

Motivation: Thrillseeking
Despite his heroic inclinations, Sebastian isn't above the thrill of competition, especially against a worthy rival.

Celebrity
Bastion is something of a sensation and is often accosted by fans, stalkers, jealous rivals, or those who want to make their reputation by bringing him down.

Enemy: Nemesis Kid
A prep-school rivalry turned full-blown archenemies. While their grudge is well-documented, neither can remember what truly set it off. Some people just inherently rub each other the wrong way, and it escalated from there.

Archetype: Tank/Striker
PL 11/195 PP

Hero Points: 2 (as of 6/7/17)

Attributes (22)
Str 3
Sta 4
Dex 0
Agi 2
Fig 0
Int 0
Awa 0
Pre 2

Powers (97)

Force Field
- [Protection 12 (Sustained)] 12
- [Linked: Immunity 13 (Sustained) Critical Hits, Airborne/Topical Contaminants, Entrapment, Slams] 13
- [Linked: Regeneration 5 (Persistent, Limited: Damage Only, Sustained)] 5
- [Linked: Feature 1: Immaculate (Sustained)] 1
- [Enhanced Trait: Ultimate Toughness] 1
- [Deflect 6 (Reflect, Burst, Close, vs Ranged Attacks Only, Accurate 2)] 8

Force Vector Array (Static: 9 Points)
1. Thrust Vector
- [Speed 9] 9
2. Pulse Jump
- [Leaping 9] 1

Force Field Array (Static: 44 Points)
1. Repulsor Shield
- [Move Object 11 (Damaging, Reaction: Contact, Close, Limited Direction: Away)] 44
2. Repulsor Field
- [Move Object 11 (Damaging, Burst Area, Selective, No Dodge, Close, Limited Direction: Away)] 1
3. Harden Field
- [Create 11 (Continuous, Impervious, Movable, Selective, Close, Limited: Single Bubble)] 1
4. Repulsor Beam
- [Move Object 12 (Damaging, Multiattack, Limited Direction: Away, Accurate 5, Improved Critical 3)]
5. Polarity Bounce
- [Move Object 10 (Multiattack, Limited Direction: Towards), Linked Move Object 10 (Damaging, Multiattack, Limited Direction: Away, Limited: Toward Move Object must succeed in pulling target to close range), Improved Critical 4]

Skills (22)
Athletics +12 (+15)
Insight +9 (+9)
Intimidation +12 (+14)
Perception +9 (+9)
Persuasion +12 (+14)
Ranged Attack (Reflect) +12 (+16)

Advantages (28)
Attractive 2
Benefit: Legionnaire
Connected
Close Combat 11
Evasion 2
Fearless
Improved Defense
Improved Disarm
Improved Smash
Instant Up
Interpose
Move-by Action
Takedown 2
Teamwork
Uncanny Dodge
Weapon Bind
Weapon Break
Well Informed

Initiative: +2

Defenses (28)
Dodge 4 (6)
Parry 6 (6)
Toughness 0 (16)
Fortitude 7 (11)
Will 11 (11)

Equipment

Flight Ring (Removable -6 points)
9 Point Dynamic Array
1. [Flight 4 (Aquatic, Dynamic)]
2. [Enhanced Flight: 2 Dynamic)]
3. [Enhanced Strength: Power-Lifting 9 (Does not stack with existing strength bonuses, Dynamic)]
- Comm Link [Communication 4]

Transsuit (Removable -3 points)
- Environmental Independence [Immunity 9: Disease, Poison, All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation (Selective)]
- Quick Change [Feature 1]

Telepathic Earplug (Removable -2 points)
- [Comprehend 2]
- [Linked Mental Communication 2]

Experience
Earned: 3

Purchases:
+ 1 Alternate Effect: 1
+ 1 Alternate Effect: 1
+ 3 Intimidation: 1
Last edited by TekHed on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Here I am!

A shame this forum doesn't support all my beautiful formatting from Ronin. Ah well, I have edited it for this site.

Edit: So one idea I had is that Bastion was recalled from the 21st century where he was hanging out as a Reserve.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That has potential - alternatively, he was on another team and was reassigned? I will be getting there soon...
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Well he's such a 21st Century buff and it's so nostalgic for him, that he'd jump at any mission to go back there. Its sort of how I imagined where he was when the game first started without me. :D
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Then that`s how I shall go with it !