Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Vindicator

Post by Jabroniville »

VINDICATOR (Heather MacNeil Hudson, aka Guardian II)
Created By:
John Byrne & Chris Claremont
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #139 (Nov. 1980)
Role: Unwilling Team Leader, Nerdy Girl, Flying Blaster
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight, Department H
PL 10 (175)
STRENGTH
0/7 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7)
Deception 6 (+7)
Expertise (Computers) 2 (+3)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+5)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Notice 5 (+7)
Persuasion 7 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 2 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Interpose, Leadership, Luck, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Powers:
"Guardian Battlesuit" (Flaws: Removable) [92]
Enhanced Strength 7 (14)
Protection 6 (6)
Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
"Cybernetic Link" Communication (Electronic) 2 (8)
"Computerized Senses" Senses 11 (Infravision, Direction Sense, Radar- Accurate Radius, Sonar- Ultrasonic Hearing- Accurate, Detect Energy- Acute) (11)

"Super-Powerful Energy Field"
Force Field 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) (13)
Enhanced Advantages 2: Withstand Damage, Ultimate Toughness Save (2)

"Electro-Magnetic Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating) (38) -- (44)
  • AE: "Concussion Wave" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Penetrating) (30)
  • AE: "Plasma Funnel" Snare 10 (Flaws: Limited to One Target) (20)
  • AE: "Graviton Beam" Move Object 9 (18)
  • AE: "Flare" Dazzle Visuals 10 (20)
  • AE: "Ultrasound Beam" Dazzle Hearing 10 (20)
  • AE: "Shunt- Suspend Position to the Earth's Rotation" Flight 6 (total 14: 32,000 mph) (Flaws: Limited Uses) (6)
-- (114 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Unarmed Suit +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Blasts +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Dazzles & Funnel +10 (+8-10 Ranged Affliction, DC 18-20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+8 Suit, +13 Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (James MacDonald Hudson)- Mac & Heather have been married for years, despite the fact that he keeps dying. They remain close, despite Wolverine's crush on Heather, and the fact that Madison Jeffries was with her after Mac died the first time.
Relationship (Madison Jeffries)- Heather & Madison were actually engaged for a time, but she hooked back up with Mac, and he went with Diamond Lil.
Responsibility (Department H, Canadian Government)- Heather gets stuck as a government stooge a lot of the time, being the sometimes-leader of the team.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 92 / Defenses: 17 (175)

-Heather Hudson was introduced as a "Woman From Logan's Past" (WAY before that ever became a giant cliche, too!)- in this case, an old friend who was married to his pal/boss, James "Mac" Hudson. John Byrne, her creator, had always intended her to be a "Homebase" kind of character, and lead the team from behind the scenes once her husband died (Byrne offed Guardian, viewing him as a one-note generic character), and hated it when the next writer on the book immediately threw her into a pair of super-tights and had her lead the team on the front lines ("that was such a cliche, I thought"). But of course that's the kind of thing that usually happens in comics- never mind that she was totally unqualified to be a field leader (she was a SECRETARY!).

-Heather, as Vindicator (one of many X-related characters & things to adopt an plane's name) ended up leading Alpha Flight for MUCH longer than Mac ever did, bringing it through many years of storylines. It turned out that she was one of many "taken" women that Logan had fallen in love with (dude has a type. That type is "women who are married/engaged/in love with someone else"). Initially, her character was more or less an "I'm in way over my head here, so my reaction to problems will be to order everyone around and be mean", but she more or less grew into the job after a point (one of a handful of Female Team Leaders in the '80s- joining Storm & Monica Rambeau). Unfortunately, as Alpha Flight was always a bottom-tier team, that didn't amount to much (much of her run involved screw-ups and team splits, anyways), and then GUARDIAN returned anyways!

-At this point, Heather becomes Guardian, and eventually she & Mac have a daughter. However, this was near the end of AF's run, and so they were cast into Marvel Limbo shortly thereafter. Mac was temporarily turned into a "barely above teenager" in a relaunched book, leading to some awkwardness with his adult wife (though really, both looked like perfect physical specimens anyways, so it's not like he was MILFhunting). Unfortunately, the Alpha books have been in a death-spiral over the past two decades- that relaunch failed pretty badly, and then the team was killed off by a collectively-empowered being (with the abilites of all of the Mutants who'd been de-powered on M-Day) in a move so casual that other characters even JOKED about it (Spider-Man: "Oh my God. He Alpha Flighted them."). Of course, this was undone pretty well immediately during Chaos War, and the whole team returned for ANOTHER relaunch... which also failed. It had amazing art, and strong early sales led to the "Limited Series" becoming an ongoing... but another spiral downwards led to that decision being reversed, and Heather's "temporarily brainwashed by the Evil Canadian Dictatorship" arc didn't go very far- she was acting out of character for the entire thing thanks to that, and so we probably saw less of her than of any of her teammates in the arc. She hasn't been seen in years, ever since she left Mac at the end of the story, going off on a road trip with her daughter, allowing Alpha Flight to do its thing.

-I kind of view Heather as probably the best all-around character in Alpha Flight's run, though I prefer a couple other characters based off of the strength of their concepts and costumes (Snowbird looks SO COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!). The sad thing is, even though she was leader for almost the entirety of the comic book's first run, MAC is the "Iconic Team Leader" in most people's eyes, and so his similarly-powered & costumed wife is almost always pushed to the second half of "Guardian and---". This is a continual problem for Alpha Flight, as the early squad split apart pretty quickly and added new members... but it's only John Byrne's original grouping that people remember with any level of fondness. Alpha Flight books always suffer from this "iconic, but actually kind of unpopular" roster problem, as two relaunches have failed with "All-New, All-Different!" teams, but the relaunched "Mostly the guys you remember!" team failed as WELL. Essentially, people will reject any of the newbies outright as "Not Proper Alpha Flight", but then not actually buy the PROPER Alpha Flight's book either!

-Heather stats up pretty much like Mac does, but is less strong in her basic form and easier to damage with a weaker Force Field, but makes up for it with greater maneuverability higher power with her Blasts (she's broken a LOT more stuff than Mac ever seemed to).

For her later run while Mac was ALSO on the team, she wore this power armour, resulting in a slightly more expensive build:

"Vindicator Geothermal Battlesuit" (Flaws: Removable) [96]
Enhanced Strength 7 (14)
Protection 6 (6)
Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
"Cybernetic Link" Communication (Electronic) 2 (8)
"Computerized Senses" Senses 11 (Infravision, Direction Sense, Radar- Accurate Radius, Sonar- Ultrasonic Hearing- Accurate, Detect Energy- Acute) (11)

"Super-Powerful Energy Field"
Force Field 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) (13)
Enhanced Advantages 2: Withstand Damage, Ultimate Toughness Save (2)
Immunity 5 (Heat Damage) (5)

"Ash Blast" Blast 8 Linked To Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (40) -- (44)
  • AE: "Lava Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating) (38)
  • AE: "Lava Geysers" Blast 10 (Feats: Indirect 1- From Below) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylindar) (31)
  • AE: "Cool Spring Water Mist" Environment 2 (Cold, Impede Movement, Visibility) (6)
  • AE: "Heat-Absorbing Blast" Absorption 12 (24)
-- (119 points)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Windshear

Post by Jabroniville »

WINDSHEAR (Colin Ashworth Hume)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Michael Bair
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #87 (Aug. 1990)
Role: Powersuit Guy
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight, Beta Flight, Roxxon Oil
PL 9 (145)
STRENGTH
1/8 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+4)
Expertise (Art) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+3)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Equipment, Ranged Combat 5, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Hard Air Creation"
"Hard-Air Propulsion" Flight 3 (16 mph) [6]

"Hard-Air Constructs" Create 8 (Feats: Subtle 2, Innate, Precise) (Extras: Movable, Continuous) (36) -- [46]
  • AE: "Hard-Air Battering Ram" Blast 9 (19)
  • AE: "Hard-Air Bullets & Needles" Blast 7 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (23)
  • AE: "Hard-Air Stream" Damage 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (18)
  • AE: "Explosive Pressure Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
  • AE: "Hard-Air Explosion" Damage 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (18)
  • AE: "Heavy Air" Snare 7 (Feats: Subtle 2) (23)
  • AE: "Poisonous Air" Affliction 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud, Cumulative) (26)
  • AE: "Hard-Air Respiratory Attack" Affliction 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (26)
  • AE: "Fill With Hard-Air" Affliction 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Strength; Hindered & Impaired/Prone & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (26)
    AE: Transform 4 (Liquids to Gases) (16)
"Windshear Armour" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Windshear Only) [30]
Enhanced Strength 7 (14)
Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons) (1)
Protection 6 (6)
"Enhanced Propulsion" Flight 5 (500 mph) (10)
Senses 1 (Radio) (1)
Enhanced Skills 4: Ranged Combat (Hard-Air) 4 (+9) (2)
-- (34 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Armour +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Explosive Pressure Punch +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Hard-Air Blast +9 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Hard-Air Bullets +9 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Area Attacks +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Heavy Air +9 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Affliction Attacks +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+8 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Mentoring Beta Flight)- Windshear took great pride in helping the Beta Flight kids along.
Power Loss (Control)- In addition to his Armour allowing him heightened accuracy, Colin requires the suit to properly utilize many of his abilities- he's always a sledgehammer, but the specialized Armour allows him to use precision. Without the Armour, he may lose many Advantages or Power Feats.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 82 / Defenses: 16 (145)

-I actually like this forgotten dude. Actually, I've never read a comic featuring ol' Windshear, but I find him actually interesting, with a unique power. His "Hard-Air" powers are similar to the Invisible Woman's, except he's ALSO a guy in power armor. See, his thing is that he lacks control of his powers without his armour, so he's kind of like two heroes in one, but nothing works that well if he's out of the armour. Of course, his run in Alpha Flight was REALLY short, with a "mentor" role over Beta Flight and that's about it, as he sort of kicked around as most 'post-Byrne' members of the team did, never did anything important, and basically just vanished from the team.

-Windshear was a super-powered operative of Roxxon Oil (their "Exxon" stand-in and general "Oil companies are evil" example) who quit when he discovered how ugly their practices really were. He ended up on Alpha Flight when he partnered up with Guardian, and sort of became a mentor to the Beta Flight guys. As these were the final years of the Alpha Flight book, he never amounted to much, and quietly vanished when the book died. He was later revealed to have been De-Powered after M-Day, and was fighting crime in Toronto as the non-powered Chinook.

-Not an easy guy to stat. Since he's never been a major player, but is fairly powerful, he sits at PL 9, but more like PL 8.5 Offense, 8 Defense. But he's got a TON of powers, a few of which work best with his Armour on- namely his accuracy and Flight Speed. I'm not sure if any of his Power Feats are possible without the armour or not. His defense was tough to figure out, as he somehow gets to add Force Field Guy onto Armour Guy, giving him a REALLY huge Toughness Save if you don't calm down on both of them. He's got a very versatile set-up with his Hard-Air attacks though, working in Melee and possessing quite a few Extra-worthy Area attacks, Line, Multiattack, Burst, etc. With a lot of ingenuity, you could go VERY far with a charcter like this.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Puck

Post by Jabroniville »

PUCK I (Eugene Milton Judd)
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #1 (Aug. 1983)
Role: Melee Fighter
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight, Beta Flight, Gamma Flight
PL 10 (164)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 8
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Acrobatics 8 (+15)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Adventurer) 10 (+13)
Expertise (History) 9 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+10, +14 Size)
Technology 2 (+5)
Treatment 1 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Dozens), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Possessed by the Black Raazer"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Hyper-Dense Physiology"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 6 (60 mph) [6]
Power-Lifting 2 (12 tons) [2]
Immunity 4 (Pressure, Cold, Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Heather Hudson)- Eugene helped Heather get over her husband's death, and mentored her in taking over Alpha Flight. During the course of these events, Eugene fell in love with her. This wracks him with both guilt and fear, for he is essentially going after a widow, and he knows that she could never feel for him the way he does for her.
Responsibility (Constant Pain/The Black Raazer)- Eugene is wracked with near-constant pain, first thought to be a result of the condition that gave him dwarfism, but eventually it was fully revealed that it was because of the demonic possession of the Black Raazer. This was, of course, a retcon, but it's still canon. Eventually Raazer was excized, but a complicated thing involving The Master and Sasquatch working some funky machine made him a dwarf again.
Responsibility (Dwarf)- The world isn't built for people Judd's height. People take him less seriously, women take little interest in him (not that he doesn't try), etc.
Involuntary Transformation (Raazer's Possession)- If The Black Raazer is ever expelled from Judd's body, he will attain his normal, tall height. Unfortunately, this means that he reverts to his true age as well- that of an elderly man.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 8 (164)

Seriously, DWARF is the Best Name We Could Come Up With?:
-OK, a big aside here: Can we come up with a BETTER NAME for people afflicted with the various conditions that cause them to grow ultra-short and squat? "Midget" is apparently only applied to people of small size, but proportionate limbs (a condition that has mostly been cured as far as I know- The Wizard of Oz film's munchkins were apparently a dying breed), and has become an "N-Word" like pejorative to the "little people" community (I normally have little sympathy for people who decide to follow the Euphemism Treadmill and turn EVERY word into something un-PC & offensive, but since the term isn't even technically applicable, and short people have it pretty bad, I figure I'll acquiesce this time). The term "Dwarf" is commonly-accepted, but every damn time I hear the term, the first thing to come to mind is "-- AND MY AXE!", ie. it's just too commonly-associated with the fantasy creatures. "Little people" just comes across as a diminutive, childish name, in spite of that being the most popular PC term currently- never mind the fact that is seems a bit too simplistically descriptive (like... Kristin Chenoweth is 4'11". She is both little and a person. How would a term like "Little People" NOT apply to her?). Plus, it's too many damn syllables and words.

The Origins of Puck:
-Puck is one of the first characters Byrne added to Alpha Flight when Marvel basically forced him to write it. Realizing that the characters he's created initially were kind of weak, he wanted to put in some new blood, and for some reason this meant a one-meter tall individual whose name was a pun on Canada's national sport. Puck was given the "old adventurer" gimmick, and was an agile little fireball of a dude, but it took the second writer, Bill Mantlo, to add in some subplot about him being super-powered because of Black Raazer, an Arabic demon that inhabited his body and made him small. Byrne HATED this change (Judd was based off of a friend of his with achondroplasty, a condition that causes dwarfism), much like he hated every single other change ever made to one of his characters (I find myself defending Byrne from his detractors sometimes, but it's like he refuses to change ANYTHING in comics, and wants to revert everything back to it's original form, y'know?), and yeah, it was kind of silly. More silly than a tiny man who is somehow a great fighter, I'm not sure I'd go that far.

-Me, I could never get into this character. He's just to... GOOFY for me to really appreciate, and he doesn't fit into the regular Marvel Universe. I mean, he's some tiny 3'6" man covered in more body hair than Wolverine, who fights by cartwheeling his way into people. And he wears a unitard with a head-mask and has A GIANT "P" on the front of his costume. The fact that he was a crime-fighting dwarf was silly enough (at least The Atom was just short but still obviously ripped and athletic, and he was from the Golden Age), but one who was a dwarf because he was possessed by an evil Arab spirit that... shrank him? I don't even mind that he's a Canadian stereotype (I know of only a handful of people who ever say "eh?"), it's just the silliness.

Puck's History:
-So yes, Puck was an old adventurer who found himself possessed by the demon within the Black Blade of Baghdad- Black Raazer infested Eugene Judd's body, turning the 7-foot-tall man into a 3'6" (aka one meter) tall shrimp. This also left him functionally ageless, as he was possessed in the 1920s, but remained fit and active enough to join Alpha Flight, fighting alongside them as a big of a "funny guy" supporting character in Byrne's run on the book. He gains a love interest in the widowed Heather Hudson (she would later hook up with Madison Jeffries before Mac Hudson returned to the book), and later becomes de-powered and tall again... this is quickly undone via different means, so he becomes short once more. He becomes a minor character during two cancellations of the Alpha Flight series, and is on the team that dies fighting The Collective, alongside his mystery, never-before-heard-of, daughter.

-Puck then makes a very strange appearance in Wolverine, when the X-Man is trapped in Hell by unknown forces. While there, Logan encounters PUCK of all people, and the two formulate a plan to escape- Puck is trapped, however, when another condemned soul throws him back into the pit. Despite this setback, he soon becomes the KING of Hell, having fought for the Devil's lost sword! This leads to the humorous sub-plot in the renewed Alpha Flight series that "Puck is weird", as he is resurrected alongside the rest of Alpha Flight, but is changed by his experience. Though he doesn't do anything REALLY insane, he acts in a very strange, unsettling manner, casually telling Mac things like "I was in Hell. I was the King. But I came back. For you." while staring straight at his leader, with a weird grin. He's since become a very minor character again, as the "King of Hell" aspect was dropped and he just became "that odd short guy who's always around in Canada-centric stories" again.

Puck's Stats:
-Yes, Puck is surprisingly effective and expensive, all things considered. I always figure this guy for a PL 9 or something, but then you get the full summation of his stats: He's super-strong (near Spidey-level by some regards, though the comics do NOT reflect that, and I penalize him accordingly to Power-Lifting and Strength 7), a great fighter, the most athletic guy around, he's seventy years old and has a Wolvie-like history of running around the world and gathering every skill known to man, and oh yeah, he's also super-durable (called "nearly invulnerable" at some points, but he really just takes some bullets and energy blasts and that's the end of it- this is strictly a "show, don't tell" kind of situation and I consider it mainly hearsay). He can still hang with people like Wolverine & Domino and not stick out like a sore thumb. Hell, in the recent Alpha Flight series, he engages in a fight with THE TASKMASTER, and wins! So it's mostly a scrap between old friends, but Puck manages to knock Tasky on his ass ("You can mimic my movements, but even YOU can't copy being ONE METER TALL!"), then reveals to have disarmed the mercenary of his pistol, and points it at the Taskmaster. The guy can only laugh his ass off, getting one-upped by an old pal.

-So Puck ends up a fairly pricey PL 10 (though he's PL 9.5 offensively), able to modify nearly all of his caps (he especially favours Defensive & Accurate Attack), goonsweep like crazy, and avoid tons of attacks. His Alphanex bio goes a BIT too far in describing himself as some uber-god of war (the guy sat out a whole fight in the Avengers/People's Protectorate/Alpha Flight story because he was so under-powered for it, and this was the same crossover that said he was invulnerable), but he's surprisingly decent. Problematically, he's had some power boosts over the years, so it's tough to figure out exactly where he lies on the scale.

PUCK I (Eugene Milton Judd)- Non-Powered
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #1 (Aug. 1983)
Role: Melee Fighter
PL 8 (137)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Acrobatics 8 (+15)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Adventurer) 10 (+13)
Expertise (History) 9 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+10, +14 Size)
Technology 2 (+5)
Treatment 1 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Dozens), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Hyper-Athletic For His Size"
Speed 1 (2 mph) [1]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Heather Hudson)- Eugene helped Heather get over her husband's death, and mentored her in taking over Alpha Flight. During the course of these events, Eugene fell in love with her. This wracks him with both guilt and fear, for he is essentially going after a widow, and he knows that she could never feel for him the way he does for her.
Responsibility (Constant Pain/The Black Raazer)- Eugene is wracked with near-constant pain, first thought to be a result of the condition that gave him dwarfism, but eventually it was fully revealed that it was because of the demonic possession of the Black Raazer. This was, of course, a retcon, but it's still canon.
Involuntary Transformation (Raazer's Possession)- If The Black Raazer is ever expelled from Judd's body, he will attain his normal, tall height. Unfortunately, 

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 29 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 9 (137)

-This build represents Puck in his debut, and what John Byrne always intended him to be- a dwarf with martial arts talent and physical conditioning enough to allow him near-peak-human stats and supreme agility. This makes him PL 7.5, which befits his earliest appearances as a goonsweeping miniaturized tough guy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (Alpha Flight- Guardian! Marrina! Vindicator! Puck!)

Post by danelsan »

Huh. Kinda weird for the guy most known for training villains (well, and for being an elite jobber despite having the combined moves of pretty much all the best fighters and acrobats in the Marvel Universe) to be buddies with a hero.

I mean, how many times has Taskmaster tried to kill heroes? How many times has he been working for "ultra-nazi" Red Skull and the like? Then again apparently the Marvel Canadian government is basically bureaucratic Satan and Puck works for them...
Jabroniville

Puck (The Hot One)

Post by Jabroniville »

PUCK II (Zuzha Yu)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Clayton Henry
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #1 (2004)
Role: Melee Fighter, Suddenly-Introduced Family Member
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight
PL 8 (88)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+9)
Expertise (Bar Owner) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: High Density"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Immunity 4 (Heat, Cold, Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Relationship (Major Mapleleaf)- The two were in the first stages of a relationship.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 7 (88)

-Yeah, there was a Puck II, in that terrible Lobdell run on the concept. And we saw Eugene Judd get added to the "Jefferson Pierce School of 20 Years of Continuity is Not Enough to Prove You Have No Children", having a multi-racial daughter with powers like his, who wasn't a dwarf, since of course dwarfs aren't physically attractive since they have stocky limbs and crap, and you CAN'T HAVE UNATTRACTIVE WOMEN IN COMICS! Except I've since seen TWO tiny women who are actually seriously attractive- Meredith Eaton and one of the Suicide Girls, who I swear to God is ultra-hot, even nude. Plus comics later gave us Ock-in-Spidey's Body's girlfriend Anna-Maria, who was adorbz.

-She was with the dead Alphans, just like her paramour Major Mapleleaf was... but like him, failed to return with the rest of Alpha Flight. Just a bad idea and a generic character design (not even a COSTUME, really- she's just some asian-looking chick in baggy jeans and a tube-top, along with some silly tattoos).

-As expected, she comes up pretty cheap, not being shown with many talents, what with her short run and all. She's PL 8 on offense and defense, which means she's not that great, especially since the key Alphans tend to be in the PL 10 range. She's supposed to be a good martial artist, but then so are a lot of people, and she can modify her caps just fine. Gotta love Alphanex's description of her strength levels: "somewhere in the 800 lbs. to 25 tons range"- seriously, is THAT what counts as an acceptable range these days?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spam

Post by Spam »

I can lift somewhere between 100 pounds and 10 tons. Of course, since I've never tried to lift more than that, I could probabaly just say that there is potentially no limit to my strength.
Jabroniville

Persuasion

Post by Jabroniville »

PERSUASION (Kara Killgrave, aka Purple Girl, The Purple Woman)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & David Ross
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #41 (Dec. 1986)
Role: Mind Controller, Side Character
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight, Beta Flight
PL 10 (105)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Pheromone-Based Mind Control"
Affliction 10 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Area- Scent Perception, Sustained +2, Selective) (Noticeable- Victims Turn Purple -1) [50]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pheromones +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Kara's skin is purple in appearance, and she won't pass for a normal human without lots of make-up.
Power Loss (Submerging)- If Kara's victims are submerged in water, her hold will be immediately broken.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 18 (105)

-Persuasion (originally given the HORRIBLE code-name "Purple Girl", which is even lamer than "Purple Man"-- it may be, in fact, the worst superhero code-name in world history) is the daughter of Zebediah Killgrave, the result of what is essentially long-term rape, as Killgrave controlled Kara's mother for years (he eventually fell in love with her for realz, but she understandably was rather peeved about the, you know, RAPE, so she abandoned him). Kara ended up gaining her father's powers at a massive level, and she joined Alpha Flight's junior league Beta Flight team. She wasn't much of a super-hero, but her power got the team out of quite a few scraps. She eventually retired, realizing she couldn't hold up to the ideals (which is the fate of 80% of the supporting charactes in the book, oddly enough).

-Kara's role on the team was actually pretty consistent, though she temporarily quit one time, and then faced things solo when her boyfriend Manikin quit to renew his medical training. She more or less vanished COMPLETELY after the ending of Alpha Flight, and was not on two of the subsequent "restart" books. It wasn't until the most recent iteration that she suddenly popped up as the older, sexier member of Alpha Strike, the Master of the World's own goon squad of anti-Alpha Flight characters. She used her powers here and then, but her lack of physical presence resulted in a few beat-downs.

-Hey, a PL 10 Beta Flighter! But that's mainly because her Save DC is +10 for her Pheromones (Scent-Perception, even though I've seen her use it on sentient crystals). She's remarkably effective at that one thing, but like most one-trick power types, she's got NOTHING else up her sleeve- with Skills, Advantages, or anything. Hell, her melee attack balances out to PL 3.5, and her Defenses to PL 5.5, making her all but completely useless against something like a robot, a super-willful type, or if her powers get deactivated. Her control is actually kind of interesting though, in that it has neat flaws- people will turn purple if controlled (making their teammates obviously see something is wrong), and her power is broken if the subjects are submerged in water. It's REALLY powerful and wide-reaching (Selective Area Perception Mind Control is NOT something you want on a Player Character), but she's such a one-trick pony that she's really not worthwhile in a major super-hero battle.

THE PURPLE WOMAN (Kara Killgrave, aka Purple Girl, Persuasion)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & David Ross
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #41 (Dec. 1986)
Role: Mind Controller, Side Character
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight, Beta Flight
PL 10 (111)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Pheromone-Based Mind Control"
Affliction 10 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Area- Scent Perception, Sustained +2, Selective) (Noticeable- Victims Turn Purple -1) [50]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pheromones +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Kara's skin is purple in appearance, and she won't pass for a normal human without lots of make-up.
Power Loss (Submerging)- If Kara's victims are submerged in water, her hold will be immediately broken.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 18 (111)

-Modern-Day Purple Woman, who for some reason has joined the Master of the World's "Alpha Strike". She's... only moderately better than Young Kara ever was, as she can take over minds, but is largely helpless the second things get physical. Mac & Sasquatch use her for their machine that undoes the Master's brainwashing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

danelsan wrote:Huh. Kinda weird for the guy most known for training villains (well, and for being an elite jobber despite having the combined moves of pretty much all the best fighters and acrobats in the Marvel Universe) to be buddies with a hero.

I mean, how many times has Taskmaster tried to kill heroes? How many times has he been working for "ultra-nazi" Red Skull and the like? Then again apparently the Marvel Canadian government is basically bureaucratic Satan and Puck works for them...
Puck's one of numerous Marvel characters with this labyrinthine past, full of mysterious adventures that have led him all over the place. He's also at least a century old at this point, so it's possible that he & Taskmaster have walked in the same circles.

Of course, nowadays Taskmaster has practically become a standard Mercenary-type- the days of him directly trying to murder the Avengers are so far gone that I'm not even sure if he counts as a villain anymore.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh- that's weird. phpBB code is an odd thing- the individual posts have codes that I use for the links on the front page. Usually the builds are pretty uniform, but every time I jump up another digit, the whole URL gets two notches longer. Which is normal for message boards... but it works oddly here. These two posts are one after the other:

viewtopic.php?p=9952#p9952] Vindicator
viewtopic.php?p=10014#p10014] Windshear

They're separated by more than sixty numbers for whatever reason. I'd have expected that I could finish the Alpha Flight builds easily before the number of digits increased, but the code doesn't work one number after the other- it often throws in randoms. So my Alpha Flight builds will be slightly uglier-looking in my "List of Builds" page. Oh well- two digits over is fine, and doesn't overly affect the look of things- it's the random "atomicthinktank" and "roninarmy" codes mixed in with everything else- RA URLs are a MILE long for some reason, making the random ATT or EOTU ones look odd. Talk about punishing to OCD types.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Just a comment on Marrina - it was Walter Simonsen who killed her off just after the end of the Roger Stern run in basically an early version of Avengers Dissasembled
Ken

Re: Puck (The Hot One)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:who wasn't a dwarf, since of course dwarfs aren't physically attractive since they have stocky limbs and crap, and you CAN'T HAVE UNATTRACTIVE WOMEN IN COMICS! Except I've since seen TWO tiny women who are actually seriously attractive- Meredith Eaton and one of the Suicide Girls, who I swear to God is ultra-hot, even nude.
There is a desk worker/check in person working at a medical center in closer to the city (Chicago) who is a dwarf who I thought was hot. Whenever I brought my Mom in there, I always wanted to check her out. Of course, not exactly the most ideal situation, but...
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

NOW we're getting to my second favorite Marvel Team(The "Avengers,Inc." will always&forever be one of my favorite Avengers team Roster),Alpha Flight!

-What i always found intresting about the Team itself was how Department H set-up a 3 Tier system so they wouldn't have too many "Green"Heros on their(rather too Public for my taste)Covert Op's team(Take THAT Youngblood!:D ):We had the B-Team in Beta Flight(which could have been used for "Local" Toubles,i.e. home-grown Terrorist's&the like); the "C" Team in Gamma Flight(which could've been used for Support Duties&Public Relations stuff...); and then the "A" Team that Should've been set-up for The Global Stage:Alpha Flight.
Jabroniville

Manikin

Post by Jabroniville »

MANIKIN (Whitman Knapp)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Dave Ross
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #44 (March 1987)
Role: Summoner, Background Character
PL 4 (138)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 1 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Technology 2 (+6)
Treatment 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Summons Genetic Relatives From Across Time"

"Summon Highbrow" Summon 8 (Extras: Active, Controlled, Heroic +2, Horde, Variable Type) [64]
"Summon Proto" (Extras: Multiple Minions +2) [16]
"Summon Apeman" (Extras: Multiple Minions for 5 Ranks +1) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +1, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Kara Killgrave)- Manikin and The Purple Girl are dating, at least for a while.
Responsibility (Normal Life)- A young doctor, Whitman has a career and a life to think about, and doesn't really have the heart for super-heroics.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 85 / Defenses: 14 (138)

MINION #1: APEMAN
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Dave Ross
Role: Summond Minion, Animalistic Fighter
PL 7 (75), Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Spear) 3 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Diehard, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Simian-Like Physiology"
Features 2: May Use Hands as Feet [2]
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animalistic)- Apeman cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 9 (75)

MINION #2: HIGHBROW
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Dave Ross
Role: Team Genius, Teleporter, Background Character
PL 7 (118), Minion Rank 8
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 8 (+14)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 8 (+14)
Vehicles 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Equipment 2 (Specialized Eyeglasses), Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Futuristic Physiology"
Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]
"Teleport Others" Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction & Velocity, Increased Mass 11- 50 tons) (Extras: Accurate, Extended, Ranged Attack for 7 ranks +0) (Flaws: Distracting) (50) -- [51]
AE: Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction & Velocity, Increased Mass 11- 50 tons) (Extras: Accurate, Extended) (Flaws: Distracting) (43)

Equipment:
"Specialized Eyeglasses"
Senses 8 (Infravision, Detect Powers- Ranged & Analytical, Detect Energy- Ranged & Acute) (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Teleport Attack +6 (+7 Ranged Teleport, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 19 (118)

MINION #3: PROTO
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Dave Ross
Role: Animal Buddy, Background Character
PL 7 (114), Minion Rank 8
STRENGTH
-4 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
None

Advantages:
Close Attack

Powers:
"Strong For a Blob" Power-Lifting 2 (25 lbs.) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Amophorous Shape"
Insubstantial 1 [5]
Protection 2 [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
(-3 Strength, -1 Speed, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation)

"Corrosive Touch" Damage 5 (Extras: Reaction +3, Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 5 (Extras: Reaction +3, Affects Objects) [50]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (-4 Damage, DC 11)
Corrosive Touch +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 85 / Defenses: 10 (114)

-Hey, it's Manikin! I remember him from my old Alpha Flights (drawn by pre-awesome Jim Lee)! The guy had one of the weirdest powers in comics: allowing him to call forth three buddies from "past and future genetic lines", being a primitive hominid, a future-tech guy, and a protoplasmic blob of goo. He was a minor-league Beta Flight guy, eventually retiring because he had no major combat powers of his own, and somesuch thing. A whacky concept that could be REALLY powerful if amped up, or if turned into a mega-villain and adding some more Minions into the mix. I like him only because he's an interesting, unique character to stat up.

-Whitman was working at the New Life Center under Lionel Jeffries (who became the super-villain Scrambler), but defended Alpha Flight against his boss after Scrambler had activated his latent Mutant Powers- the ability to summon three other beings. Whitman turned on Jeffries and joined Alpha Flight, becoming one of their Beta Flight trainees. During the course of a few missions, he started a relationship with Kara "Purple Girl" Killgrave, and the two were stuck with Alpha Flight on their mission through the Dreamqueen's realm. Feeling uncomfortable in the role of a hero, he retired from active duty in order to become a doctor. He showed up a bit later on as a medical advisor, thanks to having completed his schooling- his other selves gave up their lives in order to save him- they later reappeared, with him having the power to turn INTO them.

-It seems that he & Kara have broken up, as he was not mentioned when she turned up evil in the most-recent Alpha Flight book- as he hasn't been seen since the early '90s, it's safe to say he was also de-powered on M-Day.

-Manikin's only PL 4 by himself, but operates with PL 7 Minions, so they're minor-league Minion-types. Apeman's a standard Animalistic Brawler, taking some bits from The Beast. Highbrow's a Flight/Teleport Attacking guy (costing by far the most points). Proto's a burning-touch blobby dude with a pair of Auras, one Damaing (with a Secondary Effect) and another Weakening Toughness. It's an expensive power, Summon Minion, but you get what you pay for with it, and most anyone would argue that the power is inherently unbalancing at high enough numbers of Minions. Especially with all those extras involved. He can toss all three Minions out at once, basically being three characters for the price of one. But watch Manikin himself; the guy would drop to a stiff breeze, and couldn't handle the slightest protracted combat.

-Regarding his use of Summon: I used Highbrow as the base for all the costs, since he was the priciest guy. Then I added the first Multiple Minions Extra, because Proto was also 8 ranks of it. Then, for the last rank, I used Apeman for 5 ranks, but since the second rank of Multiple Minions gives you TWO Minions, I made it a +1 Extra instead of the normal +2 (since you're literally getting half of the Extra). In the end, it's an 85-point power on a weak-ass guy, but I think it fits.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Puck (The Hot One)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

PUCK II (Zuzha Yu)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Clayton Henry
First Appearance: Alpha Flight #1 (2004)
Role: Melee Fighter, Suddenly-Introduced Family Member
Group Affiliations: Alpha Flight
PL 8 (88)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+9)
Expertise (Bar Owner) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: High Density"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Immunity 4 (Heat, Cold, Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Relationship (Major Mapleleaf)- The two were in the first stages of a relationship.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 7 (88)

-Yeah, there was a Puck II, in that terrible Lobdell run on the concept. And we saw Eugene Judd get added to the "Jefferson Pierce School of 20 Years of Continuity is Not Enough to Prove You Have No Children", having a multi-racial daughter with powers like his, who wasn't a dwarf, since of course dwarfs aren't physically attractive since they have stocky limbs and crap, and you CAN'T HAVE UNATTRACTIVE WOMEN IN COMICS! Except I've since seen TWO tiny women who are actually seriously attractive- Meredith Eaton and one of the Suicide Girls, who I swear to God is ultra-hot, even nude. Plus comics later gave us Ock-in-Spidey's Body's girlfriend Anna-Maria, who was adorbz.

-She was with the dead Alphans, just like her paramour Major Mapleleaf was... but like him, failed to return with the rest of Alpha Flight. Just a bad idea and a generic character design (not even a COSTUME, really- she's just some asian-looking chick in baggy jeans and a tube-top, along with some silly tattoos).

-As expected, she comes up pretty cheap, not being shown with many talents, what with her short run and all. She's PL 8 on offense and defense, which means she's not that great, especially since the key Alphans tend to be in the PL 10 range. She's supposed to be a good martial artist, but then so are a lot of people, and she can modify her caps just fine. Gotta love Alphanex's description of her strength levels: "somewhere in the 800 lbs. to 25 tons range"- seriously, is THAT what counts as an acceptable range these days?

having looked both the little ladies up....I concur
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Images of adorable little centaurs are running through my head- thanks guys!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.