Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: Jab's Builds! (Super SF II! Cammy! Akuma! Dan Hibiki! Charlie!)

Post by drkrash »

"Go-key."
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Weird. Still sounds silly, though- Akuma is much better :).

I'm still getting used to having the "old" style of posting back. It makes me remember that in my old thread, I NEVER used to "Title" the builds. Every single post was just "Re: Jab's Builds (xxxxx! xxxx! xxxx!)". And I'd just re-edit the thread Title to include the names of the newer builds in brackets. On the Ronin Army forum, I left the main thread title plain (as I think in the beginning, people were having issues with the title "locking" and being unable to edit), but since hovering over the Thread Title with your mouse left the first line of text visible, I'd make the first line just a list of my current builds- so you'd hover over "Jab's Builds" and see "Cammy! Akuma! Dan Hibiki!" instead.
HalloweenJack

Re: Cammy- Breaker of Forums

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

And these are the shots that just feature a SEMI-thong. Also, Shadaloo Cammy FTW.

CAMMY (Cammy White)
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
First Appearance: Super Street Fighter II (1993)
Game Appearances: Super Street Fighter II & Super SFII Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter V, Street Fighter: The Movie, X-Men (vs) Street Fighter, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2, Street Fighter X Tekken
Home Country: England
Role: Jailbait, Miss Fanservice, The Sad Clone
Vague Martial Art Basis: Special Forces Fighting
PL 9 (148)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+15)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+15)
Deception 5 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+10)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint (Hooligan Combination), Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Assorted Gear), Evasion 2, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Cannon Moves) 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Combat 5, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Jump Good" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Hooligan Combination" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 if Successfully Feinting Last Turn, +2 to Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Reduced Parry 1, Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [4]
  • AE: "Spin Knuckle/Cannon Drill" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Cannon Spike/Thrust Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Defeating Bison)- A clone of Bison (who apparently doesn't care if he has boobs or not), Cammy was designed to house his soul. This still haunts her, and she is devoted to hunting down and defeating Bison. To do this, she must beat the $#!& out of people.
Weakness (Predictability)- Cammy, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 21 + 12 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 21 (148)

-Shockingly, the only popular member of the "New Challengers" is the pretty, thong-wearing teenager. Cammy was written as an amnesia-ridden soldier who'd joined an anti-Shadaloo squad of fighters, but was discovered to be the ex-LOVER of Bison himself! In Japan, however, she was made to be a mindless "Doll"- meant to be a repository for the soul of Bison. WHY he had to make all of his repositories tiny, large-eyed teenage girls was beyond me. The Alpha series got the most out of her, where she breaks free from her Shadaloo brainwashing and opposes Bison. Subsequent games have featured her essentially as "Chun-Li's Buddy", fighting Shadaloo alongside a much bigger squad of more important fighters, so she's a bit subservient now.

-Cammy has the best design of the "New Challengers"- girlish pigtails and childlike eyes give off that usual "Japanese Heroine/Disney Princess" vibe, and the ass-showing leotard is blatantly there for fanservice (she's HOW old in the early games again?)... but there was no doubt Cammy was an ass-kicker. Incongruously enough, Cammy was given a red beret, big metal gloves with the equivalent of "Brass Knuckles" on them, a wicked scar across her face, and inexplicable camouflage on her legs. Cammy was BAD-ASS, in a way that set her apart from SNK characters, who tended to leave out stuff like that on their cute girls, most of whom looked ready for either High School or the fashion runway.

-Fighting Style: Cammy's another highly-athletic, accurate fighter in the franchise, being a lesser version of Chun-Li. She's able to leap and use good Special Moves, typically with Defensive Attack thrown in (she's really hard to hit out of some of her moves). Her moves are pretty cool, too- she whips out Frankensteiners, spinning leg tackles and giant uppercuts with her feet. Her moves are kinda/sorta the same, only differing in direction travelled, but one is Anti-Air, and the Hooligan Combination is a "Variable Jumping" move like Vega's, where she gets a boost if she Feints using it (you never know which attack is coming out until she hits you), and one is a grapple so she gets a boost from THAT, too.

ah the little vixen that created a mushroom cloud that broke the internet in HALF!

THIS IS THE ONE YOU'VE BEEN SMASHING FOR!
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I like both names. Akuma would be more something he is called than his actual name, though, since I doubt his parents named their child "Demon". Maybe he renamed himself that as a rebellious teenager?

*shows up to training in a black dogi*
"I'm not Gouki anymore, master, my evil intent has turned me into Akuma."
*broods awkwardly*
"why won't you teach me the murder wave?!"
*sulks*

Still, I probably like Gouki more due to fitting with the naming of his brother (Gouken) and their master (Goutetsu)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I like the idea that Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist put forth, that pretty much only Gouken at this point refers to Akuma as Gouki. The training Gouki had to go through to unleash what he feels is his full potential basically required cutting the ties to his former life, so he embrace what he feels is the ultimate goal of the Ansatsuken style: to become a true oni / demon / akuma. So by naming himself Akuma, he has basically become in his mind the embodiment of the killing intent of his form.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote:I had my oversees semester, back in my college days, in London, in the fall of 1989. The biggest star in British Pop Culure at the time was Kylie Minogue. One coundn't walk down the street without seeing her face on magazines and posters and post cards everwhere. Her image started making me twitch.

Sadly when I saw the SF Live Action movie, guess who they had play Cammy. So, was I able to not twitch the way I had years earlier? I should be so lucky. Lucky Lucky Lucky.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Rose

Post by Jabroniville »

ROSE
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter Alpha 2 (1996)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V (Champion Edition)
Home Country: Italy (Genoa, specifically)
Role: The Good Side, Mystic Chick
Vague Martial Art Basis: Soul Power
PL 9 (174)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+14)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Fortune Telling) 8 (+12) -- Uses Awareness
Expertise (Martial Arts) 2 (+5)
Insight 5 (+9)
Perception 6 (+10)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Soul Power) 4 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Assessment, Daze (Persuasion), Improved Critical (Soul Spark), Improved Critical (Soul Throw) 2, Improved Critical (Soul Spiral) 2, Ranged Attack 4, Trance

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Psycho-Magic Powers"
Senses 6 (Mental Awareness- Ranged 2, Danger Sense, Precognition 4) (Flaws: Precog is Uncontrolled) [6]
"Kind of Hovers" Flight 2 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [2]

"Special Moves"
Soul Powers" Mind-Reading 9 (Flaws: Limited to Spiritual Qualities) Linked to Communication (Mental) 3 (24) -- [29]
  • AE: "Fluff Healing Powers" Healing 5 (Extras: Restorative) (15)
  • AE: "Soul Reflect" Deflect 10 (Extras: Reflection) (Flaws: Reduced Parry 3) (17)
  • AE: "Soul Spark" Blast 6 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Flaws: Last 2 Ranks Only If Soul Reflect Was Successfully Used Without Reflecting) (8)
  • AE: "Soul Spiral" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Soul Throw" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit If Enemy Parried Last Round) (Extras: Secondary Damage 3) (Inaccurate -1) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Soul Spiral/Throw +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Soul Spark +12 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Defeating Bison)- Rose has some kind of premonition about Bison's evil, and so she'd devoted to stopping him. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (Sharing a Soul with Bison)- Rose is apparently the "Good Side" that Bison discarded when he fully gave himself over to evil.
Weakness (Predictability)- Rose, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 12 + 13 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 24 (174)

-Rose is a character I could never quite "get", really. The whole "Her & Bison share a soul because he excised all the good from his body" origin story is weird, and I can't figure out how a career FORTUNE TELLER gained the fighting skillz to hand people their asses in an elite martial arts tournament. She doesn't even LOOK TOUGH- many of the other female characters are toned or wear some kind of bad-ass gear; she's just some lady in a dress. Sure she's got "Soul Power" to contrast Bison's "Psycho Power", but how does that help her throw punches & kicks? At least Bison gets into tons of fights as a day-job. Her design is rather weird as well, wearing some kind of pink & purple dress with heels and a big ol' yellow scarf- she's kind of over-accessorized and... it DOESN'T MATCH! She doesn't really look like she "belongs" in the same universe as ass-kickers like Sagat, Balrog & Guile, ya know? There's ways to make dress-wearing ladies threatening (KoF's Mature & Vice had a disturbing violent chick aura to them), but this isn't it. And what's with that deep voice?

-Rose, it turns out, is based off of another JoJo's Bizarre Adventure character- Lisa Lisa. Their outfits are almost identical, and they share a fighting style that involves channeling energy into scarves. Both are also mentor figures to the main characters. This means that Rose not only fits weirdly into the Street Fighter universe, but she's a RIP-OFF, too!

-In any case, Rose's story is that of a fortune teller with aura & power-reading abilities (she detects both Bison & Akuma) who discovers that she & Bison share a soul in SF Alpha 3. Rose was part of the group that saw Bison defeated, but when his Psycho Drive was destroyed (at the cost of Charlie's life), he possessed her body. He stayed there until Street Fighter II, at which point a new body was made. Rose was thus unseen until Street Fighter IV, where she returns to hunt Bison once more. In her story there, she is defeated by Bison (really? She can't win in her own tale?), but Guy (who carries the torch for her) comes to her rescue.

-Fighting Style: Rose is another Girl Fighter, but uses a more varied bit of offense- she can reflect Projectiles back at her attackers, send out a generic Blast, set people alight with her Soul Throw, and do a standard Special Move. Her Blast can even grow in power if she used her "Soul Reflect" power without deflecting it back- it "powers up" to a stronger, fully PL 9 version, making her one of the few SF characters who can hit their full PL at range. She's kinda PL 8.5-9 because I can't quite see her as being the sheer equal of a Zangief or a Cammy, but she still does okay, and her Skills are quite good. Unlike most Street Fighters, she has a bunch of side powers that don't do anything in combat, most of which I stole from another's build :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Re: Rose

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:-Rose, it turns out, is based off of another JoJo's Bizarre Adventure character- Lisa Lisa. Their outfits are almost identical, and they share a fighting style that involves channeling energy into scarves. Both are also mentor figures to the main characters. This means that Rose not only fits weirdly into the Street Fighter universe, but she's a RIP-OFF, too!
So, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure does Rose, by any other name, smell as sweet?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:-Rose, it turns out, is based off of another JoJo's Bizarre Adventure character- Lisa Lisa. Their outfits are almost identical, and they share a fighting style that involves channeling energy into scarves. Both are also mentor figures to the main characters. This means that Rose not only fits weirdly into the Street Fighter universe, but she's a RIP-OFF, too!
So, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure does Rose, by any other name, smell as sweet?

boo hiss
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: KoF's Mature & Vice had a disturbing violent chick aura to them
Vice is super creepy XD

Almost as creepy as the goddamn exploding clothes of Art of Fighting girls on KoF still existing, and thus me having to see Ryo/Takuma partially strip their sister/daughter via fireball :x
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

danelsan wrote:
Jabroniville wrote: KoF's Mature & Vice had a disturbing violent chick aura to them
Vice is super creepy XD

Almost as creepy as the goddamn exploding clothes of Art of Fighting girls on KoF still existing, and thus me having to see Ryo/Takuma partially strip their sister/daughter via fireball :x
I can't even come up with a propper response to that, other then perhaps, "What the heck?".
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
danelsan wrote:
Vice is super creepy XD

I can't even come up with a propper response to that, other then perhaps, "What the heck?".
Yeah, it is fucked up. It started way back in the Art of Fighting II days and continues even now in 2016 on KoF XIV. If you win against Yuri or King using...I think any kind of super move will do, part of their clothing will be shredded, revealing their bra. Doing so against Yuri with one of her family members is extra yucky.
Jabroniville

SF Alpha 2

Post by Jabroniville »

STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2:
-Naturally, the popularity of the first Alpha game soon saw the arrival of a sequel. In this one, we added a couple of Street Fighter II favorites in pretty much their old forms (Dhalsim & Zangief), Rolento from Final Fight (our last boss- we wouldn't see an "Andore" until SF III), Gen from Street Fighter (now reimagined as a murderous old man), and only one entirely-new character- pedobait Sakura, a young schoolgirl with a Ryu fixation. SFA2 ended up being a vastly improved version of the original (fixing numerous balance issues), and has apparently completely replaced it in "Canon" so that the first one never happened. This game allowed for Custom Combos, where you could input certain moves until a timer ran out, but I've never played it so I couldn't tell you how good it was.

Roster:
(Returning from SF Alpha)
1) Ryu
2) Ken
3) Chun-Li
4) Sagat
5) M. Bison
6) Akuma
7) Birdie
8) Adon
9) Guy
10) Sodom
11) Charlie Nash
12) Rose
13) Dan Hibiki

(Returning from SF I)
14) Gen (the old man returns with an all-new personality and moveset)

(Returning from SF II)
15) Dhalsim (standard-issue)
16) Zangief (standard-issue, acting as the powerhouse once more)

(Final Fight Characters)
17) Rolento (Mad Gear Gang member now reinvented as a wannabe dictator of a military republic)

(New Characters)
18) Sakura (Schoolgirl obsessive over Ryu)
19) Evil Ryu (an Evil Version of the main character)
Jabroniville

Evil Ryu

Post by Jabroniville »

EVIL RYU (aka Ryu With The Murderous Intent Awakened)
Created By:
Manabu Takemura
First Appearance: Street Fighter Alpha 2
Game Appearances: Street Fighter Alpha 2-3, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter EX, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2, Namco X Capcom
Home Country: Japan
Role: The Ryu (Trope Namer), aka All-Around Guy, Battle-Seeker, The Wandering Warrior, Captain Potential
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate (Kyokushinkai-style) & Judo
PL 11 (182)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+16)
Expertise (Travelling Martial Artist) 11 (+12)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 7 (+11)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 11 (+15)
Treatment 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Fireballs) 3, Improved Critical (Dragon Punch) 2, Improved Critical (Hurricane Kick), Improved Initiative 2, Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Ranged Attack 4

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 4, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Jumpy Moves" Leaping 1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Flaming Fireball" Blast 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect 4) (Inaccurate -1) (19) -- [26]
  • AE: "Fireball" Blast 7 (Feats: Split) (15)
  • AE: "Shakunetsu Hadoken" Blast 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect 5) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (17)
  • AE: "Goshoryuken!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Hurricane Kick" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7)
  • AE: "Ashura Senku" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Velocity & Direction) (6)
  • AE: "Instant Hell Murder" Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Multiattack 11) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -3) Linked to Weaken Stamina 10 (Inaccurate -3) (11.5)
  • AE: "Murderous Strong Rising Dragon" Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Multiattack 9) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -2) (4.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +18 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +16 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fireball +15 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Flaming Fireball +13 (+8 Ranged Damage & +5 Sec.Effect, DC 23 & 20)
Strong Rising Dragon +14 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Instant Hell Murder +12 (+10 Damage & +10 Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +12

Complications: 
Motivation (The Battle)- Ryu seeks to perfect himself physically and mentally, and travels the world to do so. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Ken)- The two trained together as young men, and grew very close. Ryu is more placid and noble, while Ken is energetic and boisterous. Despite their differences (and an intense rivalry), they are as close as two people can be. They're bangin'. Shut up, they are.
Relationship (Gouken)- The boys are both very devoted to their master, Gouken, and fought to avenge his "death". Even now that he is alive, but worship him as a mentor-figure, despite his insistence that both are grown men, and must live their own lives.
Enemy (Akuma)- Akuma seeks to pervert Ryu's power for his own means, and unlock The Dark Hadou within him. Ryu is too noble for this, however.
Responsibility/Involuntary Transformation (The Dark Hadou)- Ryu can become overtaken by "The Killing Intent" of his martial arts style, and he grows more and more vicious.
Enemy (Sagat)- The Emperor of Muay Thai has sought revenge and a rematch against Ryu for years, ever since Ryu's "Killing Intent" scarred his chest.
Weakness (Predictability)- Ryu, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 20 + 14 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 29 (182)

-"Evil Ryu" (not called that in Japan, where "evil" is generally treated differently) debuts in Street Fighter Alpha, having been infused with the Dark Energy that beings like Akuma have developed. This is pretty much your token "Shonen Anime Story", and kind of appeals to a lot of young males in general. I mean, it's perfect Young Boy stuff: "ARGH I am so tortured because I am so WICKED POWERFUL YOU GUYSSS!!!" giving boys a masculinity boost with all this ferocious, frightening power that's just uncontrollable, at the same time being a bit of a metaphor for puberty and trying to control yourself. And naturally it's always a good show of willpower if the hero can fight it back. It's also popular in Shonen because it's an easy way for a writer to get himself out of a jam because the hero's Deus Ex Machina power shoots forth and one-offs the bad guy instead of having to use some kind of clever tactics.

-It is eventually retconned that Sagat was not defeated by Ryu, so much as Evil Ryu, awakening inside the hero and unleashing a "Metsu Shoryuken" to defeat the Emperor of Muay Thai in a cheap-shot, rather than Ryu EARNING his victory. I always felt this was an unnecessary Retcon, as it fit perfectly that Ryu won the last tournament with a shocking win over Sagat, who now craves revenge out of pride. The way they have it now devalues Ryu's victory (because it wasn't really HIS).

-Evil Ryu is just a sped-up Ryu with some of Akuma's moves and enhanced Blasting power.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jetstream

Re: A Welcome

Post by Jetstream »

Jabroniville wrote:
Jetstream wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:A Welcome To The Newest Edition of Jab's Builds: Over the years, I'd even thought of just starting a blog for my builds, or something of the sort- plenty of people do things like that (though I'm not very computer-handy, and I've seen a TON of blogs just get eaten by some bug or another). In this sense, we kind of had our own choice in the matter, so that was nice.
Wiki'd probably work better anyway. Blogs aren't usually robust enough for the indexing you like to do.
How would a Wiki work for something like this? Like... post a build on one page, and then have a bunch of comments show up underneath it? I can see that, I guess, but I find Wikis to be pretty bad for actual conversations. I like the way Forum dialogue has this... continuous thread of posts, you know? Like, someone can respond to a build I did three months ago and remark upon it, and EVERYONE can see it, not just somebody who happens to look at it years later.
Well, I mean, yeah. It'd just be a comments section on individual pages. The continuous stream of comments thing is really only possible on a forum. I was just saying that blogging software kinda sucks for having convenient indexing, so a Wiki would work better for structuring and browseability.

There's nothing that's gonna give you this stream-of-consciousness thing that a forum does except a forum.