Captain Marvel (MCU) Film Fights

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
Ares
Site Admin

Captain Marvel (MCU) Film Fights

Post by Ares »

Given Carol's film just came out not that long ago, I figured she might actually generate some traffic here. So, how does Carol do in the following fights:

MCU Hulk

MCU Thor (lets say any feats from both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker count)

CW Supergirl

DCEU Wonder Woman

DCEU Superman
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Re: Captain Marvel (MCU) Film Fights

Post by Ken »

CW Supergirl : They end up getting hung up on the possible family relationships since one is Kara (-El) Danvers and the other is Carol Danvers and they forget to fight.

DCEU Wonder Woman:
"I was the first super-heroine to have the lead in a major motion picture!" WHACK! "No. I was the first female super-hero to have the lead in a major motion picture!" ZAP! "Mine came out in 2017, yours was in 2019!!" POW! "You don't count because you're a tool of the patriarchy!!" ZAP!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

hmmm

Hulk I think Carol takes it but it would be a hell of a donnybrook leveling a pretty good swath of area, But Tony was able to knock bruce out with Veronica and Carol is canonically stronger then that so BOOM she kos him though we get a spectacle in the process

THors again I think she wins but easier then Hulk thor uses energy she absorbs energy shed had an easier time with thor though it would still be a pretty wicked fight especially with him using stormbringer

Clark and Kara I think these two take Carol down unless Carol figures our how to channel red sun energy then she gives them a whippin before they win

Wonder Woman man this would be a fight and a half eehh I think Diana takes it in the end though pretty wicked fight all things considered
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm not sure we have any proof Carol is stronger than the Hulkbuster suit yet, or any evidence that she can absorb energy. Some of the higher ups have said that she's their most powerful hero, but based on the film I don't see any reason to consider her anymore powerful than Thor, Hulk or the Vision.

While the Hulkbuster DID manage to KO the Hulk, it was only after an extended battle, slamming the Hulk through a skyscrapper, and then sucker punching a dazed and confused Hulk who had finally shook off the Scarlet Witch's mind control.

I don't recall Carol ever really absorbing energy attacks in the film, at least not in the same way it was made clear Tony had absorbed Thor's lightning in Avengers 1. Though Avengers 1 did establish that if Thor realizes his opponent absorbs lightning, he stops using it. We've also seen Thor deflect energy attacks with his hammer as well, so I don't see that being an advantage for Carol either.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.