Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:19 am

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent quickly looks to Scylla. "Fake tears, cling to her, act like you've been crying! I'll help you sell the act."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

nowhereman2
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:19 am
Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent quickly looks to Scylla. "Fake tears, cling to her, act like you've been crying! I'll help you sell the act."
Dharma, the medical assistant, walks in to see a crying Scylla holding the corpse of Opal. "What the hell?!"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

nowhereman2
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:56 am

nowhereman2 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:19 am
Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent quickly looks to Scylla. "Fake tears, cling to her, act like you've been crying! I'll help you sell the act."
Dharma, the medical assistant, walks in to see a crying Scylla holding the corpse of Opal. "What the hell?!"
Scylla grabs her body and drags it to the ground, making a show of her false grief. [Deception check 18 vs DC 10: two degrees of Success]

"Oh god! Mam... you can't hold the body. I" Dharma looks at Vincent pleadingly.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent places a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Sister please, I know how hard this is but... You need to let go." In a very literal sense. "Come on, I'll take us back to the hotel. Ma'am, I'm really so sorry about this. I'm not sure what came over her."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

nowhereman2
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:42 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 pm
Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent places a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Sister please, I know how hard this is but... You need to let go." In a very literal sense. "Come on, I'll take us back to the hotel. Ma'am, I'm really so sorry about this. I'm not sure what came over her."
Scylla played at resisting for a moment and then relented, grasping Vincent instead. Dharma moved in quickly as the two of you began to move away. She checked the body for any postmortem damage. "Shit. I hope I don't lose my job over this." She quickly put the corpse back on the table. As you leave the room, you notice a slightly more vibrant Opal standing next to her body. She waves faintly at you while mouthing something.

"Breckenridge lies."
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 am

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

Vincent's brow pinches together as he takes in that last warning. If the information she gave has any truth to it, then he'd definitely be making the trip to find and give her last words to her child.

"Come sister, we've caused them enough trouble." With a guiding hand on her shoulder, he leads the pair of them out past the desk and out of the morgue entirely. A short time later he leads the way to their estranged comrades.

"I've spoken with the spirit. Let's walk and talk, I don't want to be here when the cops bring in those drug-dealers later."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

jmucchiello
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:49 am

"Everything go smoothly?" Breach asks as they start walking.

nowhereman2
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 am

As the two of you walk and Vincent gives you a description of events, he describes the two interrogators.

[OOC: Breach, give me an intelligence roll to see if you recognize one of the two interrogators. You have a +2 circumstance bonus on this roll.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

nowhereman2
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:26 am

Most of the people he mentioned were not particularly important to you personally. No doubt a quick web search could help with some of them. However, when Vincent begins describing the female interrogator, you particularly note Opal's description about her ears and Opal's weakening. Both of these things are features of a person you know. They sound like your rival Lana Flemming.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

jmucchiello
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 am

"Flemming." Breach says sadly. "One of them sounds like Flemming, funny ears, poison touch. She's augmented like I am and she is not a nice a person. I wonder how she figures into all of this."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

"Money, what else?" Vincent frowns and brings a hand up to his chin. "I shudder to think of what your definition of not being a 'nice person' is. Still, we know she's someone to look out for. Perhaps her audial sensitivity may make her more sensitive to other auditory based attacks?" He speculates, looking towards Breach for a confirmation or denial.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

jmucchiello
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:32 pm

"Don't know. I never had a way to find out," Breach says. "And I generally don't hurt or kill people. She wouldn't have a second thought about it."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

The man shrugs indifferently. "So long as she hasn't sold her soul for those augmentations, I'm sure we'l have ample time to test out my theory. Regarding the warning against Breckenridge, your thoughts?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

jmucchiello
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:40 am

"I wouldn't trust that ass to shit," Breach says.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 3014
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:56 am

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
Status: Normal
HP: 1
-~-

"Obviously." Vincent scoffs, as if he had ever trusted him in the first place. "I'm wondering how you think he's planning to screw us."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

Post Reply