Bucky Barnes vs Jason Todd

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
Ken

Bucky Barnes vs Jason Todd

Post by Ken »

This is assuming their skills and abilities that were in play between 1989 and 2005.

Who wins?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Bucky Barnes vs Jason Todd

Post by Ares »

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Avorez

Post by Avorez »

In the case of "to 2005" are we including the Winter Soldier launch or...?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Nope. Skipping the revival of Bucky as the Winter Soldier in January 2005 AND the revival of Jason Todd as the Red Hood the following month.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jason wins. He's been dead for a shorter period of time, and his corpse was more intact after his death, in contrast to Bucky's near-disintegration.

What skills and abilities? They're dead!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Davies wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 am Jason wins. He's been dead for a shorter period of time, and his corpse was more intact after his death, in contrast to Bucky's near-disintegration.

:D

Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

Davies wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 am Jason wins. He's been dead for a shorter period of time, and his corpse was more intact after his death, in contrast to Bucky's near-disintegration.

Now I picture two corpses flopping around slapping at each other, being pushed and thrown by handlers behind them trying to make it look like the corpses are doing it all, Weekend-at-Bernie's style...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ian Turner wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am

Now I picture two corpses flopping around slapping at each other, being pushed and thrown by handlers behind them trying to make it look like the corpses are doing it all, Weekend-at-Bernie's style...
Depends, are they being manipulated by Jim Henson's Industrial Light and Magik? If so, i can picture that conversation....
Jim(moving his arms around crazily): "Quick Frank, throw Bucky's foot up!....Now somebody swing Jason's body forward!..." :lol:

But in all seriousness, at the time of their 'deaths' both Barnes and Todd were probably just breaking PL 9. Depending on the origin told, Jason was a highly trained Pickpocket & Thief before trying to boost Batman's ride(which admittedly took real Grapefruit's, especially at the time.). Corperal Barnes, however, was trained as a Soldier(even if he was just supposed to be a non-combat Aide-de-camp for the Squad Captain) specialty being Long Range Combat/Overwatch. It really comes down to environment. Jason would totally destroy Bucky in an urban area(even one that's been bombed repeatedly.Jason just has better general street knowledge) whereas Bucky would be able to take him out in one shot if in any other environment(as a trained Soldier, Bucky would've been forced to kill before his ill-fated Rocket ride. He was in the middle of a War, there's a 0.1 % chance of that happening).

Skill's and abilities wise, they're fairly even(just swap Jason's Street skills for Soldier's skills and you have Barnes).