[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EternalPhoenix

[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

House rules are here.
NPC Investigations Overview is here.
I'd prefer to keep the number of players limited to five. PL is 8. You may have 120 or 150 PP as is your preference. The latter is more experienced than the former, so please represent that accordingly.

I cannot guarantee my ADHD will not make me wander off mid game at the drop of a BORED NOW, NEW THING so, to solving that problem I'd also like someone to volunteer to help with the GM work if my brain decides to misbehave. I can provide a plot outline and probably NPC posts unless I'm really off it. Expected posting speed is relatively slow. I have a full time job, guys. I like to get a full night's sleep. And there's only but so much mental energy to go around. So most days I've only got a few hours to look around and think about posting. So if you're expecting a fast pace, uh, sorry. Not gonna happen.

It's January 2019. The Endgame just happened not three months ago. The Icons have had a membership shakeup. Anyone who's a superhero (professional, amateur, or otherwise) was at the final battle. This includes the entire staff of NPC Investigations. The year before, half of all life on earth turned to Dust and blew away. Not something you'd forget, even if they returned during said Endgame. Basically, you're new Junior Associate hires. With a few million people in the New York area that have basically lost a year of their lives, there's a lot to do. So let's go to work.

Player List

Approved
Princess Fedora by Fuzzy Boots
Seven Singh by Miracle
Anne "The Blank" Ominous by jmucchiello
Cecil Westlake by Commander Titan

Under Review (no new players at this time, check back later during 1st Intermission)
One slot empty if anyone wants it, with preference to Meredith Weaver by pathfinderq1
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 18 times in total.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Re: [Interest Check] 2e Phoenixverse Game?

Post by jmucchiello »

There is usually one 2e game going on with the occasional gap, I think.

What PL?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Part of me is interested, but my schedule is pretty full up.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:59 pm There is usually one 2e game going on with the occasional gap, I think.

What PL?
PL 8, with it being either 120 for inexperienced/teen heroes or 150 PP for experienced/adult heroes.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Post Contents Have Moved

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Don't need this stuff here anymore. Moved it up top. Go see if you haven't yet.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Potentially interested as well
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

I'd be interested, mostly in the NPC Investigations angle.
Current Setting Projects:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'd be interested, although I'm rusty at 2E. The investigation one sounds interesting if that's one you'd be interested in running.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [Recruitment] Unnamed 2e Phoenixverse Game

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Behold, the title and OP have changed.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

My time is pretty booked, but I'd be tempted in an exiles type game. The investigative not as much since keeping track of alot of details for games is trickier lately for me.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

My 2e knowledge is pretty rusty, but I'm always interested when big detailed fan-made worlds like this one get opened up to players. I could probably try to make somebody if there was a niche that needed filling.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'll vote for whichever game has the most superheroics.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Exiles:
Nobody.

NPC Investigations:
Commander Titan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 pm I'd be interested, mostly in the NPC Investigations angle.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:13 pm I'd be interested, although I'm rusty at 2E. The investigation one sounds interesting if that's one you'd be interested in running.
Seawings:
Nobody.

Traditionalish Superheroes:
Nobody.

Undecided:
Corrigon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:30 pm Potentially interested as well
mrdent12 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:47 am My time is pretty booked, but I'd be tempted in an exiles type game. The investigative not as much since keeping track of alot of details for games is trickier lately for me.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:44 am My 2e knowledge is pretty rusty, but I'm always interested when big detailed fan-made worlds like this one get opened up to players. I could probably try to make somebody if there was a niche that needed filling.
***********************************************************************************
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:15 am I'll vote for whichever game has the most superheroics.
You'll have to define this one for me. It's not exactly 4 color in the Modern Age. All four game types are about superheroes, they're just alternate approaches to the idea. They all protect people and fight criminals and supervillains. What kind of story are you looking for?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:39 pm You'll have to define this one for me. It's not exactly 4 color in the Modern Age. All four game types are about superheroes, they're just alternate approaches to the idea. They all protect people and fight criminals and supervillains. What kind of story are you looking for?
When I think of a superhero game, I want to be super. I have PL 6 games. What's the point? Or more accurately, don't call it "super".

I have a penchant for 4-color games. But everyone in the world seems to prefer Iron Age (or later) games. So I would lean toward "traditional superheroes" or "exiles". I'll play in the detective game. But I have Mr. Dent's worry of the details being too much for the sporadic pace of PbP.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Allow me to clarify - I'll play anything but the Exiles. Much as I like them conceptually, I don't really like playing games where I'm a teenager again.

NPC is just my top choice!
Current Setting Projects: